It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WTF is wrong with us Americans?!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

"easier said than done", if you believe your own words, then start the change, start somehow the revolution.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

I am on ATS most days, all day. I see constantly the madness that people of authority have done to abuse our freedoms. Yet I do not see people, en mass, protesting this. WTF is wrong with us?

As always, it is a matter of the individual's comfort level.

We are no longer a nation of Americans. That is so long gone.

Today, we are a nation divided and subdivided unto itself.

Left, right... Democrats, Republicans... vegans and carnivores and omnivores... Christians and Catholics and Muslims and Atheists and all others... black, white, yellow, red, green, purple... boomers, x-gen'rs... straights, homos, bi's... believers of the story, disbelievers of the story, believers of nothing... northerners, southerners, west coast, east coast, gulf coast...

These used to be defined as character traits that made each of us unique. But today, they are divisive because we have bought into the training that teaches us to dislike those who do not immediately agree with our politics or world views. We are taught how to sling insults, abuse words like 'hate' (as if we even knew what that really was!).

So... here we are that nation that was once proud and free and united even though we were all each as different and uniquely individual as our fingerprints. The difference between then and now is that those differences are used by us, against us.

We could liberate ourselves if we could overcome our brain screw... but we won't because we have been shown how to find comfort in those divisions.

That's my take on it

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
To far down the thread for a response to be sure but here goes anyway...

1. Contacting my Representatives in DC: I used to do it but I really feel it is a waste of time. They have no concern as I truly do not pay their salaries. They have donors who do that for real.

2. Voting: I still do it but I think it is a waste of time. No matter who goes into office, they will still be beholding to the same moneyed interests. What ever was said on the campaign trail is long forgotten.

3. Demonstrations/Protests: Not really my style so blame me if I have never done that. Regardless, name me one occasion peaceful protests have done anything.

4. Some one mentioned being a burden on the "system": I am not sure how this would ever work as it assume only one idealistic outcome. How the action directly produces that outcome, who knows.

I truly believe the way the world works is pretty much how those who pull the levers want it to work. What other explanation is there? To change that, one has to change the lever pullers. I really doubt they will go quietly.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by spy66

Originally posted by CasiusIgnoranze
reply to post by haarvik

Here are the main reasons why Americans are not protesting:

- American Idol
- America's Got Talent
- Fox news
- Hollywood
- Celebrities
- Excessive Student Loans
- Excessive Debt
- Lady Gaga
- Fake Politicians assuring them Freedom and tax cuts
- They have no clue that America is doomed once the dollar collapses, which the Fed intends to do just to make America's Debt "cheaper".

And the list goes on and on...

I couldn't agree more; First the Romans used the Arena to put on a show to distract the public. Today it is much more improved and addictive.
The other thing is that the new and improved entertainment is at home on a screen. This prevents people from gathering.

I totally agree with this. It's also known as your "comfort zone". Cheap internet is being handed out across the Western world while our bars and clubs are being screwed over for not complying to health and safety. Don't get me started on the smoking bans!

In Thailand, people still have the right idea. They happily endure the risks of drinking in a bar where there is dodgy electrical wiring, loose floor tiles etc. TPTB in Thailand are not concerned with trying to micro-manage everything you do. They don't ban smoking or pay anything like as much in taxes and fuel as we do either.

We've imprisoned ourselves thinking there is a scary, dangerous world outside where we are punished for enjoying ourselves.
At the same time, we are told that we can be entertained in our own homes with our families but the truth is most families are living apart and have also started to imprison themselves seperately in rooms away from their relatives.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ABNARTY
Regardless, name me one occasion peaceful protests have done anything.
Gandhi, India. Parks, USA. There are 2.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
we can't do anything because if we try to stage a protest, the police, which are citizens just like us by the way, will come threaten to shoot us....even if we did something, what would happen next? no one can get their heads out of their a$$e$ long enough to look around and see who the real enemy is...everyone has their own ideas of who the enemy is and most of them are wrong......plus, protests with signs don't do anything to change anything, it takes blood spilled and fear to change something.....we can't agree on anything so how could anyone organize a 'get america back' campaign?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Your political system is broken. Anyone who enter's it gets assimilated (Just like the Borg). When I was younger I used to envy your system. Now, thank my lucky stars I live in a parlimentary democracy.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

I disagree.

en.wikipedia.org...

The American Civil rights movement was not a peaceful time. Fire hoses, beatings, dogs, etc. The protesters were actually breaking laws at the time, albeit stupid laws as we see them today. Civil disobedience, the popular euphemism, was the name of the game. Gandhi was the same thing. As a matter of fact, he was a war supporter in 1906.

I understand people want to remember this as a completely peaceful process but it wasn't. That perception does not stand up to scrutiny of the facts. Today we have the "Arab Spring" which sound beautiful but it does involve quite a bit of bloodshed.

Ask yourself: What do these security elements aim to deflect? A protest sign? A nifty slogan? Of course not. Those things pose no threat, they will change nothing so who cares? A little bit of "civil disobedience"? Now that is another story. For that, they stand ready because it is an actual threat, an actual catalyst for unwanted change.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Thing is, the majority of Americans don't really know whats going on. When # hits the fan, they'll be running around like decapitated chickens. They'll gladly accept martial law, maybe even demand it. I don't think there will be a revolution like we hope.

Best thing to do is give up trying to tell Americans and keep your food reserves high. Why? Because Americans care more about the Super Bowl, Lindsey Lohan, and Jersey Shore than they do their own country. I don't waste my time telling people if they evidently don't care to hear it.
edit on 08/10/2011 by deadmessiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

Research "Time of Sorrows" and Tribulation. Then you have your answer. That is whats wrong with us, and not just us but the entire world.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I hope Ron Paul gets elected in 2012 and sets in motion the changes to make this country better. If he doesn't, I hope there is a revolution.. Maybe ats member gwydionblack will start his revolution as highlighted in his manifesto HERE . He claimed in his preceding thread that if by 2013 no-one has started to make the country better, he would do his damndest to start a revolution if no-one else already has. Whether he likes me referencing his post or not, I feel his intentions are justified and I am with him.

I've said it in other posts as well. It's our DUTY TO OUR COUNTRY to start making things better, even if it requires means that go against the currently flawed rules and regulations. I can't claim to be able to start a movement, but I will sure as hell join into one if someone else can...

Cheers.
edit on 1-9-2011 by Qemyst because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

WTF is wrong with us Americans?!,

I am just trying to figure out how I can live comfortable and not work anymore......

But I am willing to work for it

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Unfortunately, fear has been used to stifle descent. When we see a good percentage of people are down to their last dollar, you will start seeing an uprising of the masses here in America. When people are out of their comfort zone, they get angry. Americans need a fire under their butts before they spring to action.

Americans are still supporting political parties in this country that are allowing our constitutional rights to be trampled upon. People continue to believe all these parties are actually concerned about them. We continually argue about who's party is better. I see threads and posts pointing the finger at each other on a daily basis. Until we unite under the common good this country will remain divisive and distracted.

I don't know when an uprising will happen, but I believe it will come when push comes to shove.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by haarvik
I am on ATS most days, all day. I see constantly the madness that people of authority have done to abuse our freedoms. Yet I do not see people, en mass, protesting this. WTF is wrong with us? Our parents, and some grandparents did more protesting over a war in the 60's. This is our home, our country, our freedoms at stake. What is it going to take for us to finally wake up and say enough is enough! When are we going to make ourselves heard and finally take control back from those who have abused their powers?

I served in the US Navy, and I did not serve to allow this kind of BS to take place. I fully support and defend the Constitution, and ALL Americans should be doing the same! Stop allowing TPTB to take away your freedoms! Fight for them! Protest and label those who abuse them, and try to take them away! For god's sake, get your head out of your a$$ and do something to protect our freedoms before it is too late!!!!

Dude, I don't know where you live but, in Houston, I can do anything I want as long as I don't hurt others in the process. Noone has taken away any freedoms from me. I do whatever I want, when I want basically. Maybe you could be a little more specific on what you feel has been taken from you, I am curious.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
reply to post by haarvik

Sad thing is most will only care when it is TOO late.

That is very true. The thing is, the the people WILL feel like it is too late at that time. We will have our backs against a wall and the only option left will be to fight (think caged animal). We will be forced to take this country back.

Fighting back is the only option left to us when the government has us cornered.

Edit~We are getting there though. As things continue to collapse, it will change. I hope you aren't in a big city for those times (not because of terrorist, the citizens will do it to themselves/go crazy).
edit on 1-9-2011 by adraves because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
After reading the replies to this thread, and answering some questions, I now have a question for you:

Who is ready and willing to make the change happen? How many of you are simply doing lip service? Who is willing to do what it takes to reclaim our country?

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ultraman2011
Your political system is broken. Anyone who enter's it gets assimilated (Just like the Borg). When I was younger I used to envy your system. Now, thank my lucky stars I live in a parlimentary democracy.

If Jefferson were alive today and were elected to to go up there somewhere.....they would slay him.... like Zecharia between the alter and the temple.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join