It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LARGEST radiation release to date!!! And Fukushima radiation 168 times of Hiroshima atomic bomb!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ignant

We have a lot of nuke plants in America, and one of them is a Graphite Reactor which is the sister plant to the one that melted down in Russia, (The Hanford Reactor in Washington State). There are probably many government agencies which are happy that the general population are not staying focussed on American Nuke Plants.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
Judging from the absence of replies, I can see why the media ignores this disaster.

Because we are already behind this old Message,
afir it was in the News two Weeks ago?

You cant compare Hiroshima with F'Shima,
the first one is like an Clover-Field on a sunny Sunday Morning
and F'Shima is, in fact, the Apocalypse!

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Yes but what happens to very heavy radioactive materials? They fall down. And it's kind of hard to digest something 55 protons. We evolved to consume things with Carbon, not Cesium.

I am not downplaying this. I'm simply asking the question. radioactivity is bad. But if the atom is large enough, the body simply passes it, and eventually the radioactivity finds its way to bedrock, were it decays.

Furthermore, I wouldn't be surprised to find a solution to radioactivity. They'v discovered that solar flares alter decay rates. So if they isolate what does it, they theoretically could make radioactivity a non-issue.

Hopes and dreams of course, for now.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Eff yer effin theoretically ok?
The real situation will be life changing for a lot of people.
There is not even a begining made to solve this problem.
Tepco is flushing millions of gallons of highly irradiated water into the ocean.
The release of all kinds of nuclear fallout will go on indefinately!
There is NO cure. NO DOME of concrete no nothing.
The radioactive cores are burning their way deep into the ground below the plants by now.
Radio active steam emitting from ground cracks in the vicinity of the plant tell you that.
Children are at risk here not just japan!
This is extinction level stuff for the Japanese people.
There will be no going back now for them.
The radiation zone will grow larger with time too.....
The entire world should be working on this horror or it will never go away.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
There is nothing we can do but accept what has happened, and move on to make it so such disasters could never happen again.

I mean, this is devastating news. Last time I brought up radiation I got kicked out of my friend's house. How are people supposed to digest this? Mainstream media should be all over since they love to fear monger. I wonder why not now...

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by InnerTruths

Originally posted by InnerTruths
Mainstream media should be all over since they love to fear monger. I wonder why not now...

Maybe because this one is real doom

edit on 28-8-2011 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

bravo!

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   

"nothing we can do but accept what has happened"

then i guess we all fail as a species,, together then,.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome

"nothing we can do but accept what has happened"

then i guess we all fail as a species,, together then,.

Could be like a book burning.

Israel/England is losing America as it's military protector in the future....so need to kill off the world....

Set off earthquake in Pacific causing tsunami on Japanese reactors....stupid Japanese supporting Iran....fallout would make humans live to only 30 again....everyone forgets allllll the evil things done.

A Few people keep the knowledge and step in to be the new Gods.

We've been falling as a species because we never evolved out of Waring for Resources. We kill our own to Generate money.

What other species kills it's own to survive?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
This makes me wonder... has anyone with a geiger counter in the western U.S. kept a log of radiation readings since the disaster? If so, what are your findings. I would wager that more than one of us is highly curious about them.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

As if going to work on Monday is not bad enough, Good Lord I wonder what we are being exposed to everyday. I don't know if it is related but a large number of coworkers and myself have had respiratory infections all summer off and on. It may be paranoia but we handle objects from there on a daily basis. Makes me want to take my mask and suit to work with me and shower before I leave everyday.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

Well BobAtHome, then enlighten me exactly what can be done to reverse what has happened? To lessen the effects of exposure? At this point nothing can be done, it's too late. We need to move on and figure out a solution for the future instead of mingling in the past of the present situation.

I think you fail to see that moving forward does not mean staying in the same place or moving back. Our nature is to learn from mistakes. We made a HUGE one. a few of them, so let's learn to better the future instead of dwelling on how bad everything seems to be.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I read an article a number of months ago that was saying the entire West coast of the North American continent was receiving fall out. The rate was something like we were ingesting on the average about 30 particles a day. I facebooked it for other to read so I will see if I can still pull it up for citation purposes.

The article attributed an incline of birth mortality rates in California to the fall out. Ever since then nearly every day I think and wonder to myself what is in the air that we are breathing. I have looked online for some kind of site that monitors this sort of thing. I have found nothing.

PERHAPS ALL TOGETHER we can combine efforts and do a search to see if there is any form of monitoring system or air quality tracking system that could give an idea of what the West coast of the U.S. is experiencing.

I agree the reason that nothing being said about this in the main stream media is because there is nothing that can be done. Simply put...just people go on living their lives with out the fear and panic this would cause. We have a right to know !!!

edit on 29-8-2011 by miner49r because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Odessy

I was under the impression a nuclear war would result in a nuclear winter.
Am I wrong in my math?

Nuclear winter is more a function of the gigatons of dust which would be hurled into the atmosphere blocking out the sun.

Our nature is to learn from mistakes. We made a HUGE one. a few of them, so let's learn to better the future instead of dwelling on how bad everything seems to be.

Here's the thing, I don't think many of the people on this forum would have made the mistakes JapGov and Tepco have if they were in charge originally when the plants were designed and built to withstand a much less magnitude earthquake than there were historical records of.

The mistakes of Fukushima go back before they ever broke ground on the site.

What sort of lessons should we, the people, learn?

That we can't trust our leaders to keep our best interests (health, freedom, personal prosperity) a higher priority than those or corporate interests (profit, no matter the expense)?

What lessons, would you have our leaders learn?

Now, what probability do you assign to that actually happening?

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I thought I'd post a link to a very easy to understand video about what radiation is and it's dangers. This is open courseware by Richard Muller of UC-Berkeley. It's called physics for future presidents great stuff!!!
www.youtube.com...

Everyone knows the stuff isn't good but what is it really?

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Take off your tin hats people. Pumping fear when there is noting to be fearful of.
You people have been saying this for months now and guess what? there is no evidence for dangers to large populations.
Yawn!.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by musashi9
Take off your tin hats people. Pumping fear when there is noting to be fearful of.
You people have been saying this for months now and guess what? there is no evidence for dangers to large populations.
Yawn!.

You do understand that it will take decades to comprehend the scale of what we are at the beginning of do you not?

NISA Mentions "Neptunium-239" in August 29 Press Conference
Now this is very curious.

The Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency (NISA)'s daily press conference is ongoing (August 29). The NISA spokesman Moriyama mentions neptunium-239's conversion ratio to plutonium-239 as 1 to 1.

According to the June 6 estimate by the NISA:

Plutonium-239: 3.2×10^9

Neptunium-239: 7.6×10^13

So, now it is:

Plutonium-239: 7.6 x 10^13, or 76,000,000,000,000 or 76 terabecquerels
The amount of plutonium-239 has increased 23,000-fold.

source

Yep, good stuff for certain.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
This may be a stupid question but here goes.

Isn't the end result here the reactor melting down and reaching ground water, if it hasn't already. Once that happens is there anything that can stop it ? I mean it seems once it reaches drinking water it's all over but the crying. Everyone in Japan should be evacuated and relocated.

How can anyone live there if it's in the ground water. Wouldn't it eventually spread all over Japan ?

Strict..

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
So that website says TEPCO announced this?
Then why no link to any press release from TEPCO?
show me

I'm thinking this is just a hoax. Unless someone wants to prove me wrong, by showing where on that list of press releases it says otherwise.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Strictsum
This may be a stupid question but here goes.

Isn't the end result here the reactor melting down and reaching ground water, if it hasn't already. Once that happens is there anything that can stop it ? I mean it seems once it reaches drinking water it's all over but the crying. Everyone in Japan should be evacuated and relocated.

How can anyone live there if it's in the ground water. Wouldn't it eventually spread all over Japan ?

Strict..

This is actually probably happening already.

As soon as the rods melted through the bottom of the containment vessel and became a molten puddle of radioactive lava (corium) it started melting through the concrete basemat. At this point, no known technology on earth has the capability to stop the uncontrolled nuclear reaction. The amount of time this would have taken depends upon a number of factors, but suffice to say, by this time, if the blob hasn't been diluted enough by the concrete, it's in the sandstone/mudstone beneath presently.

If by some chance any of the corium masses haven't made it through the basemat, and they do break through reaching a liquid volume of any appreciable size, and we may see a steam explosion which would leave quite an impressive crater, taking most of the site with it.

edit on 29-8-2011 by jadedANDcynical because: d'uh

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join