It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Do WE Take Back Our Lives and World?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by brindle
Thats why they are letting all the illegal immigrants in the country,so they can take all their money too.They are even going to change the american national language to spanish soon.Why dont they just do it already,we all know its coming.

that's part of the problem of why I'm out of work. Don't let the politicians fool you into believing that its because Americans won't do those jobs. I'm in construction and they want me to work for illegal immigrant wages which don't compete with the economy.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
My idea is to follow the roadmap that M. Night Shyamalan gave us when he wrote "The Village". Well, granted, except for the blind girl just kind of randomly sent to venture miles and miles of woods alone.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Revealation

Thats why they are letting all the illegal immigrants in the country,so they can take all their money too.They are even going to change the american national language to spanish soon.Why dont they just do it already,we all know its coming.

that's part of the problem of why I'm out of work. Don't let the politicians fool you into believing that its because Americans won't do those jobs. I'm in construction and they want me to work for illegal immigrant wages which don't compete with the economy.
Right, why take money from 300 million people when you can import another couple hundred million mexicans and have their money too.Oh, and send that memo out to the banks and major retailers to revamp their phone sytems so that the illegal immigrants can speak spanish.What kind of bull# is this?
edit on 31-8-2011 by brindle because: mistake

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnIntellectualRedneck
My idea is to follow the roadmap that M. Night Shyamalan gave us when he wrote "The Village". Well, granted, except for the blind girl just kind of randomly sent to venture miles and miles of woods alone.

Never Saw it so not sure what you're referring to, so I'll have to check it out.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by brindle

LOL, Let's be politically correct, Illegal immigrants, not Mexicans. They're of all sorts but guess it doesn't matter. Actually our money goes to helping them. Education, hospitals and all types of other programs. Just curious how it works when they aren't prosecuted for their illegal status which is technically a crime.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

reply to post by brindle

LOL, Let's be politically correct, Illegal immigrants, not Mexicans. They're of all sorts but guess it doesn't matter. Actually our money goes to helping them. Education, hospitals and all types of other programs. Just curious how it works when they aren't prosecuted for their illegal status which is technically a crime.
I dont see illegal french and german immigrants running around.Havent seen any illegal swiss immigrants either or any illegal australian immigrants either.So, that was why I say illegal mexican immigrants,its just the truth.Thats why they refused to put up a fence to stop them from coming in to the country.Theres no big mystery here.Its only mexicans who are the illegal immigration here.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

reply to post by brindle

I dont see illegal french and german immigrants running around.Havent seen any illegal swiss immigrants either or any illegal australian immigrants either.So, that was why I say illegal mexican immigrants,its just the truth.Thats why they refused to put up a fence to stop them from coming in to the country.Theres no big mystery here.Its only mexicans who are the illegal immigration here.

Now that I look at it, you're right. Most are from South America, not just mexico though.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

reply to post by brindle

Thats another term invented recently--politically correct.What does that term actually mean?I think it means to not say what you really want to say.Well I dont buy into that term.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

reply to post by brindle

Thats another term invented recently--politically correct.What does that term actually mean?I think it means to not say what you really want to say.Well I dont buy into that term.

It goes back to their deceit and brainwashing program. I definately agree, with your asessment. It takes away our right to say what we want according to their law. Well, we can still say it but will most likely be prosecuted.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I watch the news sometimes in total disbelief.To see the governor of arizona,jan brewer having to argue and sue to get protection against illegal immigration and border security is appalling.I think we can turn the country around with any good president,or even a decent president,or any president.I will settle for al sharpton at this point,gary busey,anybody .

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Revealation

Thanks. The tax thing though? Bothers me because I can't see a way to implement it. The vast majority can't control taxes coming out of their paychecks because their claws go so deep. Also when it comes to sales tax, school tax, property tax you can't not pay. Though I think on a few of these people have actually stopped, but now the reaction/penalty is also becoming swifter than ever.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

We need it just enough to be taken seriously so we can be heard and ammend the millions of useless laws and stautes and fix the out of control stealing.I mean what are they gonna do, keep taking taxes until the split is 95% theirs. It's ridiculous.

I've always lived a comfortable life with all the neccessaties and most of the (wants) theat I desired but now I can't even get the things I need, vital to survive. It's just way out of control and if people don't think it is they're brain dead.

Don't get me wrong, I understand that taxes are needed to maintain our states and towns, but after we give them the money they want, always complain that somehow there's not enough and everything goes up. It's straight BS, and everyone knows it. But why are we left to deal with it. Especially the working class. Why do I need to pay the elite and pay for welfare, yet live like a welfare recipient? If anybody should be living large, it's the people who physicaally bust their balls and kip this rathole running. W/out us it would cease to exist.

Don't get me wrong, I can go post apocalyptic and still live comfortable. Better than most and probably better than I am now.Just fed up with it all.
edit on 31/8/2011 by Revealation because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I am truly sorry for the work you have to go through to just to keep a roof over your head. My family is by no means wealthy, but for the most part we live pretty great lives (I live in Ontario). It is just a matter of time, however, until this economic disaster affects Canada as well, and I do not want to wait for that to happen.

There are 2 possible ways I think we could take back our freedom, and our countries - one of which is peaceful by all means.

I can't remember the story exactly, but it was fairly recent. I think it was a man in India who went on a hunger strike for seven(??) days because he wanted an anti-corruption department put in play on his government.

If 20 - even 10 - people were to go on a hunger strke in front of Washington DC protesting all the illegal wars and irresponsible spending of the taxpayers money, I believe that the MSM would have to report it and it would hopefully capture the attention of the public as quickly as it did in India ( I think thats where it was, India)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by theshepherd2

Thank you for your compassion because to be honest to feel this angry truly bothers me when there's so much more to life. the world we live in is beautiful but it's hard to see when your heads under and all the ugliness being spread by corrupt people.

It will eventualy make its way towards you and I pray it doesn't. Nobody should have to live like a slave. there's nothing wrong with hard work. I love it and proud of what I'm capable of, but not being able to prosper and worrying everyday about every aspect of life isn't living at all.

If everyone sits back and does nothing (which is what will happen) it won't matter anyway because the fact is the way they're running things, we're headed for an imminent collapse anyway. History repeats itself and EVERY great civilization crumbles.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

reply to post by sonofliberty1776

I'm not looking for any way to legally do it, because legallity is just laws imposed by a group of people to control others. Mafia had laws too, does it make it legal?

"Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual."~Thomas Jefferson

The only way that we will ever be able to take our country back and to secure true liberty for ourselves and our children is for people to stop fearing the government. Jefferson said that when the people fear the government there is tyranny, but when the government fears the people there is liberty.

For far too long the people of this nation have been irresponsible of our duty of governing the government and now we are reaping the results of that irresposibility. We The People are the fountains of power that the government derives it's power from. That is how our founders intended our government to be run, it was intended to be regulated by the people. Now we live in a society where the government regulates the people and we must stop this trend of overly intrusive government or we will only continue to see more regulation of our liberties.

There is an old saying that you have to fight fire with fire and this is especially true in our current situation. I am not a college educated person but I am a lover of history and the forming of our nation is my favorite subject. If you read the Federalist Papers you will get a great understanding of just how much our founders feared that this time would eventually come. Our founders where well aware of the dangers that we could face if the people failed to do their duty of staying in constant check of those in government.

"Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories." This is one of my favorite quotes by Jefferson because it tells us that we must always stay diligent in our duties as the regulators of the government. The idea that we can regain control of our government and therefore our country in a peaceful manner is a nobel one, but it will never happen. Our country was not delivered out of tyranny and able to become the great nation it is through pacifist means and it will not be recovered from that same tyranny through pacifist means either.

Sadly I feel that there is no way other than rebellion that will ever be able to allow us to regain control over our nation and our lives unless there is a radical change in our means. If there is one thing that history has taught us it's that regardless of the party affiliation of politicians, and regardless of the promises they make when running for office, they always seem to ignore the will of the people and instead only hold firm to their will once elected. Look at Obama's campaign promises for proof of this, not that I ever believed him or even voted for him for that matter. Another example of this is Scott Brown whom took over Ted Kennedy's senate seat. When Brown was running he ran on a conservative platform only to be a turn-coat as soon as he gained office. There have been exceptions to this, but they are few and far between.

In our Declaration of Independence our founding fathers listed 27 facts of absolute tyranny that had been perpetrated against them by by the King of England. If you look at the actions of our federal government over the last 3 or more decades you will see a very close similarity to many of those 27 facts of tyranny. Our founding fathers tried very hard for a long time to put an end to that tyranny in a peaceful manner, however in the end they were forced to throw off that government and start anew. This is going to be our eventual fate again, we will be forced to follow in the footsteps of our founders and force a change.

The first most important step in taking back control of our nation is to unite as a citizenry. Until we put aside our petty differences and come together not as democrats or republicans, but as Americans, we will be too busy arguing amongst ourselves to ever initiate any kind of change. This is why TPTB are so insistent on continuing to add fuel to the class warfare fire. Another important aspect that needs to change is to stop electing the same elitist members of the same old two parties into office because the Dem's and Repub's are nothing more than two sides of the same coin that share the same core ideals and goals. Think about it, every election cycle we are presented with the same candidates time after time yet each cycle we expect different results.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a] Get out of the conventional workforce.

b] Do a permaculture design course.

c] Use your new knowledge of permaculture to begin growing your own food, and/or look for urban farms within your city that are doing the same, because they can show you how. They're springing up all over the place now.

Also, as part of this point, learn how to build geodesic domes. If you don't have a home, or you know someone else who doesn't, build one of these for them, or teach them how to do it. They're simple, fast, and dirt cheap. You don't need complex materials to insulate it, either.

d] If you have any savings, buy gold, silver, and copper, in that order. Start using that directly as currency, and tell other people to do the same.

e] Get rid of your mobile phone. They cause cancer, they kill animals, and they can be tracked to within 10 meters, anywhere on the planet.

f] If you still want to use a computer, get rid of Windows. Go to www.freebsd.org... download FreeBSD, and learn how to use it. It's a system which runs better on old/cheap hardware, although it takes a bit of doing to learn to use. There is a handbook there with full documentation, though.

g] Go to jnaudin.free.fr... and use one of the designs on that site, and start generating your own unlimited electricity. If you know someone who is even slightly technically minded, you can also get them to help you build one of the propulsion systems there as well, as a replacement for your car that doesn't need oil.
edit on 1-9-2011 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4
a] Get out of the conventional workforce.

b] Do a permaculture design course.

c] Use your new knowledge of permaculture to begin growing your own food, and/or look for urban farms within your city that are doing the same, because they can show you how. They're springing up all over the place now.

Also, as part of this point, learn how to build geodesic domes. If you don't have a home, or you know someone else who doesn't, build one of these for them, or teach them how to do it. They're simple, fast, and dirt cheap. You don't need complex materials to insulate it, either.

d] If you have any savings, buy gold, silver, and copper, in that order. Start using that directly as currency, and tell other people to do the same.

e] Get rid of your mobile phone. They cause cancer, they kill animals, and they can be tracked to within 10 meters, anywhere on the planet.

f] If you still want to use a computer, get rid of Windows. Go to www.freebsd.org... download FreeBSD, and learn how to use it. It's a system which runs better on old/cheap hardware, although it takes a bit of doing to learn to use. There is a handbook there with full documentation, though.

g] Go to jnaudin.free.fr... and use one of the designs on that site, and start generating your own unlimited electricity. If you know someone who is even slightly technically minded, you can also get them to help you build one of the propulsion systems there as well, as a replacement for your car that doesn't need oil.

Really good points and suggestions Petrus. Personally I am at the point that if something doesn't change I am going to relocate. I have givin some thought to Montana or even Alaska, at least there I can live pretty close to a true sovereign status and provide for myself and my family off of the land if needed. I have also givin a lot of thought into going to the islands, either U.S.V.I. or the Bahamas. I have a 30' Hunter sailboat that I almost sold last year and am now kind of glad that I didn't. It is large enough that my family can live on it if needed and is equiped for long range cruising with solar/wind generators and R/O water maker.

I think that if we don't see serious change soon we will see civil unrest and mass looting and riots and when that does happen it could get pretty bad for anyone that is in urban areas. That's the main reason I am considering relocating since I currently live in central Florida and definately don't want to be here when TSHTF. The biggest thing that people need to do is to learn to be self suffecient and be able to provide for and protect themselves and their family.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   

reply to post by theshepherd2

Thank you for your compassion because to be honest to feel this angry truly bothers me when there's so much more to life. the world we live in is beautiful but it's hard to see when your heads under and all the ugliness being spread by corrupt people.

It will eventualy make its way towards you and I pray it doesn't. Nobody should have to live like a slave. there's nothing wrong with hard work. I love it and proud of what I'm capable of, but not being able to prosper and worrying everyday about every aspect of life isn't living at all.

If everyone sits back and does nothing (which is what will happen) it won't matter anyway because the fact is the way they're running things, we're headed for an imminent collapse anyway. History repeats itself and EVERY great civilization crumbles.

I feel where you are coming from, I posted yesterday on the "I demand utopia" thread about how we have become slaves to society and technology. I feel your anger too, having spent the last 20 years of my life busting my ass to build something for myself and a future for my children just to watch it crumble to the ground because of the corruption and greed of our government. I also agree with you that everyone will sit back and do nothing, whether it's out of fear or dispair.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Nucleardiver

Your absolutely right. the 2 party system is a crock and their only concerns are getting the majority of their party in. This system shouldn't even be allowed. I don't understand how people don't see that politicians do nothing but lie because once in office they do nothing of what they said. 1/2 their campaign is spent slandering others. That alone should show you what their character is about. about.

I read a quote once that said something like "Once you find corruption in gov't, it's already too late to ammend it so you need to create a new one". Makes sense. They're like gangrene. They need to be cut off.

I know that peaceful is a far fetch but it would probably be more likely to get people organized in a peaceful manner and once it escalated (which it would0 then everyone would have no other option. If you asked everyone to get together to fight the gov't aint happening. regardless they wouldn't get organized for any matter.

Your right about them keeping us divided. We fight about petty nonsense which is why so many are blind, fighting BS little civil, religous rights. The gov't feeds them their little opportunistic rights and the think the control the world and keep attacking everyone else. Forgive me for being all over the place. My mind is revving right now and my focus is all over.I'm gonna check out the Federalist papers you were talking about.

Thanks for the infobut unfortunately nobody will ever have the balls enough to get on the same page. Everyone who continues to lose things still are just comfortable and scared enough to lose what they still have. Either way, Soon enough this system will collapse because they can't maintain their greed and corruption.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Abraham Lincoln

Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world.
Abraham Lincoln

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

Unfortunately I've been unemployed for awhile now which means I've had no money coming in. Savings? LOL I don't have a pot to piss in. My son is off to college today and if it wasn't for my wife we'd really be screwed. We basically are living week to week.

I'm all for your suggestions but unfortunately, don't even have the funds to do anything.I've been trying to get money together to get out of NY. I want a piece of land so I can build my own house, off the grid (alternative energy), grow my own crops and be totally self reliant.

I don't need gov't dependancy, but living like I have is kind of a trap. It's hard to save any money to get started. I'm defenitely a country boy trapped in a city man's life. I just need to figure out how to get out of here. Just to get enough mney to get the ball rolling. Thanks for the info though. The more knowledge the better. Either way it will definately be used during my lifetime.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join