It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WTF is wrong with us Americans?!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I am on ATS most days, all day. I see constantly the madness that people of authority have done to abuse our freedoms. Yet I do not see people, en mass, protesting this. WTF is wrong with us? Our parents, and some grandparents did more protesting over a war in the 60's. This is our home, our country, our freedoms at stake. What is it going to take for us to finally wake up and say enough is enough! When are we going to make ourselves heard and finally take control back from those who have abused their powers?

I served in the US Navy, and I did not serve to allow this kind of BS to take place. I fully support and defend the Constitution, and ALL Americans should be doing the same! Stop allowing TPTB to take away your freedoms! Fight for them! Protest and label those who abuse them, and try to take them away! For god's sake, get your head out of your a$$ and do something to protect our freedoms before it is too late!!!!

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

Sad thing is most will only care when it is TOO late.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

WTF is wrong with us?

Do you want the long answer or the short answer?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
How come when it comes to standing up and protesting or doing something people always ask "why aren't we doing anything?" Ask other people to start something. If this really gets you going then I say go do it. If want change you have to affect change.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I agree with your sentiments, but have to ask...what are YOU doing about it? Coming here and ranting, while cathartic, does zip to effect change. At the end of this month, I will be adopting the Cloward–Piven strategy to bring about the end of the nanny state. I have only convinced a few to join me so far, I am also actively supporting Ron Paul in my real life identity. So, what are you doing?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Thank you for your service, Shipmate!

The problem is that those that were the protesters in the 60's are those that are incharge today.

You took the words right out of my mouth. When I took my oath in 1980, it did NOT stop upon my discharge. It still is important to me. What is it that we do, other than take up arms? That is not something that I'm prepared to do. Try to get elected to make some real changes? I'm finding that you can't get elected to even a minor position with out spending BOOCOO Bucks. (school board in a very small district.)

Suggestions?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

Here are the main reasons why Americans are not protesting:

- American Idol
- America's Got Talent
- Facebook
- Twitter
- Fox news
- Hollywood
- Celebrities
- Excessive Student Loans
- Excessive Debt
- Lady Gaga
- Fake Politicians assuring them Freedom and tax cuts
- They have no clue that America is doomed once the dollar collapses, which the Fed intends to do just to make America's Debt "cheaper".

As you can see, theres just TOO MANY distractions for anyone to be even THINKING about protesting.
edit on 1-9-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: .

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

The most logical answer is we have seen how the 60's panned out. No amount of protesting or bs is going to stop whats happening now just look at the news paper, cops taser people and shoot people for little to no reason, laws are passed without our consent, freedoms voted for are repealed aka medical MJ. the list goes on and everuyone is waiting for that final straw before the crap hit the fan and people go nuts

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

As you can see, theres just TOO MANY distractions for anyone to be even THINKING about protesting

This is exactly what I tell everyone. That everything is just a distraction for something else.

Most people I know are so busy bitching about it on Facebook and other forums, they don't have time to take any real action. Or they are so caught up in their own personal agenda they don't remember to look at the big picture. It's sad...

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by CasiusIgnoranze
reply to post by haarvik

- American Idol
- America's Got Talent
- Fox news
- Hollywood
- Celebrities
- Excessive Debt
- Lady Gaga
- They have no clue that America is doomed once the dollar collapses, which the Fed intends to do just to make America's Debt "cheaper".

As you can see, theres just TOO MANY distractions for anyone to be even THINKING about protesting.
edit on 1-9-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: .

wow, ya got a lot of time on your hands.

or you are under 30.

that's ok you are not responsible for anything. right?

ya it's the end for the USA. you first.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by CasiusIgnoranze
reply to post by haarvik

- American Idol
- America's Got Talent
- Fox news
- Hollywood
- Celebrities
- Excessive Debt
- Lady Gaga

And the list goes on and on...

I couldn't agree more; First the Romans used the Arena to put on a show to distract the public. Today it is much more improved and addictive.
The other thing is that the new and improved entertainment is at home on a screen. This prevents people from gathering.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
What am I doing? Well, I am an avid Paul supporter, I do engage in writing not only my reps, but ALL reps. I engage in local events as well. I don't do lip service. Unfortunately most people just sit back saying "they won't do that" and are surprised when they do. While I view violence as a last resort, I am starting to think that resort is upon us. There are a lot of fed up people out there, and yet when someone does stand up, those who believe the same cower in the darkness, too afraid to stand with them. Look at the rest of the world. They ban together for a common cause and effect change. Isn't it time we followed suit? What happened to us being the world leaders? Shouldn't we be showing the rest of the world how it's done? All we do is show them how we like to have our a$$** reamed, without so much as a gratuitous reach around!

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

I feel like you, sadly many other people feel like us, but taking into consideration that we lack a leader that will take the government and exposed for what it is, and taking into consideration that media can not be used to promote awareness of government corruption unless is filtered by corporate America, many Americans have not clue of what goes on, still many through propaganda still trust government.

Also remember that our government is the biggest employer in the nation, manage SS, Medicare and retirement accounts, including my husband military retirement check, many people are afraid that the hand outs will be taken away in retaliation.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Were all living comfortably numb... Why would anyone want to give that up? Ignorance is Bliss in America

Everybody is happy with being monetary slaves... as long as they can gossip it up on facebook, let celebs tell them how to think and what to buy... And fatten themselves up on mcdonalds and burger king... watch pro sports(which ive never understood... I mean these people arent even from the same state/city they are playing for... WTF?)

No one cares about other peoples rights being taken away, as long as they can still watch their idiot box, txt on cell phones, and fill up their tanks with gas, everything is fine!

Like the 1st person to reply said... People will only care when its too late to do anything about it...

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

so you approve the use of christians as entertainment?

like feeding them to the lions?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooks
reply to post by spy66

so you approve the use of christians as entertainment?

like feeding them to the lions?

No. How did you come up with that idea from what i posted?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by haarvik
What am I doing? Well, I am an avid Paul supporter, I do engage in writing not only my reps, but ALL reps. I engage in local events as well. I don't do lip service. Unfortunately most people just sit back saying "they won't do that" and are surprised when they do. While I view violence as a last resort, I am starting to think that resort is upon us. There are a lot of fed up people out there, and yet when someone does stand up, those who believe the same cower in the darkness, too afraid to stand with them. Look at the rest of the world. They ban together for a common cause and effect change. Isn't it time we followed suit? What happened to us being the world leaders? Shouldn't we be showing the rest of the world how it's done? All we do is show them how we like to have our a$$** reamed, without so much as a gratuitous reach around!

I'm glad you engage in writing you reps. I do this as well and I get results (mostly), I encourage other to do this too but get the same response as you indicated "They won't do anything..." Good example, the tropical storm we just had on the East Coast. Pretty much everyone lost power, Nstar and National Grid was useless, initially, gave us an estimated two weeks for full restoration. I spent a half a day on the phone with my state reps expressing my concerns and guess what... the trucks rolled and restored my power within 3 days. Meanwhile, there are still people sitting in the dark complaining about it but not taking any action. You have to advocate for yourself sometimes ya know?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

I too served in the Navy. I can agree that the government is doing things I don't agree with and feel are wrong. That being said, I call, email and write my representatives and I've attended three demonstrations in the last year. I volunteer for organizations that support my beliefs and most importantly I vote every election. I think you might be surprised at the people who are taking action. Admittedly it was only recently that I got this active. As another member said you have to be the change you want.

So, can you share with us what you are doing to be the change? I'm not asking to attack you but rather for more ideas as we can all learn from one another and you might inspire another to become active.

Sorry just saw your post; while I can't support Ron Paul I do like that you are following your beliefs. Good for you.
edit on 1-9-2011 by gallopinghordes because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I am interested in hearing what freedoms have been lost in America, apart from air travel.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

Freedom of religion, free speech etc. These are just a few. Due to special interest and lobbying groups, our Constitution has been "interpreted" to reflect the view of the influential, and not those of the American citizen. Two posts today are clear violations of some of those rights being violated.

Above Top Secret

Above Top Secret

There are plenty more out there, you just have to want to know about it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join