It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survey Results: Origins and Evolution

page: 63
<< 60  61  62    64  65  66 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

I hope you realize that TONS of ancient cultures practiced animal worship. The Hindus worship cows for crying out loud. That doesn't mean there's aliens with animal heads ruling the people

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

, I'll go on the record and say it the evidence of a nuclear war in Pakistan IS proof aliens visited us in the past. My reasoning, process of elimination

Couldn't have been humans we didn't have nuclear weapons if you believe conventional history

Couldn't have been a meteor.

Consider these verses from the ancient (6500 BC at the latest) Mahabharata:

...a single projectile
Charged with all the power of the Universe.
An incandescent column of smoke and flame
As bright as the thousand suns
Rose in all its splendour...
a perpendicular explosion
with its billowing smoke clouds...
...the cloud of smoke
rising after its first explosion
formed into expanding round circles
like the opening of giant parasols...

..it was an unknown weapon,
An iron thunderbolt,
A gigantic messenger of death,
Which reduced to ashes
The entire race of the Vrishnis and the Andhakas.
...The corpses were so burned
As to be unrecognisable.
The hair and nails fell out;
Pottery broke without apparent cause,
And the birds turned white.

After a few hours
All foodstuffs were infected...
...to escape from this fire
The soldiers threw themselves in streams
To wash themselves and their equipment.

Until the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, modern mankind could not imagine any weapon as horrible and devastating as those described in the ancient Indian texts. Yet they very accurately described the effects of an atomic explosion. Radioactive poisoning will make hair and nails fall out. Immersing oneself in water gives some respite, though it is not a cure.

When excavations of Harappa and Mohenjo-Daro reached the street level, they discovered skeletons scattered about the cities, many holding hands and sprawling in the streets as if some instant, horrible doom had taken place. People were just lying, unburied, in the streets of the city. And these skeletons are thousands of years old, even by traditional archaeological standards. What could cause such a thing? Why did the bodies not decay or get eaten by wild animals? Furthermore, there is no apparent cause of a physically violent death.

These skeletons are among the most radioactive ever found, on par with those at Hiroshima and Nagasaki. At one site, Soviet scholars found a skeleton which had a radioactive level 50 times greater than normal. Other cities have been found in northern India that show indications of explosions of great magnitude. One such city, found between the Ganges and the mountains of Rajmahal, seems to have been subjected to intense heat. Huge masses of walls and foundations of the ancient city are fused together, literally vitrified! And since there is no indication of a volcanic eruption at Mohenjo-Daro or at the other cities, the intense heat to melt clay vessels can only be explained by an atomic blast or some other unknown weapon. The cities were wiped out entirely.

While the skeletons have been carbon-dated to 2500 BC, we must keep in mind that carbon-dating involves measuring the amount of radiation left. When atomic explosions are involved, that makes then seem much younger.

The radiation from a meteor would usually die down in a couple of days.

if there is no explanation available even the most outlandish explanation is better than saying it is a mystery that cannot be answered by any current scientific reasoning.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

you know what anthropomorphized is yes? no where did i indicate because the four sons of horus had animals heads, that they were aliens. i was talking about the origin of the four sons of horus as canopic jars, based on the image from abydos, which is four guys with no arms, hooked to a tall central figure. i study this stuff.
edit on 5-9-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by undo

I'm not so sure nimrod founded anything in Egypt.

Nobody founded Egypt. Egypt was an area that was similar to our own Mississippi valley, but then environmental calamity made it into a desert, and all the people flooded to the only remaining river left. Eventually local lords came around, and the indo-European pantheon migration gave them invented gods like Ra and the lot. Eventually Menes united the two present kingdoms, and Egypt was born.

No one man "created" Egypt. Egypt is the result of many rulers, many leaders, many builders, and many people. And this is reflected on the fact that they had many gods, constantly evolving and changing in their origin stories and myths. Because Egypt was not constant. There is no one culture or identity of Egypt.

he started pharaonic egypt at abydos. he's the originator of the osiris legend. he was the emperor of the known world at the time, and that included egypt. why do people keep building strawmen to fight. i didn't say he founded egypt. i said he started the pharaonic dynasty at abydos.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Undo I'm sure you know this.....you know everything

The Sumerian deity, Ningizzida, is accompanied by two gryphons; it is the oldest known image of two snakes coiling around an axial rod, dating from before 2000 BCE

His name in Sumerian is translated as "lord of the good tree"

www.babylon-rising.com...

Coincidence?

edit on 5-9-2011 by KingJames1337 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by KingJames1337
.you know everything

yeah i come off like a know-it-all but dang i've been studying all the ancient histories for a long time and have formulated what i think is a pretty good timeline, some of which is not even my data, but the data of other researchers like egyptologists, assyriologists and etc. it's not like i'm pulling this info out of my imagination, although some of it i have further elaborated on in the form of hypotheses and theories. gotta start somewhere.

whatdaya wanna bet that's the dingir symbol on that gobekli tepe stone?

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

No, Menes did.

And nobody created the gods. Like India, many different tribes had their own myths, and when Egypt came together, they accepted each other's myths for survival.

Furthermore, there is no proof Egypt ever ruled beyond its own lands and local areas.
edit on 5-9-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by KingJames1337

How do you know that's not just recycled or reinterpreted Genesis 3:24

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
kingjames

yeah i started making a research site on the lineage of enki, particularly, but side tracked when i theorized that he was perhaps not making offspring but inhabiting (possessing?) new bodies, and that he actually possessed nimrod, created the osiris legend, and as a result, whenever a new pharaoh was up for his spin, he was then possessed by enki, and this continued through out dynastic egypt. it dawned on me that the opening of the mouth ceremony may have been symbolically related to the possession of a new pharaoh and dispossession of the old one.

it got kinda wacky. i'd go into detail but it isn't worth it in this thread.

thanks for the link
www.babylon-rising.com...

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

was menes osiris? if not he's not the founder of the pharaonic line.
not my fault that some egyptologists think ancient people could do nothing but lie.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

This stuff is very confusing but there does appear to be a lot of consistent themes and when it comes to someone new to this stuff such as myself it is difficult to follow.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by KingJames1337
reply to post by undo

This stuff is very confusing but there does appear to be a lot of consistent themes and when it comes to someone new to this stuff such as myself it is difficult to follow.

well the idea is that inanna was in lock step with him through out dynastic egypt. the pharaoh would be possessed by enki, and some female close to the pharaoh, either his wife, mother or sister, would be possessed by inanna. this would then constitute the osiris and isis legend and give further substantiation for burying the old pharaoh with a funerary name always proceeded by OSIRIS. in other words, it wasn't a comparative, it was a literal.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Shinto creation stories tell of the history and lives of the "Kami" (deities). Among them was a divine couple, Izanagi-no-mikoto and Izanami-no-mikoto, who gave birth to the Japanese islands. Their children became the deities of the various Japanese clans. Amaterasu Omikami (Sun Goddess) was one of their daughters. She is the ancestress of the Imperial Family and is regarded as the chief deity. Her shrine is at Ise. Her descendants unified the country. Her brother, Susano came down from heaven and roamed throughout the earth. He is famous for killing a great evil serpent.

Shinto Japanese culture is pretty isolationist why mention killing a serpent?

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Well actually, it's very likely most of it is a lie. It's not my problem you're willing to trust 30th century BC sheep herders.

Also Osiris did not begin Pharaoh rule. Ptah, ra, shu, and geb are all listed as coming from before him.

it's very likely these were local warlords or chiefs whom ruled a few villages.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Because that's part of the Indo-european tradition.

An ancient migrating story of myths that probably reached Japan via the silk road.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

reply to post by undo

Well actually, it's very likely most of it is a lie. It's not my problem you're willing to trust 30th century BC sheep herders.

Also Osiris did not begin Pharaoh rule. Ptah, ra, shu, and geb are all listed as coming from before him.

it's very likely these were local warlords or chiefs whom ruled a few villages.

no ptah and company are not pharaohs. they are the creators etc. osiris was not the god of creation. check your egyptology.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

if there is no explanation available even the most outlandish explanation is better than saying it is a mystery that cannot be answered by any current scientific reasoning.

So whenever we don't know something for sure, you say it's always better to make stuff up and claim it's the truth...got it

First of all, you don't KNOW if it was an atomic bomb. There's also no reason why a meteorite's radiation would fade sooner...and of course there's the fact that due to plate tectonics, those human remains could have just ended up buried next to an uranium deposit or some other radioactive material.

The truth is, we just don't know. And drawing conclusions without having all the facts is called blind belief or "making stuff up".

What's so hard in admitting you don't know?

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

combine that with mahabharata texts claiming things like a god who had a ship that could cloak itself. a flying city. a ship that could hurl projectiles that would follow the enemy ship no matter where it went, like it had a lock on target function or heat seeking function. there's a bunch of very bizarre data in the hindu texts. i avoid the newer stuff and go straight to the oldest, and the oldest is pretty freaky.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by MrXYZ

combine that with mahabharata texts claiming things like a god who had a ship that could cloak itself. a flying city. a ship that could hurl projectiles that would follow the enemy ship no matter where it went, like it had a lock on target function or heat seeking function. there's a bunch of very bizarre data in the hindu texts. i avoid the newer stuff and go straight to the oldest, and the oldest is pretty freaky.

We also have stories about unicorns and mermaids. They also believed in global floods (utter nonsense) and that the world is flat...or that you could fall off the edge and there's monsters. Myths have been a part of cultures for thousands of years, many of which have been completely debunked. The rest we just can't explain (yet). You are taking a GIANT leap of faith if you take those myths for anything more than what people BELIEVED back then. Keep in mind their descriptions are based on their limited knowledge of nature back then.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Because that's part of the Indo-european tradition.

An ancient migrating story of myths that probably reached Japan via the silk road.

why the silk route when the chinese emperors claimed they descended from dragon gods? no need for a silk route just a boat trip

new topics

top topics

<< 60  61  62    64  65  66 >>

join