It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New ATS Survey: The 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Good to hear.

For the record. I have nothing against guest participation. [Before I joined I was a guest here at ATS for a long period of time myself] I'd just like to know how the vote telly breaks down between the two groups if at all possible. I think many active members [Who make ATS a great site] who contribute to the contents of the debates/discussions on any given subject would like to know how their fellow members feel is all.

Having read through the survey, I think it's fair and well balanced.

Peace

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Thank you Skeptic, for including the one critical question I was hoping would be included; whether or not the people who believe the 9/11 attack was the result of some conspiracy, pursued OTHER conspiracies prior to 9/11. I don't think I've met a single 9/11 truther here who wasn't spouting a bunch of other conspiracies, from the moon landing being a hoax, to JFK being assassinated by the CIA, to Princess DI being assassinated by the SAS, to the USS Liberty being attacked on purpose, to FDR knowing the Japanese were going to attack Pearl Harbor, etc. etc, etc. It should be interesting to see what the actual percentage is from the poll.

Is it really a desire to pursue the truth, or is it really just a "if you're wearing conspiracy colored glasses, everything is going to look like a conspiracy to you" thing?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoodOlDave
Thank you Skeptic, for including the one critical question I was hoping would be included; whether or not the people who believe the 9/11 attack was the result of some conspiracy, pursued OTHER conspiracies prior to 9/11.

I don't think I've met a single 9/11 truther here who wasn't spouting a bunch of other conspiracies, from the moon landing being a hoax, to JFK being assassinated by the CIA, to Princess DI being assassinated by the SAS, to the USS Liberty being attacked on purpose, to FDR knowing the Japanese were going to attack Pearl Harbor, etc. etc, etc.

Hello, I'm Ararisq. Nice to meet you (again). Now you have.

Good poll SO.
edit on 8/31/2011 by ararisq because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Thank you Skeptic, for including the one critical question I was hoping would be included; whether or not the people who believe the 9/11 attack was the result of some conspiracy, pursued OTHER conspiracies prior to 9/11. I don't think I've met a single 9/11 truther here who wasn't spouting a bunch of other conspiracies, from the moon landing being a hoax, to JFK being assassinated by the CIA, to Princess DI being assassinated by the SAS, to the USS Liberty being attacked on purpose, to FDR knowing the Japanese were going to attack Pearl Harbor, etc. etc, etc. It should be interesting to see what the actual percentage is from the poll.

Is it really a desire to pursue the truth, or is it really just a "if you're wearing conspiracy colored glasses, everything is going to look like a conspiracy to you" thing?

Does being conspiracy aware count? I am personally aware of free energy (and antigravity) suppression - in the form of electrogravitics being pulled into black ops - and cannot count it as a "theory." So I was not sure whether I could answer that I pursued "theories," so much as sensible explanations using the information I have.

So did I pursue any conspiracy theory before 9/11? No. Was I aware of conspiracies before 9/11? Yes.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrowaBarton
I sense this thread getting out of control in 3.....2......1......

Bah...

Have a little more faith in our members. From time to time things go south fast for various reasons but over all ATS is one big family [albeit dysfunctional at times] We do a great job of letting our thoughts be known which never have to be in complete agreement on anything.

edit on 31-8-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Ive never talked about 9/11 here but I will do now:

I think this was terrorism but there was support for it from within. I also think they were either paid huge cash or some promises but there was some organization from within the US to 'call terrorists' to do something. The reason could be many: TPTB may be wanting to cause war or conflicts between the christians and mulsems, knowing that after a prosecutaion and a war on some Arabian territory would unleash the hate of muslism towards the west and mission complete - long-term hate has been established

It could be merely for economic purposes. US is known to do wars for pure economic goals. So why would this be any different? Lot's of petrol in the middle east. Why not call some terroritsts then ensure their safety at least for some time, then have a good reason to intervene in a land rich of petrol?

I also think this story where Osama's body thrown into the sea sounds a little vague and it is doubtful. What if this was a cover up to erase him from the common knowledge then hiding somewhere? Of course, it could be true as well but served like that not 100% true

And the Building 7 story and how it was demolished, also that explosives wwere used and not all done by planes - totally correct. There was a bigger plan and I think it's a fact.

I remember when I watched it, I was watching on TV and suddenly a burning/smoking skyscraper. 3 of our national TVs, then I started switching to CABLE TV - CNN, EURONEWS some other casual - all showing live a smoking skyscraper. I was like WTF is going on? I was a kid.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
These surveys are getting good

I'd make one suggestion in respect of this one, although it's a bit late now. It would be interesting to know who or what alerted everyone to the idea that the facts might not have been as presented.

Some people would have been suspicious straight away, but others might have accepted the official story until they came across an article or heard something on TV that made them aware that were discrepancies in it.

Identifying these sources might be eye-opening. If I remember correctly, I came across a book about it by David Icke when I was browsing the weird section of a local bookshop.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by GoodOlDave

I didn't believe in any conspiracies until 9/11. All of your posts that I have read are poorly veiled insults to other members on these boards. I wish you posted actual data and facts, but you don't.

I think the survey was a bit limited but the need for quantifiable data that can quickly be translated is a must so I give the survey a passing grade.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Another great survey SO!

The only thing that has bothered me on these surveys is some of the wording used in the questions.
Such as "the only probable conspiracy". This type of wording may change the way I answer the question.

Or maybe I'm looking into it too much!

Anyway, look forward to the results!

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
And 1 think more, in none of my thoughs about 9/11 would I include, aliens, Illuminati not to say DEMONS ... I accept the possibility of alien stories but I have no reason to think about Illiminati or heck dont even tell me, demons nonsense

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
It was the day I had cable installed and the first images I saw on my TV was
a aeroplane hitting a tall building in the US.... then I sat thinking an accident
happened and with a dropped jaw, I watched a secondhit the other one.

Then it all began...

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imtor
And 1 think more, in none of my thoughs about 9/11 would I include, aliens, Illuminati not to say DEMONS ... I accept the possibility of alien stories but I have no reason to think about Illiminati or heck dont even tell me, demons nonsense

Make it through this and you will understand the spiritual side of the conspiracy
Wash Your Brain - Hollywood Mind Control
www.youtube.com...

Deny Ignorance is the motto, or so they say.....

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

I don't think I've met a single 9/11 truther here who wasn't spouting a bunch of other conspiracies, from the moon landing being a hoax, to JFK being assassinated by the CIA, to Princess DI being assassinated by the SAS, to the USS Liberty being attacked on purpose, to FDR knowing the Japanese were going to attack Pearl Harbor, etc. etc, etc.

Wow, that's just completely false but I think you know that.

9/11 is the only conspiracy I give any creedence to, all the others while interesting are unconvincing. If this survey was about UFOs or something I wouldn't even bother filling it out because, well I just don't care enough.
edit on 31-8-2011 by Internet Explorer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Thanks for presenting this Survey....i am sure the results shall be interesting....and thank you for not wanting to implement any sort of tracking on this sort of thing.

The questions are general and vague which IMHO is a good thing....trying to get to specific would defeat the purpose...it seems as it will generate a general voice on how people feel the Goverment was involved and handled the crisis at hand....i will make a prediction on this....a manufactured black ops in order to infiltrate into the middle east and try to assert controls in for the coming events that will eventually unfold out of the SOR(State Of Rothchilds).

we shall watch and learn....look forward again to the results.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by GoodOlDave

Seriously why do you even post on ATS?
You just listed many of the subjects people are coming to discuss and gather evidence on, yet in a blanket statement you discredit them all, in effect call most ATS members crazy loons, we are on ATS for a reason, the government stories are not what they seem, we want to pursue these topics.
At least on ATS people like you are either a paid "information agent", or what we can call a patriotic truster.

For the record I wasn't into any conspiracies until I started researching 9/11, that is what led me to sign up at ATS. And once you understand 9/11, at least some parts of it, that is a gateway to other conspiracies such as JFK being taken out.

edit on 31-8-2011 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by A boy in a dress
Thank you S.O... I'll wager it will bring heated discussions!

Onwards.

That you can count on!!

Looking forward to the results though!!

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I thought the 911 conspiracy forums on the net had something going.
I was quite impressed and even till today didn't think there was actual
footage of a plane going into the South Tower.
I posted today on a 911 video that said so.
There was so much dis info for a time.
We shall see what we shall see.
At least the ET existence and Maker of the universe questions have been answered.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
i did vote in that survey and once a person understands the political aspect of any given conspriracy any subject matter is quite clear.

two examples of this is 9-11 conspiracy the other is the birther conspiracy two clear diffreenct conspriracies one clear acceptable one is scoffed at

the left versus the right one is pure evil so any given conspiracy theory gains traction hence it gains "truth"

the other is a flat out lie.

any persons own political ideology will easily tell the outcome of the poll. and i have said time and time agian for 9-11 in a few threads had al gore wonin 2000 the 9-11 trurther movement would be almost non existent
edit on 31-8-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

I'm one.

In fact I didn't believe in Conspiracy Theories until the claims of WMD's in Iraq. It opened my eyes and further research opened my mind.

Regards

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
You forgot one huge question. should there be a new, open to the public, non partisan, independant investigation? Thats the question that would yield the best answers. Thats how you get a better understanding of what people think. Some may not think its a conspiracy, but feel more information should be accumulated, discussed and released to the public.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join