It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2030 - Top Countries

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Good question
2030 is too soon, only 25 years away. 2050 is a better date.

However by 2030 I think...

US will still be primary power
China will be top of the 2nd tier
EU will be a primary power
(a very good thing imho)
Russia will be as repressive as ever, but no threat fr anything with the cold war armies gone
Israel will be minor still, under the protective unberella of the USA
India will be an emerging superpower however the poor and illiterate will still drag it back.

Originally posted by Blackout
1. US
2. China
3. EU
4. Russia
5. Israel
6. India

So what does everyone else think?

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
India will be an emerging superpower however the poor and illiterate will still drag it back.

Its not only to total poverty in India its their massive population. UNESCO I think has predicted that the chinese population will exceede Chinas by that time. With half the land mass an no population controll, you bet they will be looking for new territory. Can you say Pakistan??

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 12:21 AM
link   
absolutely agreed California would be a power in its own right with its huge economic power

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

Its not only to total poverty in India its their massive population. UNESCO I think has predicted that the chinese population will exceede Chinas by that time. With half the land mass an no population controll, you bet they will be looking for new territory. Can you say Pakistan??

The problem with India is that it's the untouchables causing this population growth. Considering you can't draft untouchables into the army and whatnot, I doubt they'll pose as a potential threat. Another problem is if they launch a full scale attack on Pakistan then China will get in the mess due to alliances.

About Cali, I'd hate to say it but they can live without us. They have Hollywood and a huge economy. I don't live in Cali though =\.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Good question
2030 is too soon, only 25 years away. 2050 is a better date.

I chose 2030 because there are already some nations booming (EU and China) whereas there's also some nations slowly rising (India and Israel).

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 11:31 PM
link   
1. US
2. Russia
3. China
4. UK
5. Persia
6. India
7. EU (recovering from civil war)

just my guess.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

Originally posted by American Mad Man
1a) US
1b) EU
1c) China
2) Russia
3) Japan
4) India
5) California

Actually Mad man, you really make a good point. California is a huge economic power on its own right something in the neighborhood of 6-7th in the world.

I have heard quotes as high as #5 in the world. And with so many Mexicans coming over the boarder, I could see them actually going on their own (or at least trying, theres no way the US would allow it)

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 02:41 AM
link   
1) China
2) US
3) EU (If we're taking it as one single country.)
4) India
5) Japan

China is the fastest growing economy, has the largest military, is one of the largest land masses, and is huge technologically. They're here to stay, and the US is slowly going down.

By 2030 or 2050, China will have overtaken the US with economic strength - but the Euro or the Dollar may still be the standard currency.

The US is slowly lessening. It's got a lot to make up for, and if it turns a ton of things around right now, it could retain #1, but it is not guaranteed that spot. At all.

I don't see why we're just taking the EU as the EU. They use one currency, work together with science, and show a united front to the world to prevent the crushing of single countries by superpowers. The EU is in no way a single country, and the day we really decide to think of it as one is the day we've let incrementalism go too damn far.

India is going up. With the sheerly shocking work ethic commonly exhibited by Indians (Don't say it isn't true. Just don't. This is not intended to be a 'racist' remark in the slightest. I am merely commenting on the fact that Indian culture promotes efficiency and hard work, not contributing to a false stereotype.) With the world's computer tasks being outsourced to India, and India's growing economy, things are just getting better there.

Of course, there is the issue of Indian space. Their problems with this will limit them, that's why they are in #4.

Japan is last, because of that army of Robots, because of their massive technological basis, and because of their cultural influence on today's generation, which will be grown up and in power in 2030.

As for everyone saying Russia and California - remember that California is the movie industry, which is not the most amazing thing in the world any more. The Video Game industry is climbing to match and will likely surpass the movie industry by 2030, following current trends. This will only extend Japanese influence, and lower the concentration of power and wealth.

Russia? Russia?! They've been knocked to their knees. Unmaintained old equipment run by even older, or young and completely untrained soldiers, in a broken-up economy run by gangs and mob-bosses? Yes, that's our top-5'er there. Unless capitalism suddenly makes a magical turnabout there and everyone is making tons of money and everyone is spending, Russia is out. Cold.

Edit: Heh, forgot to say: Just my guess.

[edit on 26-8-2004 by Viendin]

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by HyperenWell you're not the only one to have been screwed by the American goverment and because of their inferior weaponry. The only way not to is to keep your military programs as far away as possible from them and develop them in total secrecy.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

no, it was too expensive for one, we didnt force canada to cancel it(the arrow).

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 03:06 AM
link   
India certainly has the potential. Infact India has alredy set a deadline of 2020 to be a fully developed nation.

But to me, that remains an illusion. Be it 2020 , 2050, or 200050 India will continue to struggle.Indians lack the confidence and the bullish approach.
Inidans are too mellowed down and will succum to everything and anything with more impetius to emotion than functionality.

There also talk of declaring India a "Hindu nation" on the lines of Israel.

India is plagued by terrorism sponsered by Pakistan, communal violence, poverty, illitracy and uneployment and will continue to do so...

It brigns tears to my eyes but India is the Laughing Stock of the world.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Wow, nice predictions there guys. But, then again, they are guesses from people like you and I, who, probably, don�t have a clue as to what the hell they are talking about to begin with, and have no reputable evidence to back it up.

If any of you have read Patrick J. Buchanan�s book �The Death of the West�, (who by the way was a senior advisor to three American presidents) you know the more realistic looking outcome, and it isn�t pretty for the US or Russia.

Europe is basically a walking dead man. Being a Russian, who is proud of his super awesome country, it�s hard to swallow. But if it�s keeping you up late at night, just think of it this way; we�re all dead in the end. Hopefully from an asteroid, that'd be sight! And with that, I�ll share the facts brought to light by Buchanan�s book (for those of you who have no interest in reading it, or just can�t get a copy).

The facts...

1.) �Russia, already in a terminal population crises, will, by 2050, be driven out of Central Asia by Islamic invaders and lose huge slices of Siberia and her Far East to a China fifteen times as populous.�

2.) �Not a single European country � save Moslem Albania � has a birth rate that will enable it to survive in its present form through this century. By 2050, only one-tenth of the world�s people ill be of European descent, and it will be the oldest tenth on earth, with a median range of almost fifty.�

3.) �There are 30 million foreign-born in the United States today, and between 9 and 11 million illegal aliens � as many illegals as there are people in Rhode Island, Massachusetts, and Connecticut combined.�

4.) �America is losing the cultural war. Militant paganism is crowding out the old faiths. Separatism is triumphing over integration. The melting pot has become a salad bowl. And the impact upon American society, politics, and culture will be devastating.�

5.) �Her population (Mother Russia) is projected to fall from 147 million to 114 million by 2050. As Russians are dying, China, even under its one-couple-one-child policy, expects 250 million more people by 2050.�

6.) �China has long looked on slices of Siberia as �lost territories�, stolen in the nineteenth century when China was weak and beset by revolution and preyed upon by Western imperial powers.�

7.) �By 2050, a third of Europe�s people will be over sixty. In the UK, Germany, France, Italy, and Spain, one in ten will be over eighty.�

8.) �Three-fourths of the enormous Russian land mass lies east of the Urals, but only 8 million Russians live in the trackless expanses of the Russian Far East, fewer people than there are in the Czech Republic.�

9.) �The baby boom that began in 1946 and ended in 1964 was the largest generation in US history. But it failed to reproduce itself. With its oldest now fifty-five, and its youngest thirty-seven, that generation is about done having children.�

There are a LOT more, I however am tired of typing and quoting.

Buchanan's predictions...

1.) Africa will, likewise, invade and colonize Europe.

2.) China will steal huge chunks of Siberia from Russia.

3.) Mexico will take back Texas, then California, with some help, maybe eventually the United States entirely.

4.) What we consider third world countries will be the new superpowers.

5.) Muslim will be the dominant religion.

6.) Japan, one of the world�s oldest nations, is going down. Slowly but surely. Like the rest of the West.

Basically, what it amounts it is; if this all turns out to be true, his predictions, Europe, Russia, the US and Japan are all losing their population slowly. Why? Because we don�t want to have children, apparently. Young people these days would rather further their education, than be stay-at-home parents like before. We�re dying off, slowly, but surely.

Our nukes act as a good repellant for the meantime, which probably explains why neither the US or Russia have been seriously attacked. But only God knows how long we can continue to maintain those in functioning order.

It takes a lot of money to look after those bad boys. And I doubt other nations are really that stupid to begin with, so our beautiful warheads won�t be used before they�re lost. Which means, Mecca probably will not be accelerated to a slightly-above-normal 3 hundred billion degrees Fahrenheit. Thus, we�ll be destroyed in the long run. Or so his theory goes.

[edit on 8/26/2004 by The Crow]

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
1. China
2. Cuba
3. North Korea
4. Vietnam
5. Palestine
6. Aztlan
7. Canada
8. Spain
9. Libya
10. Peoples Republic of Massachusetts.

Add Australia somewhere between 8 - 16 on the list of future superpowers.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 08:31 AM
link   
The outcome of the attempts to bring democracy to Iraq will a have a large affect on wheather or not the USA is still the number 1 superpower in 2030.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Crow

It's payback time!!! Nobody has mentioned any african nation being a powerful one yet. But let one or two of them start to prosper, then we shall see
. (I would say Egypt, Cameroon, South Africa & Nigeria)

I hope the Caribbean islands can join to and become a superpower. But size and population are obstacles to that.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Umm based on what exactly? How much fresh water reserves does Aussies have? Not as much as Canada(#1 in the world in that category
) How much Oil? Natural Gas? I dont have much knowledge of Australia so I'd like to learn what they got up their sleeve.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000

Umm based on what exactly? How much fresh water reserves does Aussies have? Not as much as Canada(#1 in the world in that category
) How much Oil? Natural Gas? I dont have much knowledge of Australia so I'd like to learn what they got up their sleeve.

Australia is self Sufficient in everything execpt oil. Where do you think 80% of japans iron ore comes from?
A respectable defence industry. Australia is an Island so if they had to they would just turn salt water into fresh water. In terms of fresh water reserves most counties would have more per square KM given that texas gets 80% more rain then the outback.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Who will be in 25 years. I think 25 years to too long to tell ahead. Seems though 25 years ago it was US and USSR(they were still USSR then right?),
and 25 years before that, Germany , England , USSR , Japan? With untold wars and seemingly heating up world politics, I couldn't say. And I don't beleive though that the US would allow itself to fall, although, neither would the "empires" of the past.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 11:02 AM
link   
EU is not a nationm, only an alliance that can be broken, like in ww1. We are talking about nations alone. IN europe england should be the only nation in the list.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Crow
Wow, nice predictions there guys. But, then again, they are guesses from people like you and I, who, probably, don�t have a clue as to what the hell they are talking about to begin with, and have no reputable evidence to back it up.

If any of you have read Patrick J. Buchanan�s book �The Death of the West�, (who by the way was a senior advisor to three American presidents) you know the more realistic looking outcome, and it isn�t pretty for the US or Russia.

Europe is basically a walking dead man. Being a Russian, who is proud of his super awesome country, it�s hard to swallow. But if it�s keeping you up late at night, just think of it this way; we�re all dead in the end. Hopefully from an asteroid, that'd be sight! And with that, I�ll share the facts brought to light by Buchanan�s book (for those of you who have no interest in reading it, or just can�t get a copy).

The facts...

1.) �Russia, already in a terminal population crises, will, by 2050, be driven out of Central Asia by Islamic invaders and lose huge slices of Siberia and her Far East to a China fifteen times as populous.�

2.) �Not a single European country � save Moslem Albania � has a birth rate that will enable it to survive in its present form through this century. By 2050, only one-tenth of the world�s people ill be of European descent, and it will be the oldest tenth on earth, with a median range of almost fifty.�

3.) �There are 30 million foreign-born in the United States today, and between 9 and 11 million illegal aliens � as many illegals as there are people in Rhode Island, Massachusetts, and Connecticut combined.�

4.) �America is losing the cultural war. Militant paganism is crowding out the old faiths. Separatism is triumphing over integration. The melting pot has become a salad bowl. And the impact upon American society, politics, and culture will be devastating.�

5.) �Her population (Mother Russia) is projected to fall from 147 million to 114 million by 2050. As Russians are dying, China, even under its one-couple-one-child policy, expects 250 million more people by 2050.�

6.) �China has long looked on slices of Siberia as �lost territories�, stolen in the nineteenth century when China was weak and beset by revolution and preyed upon by Western imperial powers.�

7.) �By 2050, a third of Europe�s people will be over sixty. In the UK, Germany, France, Italy, and Spain, one in ten will be over eighty.�

8.) �Three-fourths of the enormous Russian land mass lies east of the Urals, but only 8 million Russians live in the trackless expanses of the Russian Far East, fewer people than there are in the Czech Republic.�

9.) �The baby boom that began in 1946 and ended in 1964 was the largest generation in US history. But it failed to reproduce itself. With its oldest now fifty-five, and its youngest thirty-seven, that generation is about done having children.�

There are a LOT more, I however am tired of typing and quoting.

Buchanan's predictions...

2.) China will steal huge chunks of Siberia from Russia.

3.) Mexico will take back Texas, then California, with some help, maybe eventually the United States entirely.

4.) What we consider third world countries will be the new superpowers.

5.) Muslim will be the dominant religion.

6.) Japan, one of the world�s oldest nations, is going down. Slowly but surely. Like the rest of the West.

Basically, what it amounts it is; if this all turns out to be true, his predictions, Europe, Russia, the US and Japan are all losing their population slowly. Why? Because we don�t want to have children, apparently. Young people these days would rather further their education, than be stay-at-home parents like before. We�re dying off, slowly, but surely.

Our nukes act as a good repellant for the meantime, which probably explains why neither the US or Russia have been seriously attacked. But only God knows how long we can continue to maintain those in functioning order.

It takes a lot of money to look after those bad boys. And I doubt other nations are really that stupid to begin with, so our beautiful warheads won�t be used before they�re lost. Which means, Mecca probably will not be accelerated to a slightly-above-normal 3 hundred billion degrees Fahrenheit. Thus, we�ll be destroyed in the long run. Or so his theory goes.

[edit on 8/26/2004 by The Crow]

Are you reatarded. Mexicos military sucks. You all are talking like the US will stop making weapons, and advancing, letting other nations get better. Well guess what not in this universe.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Agreed. Mexico is so far behind it would probably take them 40 years to catch up to the US in millitary might. The only way I see cali/texas oing anywhere is a legal succesion (spl?).

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join