It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New ATS Survey: The 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Alas, that will always remain an opinion.

It happened on the watch of the Neo-Cons, I'm guessing from the rhetoric you lean to the right. Divide and rule works everytime.
edit on 31/8/11 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
O'l Dave just likes to blether. Lady Diana's death, for instance, was the subject of a couple of official enquiries, which included foul play, so was President Kennedy. As far as 'pursuing' (Dave's word btw) a conspiracy, I never have, just looking and asking about the actual events from the real people on the ground, not from the media hype and propaganda, (even Dan Rather has said that the media failed the American people over 9/11, and he should know). That is not pursuing a conspiracy..a big difference.

The 9/11 commision is known to be flawed, and it is known that they, at the very least, did not have all the information that was available. The NIST, which was not in the poll, (unless I missed it) is actually more controversial??
edit on 31-8-2011 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Cool beans just took the survey.
Can't wait to see the results.

By the way I love the Heisenberg Avatar.
edit on 31-8-2011 by ELahrairah because: I'm breaking bad

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I think this is the best survey you have done.

I'm hoping the results will surprise me.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoodOlDave
Thank you Skeptic, for including the one critical question I was hoping would be included; whether or not the people who believe the 9/11 attack was the result of some conspiracy, pursued OTHER conspiracies prior to 9/11. I don't think I've met a single 9/11 truther here who wasn't spouting a bunch of other conspiracies, from the moon landing being a hoax, to JFK being assassinated by the CIA, to Princess DI being assassinated by the SAS, to the USS Liberty being attacked on purpose, to FDR knowing the Japanese were going to attack Pearl Harbor, etc. etc, etc. It should be interesting to see what the actual percentage is from the poll.

Is it really a desire to pursue the truth, or is it really just a "if you're wearing conspiracy colored glasses, everything is going to look like a conspiracy to you" thing?
dave, its called the internet.. Forums boomed in the late 90s early 2000s.. So.. Perhaps you just werent listening..

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
That was a bit of a rough survey for me as I remember that day. I was in middle school and it was game day. But they went and cancelled the football game and I remember being more upset over that at the time. In hindsight, wow, was I ever the spoilt American brat.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I know that this survey is intended as a broad overview of the subject, so I wasn't expecting questions like,"Was thermite used to sever beams in the elevator shafts of the WTC towers?", or the like, but I was shocked that no effort was made, in the survey, to find out how many people believe that 9/11 was planned, start to finish by elements of the Bush administation and assorted supporters and allies.

Why was such a question not included? The appearance is that ATS is afraid of the response to that one.

It puts me in mind of what must be one of Alex Jones's scariest nightmares, i.e., that he actually meets a key whistleblower to 9/11. Alex has balls, but he is no Sibel Edmunds.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
One of the most curious images I've seen of 9/11 is where the vertical steel beams turned to dust right before your eyes. Anybody, and I mean anybody who looks at that and believes it was caused by a plane crashing into the tower 50 floors above has an agenda and isn't interested in the truth. End of discussion. That person cannot be reasoned with and is either blatantly ignorant and stupid or they are simply promoting their own agenda.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I noticed there was very little coverage in the quesstions regarding the MIHOP or made it happen on purpose aspects of the 9/11 event.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
A bit problematic was the second question about belief or disbelief when I first saw coverage. At the time, the coverage was before the government had said a word-- but I was thinking, "This is Islamic Fundamentalists at work."

The media, at that time, was mostly unwilling to state the obvious-- with references to Oklahoma City and how so many at that time had presumed the bombing there was in accord with the Muslim threats preceding that act.

By the time the second tower was hit-- I don't know anyone who doubted-- I sure didn't.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Well there was one question that I thought was a bit of a loaded question. "Prior to examining the events of 9/11 were you interested in Conspiracy Theories?" I did check yes because that was the honest answer, but the conspiracy theories were things like The Bermuda Triangle, Bigfoot, The Money Pit. Not really "Conspiracy theories" as much as the strange and unusual.
edit on 31-8-2011 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by axslinger

You make a good point. Maybe we will get a members only survey dealing with more of the detail that is the subject of so much discussion on ATS.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I can't take the survey

It's telling me I already took it, when I didn't!

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoodOlDave
Thank you Skeptic, for including the one critical question I was hoping would be included; whether or not the people who believe the 9/11 attack was the result of some conspiracy, pursued OTHER conspiracies prior to 9/11. I don't think I've met a single 9/11 truther here who wasn't spouting a bunch of other conspiracies, from the moon landing being a hoax, to JFK being assassinated by the CIA, to Princess DI being assassinated by the SAS, to the USS Liberty being attacked on purpose, to FDR knowing the Japanese were going to attack Pearl Harbor, etc. etc, etc. It should be interesting to see what the actual percentage is from the poll.

Is it really a desire to pursue the truth, or is it really just a "if you're wearing conspiracy colored glasses, everything is going to look like a conspiracy to you" thing?

I found it to be a loaded question for this very reason here. Already you have associated "conspiracy theories" with Moon landing hoax, JFK's death, Princess Di's death, etc etc. I click "Yes" to that question because it was an honest answer, but my "interest" in "Conspiracy Theories" were not really conspiracy theories at all. They were the strange and unusual, which you could always find some info about on the Conspiracy sites.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I don't really participate in the 9/11 forums, however I do read alot of it's threads. This site however has given me the basis for what I believe to have happened. The thread where some science guy reproduces the same things seen at the trade center using thermite was a really damning thread and huge evidence twords the thermite/mossad connections.

I had no opinion on 9/11 being a conspiracy at the time of watching it happen.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by A boy in a dress
It was the day I had cable installed and the first images I saw on my TV was
a aeroplane hitting a tall building in the US.... then I sat thinking an accident
happened and with a dropped jaw, I watched a secondhit the other one.

Then it all began...

No you didn't. Nobody saw live footage of the first plane hitting the towers. That footage wasn't released until hours later...Well except for Pres. Bush who claimed he saw it all live.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

feel free to believe in what you want the fact remians had al gore won 9-11 still would have happened on this website i have noticed that there are two main types of "conspiracicy theorys" and people.

the real conspiracy theorists and what i call pseudo conspiracy theorists one is the real deal as in the first type.

the second type are those pseudo conspriracy theorist who latch on to anything and everything to justify their own ideology and hatred for a particular party.

and the fact remians more people are too willing to believe in the evilness of the right than the left every doing anything wrong..

doesnt matter if i lean right or not no one can argue the bithers get dimsissed all those "right wingers" and more people beleive in the 9-11 "conspriracy".

edit on 31-8-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by The Baby Seal Club

I was sitting in my mates living room waitng for him to come home and announce the birth of his new baby boy.

It came over BBC news that a plane had flown into the tower, and as it was being broadcast, thats when i'm sure the second plane hit.

My mate burst in shouting "IT'S A BOY IT'S A BOY!" to which he got the response "STFU, I think we have just gone to war" lol.

Seriously though, it's nearly 10 years, can we put it to rest already? It was a group of pissed off extremists who managed to succesfully hijack a few planes and cause terror and misery to thousands of people.

Personally I find it sick that people try to make out it was something else, fact is, a lot of people lost their lives that day, and it was a sad day for humanity.

Did the US government use it as the excuse they needed to go all out in the middle east? probably........Were they involved in the execution of the plan that day? Highly unlikely.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I found the way the questions were framed that I was forced to select neutral for many of them.

Would it be possible to re-boot this survey, with different and more questions? There is a very important issue.

The survery seemed to lean in favor of a LIHOP (let it happen on purpose), OS (official story) or at worst, misuse and abuse of power, or the taking advantage of the crisis by the Neocons as an opportunity.

Doing that questionaire left me feeling unsatisfied and with the sense that the results are squed by the framing of the questions.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Baby Seal Club

Originally posted by A boy in a dress
It was the day I had cable installed and the first images I saw on my TV was
a aeroplane hitting a tall building in the US.... then I sat thinking an accident
happened and with a dropped jaw, I watched a secondhit the other one.

Then it all began...

No you didn't. Nobody saw live footage of the first plane hitting the towers. That footage wasn't released until hours later...Well except for Pres. Bush who claimed he saw it all live.

Sounds like poster "A boy in a dress" IS George Bush, with too much time on his hands at his ranch in Crawford Texas...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join