It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hell Experiencer: The Stench of Hell Could Kill You, If You Smelled It In This Life

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by XplanetX

You wrote:

["You refer to Paulus like he is an evil dictator and the only man making any significant commentary on the scriptures, he wrote many letters but he was not the only one."]

I referred to him as a liar. That the direction he started later got political support, moves it into the area of 'dictatorship', but has nothing to do with the person. There are many liars, scammers and self-deluded fanatics whose ideas never get any attention. So 'dictator' is just semantics and of little interest to me.

Quote: ["Would an evil dictator write the following?"....

....referring to some sugarcoated cherry-pickings following in your post. Yes 'dictators' would do that and do it all the time.

Quote: ["Paul certainly did some shocking things before he converted and became a follower of Christ, but his life after his conversion was anything but evil."]

According to a set of premises only allowing this conclusion. The great christian circle-argument hoax once more. From the outside of the self-contained pauline system, the bible-character Paulus has most of the signs of a sociopath. Possibly even some borderline syndrome, considering his paranoia/megalomania attitudes and ideology (amongst which 'hell' is a prominent feature).

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Originally posted by Mividau
I dont believe in useing scape goat demons or anything like that. We are master's of our own bodies. And create to the will of our own imaginations. Which by the fruits of this world is pretty twisted and sadistic. Hell on earth is man abideing to his own will. Which according to biblical princables is the god of this world. Our own lusts rule us.

If there is a hell thats fine. But that wasnt the gospel Jesus commanded that we witness to. The hell fire gospel is the equalavent to putting a gun to you're head and saying love me or else. Does anyone who wants true love want it that way.

Jesus stated he will knock on you're door. He did not say he was gonna blow it down with a bazooka and hold you hostage untill you submit to his will. He taught the true gospel by his actions. Not say love and then threated with fire.

Come on compare what is being taught to what the truth of what Jesus is. I apologize I dont hold the same views as yall do. Thats just my simple opinion. Take it or leave it.

LOTZA LUV

Don't believe in demons? Get into paranormal studies, that will change your mind. Try being laughed at, scratched, slapped and have objects thrown at you. Whole new ballgame being on the front lines of the war.
Spend one night in a place reputed to have demons in it, see how long it is before you come running out

Mividay said "using scape goat demons". Why don't you just relate to that instead of going of into a paranormal pro/contra? The 'god'-character Jahveh is a demon, if your mythology is even slightly correct, and I belive that makes the whole subject of 'demons' acceptable for everybody, even at an abstract level.
edit on 2-9-2011 by bogomil because: bad english

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by bogomil

You wrote:

["You refer to Paulus like he is an evil dictator and the only man making any significant commentary on the scriptures, he wrote many letters but he was not the only one."]

I referred to him as a liar. That the direction he started later got political support, moves it into the area of 'dictatorship', but has nothing to do with the person. There are many liars, scammers and self-deluded fanatics whose ideas never get any attention. So 'dictator' is just semantics and of little interest to me.

....referring to some sugarcoated cherry-pickings following in your post. Yes 'dictators' would do that and do it all the time.

Quote: ["Paul certainly did some shocking things before he converted and became a follower of Christ, but his life after his conversion was anything but evil."]

According to a set of premises only allowing this conclusion. The great christian circle-argument hoax once more. From the outside of the self-contained pauline system, the bible-character Paulus has most of the signs of a sociopath. Possibly even some borderline syndrome, considering his paranoia/megalomania attitudes and ideology (amongst which 'hell' is a prominent feature).

What evidence do you have of Paul's lies?

Even without Paul's influence or commentary there are four gospels written by four different authors that have Jesus himself teaching about a place of judgement.

I have already posted many of the relevant verses in this thread.

edit on 2-9-2011 by XplanetX because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
reply to post by arpgme

Thanks for that clarification...I think I have been coming off pretty bad on this thread as most of my arguments have been put forth in a harsh manner - sorry for that.
If God doesn't judge us, what are the standards? How many chances at redemption do we get?

I think these verses sum it up best. These verses hold truth:

Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. (1 John 4:8)
and...
Love keeps no record of wrongs. (1 Cor. 13:5)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by XplanetX

You wrote:

Even without Paul's influence or commentary there are four gospels written by four different authors that have Jesus himself teaching about a place of judgement.

Considering you don't understand what Hell is refering to in your posts.... You've posted no relevent verses in this whole thread...

Post whatever you like that refers to hell, but look at the word hell and its actual meaning in the bible. Yes its a place, but not underground and it has no ruler... It was basically a garbage dump outside of the city...

As for paul, i thought you were a Christian, not a paulian....

edit on 3-9-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

. . .look at the word hell and its actual meaning in the bible.
The word, Hades shows up in the NT ten times.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by Akragon

Yes what is your point... they also use the word Sheol, Tartarus...

Hades is translated as "hidden or unseen" as far as i know... And even Tartarus which is only used once is translated as a temporary place, not eternal as these people claim.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Originally posted by XplanetX

You wrote:

Considering you don't understand what Hell is refering to in your posts.... You've posted no relevent verses in this whole thread...

Post whatever you like that refers to hell, but look at the word hell and its actual meaning in the bible. Yes its a place, but not underground and it has no ruler... It was basically a garbage dump outside of the city...

As for paul, i thought you were a Christian, not a paulian....

edit on 3-9-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

He used that 'garbage dump' to describe the pace of judgement after death.

The most obvious case for a place of judgement after death is the following passage (taught by Jesus himself):

LK 16:19 "There was a rich man who was dressed in purple and fine linen and lived in luxury every day. At his gate was laid a beggar named Lazarus, covered with sores and longing to eat what fell from the rich man's table. Even the dogs came and licked his sores.

LK 16:22 "The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham's side. The rich man also died and was buried. In hell, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side. So he called to him, `Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.'

LK 16:25 "But Abraham replied, `Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, while Lazarus received bad things, but now he is comforted here and you are in agony. And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been fixed, so that those who want to go from here to you cannot, nor can anyone cross over from there to us.'
LK 16:27 "He answered, `Then I beg you, father, send Lazarus to my father's house, for I have five brothers. Let him warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.'
LK 16:29 "Abraham replied, `They have Moses and the Prophets; let them listen to them.'
LK 16:30 " `No, father Abraham,' he said, `but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent.'
LK 16:31 "He said to him, `If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.' "

I do not follow Paul, I do not follow any man.

I follow Christ:

1CO 1:10 I appeal to you, brothers, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another so that there may be no divisions among you and that you may be perfectly united in mind and thought. My brothers, some from Chloe's household have informed me that there are quarrels among you. What I mean is this: One of you says, "I follow Paul"; another, "I follow Apollos"; another, "I follow Cephas"; still another, "I follow Christ."

1CO 1:13 Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Were you baptized into the name of Paul? I am thankful that I did not baptize any of you except Crispus and Gaius, so no one can say that you were baptized into my name.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

Yes what is your point... they also use the word Sheol, Tartarus...

Hades is translated as "hidden or unseen" as far as i know... And even Tartarus which is only used once is translated as a temporary place, not eternal as these people claim.

Yes, Tartarus is only a temporary place where fallen angels are held for final judgement. This is also verified in the Book of Enoch.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

I would argue that, you quote paul more then you do Jesus... thats quite evident.

Follow who ever you want and claim whatever you want... your posts clarify your position even if you are unclear of that position.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

. . .not eternal as these people claim.

I would not make such a claim.
Hades would be a place where souls go when people die.
I've been there so I know what it is like. Just a place to hang out.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

. . .not eternal as these people claim.

I would not make such a claim.
Hades would be a place where souls go when people die.
I've been there so I know what it is like. Just a place to hang out.

Unfortunatly i can't say you haven't been there so i wouldn't know...

regardless my quarel isn't with you anyways... i have issues with those who claim to understand the bible yet still condem others that don't agree with their position.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I'm not involved in whatever dispute is going on here, on this thread.
To me, the thing is pretty simple, but maybe that is just me.
I don't think people should be spending their time worrying about
what will happen to them by not doing the right thing.
They should be thinking about how they can do the right thing,
then maybe they can think about a better place.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

I would argue that, you quote paul more then you do Jesus... thats quite evident.

Follow who ever you want and claim whatever you want... your posts clarify your position even if you are unclear of that position.

I agree with Paul's commentary on the scriptures, this does not mean that I follow Paul rather than Jesus. All of Paul's commentary points to Jesus rather than away from Jesus.

I agree and disagree with a lot of different people, this does not infer that I follow all of the people that I agree with.

I only follow Christ.
edit on 3-9-2011 by XplanetX because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join