It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass brawl at theme park after Muslim women are banned from going on rides unless they remove their

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Did ANYONE read this post by sherlock holmes? I thought I would emphasize it since for two pages after it, all I see is asinine posts that do not address the real issues.

1. They were not aware of the scarf rule
2. They ASKED FOR A REFUND AND THE ATTENDANT REFUSED
3. The police were a###h#### first, if the poor women shoved to the ground had been white or even african american there'd be a ton of posts rising to her defense!!

Instead of engaging in a healthy debate over police conduct, religous freedom and fun park rules (refund policy), you people have decided to use this opportunity to spew biggoted asinine hate! Well done, you are really doing ATS proud, way to get guests to become members guys! Oh and way to get ATS targetted as a hotbed for hate speech too! Whats a bet if our governments do start targetting websites and shutting them down, ATS will be first in the firing line, not because of the conspiracies but because of the hate (and not just against muslims either)

Sherlocks post:

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes
However, the main issue is the allegations of police brutality, an issue which would normally draw the resident ATS cop-bashers in to a thread like a moth to a flame. Sadly, and rather unsurprisingly, the general response to this thread so far has generally been a slew of broad-brushed vitriol aimed towards Muslims in general, rather than any consideration that there may have been heavy-handed policing which led to, or contributed to, the fracas.

I guess that allegations of police brutality are ignored here when the accusers are Muslims.

One woman in the article says that they were unaware of the headscarf rule and the argument ensued after they requested a refund. Another member of their group then says that the incident started when police threw a woman to the ground and handcuffed her. When her male cousin came to intervene because of her heavy-handed treatment, it is alleged that he was beaten and arrested by police.

Now, obviously that is eyewitness testimony from members of the party who felt aggrieved by their treatment, so you always have to take the word of people involved in an incident with a pinch of salt, but there's certainly enough doubt and ambiguity to the story which should prohibit most even-minded people from making any rash judgement about this brawl before the full, impartial facts of the incident are known.

Then again, the people making the complaint are Muslims, so it must be their fault, and their religion must also be to blame for their actions. Silly me. Sorry, carry on with the bashing, people...

edit on 1-9-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
Yeah I know I'd feel a lot safer if I could see the face of someone riding in the cart in front of me on the Flume.

I'd also feel safer with some kind of implant in my arm, perhaps with a GPS locator and all my records and bank account information, just in case I'm in an emergency.

Ignorance is bliss huh?
Did rou read the post at least?

On topic: well done, nothing more to say.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I'll reply to original post.
They shouldn't have to take off their face masks, Just because they are muslim does that make it alright? Im an Athiest but is it ok for me to wear a ski mask on a rollercoaster?
Hell no!
Muslim/Islam Is Sick, just like all religion!

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
The treated like animals comment.. I dunno.. I'd have to see how the police treated those people.

Reminds me of when I worked for a guy installing computer networks and security systems for shipping companies. The boss told me If i ever had to, don't be alarmed at the ships of the middle eastern people - he said they don't have toilets - they use the bathroom in the shower and just hose it all down the drain, so he said don't go looking for a bathroom.

Yeah.. true story. Luckily I never had to go on a ship.

If the park had good reasons like safety issues for not letting the ladies ride with head scarves, and they can show that they would ask any American woman to remove such a scarf for safety reasons, then I'd say yeah, they did act like animals so if the shoe fits, wear it.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ipsedixit
reply to post by curious7

Reminds me of the story of the Newfoundlander who, upon being given what he considered an unjust speeding ticket by a turban wearing Sikh Mountie, shouted out as he drove away, "Lard tundrin' Jayzus!! I hope your head never heals!"

The amusement park authorities probably had the best interests of the women at heart. The following is a cautionary tale taken from the pages of the history of scarf related deaths.

edit on 1-9-2011 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

star for finding that for me!

been thinking about her the whole thread.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Common Scarecrow

Originally posted by LadySkadi
reply to post by Common Scarecrow

The insurance companies will care.
The park will care.
The judge and jury will care.

How about joining the real world?
Lots of money to be made of companies that don't think ahead.

Did you not read the very first line of what I wrote?

Signed waiver = released from responsibility.

that won't work,

the insurance co won't honor that.

even if the insurance co had the wavier, the park could still be held responsible for damages.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by nusnus
Also, I find the article the OP posted a bit misleading actually.

it makes you feel like they argued with the park attendees, when in fact they didn't. They were arguing amongst themselves until a fight broke out.

heh

a fight between whom?

and why?

explain!

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by zacdam
reply to post by fooks

Saw two nuns on a coaster at Dorney Park two years ago! They were certainly having fun!!

nuns are cool,

heavy cross to bear tho, no pun intended?

were they wearing their habits?

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hr2burn
I couldn't imagine fulfilling my dream and moving to Germany or Switzerland and instead of being grateful and feeling blessed, I feel I should have special rights and be entitled to everything that the natives have. We have many races coming to the USA that feel just that way. We are so P.C. and all round pussies, we nurture and protect that "right" for them....
I say let them wear their damn scarves and get beheaded on the rides!

call it the head cutter or the guillotine!

every other run!

use the same cars for that ride and leave all the blood and guts for the next people.

charge more!!

lol!!

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Alienmojo

LOL that sounds like an interesting flight

Do you know what they were screaming about? was it a religious thing?

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
A good way to solve this problem is to send all their sorry asses back to where they came from. We are overpopulated as it is in America so why do we need/want them here. They come here and expect everyone to make "exceptions" to our laws and rules so as far as I'm concerned they are no good for our country.

If they want to wear a towel on their head then they can go back to their country where that is an accepted part of their culture.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nucleardiver
If they want to wear a towel on their head then they can go back to their country where that is an accepted part of their culture.

You, sir (used loosely) come across as an ignorant redneck and do your country no favours in propagating this perception.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Okay, here I am again saying that muslims belong in muslim countries.

How dare you, a muslim, emigrate to a foreign country kind enough to give you a home, and flout their laws?

I have so had it with muslims moving into foreign countries and causing trouble.

Muslims, stay in your own muslim countries.

And guess what, non-muslims will also stay in their own countries.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by BeyondPerception
"Loose articles and personal possessions such as electronic devices, keys, hats, glasses, backpacks, purses and stuffed animals should be left at home, kept in a locker or left with a non-rider while at the Park or on rides. Lockers are provided for a fee, and some rides provide shared bins. All items and clothing must be appropriately secured while on a ride; some smaller items can be stored/secured in cargo pockets or waist pouches. Hats must be secured, and jackets/sweaters must be worn properly and not around the waist while on a ride. Some rides do not allow backpacks, purses or head gear of any kind."

www.ryeplayland.org...

End of story..

Some parks allow hats, sunglasses, and other loose articles, this one obviously doesn't. Get over it.

Can't argue with a sign that informs the public of it's safety rules and the above is very clear on that.
There is a "Duty of Care" factor also where the company is liable should an accident occur through negligence. ALL people should be aware of this "Duty of Care", regardless of religion.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

Well I’ve been away a day and this thread is still spiralling down the path of ignorance into the bigoted abyss...

Okay, here I am again saying that muslims belong in muslim countries.

How dare you, a muslim, emigrate to a foreign country kind enough to give you a home, and flout their laws?

I have so had it with muslims moving into foreign countries and causing trouble.

Really??

So by this logic what would you consider America? Obviously not Muslim; maybe you consider it a Christian country. So... Maybe you should send all the Atheists to China, and the Hindus to India, Jews to Israel, Buddhists to Tibet etc... Only question is... What do you do with all the Agnostics

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Muckster

What I am saying is that if you move to another country you have no right to dictate to that country.

And you should be grateful that that country lets you live there.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rhebefree

Did ANYONE read this post by sherlock holmes? I thought I would emphasize it since for two pages after it, all I see is asinine posts that do not address the real issues.

1. They were not aware of the scarf rule
2. They ASKED FOR A REFUND AND THE ATTENDANT REFUSED
3. The police were a###h#### first, if the poor women shoved to the ground had been white or even african american there'd be a ton of posts rising to her defense!!

~snip~

1. So they say.

2. Of course! Otherwise what's to stop someone in any type of headgear from playing all day in the park, going to the "forbidden" ride at the end of the day, causing a scene, and getting a refund because "they were not aware of the scarf rule", which is probably clearly posted in more than one place.

3. Police can be power tripping dicks, I thought we all knew that. They tend to meet any force or aggression with the same, PLUS some. They are not trained very well in the de-escalate department these days, or so it seems to me. We can probably thank the DHS for that.

I have to wonder about the other 99.5% of Muslims that were in attendance that day (remember, there's 3000 of them in a tour group at the park) did they have fun? Cause a ruckus?

It's not a "Muslim" thing, everybody, it's a "jerk" thing, and it looks like there were no shortages of them on either side that day.

The harshness of many of the posts in this thread (again, both sides) troubles me a bit.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknowsplusone
reply to post by Muckster

What I am saying is that if you move to another country you have no right to dictate to that country.

And you should be grateful that that country lets you live there.

Well i agree with that, we should all respect other peoples countries that are kind enough to let us in. However, you also said...

This i dont agree with. You are singling out one group of people for persicution. I know lots of Muslim people are they are NOT the stereotype that most people think.

Since 911 the media has realised that any negative story, regarding Muslims, appeal to the dumb masses who want a bogey man. And so every minor incident involving Muslims is reported and blown out of proportion. And the masses get angrier, and waggle their tongues while wiggling their fingers, and the media realises this and so prints more story’s. And on and on the circle of hate goes, but each time it goes around the intensity increases.

It’s happened before in history, a group of people singled out for the worlds woes, that time it took a thousand years for the ferocity of the hatred to lead to genocide.... I fear that this time, thanks to an explosion in information services, it may only take a few years.

To all of you people who read these stories’s and get angry, put down you papers, close your web browser, switch off your TV's and go out into the world and meet some real Muslims. Maybe take a vacation in Morocco, maybe just visit a local mosque. You will find that Muslims do not have cloaks and sneak around in dark alleys, they are just like you. They love their children, love their neighbours and want a peaceful life. And just like you, some members of their communities are idiots.

Peace

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by sempul

Originally posted by Muckster
reply to post by thedeadlyrhythm

im not sure how much ignorance there really is in this thread considering 2 security guards ended up in the hospital. then the muslim patrons claimed 'police brutality'. id say that tidbit of info says quite a bit.

OK... Let’s give a hypothetical situation...

Let’s say that there was a couple of rough white family’s at the funfair. They are asked to remove their hats, for safety reasons, and an argument and brawl ensues.

Outrageous? Yes
Unacceptable? Of course

You then go on ATS to find comments like...

"Those whites should be deported"
"I didn’t think whites were allowed on roller coasters"
"What’s the problem with these dumb white war mongers"

You don’t think that would be ignorant stereotyping???

find me one article that stated this and i will argue the point for you. the fact is this does not happen because white people dont do that. neither do black people for that matter. yes we have some "flash mobs" that are primarly black but im sure there is some white in there also. the fact is you see this everyday with muslims because they feel as though everyone else has to bow to their demands and religion whether you want to or not. it is a messed up situtaion all around and it is a hate filled practice. they may be a religion of love but that is only if you are also a muslim. it is a nature of hate to all others that are "against" you. i cant wait for this to happen in louisiana. but i think it will be a long time coming simply because us "backwoods hicks" wont put up with this mess!

I cannot find an article that matches this exact story, but involving different race or religion, the same as i couldn’t find the exact same story involving other Muslims. I was giving a hypothetical example to try and highlight the stupidity of stereotyping.

However...

www.newquayvoice.co.uk...

This is a story from Britain... Teenagers go on a rampage at a funfair starting fights and trespassing on local farmers land. The parents of these teenagers made excuses ranging from "the police were victimising them because they are young" to "It wasn’t as bad as people made it out to be"

Guess what... it only made the local newspapers and no one wanted to deport the youth involved.

www.southendstandard.co.uk...

Two kids robbed at gunpoint at funfair. The robbers are not thought to be Muslim. Made the local news.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Fight brakes out between kids at funfair, police helicopter, vans and dogs called in. No mention of the kid’s religion or ethnic background so i guess we can assume they are mainly white and not Muslims. Makes the national news.

www.hexhamcourant.co.uk...

Mass fighting breaks out forcing funfair to be shut down. Police woman assaulted and injured and a fairground employee had bricks thrown through his car window and the car was kicked in. Makes the local news.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Brawl at funfair involving Muslims, two security guards injured. International news and thread on ATS.

Can you not see the discrepancy here?!?!

Can no one see this???

edit on 2-9-2011 by Muckster because: grammar

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

I'll tell you whats ignorant......

rednecks don't try going on these rides wearing head scarves, Muslims do

I'm assuming you're either Muslim or their greatest left wing liberal supporter

Get some common sense will ya!

Those Muslim head scarves are DANGEROUS on certain rides.....READ the bloody article and listen to the video clearly, you might learn something!!!

No, i'll tell you what’s ignorant...

Not reading what i have written before commenting.

I have already stated, TWICE, that if what the paper reported was the true version of events then the people involved in this disturbance deserve to be arrested. What I am continuing to argue against is this tirade of hatred aimed at ALL Muslims. You CANNOT blame the many because of the actions of a few.

With regards to me being "either Muslim or their greatest left wing liberal supporter"

Well that would be nice for you wouldn’t it... simply sticking me in a pigeon hole so that you can, once again, point the finger of blame at a certain group.

I am a proud Christian. I do not shove my beliefs down the throats of others and i do defend those who i fell are being unfairly treated.

Left wing, Right Wing, Conservative, Liberal... I belong to no one group and never will. I follow my own path and do not need the moronic brainwashing that goes on with either side. There are some things I could be considered conservative with... and some thing I could be considered Liberal with. You need to stop looking at the world in Black and White and realise that there are shades of grey in between.

Life is just not that simplistic!

Peace

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join