It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LARGEST radiation release to date!!! And Fukushima radiation 168 times of Hiroshima atomic bomb!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+26 more 
posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Fukushima radiation 168 times that of Hiroshima atomic bomb

The amount of radioactive caesium that has leaked from the Fukushima Dai-ichi nuclear power plant is roughly 168 times that released by the atomic bomb the US dropped on Hiroshima in 1945, according to Japan's nuclear agency.

The Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency said the privately owned and operated plant has released 15,000 tera-becquerels of caesium-137, which lingers for decades and could cause cancer.

That compares with 89 tera-becquerels released by the US "Little Boy" uranium bomb.

And:

"...yesterday, TEPCO said it detected the highest radiation levels to date!!! ...recording 10,000 millisieverts an hour-- the maximum level the devices can even measure..."

What?!?

Hardly a peep in the media...

edit on 28-8-2011 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

+17 more 
posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I am not surprised that there has not been a mention of this in the MSM.

We are currently on one heck of a ride that this planet has lined up for us. Things might seem scary and completely in chaos, but know that we are all well.

Don't let hopelessness consume you. You are special..WE are special.

The 'worst' that can happen is death, only the beginning of a great adventure

Be at peace

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Ugh...

They say 10,000 millisieverts an hour...?
uh huh... so you know that probably means the real number is around 20,000.

The Japan nuclear industry isn't known for it's "telling the whole truth" (or an other country's nuclear industry for that matter).

Hence the "it's the highest our detectors can read" wiggle room excuse statement.

Just sayin'

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
wasnt there a new ATS thread called Fukushima SOS?

i cant find it. anyways, its amazing how MSM western media won't even touch upon Japan/Radiation news anymore.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ignant

Originally posted by ignant
wasnt there a new ATS thread called Fukushima SOS?

i cant find it.

This one? www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by CranialSponge

Yes, I thought as much too.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Judging from the absence of replies, I can see why the media ignores this disaster.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
Judging from the absence of replies, I can see why the media ignores this disaster.

well what else can be said "cancer for every1" i mean this was a horrible accident. mother nature +10 human race -1

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SpunGCake

I guess I see your point. What else can be said, huh?

Awful mess we are in...

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

It will probably continue to rise too. As I'm sure the plant is still leaking nuclear material that is going to keep getting worse.

When it comes to the media not reporting this, what can people do about this massive influx of radiation in your ecosystem? All the media would do is make people hysterical about a problem that nobody can do anything about. We currently don't have anything that will suck the radiation out of the air. There also isn't anything that anybody can really do to prepare for it either.

Let's just hope whatever containment methods they are doing will work and stop the problem from getting any worse.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

What's the big deal? Haven't you heard, radiation is good for you! Just ask Ann Coulter.

Yeah we're beyond screwed, if the biggest nuclear catastrophe in human history isn't being covered extensively by every MSM outlet, and every country on earth isn't working together to put an end to it as fast as humanly possible, then that really says a lot about humanity.

I have a challenge to the members of ATS: Tomorrow, ask 10 random people if the meltdown in Japan has been solved, and see just how aware people are about quite possibly the most damaging manmade event to ever occur.

I wonder how this compares to Chernobyl as of right now?
edit on 28-8-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Lack of media coverage,?Its hard to film radiation and a crackle from a geiger counter isnt going to cut it ,in a world where ratings rule what we see.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

US Government makes Strategic Decision to DOWNPLAY Fukushima (Arnie Gundersen) 8/14/11

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Maybe having the MSM report the truth & having people panic could possibly be horrific,
on the other hand it may cause panic which could also work on the positive side of the disaster.
Not everyone is going to panic, so the truth comes out & after people see what's really going on
we become pissed off enough to try & enforce changes across the world in how we are all being screwed by TPTB! They're are more people than them, unfortunately we don't have the powerful ammo they have, meaning
any type of weapons be it physical, mind, or Pharm. diseases.

Ektar

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Well first of all Hiroshima was hardly radioactive to begin with after the initial blast. Second of all, is there anything beyond what this link says, third of all,

xkcd.com...

Apply logic, though probably not accurate 100%

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

wait... if its 168X more than one atomic bomb... is that like 168 bombs?
Because if it is, wouldn't that be the equivalent to a nuclear war?
I was under the impression a nuclear war would result in a nuclear winter.
Am I wrong in my math?
edit on 28-8-2011 by Odessy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Odessy

Nuclear bombs are nothing compared to nuclear reactors. Nuclear bombs are practically cell phone radiation compared to reactors. This is because one is a direct release of energy, the other is slow.
edit on 28-8-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Originally posted by Gorman91
Well first of all Hiroshima was hardly radioactive to begin with after the initial blast.

M'kay. So something 168 times worse is better?

Originally posted by Gorman91
Second of all, is there anything beyond what this link says,

The amount of radioactive cesium ejected by the Fukushima reactor meltdowns is about 168 times higher than that emitted in the atomic bombing of Hiroshima, the government's nuclear watchdog said Friday.

The Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency provided the estimate at the request of a Diet panel but noted that making a simple comparison between an instantaneous bomb blast and a long-term accidental leak is problematic and could lead to "irrelevant" results.

The report said the crippled Fukushima No. 1 plant has released 15,000 terabecquerels of cesium-137, which lingers for decades and can cause cancer, compared with the 89 terabecquerels released by the U.S. atomic bombing of Hiroshima.

The report estimated each of the 16 isotopes released by the "Little Boy" bomb and 31 of those detected at the Fukushima plant.

Link.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join