It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

wiki leaks tweeting strange codes???

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Wikileaks - Twitter

I hope people can see the page without having to sign in, they have been tweeting regular within the last 5 minutes and their last 2 tweets have been some strange looking code. Anyone have any idea of what (if anything) it all means? I know thy have been apparently on the verge of releasing their archives, maybe it is some sort of key?

I decided to copy and paste their tweets in case some couldnt view them, this is the 1st one

AES256CBC: Gw0whe$PfehwH[W%$%0sfwFGOENqi24yHSFP[NKFwekqzcxGPAEGMq32pfewkjnwrHN]#%Fwedqkdg?WM43\hgwr#$JhowdnwqQELFDWmenhwREWKwqeq$

2nd 'code'

openssl enc -d -aes-256-cbc outfile

and this strange tweet popped up as I was typing this post

Start your mirrors! Tweet each mirror with #wlmir mymirrorname.org/cablegate www.twitlonger.com...

Are they about to drop an information nuke on the world??

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Idonthaveabeard

I'm not savvy enough to get in to these files, but I'm with you.. Something is about to go down possibly. Calling all the tech savvy folks to get on board and tell us what this is all about!!!! S & F. Plus, I did check my twitter and this is correct...

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
It may be the AES256 code (or whatever its called) needed to decode the insurance file.

I hope it's the real deal and not a hack!
edit on 1-9-2011 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

link   
supposedly they have a very important file that is encrypted and they would release the encryption code once this had enough publicity. are these the encryption codes?

link   

edit on 1-9-2011 by boredsilly because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by 1curious1

Im the same, it does look like some sort of programming code, and I recognise 'open SSL' from somewhere, just not quite sure exactly where its from!

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by boredsilly

So this is the actual decryption code for this insurance archive??

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Note the files are compressed with 7zip. They unpack to 60 GB of material.

Latest tweet, so they have dropped a 60 gig encrypted file, anyone dare/know how to download and open it?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Idonthaveabeard

You can download it on PirateBay.

But you have to have the code to open it.....hopefully we will have it soon.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Is that not the code they just tweeted?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Shining a light on 45 years of US "diplomacy", it is time to open the archives forever

Here we GO!

Wikileaks Twitter
edit on 1-9-2011 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Idonthaveabeard
Wikileaks - Twitter

I hope people can see the page without having to sign in, they have been tweeting regular within the last 5 minutes and their last 2 tweets have been some strange looking code. Anyone have any idea of what (if anything) it all means? I know thy have been apparently on the verge of releasing their archives, maybe it is some sort of key?

I decided to copy and paste their tweets in case some couldnt view them, this is the 1st one

AES256CBC: Gw0whe$PfehwH[W%$%0sfwFGOENqi24yHSFP[NKFwekqzcxGPAEGMq32pfewkjnwrHN]#%Fwedqkdg?WM43\hgwr#$JhowdnwqQELFDWmenhwREWKwqeq$

2nd 'code'

and this strange tweet popped up as I was typing this post

Start your mirrors! Tweet each mirror with #wlmir mymirrorname.org/cablegate www.twitlonger.com...

Are they about to drop an information nuke on the world??

To me the jumbled text looks to be a access hash code or an MD5 Encryption string. Open SSL is a type of security certificate 256 bit encryption. Looks like Leaks is about to release the 60 GB Archive they have been talking about. Hang onto your hat folks (or not) the poop is hitting the fan. that is if it's as important as they say it is. 60GB's of information is a hell of alot of information. So you probably wont here much on it for the first few days. But yep that's what it looks like. Encryption keys/codes.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Angel of the heavy hail stones!

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Here is the original thread about it. This is the real deal, I can confirm that without a doubt.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
www.twitlonger.com...

Its a 557mb file...not the insurance file

Full, unencrypted, Cablegate2 archive: Cut and paste the following URL into a "magnet" compatible Bittorrent download client:

edit on 1-9-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

IF you downlaoded the encrypted file we announced previously, you don't have to download the unencrypted torrent Instead, decrypt the encrypted file, name it cablegate-201108300212.7z and put it into your torrent client's download directory. Then tell your client to add the torrent at 88.80.16.63... and it will be automatically seeded.

edit on 1-9-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I'm going to be honest with you, I never really paid wikileaks much attention until now. Mostly because they've been nothing but a bunch of lying, annoying esoteric people! Put up or shut the # up!

+10 more 
posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heartisblack
Put up or shut the # up!

They've put up 251 thousand cables.
Was that not enough for you?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Heartisblack

Well they just dropped a 60 gig file so .................... looks like they finally put up.

Trowa

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
CONFIRMED.

Wikileaks recently released a 571 megabyte encrypted file (Yesterday I think)

You can find it on PirateBay

OP's "Codes" are the Instructions to decrypt:

Openssl is an open source cryptography software suite.

The above commands decrypt the file "

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrowaBarton
reply to post by Heartisblack

Well they just dropped a 60 gig file so .................... looks like they finally put up.

Trowa

I'm going to see what this is, will be back. But you guys know in the past they've lied and said they had this, that and we never saw a thing. I will be following this.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join