It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survey Results: Origins and Evolution

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Timing
reply to post by spikey

I also see what you are getting at, but part of the fun of debating is not to diminish your position with "I think" and "In my opinion" as it weakens your stance and makes you look unsure of yourself and position.

There are probably other purposes for it too.

No thats just how you sucker punch someone right when they think they find your weak spot you stop them mid stride.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

You're clutching.

God can perform miracles, why is it hard to believe Jonah survived being in the belly of the fish when he had the protection of a loving God?

Didn't Noah and his family, and all the animals that god wanted saved from his extermination also have the protection of a loving god then? Surely they must have done, as they were the only one's deemed worthy of being saved from the slaughter.

Tell, me then why did Noah need a boat again?

If this Jonah character survived without any protection, other than that afforded by god, why wasn't the same afforded to Noah and Co. and all the animals that were to be saved?

Pure, unadulterated piffle. In my opinion, but you're welcome to your belief...blimey and they say someone is delusional because they report seeing an unidentified, weirdly shaped craft travelling at 30,000 mph and then stopping dead...if that's delusional i'd hate to try to categorise what you're saying in this thread.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

I'm not too sure, because I kind of saw it on the graph on the science channel and it seemed a bit more than that little.

Aside this point, what is now doesn't mean it always was that way. We do not know what causes it, but chances are if it is in fact seasonal, it probably means its the sun. And if it's the sun, there's a few billion suns around us, that in those 4.5 billion years may have exploded, unleashing God knows what and affecting God knows what.

I'm not saying the Earth isn't 4.5 billion years old. I'm just saying, don't be surprised to find it recounted as just a few million. Or, for all we know, a few trillion.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Originally posted by GmoS719
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I figured more people would lean towards creation.
hmmm.
I'll pray for the world today.

ATSers are not religious loonies who believe in made up stories created by organized religion so they could make a buck and get power.

Sorry to burst your bubble.
edit on 29-8-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

Just loonies that believe in aliens and a reptilian conspiracy

link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

I see nothing wrong with this deduction. Besides what's wrong, it's what I believe.

link   

Originally posted by anumohi
I was of the belief that man was a creation of a mixture between Ape and Alien through DNA manipulation but i never seen this as one of the options of the survey

Pure fantasy, you love your movies huh?

I bet your in this guys cult following:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d584a2d18d67.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 29-8-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by spikey

You're clutching.

God can perform miracles, why is it hard to believe Jonah survived being in the belly of the fish when he had the protection of a loving God?

Didn't Noah and his family, and all the animals that god wanted saved from his extermination also have the protection of a loving god then? Surely they must have done, as they were the only one's deemed worthy of being saved from the slaughter.

Tell, me then why did Noah need a boat again?

If this Jonah character survived without any protection, other than that afforded by god, why wasn't the same afforded to Noah and Co. and all the animals that were to be saved?

Pure, unadulterated piffle. In my opinion, but you're welcome to your belief...blimey and they say someone is delusional because they report seeing an unidentified, weirdly shaped craft travelling at 30,000 mph and then stopping dead...if that's delusional i'd hate to try to categorise what you're saying in this thread.

Your grasping at straws.

Noah needed a boat because there was about to be a global flood and it was a way to save him and his family because they were the only righteous people left on planet earth. No doubt any other boat would have sunk, but God gave noah the right dimensions and he made the boat perfect so it was near unsinkable.

God spared Joanah's life because he was a righteous man.

We at ATS have yet to see a legit video of one of these "unidentified crafts". The only thing we've seen so far is cgi fakes and Orbs of light which are infact fallen angels of Satan

I'm not delusional, you just don't have a solid grip of reality.

I think its much more crazy to believe we all came from Amoeba's, the supernatural doesn't exsist, and we have no moral conciousness or soul.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Who is with Book?

In book is depth
From which catfish are pulled
By the drowning
But this couldn't have happened in Israel
Where there are no creeks to mud the
Pigs
Pay and take! shout hornets
To the amazed net-workers
Alas, we have menstruation! wail
She-catfish from mud
Who will now fertilize us?
Miracle occurred!
Leaked from page 583
Line 12, letter 3
Of book
At New Year

edit on 29-8-2011 by DangerDeath because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Uh, never said Adam and Eve weren't real. Can you please stop adding staws to your vain attempts to make yourself right?
I personally think, but not necessarily believe, that God just came down to the ashes of our ape-like ancestors by a river, took up the mud, and breathed life into it in all the being we see today in ourselves. This is but one of many perfectly biblical plausible scenarios. I personally would even go forward to believe that Adam and Eve were probably of a "house" of some sort in an ancient empire. And that this house included other Sons of God, such as Enoch and Noah. I believe that these individuals lived for hundreds of years and in that extra life, advanced very far. I would not be surprised to hop in a time machine, go back in time to the year 50,000 bc, and discover a massive Funeral monument to Adam, The House of God standing nicely somewhere in the holy city of that day, and Cain as a despotic ruler trying to crush the House of God. This, too, is perfectly biblically possible.

In your vain attempts to dismiss other opinions, you fail to see that the one thing God requires you to believe as he has ordered is that Christ is the risen lord and savior of mankind. Everything else, is just opinion, equally valid, so long as it can be scripturaly backed.

The Bible was written for the salvation of man. A host of lessons, all historically true in my opinion, given to man through God or his angles.
edit on 29-8-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-8-2011 by Gorman91 because: le spelling

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

These results were slightly harder to predict than the other polls, but it's fairly close to what I was expecting. It seems to be missing a question though:

"The origins of human life on planet earth are the result of a combination of terrestrial dna and extraterrestrial dna, defined by the science of genetics, engineered by the Anunnaki thousands of years ago."

edit on 29-8-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: spelling, and change "life" to "human life"

So, you answered that a Divine being created mankind?

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

Wow. More people have sense and fewer believe in a magic man in the sky than I expected. Fantastic!

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

yea im somewhat familiar with it, as a branch of string theory. again, it doesnt disprove the existence of god, its just a means of describing the peculiar physical laws that apply on a quantum scale.

the problem with most of these theories is that they cannot be proven empirically, they might make some mathematical models work better, but again thats just another abstraction. it may not, and probably doesnt accurately reflect reality, which is why i think people should have an open mind in regards to the existence of god, agnosticism am i right.

atheism on the other hand, rejects the possibility of a god, and then turns around and ascribes their beliefs to science, which does not in fact support them.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

As far as the level of importance, goes amoung these surveyed inquiries. The last question as everyone will surely agree, carries twice the amount of importance, than all the other questions combined. So don't be fooled by these results.

I gave you a star for that in part.

The last question is bull mostly because it is actually far too simplistic + suggestive.

A vibrant universe, wtf does that mean at our human level? if you take it at face value, it means that WE are but an experiment, and if something goes wrong in the mixture, tough tiddy, I say again, look around you, and see where the experiment went wrong. Give it up to those on the planet, aka human beings who try to make things better by trying to correct what has gone wrong, that is just as evolutionary in its own right. Some people can be so smug when they think that they have some kind of special relationship with 'God' or 'Science' as some kind of benign entity and each believing that they are right. It is in reality, just not like that.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

I imagine Noah was in a boat. I imagine he saved all the animals of his day. But for all you know, this ship was a bio lab, and he a biologist, with the dna of every species on Earth, enough so as to recolonize Earth, It's biblically plausible. It's also possible that Noah's ark was the TARDIS. Again, possible too.

Simply put, we do not know. So it is not your place to assume false 100%

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by anumohi
I was of the belief that man was a creation of a mixture between Ape and Alien through DNA manipulation but i never seen this as one of the options of the survey

Alien-ism wasn't an option...

It was basically a black and white survey between the two main myopic points of view "Darwin-ism vs Creation-ism" the only real important and telling question was the last one IMO

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Here's what "scientists" do to unravel secrets of life

www.bbc.co.uk...

US government scientists infected hundreds of Guatemalan prisoners, psychiatric patients and sex workers to study the effects of penicillin.

None of those infected consented.

The head of the commission, Amy Gutmann, called the research a "shameful piece of medical history".

The Presidential Commission for the study of Bioethical Issues said some 5,500 Guatemalans were involved in all the research that took place between 1946 and 1948.

Of these, some 1,300 were deliberately infected with syphilis, gonorrhoea or another sexually transmitted disease, chancroid.

And of that group only approximately 700 received some sort of treatment.

According to documents the commission had studied, at least 83 of the 5,500 subjects had died by the end of 1953.

"Sex workers" - I like that one

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by DangerDeath

So instead we should go with the god that damned humanity for eating a piece of fruit, dropped a mountain on a city, and then killed the rest of Earth's population with the exception of a single man and his family? Oh let's not forget the time he told his most devoted follower to kill his son to prove his faith. Does science have some dark areas in its past? Sure. Does that invalidate the scientific method? Absolutely not.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
reply to post by Gorman91

I will call you out, because you are a liar and this sort of non scriptual teaching will further help to deceive others. There is no support for theistic evolution in the Bible, and by believing in evolution you are undermining the very word of God. If Adam and Eve were not real, then sin didn't come into the world, and there for their would be no need for Jesus to have died for our sins, do you not think about that before believing in such heresy nonsense? You are denying the central Biblical Teachings. The entire Bible bears witness that we are dealing with a source of truth authored by God. The Bible carries the seal of truth, and all its pronouncements are authoritative.

Mods...really? You gonna let this kind of thing slide?

I've had posts removed for MUCH less than this.

I suppose things have changed.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by DangerDeath

Science run amok = religion run amok. It's all the same. Humans being retards.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Religion is taking a hold of the text books now so I a not suprised by the results. I am a little suprised by the amount who strongly agree with the religion of evolution.
Science is Repeatable, Testable and Observable. The religion of evolution is non of those.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join