It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass brawl at theme park after Muslim women are banned from going on rides unless they remove their

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by curious7

Reminds me of the story of the Newfoundlander who, upon being given what he considered an unjust speeding ticket by a turban wearing Sikh Mountie, shouted out as he drove away, "Lard tundrin' Jayzus!! I hope your head never heals!"

The amusement park authorities probably had the best interests of the women at heart. The following is a cautionary tale taken from the pages of the history of scarf related deaths.

edit on 1-9-2011 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by smarterthanyou
None of you police-state lovers have explained how or why a SCARF would cause any danger to anybody, whatsover. The very unlikely scenario that it got sucked into a wheel or something is the only thing I can think of. But as far as endangering the passengers, whats it gonna do flap in their face and make them have a heart attack? This is America ffs people do what they want if it isn't blatantly putting others in danger and I don't see how a scarf does that, its not like you are super glueing quarters to the roller coaster tracks.

edit: I guess its a possibility, albeit a slim one. The wheels should have some sort of cover over them to prevent birds and stuff duplicating this kind of thing. If Fabio can get hit by a bird in the Nose then whose to say a bird cant fly in the wheels. There should be safeguards in place, as for the chain that pulls the roller coaster up to the top, thats a different story.
edit on 9/1/2011 by smarterthanyou because: (no reason given)

Yeah whatever man, i generally discourage hating on people who skip to the last page but damn, i read every page, there are about 3 explanations on each page. L2 Read.

So pretty much your saying, i can go into your house and wreck it all up? Then call you a police state lover for trying to sue me for breaking your rules?

Whatever, your a barking down the wrong tree sir and i suggest you get a grip!

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Are they vampires that cant go with out protection for 60 seconds?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by fooks
isn't riding roller coasters against islam anyway?

being at the theme park has to be a violation, at least!

when was the last time you saw nuns on one?

Surprisingly there are theme parks in some muslim countries, such as Tunisia, but then they are on the more democratic side anyway and not all women there wear the hijab either.
I'm inclined to think that there is some activism going on in this case, perhaps on both sides of the issue. One can easily see how a head scarf can come flying off the head with winds whipping up. Goodness knows it's hard to keep one on in ordinary conditions.
And park rangers were injured in the scuffle as well.

I believe a lot of this is activism. We really never saw this kind of stuff so much till a certain you know who get elected. Truly, I have seen a lot bolder activites since 08, as if somehow it were all orchestrated.

By the way, women can take their hijab off. It is their personal decision(except perhaps in Iran where women mayh be ostracized for removing it).
These women could have taken them off to go on the rides, but they decided to hold their ground for religious purposes.
edit on 1-9-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by 23refugee

Originally posted by LadySkadi
And yet another "conspiracy spin" layer...

Were Muslim agent provocateurs involved?

Could be.
www.lohud.com...

Yep, anyone can take advantage of American Bill of Rights to promote an agenda. There was also the case of a woman suing Disneyland to allow her to wear her scarf(even though every other employee of Disney must comply with their rules), so they feel they are an exception to all our rules.

The Soros machine defends this kind of stuff for the express purpose of undermining American culture and creating destabilization.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I would like to point out something for those on this thread that feel the park attendees had some "right" to ignore posted park policy.

If the park had allowed the Muslims to keep their prohibited items on then we would have a case of discrimination. You would have one group getting specialized treatment not available to the entirety of the park's attendees; in other words you would have a discrimination case.

Asking everyone to obey the same rules and regulations is not discrimination. Allowing certain people to ignore the rules that everyone else must follow would be discrimination.

Also, please not that Muslim is not a race. Cries of "racism" are really not applicable in this case unless you hold a rather racist viewpoint that all Muslims are of one particular race.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Wow another hate inducing thread Congratulations on spreading the hate and fueling the fires of intolerance.

It only takes a few buzz words for all the Sad man trolls to hop on the hate roller coaster.

First and foremost these are human beings. My friend was threatened with park eviction for hugging her boyfriend at the pool the other day. Who knows what caused the violence to break out no armchair critics on this thread were there to corroborate the circumstances so why not turn the hate dial down for today and focus on the positives. I guaranteed you will feel better.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shirak
Wow another hate inducing thread Congratulations on spreading the hate and fueling the fires of intolerance.

It only takes a few buzz words for all the Sad man trolls to hop on the hate roller coaster.

First and foremost these are human beings. My friend was threatened with park eviction for hugging her boyfriend at the pool the other day. Who knows what caused the violence to break out no armchair critics on this thread were there to corroborate the circumstances so why not turn the hate dial down for today and focus on the positives. I guaranteed you will feel better.

that sounds like a public display rule. While I do not like to see Totalitarian rules being enacted everywhere, some people take advantage of parks to display their ummm affections. Personally, I've never heard of not being allowed to hug someone poolside, but then again I wasn't there.

By the way, as far as hate-inducing threads are concerned, it is completely naive not to see how certain people use the liberal mindset to push an agenda. When it comes to display of Christian tradition why must we eliminate the Ten Commandments but headscarves should be allowed to break rules? Please explain to me why one religion should be protected over another? Liberals hate Christians but protect the rights of other religious groups. One has to wonder why.

The liberal sense of justice is based on social engineering and not on the rule of law or even a fair system. It's what they want when they want it and for whatever reason they want.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by nusnus
For a Muslim woman who is used to being covered, removing the headscarf is exactly the same as removing your underwear.

The park people could have asked them to tie the lose ends of their scarfs to their necks or something, for safety's sake.

But nowadays people just chose the wrong things to say and do, this probably goes for the Muslims as well.

Lack of tact is what I call it.

Edit: this comes from a Muslim woman who had to remove her headscarf in college in Turkey because the government thought it was against their idea of 'secularism'. Does anyone remember that?
edit on 1-9-2011 by nusnus because: (no reason given)

The Ride Operator said the scarves could fly off and become entangled on the tracks. That could cause the whole "car" to crash.

It's one thing to endanger yourself, but to endanger everyone else for one's own purpose is more than "not tactful".
It's self indulgent and selfish. If they didn't have the good sense to figure out the safety issues involved, it's a good thing there was someone there to stop them.

edit on 9/1/2011 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Muslims - religious group.
Asians - racial group.
There is however obviously a huge overlap. As Asians who are Muslim expand into the West expect more of these theme park events.
It is Karma for the Western colonialisation of India and Pakistan centuries ago. Enjoy.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Just going by safety concerns either take it off and if that is not possible don't ride. During the late 80's a guy on a roller coaster nearby (theme park) took off his shirt and stuck it under his hat (80's T-shirt mullet) where the tail was flapping out. Well when the roller coaster went into reverse his shirt got caught in on the side of the tracks at the end (U Shaped Coaster) and decapitated him. This also caused a partial derailment of the train which seriously injured about 12 people when the train locked down tight like slamming on the brakes.

This theme park does not allow anything to be taken on rides anymore. No shirts around waists, no cameras, no jackets, no hats, no toys, backpacks or anything else. The old coaster had to be dismantled after this incident.

edit on 1/9/11 by toochaos4u because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/9/11 by toochaos4u because: oops

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
This is just silly, why don't they just go somewhere they do not need to put others in danger for their religion.
off topic but how come many Muslims do not know their prophet Muhammed married a six yr old Aisha when he was in his 50's and consummated when she was nine? I tried to ask a muslim friend but she had never even heard oh her

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by toochaos4u
Just going by safety concerns either take it off and if that is not possible don't ride. During the late 80's a guy on a roller coaster nearby (theme park) took off his shirt and stuck it under his hat (80's T-shirt mullet) where the tail was flapping out. Well when the roller coaster went into reverse his shirt got caught in on the side of the tracks at the end (U Shaped Coaster) and decapitated him. This also caused a partial derailment of the train which seriously injured about 12 people when the train locked down tight like slamming on the brakes.

This theme park does not allow anything to be taken on rides anymore. No shirts around waists, no cameras, no jackets, no hats, no toys, backpacks or anything else. The old coaster had to be dismantled after this incident.

edit on 1/9/11 by toochaos4u because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/9/11 by toochaos4u because: oops

Yes, people can really die in these circumstances.
If you drive a forklift you have to be certified.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Those scarf covered women should take a cue from actress Isadora Duncan

On September 14 1927, her fondness for scarves came to a tragic end when her scarf entangled with the car's wheel and her neck was broken.

This is why bakers don't wear long sleeved shirts because the sleeves can get caught in a mixer.

This is common sense, and the park was right for refusing to allow those improperly dressed to ride. If one was injured or died, I'm sure they or their family would gladly sue the park.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Seriously, what are you muslim folk hiding under those scarves? Explosive toothpaste? You don't see jews or christian women running around with anything to hide, our faces are open for the world to see. You think God cant see you under that scarf? He has x-ray vision!

Besides, if that scarf comes loose and gets wrapped around a beam its going to pull your head right off and get blood all over everyone and we don't know what kind of pathogens you might have. There is a huge scare in the U.S. about HIV and other bloodborne pathogens so for your safety and our comfort, take off the head scarfs. Yeah head scarfs in a rollar coaster, not a real good idea.
edit on 1-9-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Article says they were told many times before going that this would happen.

Looks like they purposely ignored it to create a fiasco at the scene?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
This is a cut and dry case really...

Originally posted by Muckster
Muslim is NOT a race

Originally posted by Muckster
Let’s say that there was a couple of rough white family’s at the funfair. They are asked to remove their hats, for safety reasons, and an argument and brawl ensues.

White is not a religion.....

2 questions.

1. How does your own medicine taste?
2. Are your constant contradictions of self a direct result of your uber sympathy and over meddling?

you talk too much...

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

It really is a religious thing relating to protecting both sexes from unmodest exploitation. The rules can be bent though to some degree.Well, maybe it's not entirely religious, I'm inclined to think it's partly culture too.

Detailed scholarly attention has been focused on prescribing female dress. Many Muslims believe that the basic requirements are that when in the presence of someone of the opposite sex (other than a close family member (those which are within the prohibited degrees of marriage) – see mahram), a woman should cover her body, and walk and dress in a way which does not draw sexual attention to her. Some believers go so far as to specify exactly which areas of the body must be covered.

en.wikipedia.org...
Now, that being said, I recently saw a woman with the hijab in a shopping mall, and she was wearing a leopard print, and very slick sexy high heeled shoes. She was definitely pushing the limit. Reminds me of the Sex In The City movie where they went to Saudi Arabia and found the women wearing expensive fashionwear under their robes.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I used to work at a factory. They had specific requirements on how one dresses for safety reasons.

One woman was wearing bell bottom pants(which were forbidden in the factory). The loose part of the pants got caught in the machinery and spun her leg in circles several times before the machine stopped. She lost her leg.

That's the purpose of safety requirements for dress. They apply to all people regardless of your religion. If you can't understand that, then you're stupid.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
If ANYONE has read the article carefully, the MUSLIMS did not argue with park attendants.

They started arguing amongst themselves after they got in line to get their refunds.

It probably went like this:

Man to Organizer:"Why didn't you tell us the ladies couldn't ride the roller coasters?!?"

Organizer: "Err...I might or I might not have, I didn't think it was THAT Serious"

Man: "Are you kidding me?!"

-boot to the head-

------------------

At that point the park called in the police and SOMEHOW...things got nasty afterwards. But if there is ANY suspicion that the police beat the crap out of the women, I would have someone investigate this.

Oh, and to all the haters: THEY WERE LEAVING! But they epic failed -.-

As irked families started lining up for refunds at the gate at around 2:30 p.m. after being informed of the policy, they started fighting among themselves, said county parks Deputy Commissioner Peter Tartaglia.

Read more: www.nypost.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join