Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

LARGEST radiation release to date!!! And Fukushima radiation 168 times of Hiroshima atomic bomb!

page: 5
87
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

log in

join

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
They should be forced to understand the concept : too late !




posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
jimbo- that link you posted to radiation network is showing the radiation level in japan at only 16- 24.

so that makes this thread moot.



posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam
Hardly a peep in the media...


And what would that accomplish? If the average Joe Cheeseburger knew this...what would possibly change beyond someone not focused on doing their day to day job?

In this case, its not news anymore...its not new, all we can hope for is that the scientists are doing their best to try and resolve this situation...thats it. a million cameras pointing on it won't make it go away...so, when there is truely nothing that can be done about something, then meh..ignore it..,bring it up in situations that will make a difference (discussions about future nuclear plant safety and whatnot)..otherwise, why stress about something fully out of your control?



posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX
 



Originally posted by SaturnFX
And what would that accomplish? If the average Joe Cheeseburger knew this...what would possibly change beyond someone not focused on doing their day to day job?

In this case, its not news anymore...its not new, all we can hope for is that the scientists are doing their best to try and resolve this situation...thats it. a million cameras pointing on it won't make it go away...so, when there is truely nothing that can be done about something, then meh..ignore it..,


Do you really believe in the dribble you just wrote?


Accountability and vigilance require attention and focus. Without either of the latter, you receive none of the former.

The average Joe Cheeseburger might buy such ridiculous nonsense (as I look around, they apparently do), but I don't.



Originally posted by SaturnFX
bring it up in situations that will make a difference (discussions about future nuclear plant safety and whatnot)..


Which history repeatedly proves never really happens when such meaningful events are permitted to be hidden from public view.



Originally posted by SaturnFX
...otherwise, why stress about something fully out of your control?


Gravity, the bad taste of SPAM, and the fact that rain is wet are out of my control.


Demanding attention to the scale, significance and response to disaster is not.


Medicate yourself into oblivion and ignorance, if you feel that personally necessary. I will not be advocating the same to others.


edit on 29-8-2011 by loam because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by loam
 


This is a sapiens sapiens issue that should be worked on by ALL. but it seems as long as many dont pay attention many feel ok or safe
..
GOD BLESS ALLMEN AMEN Imagine the people and animals exposed there, species neglecting itself



posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam
reply to post by SaturnFX
 



Originally posted by SaturnFX
And what would that accomplish? If the average Joe Cheeseburger knew this...what would possibly change beyond someone not focused on doing their day to day job?

In this case, its not news anymore...its not new, all we can hope for is that the scientists are doing their best to try and resolve this situation...thats it. a million cameras pointing on it won't make it go away...so, when there is truely nothing that can be done about something, then meh..ignore it..,


Do you really believe in the dribble you just wrote?


Accountability and vigilance require attention and focus. Without either of the latter, you receive none of the former.

The average Joe Cheeseburger might buy such ridiculous nonsense (as I look around, they apparently do), but I don't.



Originally posted by SaturnFX
bring it up in situations that will make a difference (discussions about future nuclear plant safety and whatnot)..


Which history repeatedly proves never really happens when such meaningful events are permitted to be hidden from public view.



Originally posted by SaturnFX
...otherwise, why stress about something fully out of your control?


Gravity, the bad taste of SPAM, and the fact that rain is wet are out of my control.


Demanding attention to the scale, significance and response to disaster is not.


Medicate yourself into oblivion and ignorance, if you feel that personally necessary. I will not be advocating the same to others.


edit on 29-8-2011 by loam because: (no reason given)


I think you misunderstand
I am not saying go into media blackout...the right people are on this already and doing whatever can be done. What isn't helpful is getting someone in podunk wyoming wound up about it with no viable action beyond..just worrying.
This is japan, the citizens there should most certainly be made aware of every aspect that is effecting them...the regulatory committee should be on top of this, but again...joe cheeseburger cant do jack about it beyond simply aware of it and when they want to plop a nuke plant in his backyard, he can then revisit the material and demand safety measures are in place.

this is a disaster that is being (poorly?) handled, but it is what it is...more media attention will not change what they are doing...24/7 cameras talking about every step some contamination unit is taking won't change anything,

Just saying, having hourly updates is unnecessary..."yep, we are still screwed" can get tedius after awhile...will go with a 10 minute weekly update to see the overall progress, not the individual steps.



posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
When you consider that reactor #3 alone contained 88 TONS of MOX fuel in the core at the time of the event, you could call this a minor leak... It could be much worse, and given TEPCO, and the Japanese government it could be.

Do the math!

If there had been explosive meltdowns in all of the leaking reactors, with the spent fuel pools exposed the radiation across the spectrum could have (can) be much, MUCH worse.... In fact we may be lucky that it is only as bad as it is now, and hope that this is the worst it gets.



posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I haven't really been following this story the way I should, but assuming that someone in the thread has, I wanted to know what the current thinking on the possibility of a melt through the container vessel of any of the reactors is.

A ground water induced explosion would, I understand, catapult this disaster into another order of magnitude greater than it already occupies.



posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX
 



Originally posted by SaturnFX
I think you misunderstand


I don't think so.

For example:



Originally posted by SaturnFX
...the right people are on this already...


Debatable.



Critics Question Competency Of Inspector General's Office At Nuclear Regulatory Commission


Originally posted by SaturnFX
...and doing whatever can be done...


Debatable.

New Data Supports Previous Fairewinds Analysis, as Contamination Spreads in Japan and Worldwide

COVER-UP: Censorship Beginning in Japan to Hide the Growing Meltdown Crisis?


Originally posted by SaturnFX
What isn't helpful is getting someone in podunk wyoming wound up about it with no viable action beyond..just worrying.


I wonder if you realize how patronizing that sounds?


Originally posted by SaturnFX
...more media attention will not change what they are doing...


And, once again, debatable.


If you wish to stick your head in the ground then do so.

But I have to wonder why, if you are so laissez faire about the actual crisis, you seem so willing to oppose those who actually have a perfectly reasonable interest in the situation?

A bit ironic, no?



edit on 29-8-2011 by loam because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
relax everyone, the levels are low.
i dont know where the hell you got 168 times hiroshima levels from.



posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf10
 



Originally posted by lonewolf10
i dont know where the hell you got 168 times hiroshima levels from.







The amount of radioactive cesium ejected by the Fukushima reactor meltdowns is about 168 times higher than that emitted in the atomic bombing of Hiroshima, the government's nuclear watchdog said Friday.

The Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency provided the estimate at the request of a Diet panel but noted that making a simple comparison between an instantaneous bomb blast and a long-term accidental leak is problematic and could lead to "irrelevant" results.

The report said the crippled Fukushima No. 1 plant has released 15,000 terabecquerels of cesium-137, which lingers for decades and can cause cancer, compared with the 89 terabecquerels released by the U.S. atomic bombing of Hiroshima.

The report estimated each of the 16 isotopes released by the "Little Boy" bomb and 31 of those detected at the Fukushima plant.

Link.



posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
so why isint this being confirmed by radiation network?



posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
people on here always say "who cares if you know catastraphe is coming if it is out of your control than what good does it do to know, just keep goin to work and doing your routine"
my problem with this is, i wanna know because i would rather spend it with the ones i love and possibly trying to make amends to others. instead of a meaningless job, for meaningless nothing. to me time is the most important thing we have, or are given at birth. nothing is more important than our time. well what you all are saying de-values this time which is in all reality all we have on this planet. so if things are coming to a conclusion i wanna know so i can spend my most valuable thing(time) with my loved ones.



posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jimbo999
 


Thank you Jimbo...now I can keep on things. I wish I would have found this a few months ago.



posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wally898
I am not surprised that there has not been a mention of this in the MSM.

We are currently on one heck of a ride that this planet has lined up for us. Things might seem scary and completely in chaos, but know that we are all well.

Don't let hopelessness consume you. You are special..WE are special.

The 'worst' that can happen is death, only the beginning of a great adventure


Be at peace



posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
ok, i guess no one cares that the actual radiation levels are nil according to radiation network.

seems everyone on here is just waiting for an ELE event to happen.

oh well, continue running around in circles again.



posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by letscit
 


I've always been pushing truth. It's just recently it seems that so many are wondering away from truth for the sake the government is saying the same.

Going the opposite of what the government says is not a guarantee to make you right. I merely provide facts when I know them, commentary when I think I know, and questions when I do not know. How the winds blow of community opinion is of no concern of mine.
edit on 29-8-2011 by Gorman91 because: le spelling
edit on 29-8-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)
edit on 29-8-2011 by Gorman91 because: le spelling



posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
If it's that many times worse, then why aren't more people dying at 168 times the rate of the bomb? I really don't understand. If it's 168 times worse, why isn't it obvious already?

I'm not doubting this. I'm only asking to understand.



posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf10
 



Originally posted by lonewolf10
so why isint this being confirmed by radiation network?


Good question.


Maybe someone should be concerned enough to find a reasonable answer.



posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf10
 


Do you mean the Radnet mentioned in this post?



Who is responsible for assuring that the system is up and running?

The EPA contracted this responsibility to a private company, Environmental Dimensions, Inc.


Environmental Dimensions, Inc (EDI) has provided maintenance for EPA’s RadNet monitoring systems under a sole-source contract which can be viewed at the end of this article. The base amount of the contract is $238,000.00. This does not include materials and travel, which is billed back to the government as needed.

The contract was awarded to what is stated as a “Woman-owned 8(a) Small Disadvantaged Business“.  The disadvantaged woman in this case is EDI company president Patricia S. Bradshaw, former Deputy Under Secretary of Defense appointed by George Bush.


This from the EDI website:


Environmental Dimensions, inc. (EDi), provides quality environmental technical support services to: the Department of Energy (DOE) and its National Laboratories; US Army Corps of Engineers; Bureau of Indian Affairs; National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, and other government and commercial entities across the nation.

EDi is a woman-owned, small disadvantaged business with over 20 years of experience and a proven track record for delivering superior project management and other related technical support services.

Our success is based on our goal to not just meet our client’s expectations, but to exceed them! This is solidified by having a complete understanding of our client’s needs and having the ability to respond to those needs in a timely manner.

We credit our ability to do so through our management’s commitment to recruit and maintain highly qualified staff. EDi is a small business with prime contracting and subcontracting experience. EDi’s professional project managers possess many years of experience delivering superior project management for multi-faceted projects.

Over our many years of doing business, we have amassed a strong reputation for on-time delivery in the following areas of expertise:

• Program Development
• Project Management
• Waste Management
• Radiological Support Services
• Site/Facility Characterization
• Decontamination & Decommissioning
• Beryllium Support Services
• Maintenance and Operations
• Instrument Rental, Calibration, and Repair
• Other Technical Support Services

Could it possibly be that the corporate management at EDI formed the company not out of an altruistic sense of patriotic duty but to cash in on inside information and connections?

Who would think that the ONLY company entrusted to monitor radiation in the United States would also have the time and manpower to be involved in so many other operations.





new topics

top topics



 
87
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

log in

join