It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2030 - Top Countries

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 12:31 AM
link   
With all the new rising superpowers (China and India) and Russia starting to get back on its feet, the US (the CIA in particular) is beginning to realize that there are potential threats becoming present.

Keep in mind that by 2030 that a most of today's superpowers will have 5th generation aircraft (US JSF, China XXJ, Russia MFI, India MCA).

So I'm just curious, that by 2030 who do you all think will rank at the top superpowers list? Here's my list anyway (take everything into consideration whether it be military power, economic strength, and so forth):

1. US
2. China
3. EU
4. Russia
5. Israel
6. India

So what does everyone else think?

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 12:36 AM
link   
i'd get rid of Israel out of that list but if you are including every jew on the planet (and a lot of them are rich) then maybe so. But i'd agree with what the list says except the #1 could be either EU, China or US because with the EU's economic growth is literally going to take off in the new Eastern European nations and future nations as per capita GDP will be comparable to Western Europe in the future and as we all know China just keeps on growing.

So IMHO the world stage will be very interesting in the future

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 12:40 AM
link   
The USA??

Let's be serious, by 2030 the USA at least would be a third world country, if lucky.

The EU is taking over soon with their EURO. Israel is up there but China would be #1.

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 12:50 AM
link   
you have to be kidding illmatic. where's your third world country belief come from?

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 01:00 AM
link   
in relation to the increasing foreign debt and a energy infrastructure comparable to a third world nation perhaps??

I would like to hear the argument

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by drfunk
in relation to the increasing foreign debt and a energy infrastructure comparable to a third world nation perhaps??

I would like to hear the argument

Dam I was just about to post this but drfunk beat me to it.

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by astroblade
you have to be kidding illmatic. where's your third world country belief come from?

Well, lets face it Florida is kind of third world country

Actually I would drop Israel from the list. India too. The main reason is that thier population will have exceeded China's at that point with far less land mass.

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 03:33 AM
link   
The #1 and #2 spot will probably be whomever will be competing neck and neck in another space race. The U.S., China, and the EU could all be quite viable, but I would have say that none of the 3 would ever fall below the 5th spot. From there it would be a matter of population/economy/land mass dynamics.

The U.S. being a 3rd world country? I would have to also question that. Thinking like a pessimist I would dare say that at worst we *might* degenerate into a 2nd world country if a nuclear holocaust were to happen, other than that, it's seems unlikely.

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Here is my top 5 with the reasons I put them there.

1. China 1. USA
China and the US will be about tied by 2030 because Chinas population is aging rapidly, and by 2030 China will be leaner and meaner Economically, Politically, and Militarily. I see the USA still having a significant edge technology wise but China will catch up there as well eventually. Every great Empire must fall eventually and the beggining could happen in the next 2 decades. How long the fall will last is another question.

2. EU
Well this is fairly obvious one.

3. India
YES India. Even though Indias population is still growing unchecked there economic development though slower than Chinas is still going along nicely. I see great things in Indias future if they can ever come to terms with Pakistan.

4. Russia
Russia will be a world player for decades to comes, maybe centuries. Who knows. I see putins efforts to bring order to the Russian economy bearing fruit around this time as well.

5. Well this one is much harder, It really all depends on what happens in the Mid-East with the War on Terror. I'll give a few guesses.

a. Isreal
Assuming the US is still giving them money.

b. Japan
They could amass a large robotic army by 2030

c. Indonesia dunno why they got alot of people though.

d. A Middle-Eastern Coalition comprising of pretty much the entire Mid-East

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 03:59 AM
link   
top countries eh.... oooh, canada!

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by deafence#

I thought that Canada was the 53rd state behind DC and Puerto Rico..... wait, sorry 54 behind Guam too

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

Originally posted by deafence#

I thought that Canada was the 53rd state behind DC and Puerto Rico..... wait, sorry 54 behind Guam too

Yeah I know it's pathetic. The quality of our individual people in the Armed Forced is faily high(esp. our Snipers). Canada was at one time at the Top of the Aviation World when they succesfully test flew the Avro Arrow. But alas our Stupid politians that were elected in scrapped the program because of US pressure...... Who was the moron that canceled the Avro anyway?

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 04:43 AM
link   
I once learned that Indias population kinda reached the maximum and won't become any larger now. They become more western and this will turn down the birth rate.

Anyway. Predictions here tell a different story:

news.bbc.co.uk...

- very interesting is the fact that Nigeria would reach 300 million inhabitants. With what food?

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Who was the moron that canceled the Avro anyway?

that would be Diefenbaker and his cabinet if im not mistaken.. there are also hints of convtroversy regarding the US aerospace being somewhat involved in its dismissal. so basically some yanks thought we may have actually outshowed them in the air, military wise. some also think its good, and that we may have used them to bomb vietnam. so thats another view. i aint makin fun of us canadians... well... kinda, but what else can you expect?

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
Canada was at one time at the Top of the Aviation World when they succesfully test flew the Avro Arrow. But alas our Stupid politians that were elected in scrapped the program because of US pressure...... Who was the moron that canceled the Avro anyway?

Well you're not the only one to have been screwed by the American goverment and because of their inferior weaponry. The only way not to is to keep your military programs as far away as possible from them and develop them in total secrecy.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hyperen

Canada was at one time at the Top of the Aviation World when they succesfully test flew the Avro Arrow. But alas our Stupid politians that were elected in scrapped the program because of US pressure...... Who was the moron that canceled the Avro anyway?

Well you're not the only one to have been screwed by the American goverment and because of their inferior weaponry. The only way not to is to keep your military programs as far away as possible from them and develop them in total secrecy.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm sorry but in this I'm not blaming the american gov't because they were and always are looking out for there self interest whatever that may be. I'm more pissed at the people who bowed down to pressure from the US they had no backbone.

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 05:22 AM
link   

I'm sorry but in this I'm not blaming the american gov't because they were and always are looking out for there self interest whatever that may be. I'm more pissed at the people who bowed down to pressure from the US they had no backbone.

Aww. You Canadians are all too nice.

I too am angry at the people in my country that let the Americans get away with what they do. OK, the Americans may be looking out for their own interests but most other countries don't go round making other countries cancel good projects.

[edit on 22/8/04 by Hyperen]

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 05:43 AM
link   
The Avro Arrow was an amazing aircraft and damn those pushy Americans and those politicians for making them cancel it!!!!!

If it went into service, IMO it would of been the greatest most beautiful jet to grace an air force.

Even better looking than the mig-25

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 05:59 AM
link   
As a U.S. citizen I cannot understand why our country would put pressure against something like this, when it could be in mutual interest to trade for some of our tech in return. Perhaps if there was a regime change here, then the idea of production and trade won't be moot.

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

Originally posted by astroblade

Well, lets face it Florida is kind of third world country

Actually I would drop Israel from the list. India too. The main reason is that thier population will have exceeded China's at that point with far less land mass.

Well there's the chance that Israel and India may start expanding due to population problems as was the case with early Rome.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join