It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass brawl at theme park after Muslim women are banned from going on rides unless they remove their

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by verschickter

I agree with what you are saying totaly, the safety of other people should take preference, I am no racist, zenophobe or sectarian but time & time again Muslim women are allowed to wear their hajibs in places where hats, hoods & crash helmets are expected to be taken off. In our country Muslims have baught whole areas making them no go zones for any person of a different religon or colour. When I was younger I ventured into one such area in Bradford & had to leave as fast as I could as the people looked at me asthough I was scum, with a hatred I have never encountered again in any country ! Most Muslim people I have met through work or in a social setting are nice peacefull people though, I think it is again a case of the minority spoiling it for the majority.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
The park has the right to ban any head wear on rides as a safety precaution and if the Muslims that were casuing trouble don't like it.... don't go.

I've had plenty of times where I didn't want to take my hat off to get on a ride because, well.... you just spent all day at the park; sweating, swimming and wearing a hat.... You know what my hair looked like!

Sometimes I didn't care and I would take it off... sometimes I did care, didn't want to take it off so i didn't ride the ride.

If you don't like the policies of a private business, don't go there. If you don't like the laws of the country... go back to where you came from... simple!
edit on 1-9-2011 by zacdam because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by fooks

Saw two nuns on a coaster at Dorney Park two years ago! They were certainly having fun!!

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
For the park, it's damned if you do, damned if you don't. Either they allow the head scarves (which is dangerous and potentially fatal) until someone dies, then get sued into oblivion, or else ban them and gain the hatred of muslims the world over, and obviously, the violence that goes with thqat kind of notoriety.

I don't envy their position, but I think they did the right thing anyway. It's not safe, and not just for that person, but people around them as well. For that reason, I say, they should not be allowed, and neither should excessively long hair that isn't put into a bun, or big floppy hats, dreadlocks, etc.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Highergrounds

The difference between us and muslims. Is, we will take them to jail for inciting a riot. Or bring up criminal charges. The muslims, will suicide bomb us and our children. And methodically plan and plot the killings. For something, as frivolous as headscarves. No, it hasn't happened yet! But it is still early. If they, tell most to take off baseball caps and such, We would happily oblige and not start a brawl.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Wow. So I followed the link and listened to the news broadcast. They didn't even show which rides they were referring to. Nice job news! No wonder they suck at covering UFOs....they can't even ask basic questions to paint the picture.

Now park policy is park policy. So these muslim ladies were out of hand and in the wrong.

However, it's no surprise that the police use excessive force every single bleeping time. I mean if I'm trying to restrain a 5'3" girl, I'm going to go about it differently than a man who looks much fitter, bigger, or stronger than myself. That's when you tell your cop buddy "you hit him high and I'll go low." Then you go all out.

Throwing some girls and scrawny 18 year old guys to the ground and striking them repeatedly is typical police (way overpowered) response.

I think our space family is probably just shaking their heads at our collective behavior.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I couldn't imagine fulfilling my dream and moving to Germany or Switzerland and instead of being grateful and feeling blessed, I feel I should have special rights and be entitled to everything that the natives have. We have many races coming to the USA that feel just that way. We are so P.C. and all round pussies, we nurture and protect that "right" for them....
I say let them wear their damn scarves and get beheaded on the rides!

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

So much for being a religion of peace. Rules are rules and your "freedom of religion" is not protected by the constitution against private business.

Grow up.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I thought Muslim women (especially the extremist types who wear full body garb) are not allowed to have fun, especially on a Western style ride that has stringent safety rules......

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Religion & Nationality aside I think we can all agree that there is a great probability that these people are a bunch of turds.

If they are turds then it really doesn't matter what race or religion they are.
edit on 1-9-2011 by yaluk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrimePorkchop

So much for being a religion of peace. Rules are rules and your "freedom of religion" is not protected by the constitution against private business.

Grow up.

You can't judge a religion by the actions of a few, but unfortunately it is very common to do so..

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by eNaR
I thought Muslim women (especially the extremist types who wear full body garb) are not allowed to have fun, especially on a Western style ride that has stringent safety rules......

good point!

on one side, theres the conservative, veil-clad religious person.

but they are an amusement park exhibiting pleasure/thrill seeking behavior,

all the while self-righteously poised to throw a tantrum about their rights over safety codes. (what gives?
)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by nusnus

What a load of nonsense!

There are always dress codes on park rides.....it's bloody common sense!

You don't like it, piss off and stop causing trouble because you don't like the policy.

Dress codes on park rides are there for a reason....rules are rules and the owner/contractor of the rides has a responsibility to the safety of all their customers.

Now which part of that don't you understand????

These Muslims were out just to cause trouble.....well, they got it! So stop whining!

I am sick to death of these extremist Muslims always causing trouble where ever they go. Go home!

edit on 1-9-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by nusnus

What a load of nonsense!

There are always dress codes on park rides.....it's bloody common sense!

You don't like it, piss off and stop causing trouble because you don't like the policy.

Dress codes on park rides are there for a reason....rules are rules and the owner/contractor of the rides has a responsibility to the safety of all their customers.

Now which part of that don't you understand????

These Muslims were out just to cause trouble.....well, they got it! So stop whining!

I am sick to death of these extremist Muslims always causing trouble where ever they go. Go home!

edit on 1-9-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

Well said, I to am sick to death of the political correctness . It makes me physically ill these people
come over here to the US and then think we should kiss there hine end....... BS!
This is the United States Of America.Not the united states of islam.
Henry Ford had the right idea.........If you worked for him you had to speak english and read english
or no job.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   

things like this make me mad, i am all for people praticing their religion etc, but if the saftey on a ride states no headwear then why the hell do some people think that rule should not apply to them?

if you don't want to remove your headwear then do not go on the ride, it is that simple. they would soon complain if their headscarf got caught in something and twisted their head and broke their neck or ripped their head off.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
I cant stand people who use religion as an excuse to feel they should have some special treatment sent their way.

In Australia a few years ago a public beach was blocked off by a bunch of muslim men who wouldnt let anyone through so their wives and children could swim without us infidels seeing them.

I remember flying on a plane from France to New York and there was a group of Hasidic Jews on board and when the inflight movie started they got up from their seats and pulled out their Bibles and started shouting stuff. The staff asked them politely to sit back down. Once they sat down and the stewardesses left they got right up again and started screaming.
I did not appreciate that and lost a lot of respect for them.
...not to mention the movie sucked anyway so they really didn't need to get up in the first place.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by fooks
isn't riding roller coasters against islam anyway?

I think it says in the Quran that during Eid you have to ride the tilt-a-whirl while eating a funnel cake. Naturally you have to wear your headscarf.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
i'll put it simply:

if they didnt like the scarf rule, and demanded their money back, they should've had that $$ handed back with no problems(from the workers). let them(those party with the hijab wearers) talk crazy, but dont[employees] join them(in the crazy talk) and watch them leave. then go on making more $$ from the remainder of the park goers.

i didnt read the article.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join