It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survey Results: Origins and Evolution

page: 61
<< 58  59  60    62  63  64 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

gobekli tepe.

In turkey, Mind you.

Here are some of my personal select favorites.

What appears to be Egyptian life, including the mysterious unknown animal of Seth....about 6000 years before his creation in Egypt. There is also what appears to be those old "anchor stones" people find laying around claiming that they came from Noah's ark

i.dailymail.co.uk...

img.xcitefun.net...

Here we see some classic images. Bull, Crane, and other Greek/Minoan-like life...several thousand years before they had those icons and worshiped them,

www.vagabondjourney.com...

2.bp.blogspot.com...

Here is one of my favorites. A boar and what..huh... appears to be a do do bird. Of course it could be any number of things. Hell, it could be documenting evolution.

3.bp.blogspot.com...

Here we have a lion. Again, not exactly normal Turkish animal life.
img.xcitefun.net...

Here we have a piece with birds flying over. Different types of birds. some carrying something. I always thought it might be the birds Noah sent out during the flood, but I admit this is my own bias.

upload.wikimedia.org...

A human, very generic. Take is as you wish.

www.redicecreations.com...

Here's a comparison of their art to the Dogon people....in Niger...several nations and a whole subcontinent away. Not exactly short distance traveling, what with this practically being the age before...civilization.

Here's something familiar. Remember the giant Hs of South America? hey, isn't that animal awfully...Chinchilla looking?

Gobek seems to be, dare I say is, a documentation of all life and cultures of Earth at the time. Say...like saving something? Say...like maybe if you were about to see the whole world die, or maybe you had just survived it, and you wanted to document what once was so you don't loose it? Say.......an ark?
edit on 3-9-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

Source for images:

Google image source plus
edit on 3-9-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Even if Gobeki Tepe predates the Sumerian stories the Sumerian tablets still can't be put away they were just based off the other stories.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   

this is from gobleki tepe?
upload.wikimedia.org...

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

I have been told so. I'm always open to opposition, cause hell if I know. I haven't been there.

I remember seeing it a while ago on a forum about the temple. And the language itself is some sort of bewildering hybrid of what looks like Sumerian, Japanese, and Other ancient writings.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by KingJames1337

Even if Gobeki Tepe predates the Sumerian stories the Sumerian tablets still can't be put away they were just based off the other stories.

anu was apparently in gobleki tepe history. and according to the history of relief sculpture, this thing is way out of synch with the rest of the known world.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by KingJames1337

Well it's not "even if". It does. By 3000+ years. And yes, by all means look at them. but recognize that you're not reading the original. You're reading someones reinterpretation of it. And for all you know, it was historic fiction in its day. Like I said, it's incomplete. We simply don't know. Don't put it on a pedestal when it can so easily fall.

Am I saying gobekli tepe is definitively the original? Hell no. For all I know, it's someone ELSE'S reinterpretation of a story going back 10,000 more years.

Science means accepting that truth is near impossible. We can just best-guess it until something proves it wrong.
edit on 4-9-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by undo

I have been told so. I'm always open to opposition, cause hell if I know. I haven't been there.

I remember seeing it a while ago on a forum about the temple. And the language itself is some sort of bewildering hybrid of what looks like Sumerian, Japanese, and Other ancient writings.

did you also read that it was apparently a site of "human" sacrifice. that they apparently tossed children, babies and people in a big bronze bowl and roasted them ? sounds like solyent green soup is on the menu
edit on 4-9-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Nope, but I wouldn't be surprised. People were ugly back then.

Also recognize that the temple itself ranges in date by 3000 years. So that might not have been its original purpose. Likely not, in fact.

I mean, let's look at some of our contemporary examples? The Pantheon alone has been everything from a ballet room for the rich, to a church, to a tomb. It was originally a Roman temple. It's only 2000 years old. Would not be surprised if society collapsed and they through children into its oculus for human sacrifice.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Haha I didn't realize I said even if, but it's all we have unless their are some tablets from 10,000 BC.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   

dude, they are from 10,000 BC. lol. The temple dates from 12,000 to 9,000 BC.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

I can't see how anu or any god would be in their history, considering we don't understand their language.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   

But do we have any writing? If we don't have writing what can I take from pictures.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

dude, they are from 10,000 BC. lol. The temple dates from 12,000 to 9,000 BC.

i see anu's symbol there. might be better stated as the dingir symbol, which is probably why david rohl thinks it may be eden (besides his theories about the 4 rivers, which i think he's wrong about. as above so below. the rivers were in their sky charts and mirrored on earth, but the gate to eden, where is it? it should, at this very moment have a cherub going back and forth with a fiery sword, like this (protecting the entrance to eden..in the heavens)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Well it's simple. Someone builds a giant stone complex documenting all life on Earth and all known cultures. Why would someone do that?

Well what do the regional myths talk about? A flood.

What do they all have in common? Surviving that flood on a boat.

So when we find a giant complex depicting more or less an encyclopedia of all life on Earth in a region that has lots of flood myths from all around the same range of time, we can safely assume they are somehow linked, because humans, in times of impeding disaster, try to save and document things.

This is called deductive reasoning.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Symbols change dude. Especially over thousands of years. And sometimes the same symbol is used for different things.

Just a few off the top of my head:

Swatiza: Peace, war, genocide, good luck.

The Pentagram: now a demonic symbol, a thousand years ago stood for Christ's 5 virtues.

The Eagle: practically stands for anything. The state, God, etc etc.

The olive branch: peace, war, superiority, complex, etc etc.

The fact you see that symbol gives no indication it meant the same thing to a people far away thousands of years ago

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   

But what story with names of people can I take from it.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Well it's simple. Someone builds a giant stone complex documenting all life on Earth and all known cultures. Why would someone do that?

Well what do the regional myths talk about? A flood.

What do they all have in common? Surviving that flood on a boat.

So when we find a giant complex depicting more or less an encyclopedia of all life on Earth in a region that has lots of flood myths from all around the same range of time, we can safely assume they are somehow linked, because humans, in times of impeding disaster, try to save and document things.

This is called deductive reasoning.

those cap stones are in remarkably good shape for their age, particularly if all the flood myths are from being in a flood plain. you'd think after they buried it, it'd be even worse for wear than the sphinx.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Even if we could, this is 6000 years before anything we know of. any names we could find would be like nothing else we can compare to.

In order to link them to anything we know, we would have to find other artifacts, inbetween.

It's like finding the fossil of a trex, and then the fossil of a crow. We can use deductive reasoning to see they are related, but God only knows how.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Not really. Depends of the climate, the situations, etc etc. The sphinx is just 4000 years old and has dealt with nothing by wind tear. Gobek is 10,000+ years old, but has been under a field plane in high elevation, if I recall. Nothing much is going to bother it.

An earthquake might knock the nose off a sphinx, but you're not going to break an underground temple filled in with dirt.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   

you're mixing 2 different climates together though. according to your previous post, they are the survivors of a flood. that means it was raining alot (if you take the story of the days of rain into account). also, there must've been water nearby in order to have a civ, and if there's a river, and there's a flood, the river is going to overflow the banks and mess up that rock. it looks way too well preserved for its age. what kind of rock is it?

new topics

top topics

<< 58  59  60    62  63  64 >>

join