It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survey Results: Origins and Evolution

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
The results of another much talked about survey are in, and I think many will be surprised by the final tally. This was one of our most well-responded surveys with 27,913 people taking the survey, which was comprised of 7,528 ATS members and 20,385 guests. Based on the veracity of some of the opinions expressed in threads regarding "creationism" and debate over evolution, even I was surprised by these results, which I fully expected to be much more balanced. But the numbers are the numbers, and here are the results:

edit on 29-8-2011 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

+48 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I figured more people would lean towards creation.
hmmm.
I'll pray for the world today.

+157 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by GmoS719

hmmm.

ATSers are not religious loonies who believe in made up stories created by organized religion so they could make a buck and get power.

Sorry to burst your bubble.
edit on 29-8-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
May God strike down all dissenting individuals who post in this thread. (Except me).

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

If you don't believe in it, then why do you try so hard to disprove it?
Seems like you just want to be popular.

+80 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

I think people point out obvious contradictions and problems with religion because they are tired of seeing religious groups take advantage of weak people.

That's my opinion.

+61 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

I took the survey, but responded to every question with the answer "Neutral". It's the only suitable answer when you don't know, and finding out is next to impossible.

link   
Very interesting results.

What I've found is that ATS is a great place to learn how to debate civilly. These results almost seem like other people feel the same with the way some of those discussions go.

It would be interesting to see how many people argue against what they really believe on here, just for the sake of argument.
edit on 29-8-2011 by Timing because: (no reason given)

link   

hmmm.

Why would you think that?

I am not surprised by these results one bit.

link   
reply to post by GmoS719

i think you may have confused ATS with GLP??

i think i voted neutral on most of those.. if i have no proof my belief stays in limbo where, personally, i think it belongs.

+24 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

These results were slightly harder to predict than the other polls, but it's fairly close to what I was expecting. It seems to be missing a question though:

"The origins of human life on planet earth are the result of a combination of terrestrial dna and extraterrestrial dna, defined by the science of genetics, engineered by the Anunnaki thousands of years ago."

edit on 29-8-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: spelling, and change "life" to "human life"

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I've also voted a lot of neutrals in this survey on questions I can not possibe know the answer to, or have strong doubts about...

The results of the entire survey though, are almost exactly as I expected
edit on 29/8/2011 by GypsK because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I missed out on this one....and I wonder what the result of a question like - Is homo sapien the product of another NON supernatural life form?

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Inquisitive1

I took the survey, but responded to every question with the answer "Neutral". It's the only suitable answer when you don't know, and finding out is next to impossible.

So why bother completing the survey if you do not have an informed opinion on the subject?

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

lol, id like to know how you managed to be "informed"

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Pretty much what I expected.

Thanks for the survey.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Timing
Very interesting results.

What I've found is that ATS is a great place to learn how to debate civilly. These results almost seem like other people feel the same with the way some of those discussions go.

It would be interesting to see how many people argue against what they really believe on here, just for the sake of argument.
edit on 29-8-2011 by Timing because: (no reason given)

I see your point and agree, but what i think we've mostly discovered with looking at these results when bearing in mind just how many pro religious posts are made here, and how vehemently the pro religious posters argue their corners, is that the religious activists are simply a very loud and outspoken minority.

Given these results, would there be an overwhelming objection to me requesting that anyone who posts that this or that particular god did or didn't do, say, create or whatever has to offer substantive evidence for their claims, or have the post removed for trolling.

At the least, add a codicil something like 'In my opinion' or 'I think that'.

+9 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

I'm not ``trying so hard to disprove it``. I don't give a damn. Since all these ``creation stories`` are coming from the SOBs known as ``the church`` who caused and is still causing so much misery around the world and considering the nature of men, it is my conclusion that it is total BS.

The same goes for all the other organized religions. Just a bunch of men making up stories to get followers, power, money and women. Simple as that.

After all the church as done to the world, and considering what I've seen them done personally to the area I live in, they can go to hell... and I hope it exists... just for them.
edit on 29-8-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
kill god to become god there are any number of religions in the world and the only one most seem to beleive in is the religion of politics.

sure there may be rational explantions for everything under the sun but nothing explain everything in a nut shell people think we didnt exist and bam we did out of nothing came something.

thats everyones right to beleive in no one is trying to say otherwise but everything and we all came from somewhere.

and whether or not we see our makers hand in everything which we dont we assume because man thinks he knows everything.

everyone can put what they know in one hand and drop it into the sea and the observer will see the ripples across the multiverse.

we are insignificant in the grand scheme of things i chalk that poll up to mankinds own arrogance that he knows everything there is to know about everything.
edit on 29-8-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Looks like we're doing a good job here in Origins and Creationism. Majority of poll takers are scientifically informed, which is fantastic.

Keep up the good work everyone.

edit on 29-8-2011 by PieKeeper because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join