It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survey Results: Origins and Evolution

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by DangerDeath

So instead we should go with the god that damned humanity for eating a piece of fruit, dropped a mountain on a city, and then killed the rest of Earth's population with the exception of a single man and his family? Oh let's not forget the time he told his most devoted follower to kill his son to prove his faith. Does science have some dark areas in its past? Sure. Does that invalidate the scientific method? Absolutely not.

God is omniscient, doesn't need to experiment

He assigned that to man who want to become like Him and will do anything to accomplish such a worthy goal...

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Haha you claim to be a Christian yet you go off your own thoughts rather than what the bible tells us.

I'd just love to see some scripture about your wild accusations, and personal fantasy's, you belive in evolution? Ok Mr atheist pretending to be a Christian good for you! Adam and eve a house? Haha i guess that means Jesus never existed ether. Well i won't blame you, i don't suppose you ever actually read the genealogy of Jesus which show's his direct decent from Adam and eve? Your not scripturally sound my friend, we shouldn't go off our own thoughts on things but what the bible tells us, otherwise we start undermining the word of God and we are no longer living in reality. I'd be really careful if i was you, it seems like your straying from the narrow path and leaning towards the abyss by letting yourself be deceived, or maybe you were just lieing about being a christian altogether? Wow...

Not going to reply to you again my friend, but i'd suggest reading this to show how wrong you are and consider your position.
edit on 29-8-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cobaltic1978

Originally posted by GmoS719
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I figured more people would lean towards creation.
hmmm.
I'll pray for the world today.

Why would you think that?

I am not surprised by these results one bit.

Neither am I. It basically shows us that around 50% of ATSers do NOT believe in creationism, and only a very small minority actually DO believe in it. It also proves admirably what I've always thought about this site: that the religious extremists have the biggest mouths!! lol!

J.
edit on 29-8-2011 by jimbo999 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I was happy to take the survey and certainly heartened by the results.

It is an impossible task, however to succintly put into a yes or no paradigm what it is I personally believe.

(I am of the mind that what you believe is what is 'true' for you.)

I know that is too abstract a thought for some 'science types,' but if there IS some concrete FACT of creation, we are not in a position to understand nor comprehend what that may be.

But kudos ATS overlords on a valiant attempt to get to the bottom of our collective neuroses!

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by PieKeeper

I feel reassured by these results. Sometimes I read posts in ATS that are so stupid I want to dig my eyes out with a fork; but when I calm-down and really look objectively, there are a lot of reasonable people here giving educated answers. My thanks to all of them.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

Aaaand once again you ignore what I say, make up your own accusations, and cannot fathom different opinions.

Adam and Eve were PART OF a house. A family lineage. Like the Bushes, or the Obamas. A lineage, which even the Bible eludes to, what with Luke and the lot putting the whole lineage of Christ back to Abraham/Adam.

I told you, it IS fantasy. Fantasy that can no more be proven true or false than anything else. What we know to be absolutely true is in the bible. Everything else? Speculation irrelevant to salvation.

So now, are you going to stop assuming and misquoting?

link   
Expected results for me ...i didnt take the survey ..i missed somehow

link   

So far, science agrees with Eve, but Adam is very questionable.

All science's faith is in mitochondrial DNA, the only relatively unchanging singularity in the whole humankind history (excluding, of course, side-branches of humans which had a different "Eve"). What a, basically racist, scientific approach to defining humanity!

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration

Originally posted by spikey

You're clutching.

God can perform miracles, why is it hard to believe Jonah survived being in the belly of the fish when he had the protection of a loving God?

Didn't Noah and his family, and all the animals that god wanted saved from his extermination also have the protection of a loving god then? Surely they must have done, as they were the only one's deemed worthy of being saved from the slaughter.

Tell, me then why did Noah need a boat again?

If this Jonah character survived without any protection, other than that afforded by god, why wasn't the same afforded to Noah and Co. and all the animals that were to be saved?

Pure, unadulterated piffle. In my opinion, but you're welcome to your belief...blimey and they say someone is delusional because they report seeing an unidentified, weirdly shaped craft travelling at 30,000 mph and then stopping dead...if that's delusional i'd hate to try to categorise what you're saying in this thread.

Your grasping at straws.

Noah needed a boat because there was about to be a global flood and it was a way to save him and his family because they were the only righteous people left on planet earth. No doubt any other boat would have sunk, but God gave noah the right dimensions and he made the boat perfect so it was near unsinkable.

God spared Joanah's life because he was a righteous man.

We at ATS have yet to see a legit video of one of these "unidentified crafts". The only thing we've seen so far is cgi fakes and Orbs of light which are infact fallen angels of Satan

I'm not delusional, you just don't have a solid grip of reality.

I think its much more crazy to believe we all came from Amoeba's, the supernatural doesn't exsist, and we have no moral conciousness or soul.

You've completely and utterly failed to grasp the meaning of my post.

Deliberately so i reckon...can't answer, so you pretend ignorance eh?

I'll spell it out for you then.

If JONAH can survive being swallowed and being in the belly of a fish with all of the digestive processes, lack of oxygen and all the myriad other practical considerations, due solely to 'the protection of a loving god' as you put it, or miracle is another way you describe it, then why didn't the same 'protection of a loving god' save Noah, his family and the animals in another hostile environment, without a boat?

WHY did Noah REQUIRE a boat for his survival, when JONAH didn't REQUIRE breathing apparatus, and a hazmat suit for HIS survival? The LAST family of righteous humans on Earth not worthy of a miracle, only a set of blueprints, when Jon...ah what's the point?!

Tell you what mate, don't bother...i already know your answer is going to be incomprehensible rubbish, and i've read enough from you for one night.

Act stupid all you want, other readers will have seen the point, and seen right through you too.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

reply to post by Gorman91

Haha you claim to be a Christian yet you go off your own thoughts rather than what the bible tells us.

I'd just love to see some scripture about your wild accusations, and personal fantasy's, you belive in evolution? Ok Mr atheist pretending to be a Christian good for you! Adam and eve a house? Haha i guess that means Jesus never existed ether. Well i won't blame you, i don't suppose you ever actually read the genealogy of Jesus which show's his direct decent from Adam and eve? Your not scripturally sound my friend, we shouldn't go off our own thoughts on things but what the bible tells us, otherwise we start undermining the word of God and we are no longer living in reality. I'd be really careful if i was you, it seems like your straying from the narrow path and leaning towards the abyss by letting yourself be deceived, or maybe you were just lieing about being a christian altogether? Wow...

Not going to reply to you again my friend, but i'd suggest reading this to show how wrong you are and consider your position.

Puleeeze!! "...Jesus's direct decent from Adam and Eve"?? lol!! Too funny! There is not a SHRED of evidence to even support that any of these characters ever existed. Basically they are all fictitious inventions of ancient and fertile Jewish imaginations. I think the results of this survey wonderfully illustrate just how OUT OF TOUCH with the average ATSer you really are...

J.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by anumohi
I was of the belief that man was a creation of a mixture between Ape and Alien through DNA manipulation but i never seen this as one of the options of the survey

Pure fantasy, you love your movies huh?

I bet your in this guys cult following:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d584a2d18d67.jpg[/atsimg]

so wheres the 2 missing chromosomes ????

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by DangerDeath

Science run amok = religion run amok. It's all the same. Humans being retards.

I agree, and this is why christianity is not actually a religion, but rather a relationship with almighty God.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

What does it matter whether or not one believes in the accuracy of the Bible? It's been a while since I went to Church but last time was there all that was required to be a good Christian was to believe that God was the Creator, Jesus was his son who he sent to Earth to die for our sins, and to help your fellow Man and to treat them as you would want to be treated. Now, earlier you said that you didn't take everything in the Bible literally. How do you determine what to take literally and what not to take literally? It seems to me that if you believed in the absolute word of the Bible then you would take it all literally, yet you have essentially admitted to doing what Gorman has done. You recognize that the Bible tells a history, but it might not be 100% accurate so you have to choose what things are literal and what are not. Yet in the end you both get the same message.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jimbo999

To semi-quote from the Batman, if you make yourself more than just a man, you will be remembered.

There is today evidence enough that suggests every single god and godess of the pan indo-european pantheon were kings and queens somewhere in India or nearby. And that every god in that pantheon, be it Thor, zeus, Jupiter, etc etc, were the same single king or queen from back when.

If some pre-history kings or queens can come into existence and stay known for so long, I see no reason why any person in the Bible is of any difference. In fact, even the Bible says thy were real people.
edit on 29-8-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by spikey

You're clutching.

God can perform miracles, why is it hard to believe Jonah survived being in the belly of the fish when he had the protection of a loving God?

Didn't Noah and his family, and all the animals that god wanted saved from his extermination also have the protection of a loving god then? Surely they must have done, as they were the only one's deemed worthy of being saved from the slaughter.

Tell, me then why did Noah need a boat again?

If this Jonah character survived without any protection, other than that afforded by god, why wasn't the same afforded to Noah and Co. and all the animals that were to be saved?

Pure, unadulterated piffle. In my opinion, but you're welcome to your belief...blimey and they say someone is delusional because they report seeing an unidentified, weirdly shaped craft travelling at 30,000 mph and then stopping dead...if that's delusional i'd hate to try to categorise what you're saying in this thread.

Well said!

I KNEW this survey would bring out the Christian Wackos out from under the rug - but now the truth is out and the results are in. ATS is - and will always be - predominantly atheist in nature and content. The wackos will always be here trying to spread their 'word' and create mayhem - but in all honesty, they are NOT representative of most ATSers and should either be ignored or treated with the disdain they deserve...

J.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Christianity isn't a religion?

What, pray tell, would you define a religion as?

I was under the (apparently mistaken) impression that Christianity was the very definition of 'Religion.'

Enlighten Us Oh Wise One...

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

A religion is a group of individuals with the same beliefs. Even Christ called it his church. Those after Christ call it his body. IE, an organization. IE, a religion.

It is a relationship. But a communistic one of we the body, his bride, to the groom himself.
edit on 29-8-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
Wow, talk about confusing results.

Here's a question: If humans evolved from monkeys, why are there still monkeys?

By the way, evolution is a theory, not scientific fact. There is zero evidence that proves that Animal A used to be animal B. There is a HUGE amount of speculation and guessing that occurs. Every time someone digs up a fossil it throws a monkey wrench into someone's evolutionary hypothesis. Pun intended.

Here's a question... Have you ever read anything remotely relating to evolution, how it works or the linage of homo sapiens? I'll answer that for you, not likely. Had you done basic due dilligence you would know that humans did not evolve from monkeys. Homo sapiens is classified as one of the five great apes along with gorillas, chimpanzees, bonobos and orangutans. And for the record, evolutionary biology IS a science not a theory. I think you are misinformed and haven't bothered to independently verify the xrap you've been spoon fed. Get a library card, they're wonderful.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cobaltic1978

hmmm.

Why would you think that?

I am not surprised by these results one bit.

I'm not surprised one bit, either. The results reflect the opinion of the majority of the world today, sadly. But, God's Word did say stuff like this would happen in the last days.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

hmmm.

ATSers are not religious loonies who believe in made up stories created by organized religion so they could make a buck and get power.

Sorry to burst your bubble.
edit on 29-8-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

Religious loonies? Really? I thought you were more worthy than that comment, Vitchilo. I guess I was wrong.

Most of the answers are what I figured. The last one is the most honest, as there look to be many people on ATS willing to speak the truth, which is to say, "I don't know."

/TOA

/TOA
edit on 29-8-2011 by The Old American because: grammar

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join