It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2030 - Top Countries

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000

b. Japan
They could amass a large robotic army by 2030

I knew they were building those Asimo robots for a reason. Robot nannies for old people my a$$. They just counting the years till they have a huge mech army

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Lets not forget,Canada has a lot of fresh water as long as our goverment doesn't give it all away

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I have to dissagree, Canada will be on the top

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I don't know about top but we have so much empty land and if this global warming keeps up the northern parts of the world will be able to feed and support many more people than it does now

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   
1. China
2. Cuba
3. North Korea
4. Vietnam
5. Palestine
6. Aztlan
7. Canada
8. Spain
9. Libya
10. Peoples Republic of Massachusetts.

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

10. Peoples Republic of Massachusetts.

I like the PRoMA! HAHA Hilarious

I think the geoploitical balance is far too unstable right now to guess who will be the top dogs. But is things hold the way thay are now I see the EU growing in power by leaps and the US sinking... though not to the 3rd world standards Ill speaks of. China is a growing power. They are abusing the West's lust for cheap good to stuff their coffers. China, historically, is country that likes to take things slowly. They will eventualy unleash their power on the world. Russia.. well, I have never trusted the aspirations of Putin. I see him making large violent plays for control over ex-soviet lands, the question is will anyone do anything against it?

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 02:54 PM
link   
1. United States of America
2. USA
3. USA
4. USA
5. USA
6. USA
7. USA
8. USA
9. USA
10. Everyone Else

[edit on 22-8-2004 by Murcielago]

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 07:45 PM
link   
are you really that arrogant in thinking that the US will be so superior to other nations in 2030???

The US has peaked as it is top dog and rich while EU and China have so much more potential to grow into superpowers as well.

Show a little education and knowledge of world events and other nations developments before you post such an arrogant statement again.

Is it because education in your state is in such a state of disrepair that you were only taught about how great america is and how inferior everyone else is in every way? can you point to canada or thailand on the map??

[edit on 22-8-2004 by drfunk]

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by drfunk
Is it because education in your state is in such a state of disrepair that you were only taught about how great america is and how inferior everyone else is in every way? can you point to canada or thailand on the map??

Maybe he just loves his country. How do you feel about yours?

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by colsislander
Lets not forget,Canada has a lot of fresh water as long as our goverment doesn't give it all away

Yeah I forgot about this. This could justify a top 10 appearance by 2030 just due to the Tar sands and our Fresh Water reserves.

GD

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   
We have a thirty year lead now. Even if we went into an immediate slide, which we won�t, we will still be ahead. And that�s just based on weapons programs we know about.

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Where a superpower is about world influence, 2030 style:

1. Europe
2. China
3. USA
4. Saudi-Indonesia-Islamic states coalition
5. Russia
6. India
7. Brazil

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Japan will be on the top of the list in 2030.
behold your doom

a wave of robot warriors will rocket Japan to the top. The bell tolls for all humans

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackout
So I'm just curious, that by 2030 who do you all think will rank at the top superpowers list? Here's my list anyway (take everything into consideration whether it be military power, economic strength, and so forth):
So what does everyone else think?

1. US- economic, military
2. EU- economic, military
3. Russia- military, economic
4. China- military, economic
5. Japan- economic
6. Indonesia- economic
7. Brazil- economic
8. India- economic
9. ?
Iran will out rate Israel.
Isreal will only make some list militarily and then due to a lack of native economic power will not be rated much if any above #15. If the "Israel lobby" ever looses sway in American politics Israel will slip 'way down' any list.

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 10:00 PM
link   
1a) US
1b) EU
1c) China
2) Russia
3) Japan
4) India
5) California

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 10:00 PM
link   
1a) US
1b) EU
1c) China
2) Russia
3) Japan
4) India
5) California

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Since all major powers will end in 2012, in their places will grow a truely one world government which will bring peace to areas of the world that haven't seen peace for a very long time.

- Was

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 01:51 AM
link   
i am proud of my country but I am not so blindly patriotic and arrogant to think it is leagues ahead of everyone elses.

The US has a 30 year lead??! in what may I ask?! There's not a chance that the US is that far ahead in ANYTHING compared to other developed nations esp. in the military.

thanks,
drfunk

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
1a) US
1b) EU
1c) China
2) Russia
3) Japan
4) India
5) California

Actually Mad man, you really make a good point. California is a huge economic power on its own right something in the neighborhood of 6-7th in the world.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blackout
With all the new rising superpowers (China and India) and Russia starting to get back on its feet, the US (the CIA in particular) is beginning to realize that there are potential threats becoming present.

Keep in mind that by 2030 that a most of today's superpowers will have 5th generation aircraft (US JSF, China XXJ, Russia MFI, India MCA).

So I'm just curious, that by 2030 who do you all think will rank at the top superpowers list? Here's my list anyway (take everything into consideration whether it be military power, economic strength, and so forth):

1. US
2. China
3. EU
4. Russia
5. Israel
6. India

So what does everyone else think?

Yea but the USA will have 7th generation fighters. So there.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join