It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top 10 Reasons to Believe in Jesus - Evidence for Faith

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by NeverForget

Potential brother NeverForget (you do own a spaghetti strainer? Then you are one of us).

I don't mind, if you comment on anything, I'm involved in. Go ahead.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

Originally posted by NeverForget
reply to post by bogomil

Not believe as such. I'm a secular pastafarian. I just KNOW intellectually, by applying a special branch of homecooked 'logic', that the great noodlemaster etc is 'real'....somehow.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0af45cbe0848.jpg[/atsimg]

We exercise our right, to preach his Noodley might!

edit on 29/8/2011 by NeverForget because: (no reason given)

I don't mind, if you comment on anything, I'm involved in. Go ahead.

Thanks

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Amusing thread title.

Did not read wall of text OP.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

You wrote:

["My step-son passed from Leukemia. You think I am running around saying God did it? Nope...I haven't. This is the world we have created. We meaning MAN. It can really be traumatic at times."]

Mankind didn't create leukemia or gravity. Mankind relates to such as best it can.

Quote: ["This is why we must ALL work together for the ultimate cause so we may reap the ultimate effect! It took that experience of a nightmare to awaken my family to the fact of WHO GOD really IS and who He isn't."]

That sounds sensible, except for the missing part of how any 'god' became a part of the 'equation'.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logman
Amusing thread title.

Did not read wall of text OP.

Quite; The apparent oxy-moronic nature of the title amused me too.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

I agree and thank you for understanding my point of view as well. Some people on ATS are total diehards for religion and others are evidence-based gathering for decision-making reasons people. I don't take the dying as a joke and much is to be said for that. On the other hand people need to lighten up a bit and have an open mind to things.
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

You are very welcome....I try to understand all I come in contact with. I can learn from everyone's perception and I don't consider myself any "better" than the next. I am in no way a perfect person and while I do the best I can...some days I am very lazy!

Love in your words and works is what we are here for it seems to me. This is a school for the collective minds who are still in the state of learning to "love". Putting yourself in someone's shoes allows us to feel them as we do when we are home. Empathy for the hungry, the homeless, and the child who suffers pain through abuse.

I have found there are very few people who "think" to bring in a homeless friend, feed the hungry and so on. We collectively view them as "on their own". This is where LOVE can play a bigger role. By helping each other out when the times are low as to provide some type of love whether it be clothing someone, giving someone a ride, playing with the children at the Hospital who are not only sick but possible terminal.. and so on....

this is where we all need to "be".

In the mind state of "love".

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Mankind didn't create leukemia or gravity. Mankind relates to such as best it can. Quote: ["This is why we must ALL work together for the ultimate cause so we may reap the ultimate effect! It took that experience of a nightmare to awaken my family to the fact of WHO GOD really IS and who He isn't."] That sounds sensible, except for the missing part of how any 'god' became a part of the 'equation'.
reply to post by bogomil

Man DID create it....I beg to differ. I understand it...and if you do not I can try and help you learn this truth or you can deny it all you want. The choice is yours my friend. Please know that Man is the ultimate evil( in his ways) it shows all the proof you want! Don't blame the Ultimate One for all of the "bad" in this plane of existence. We too are creators.

Maybe it isn't sensible to you because you are asking the wrong question. Don"t ask yourself how "god became a part of the equation" ask yourself how YOU became a part of the equation.
edit on 29-8-2011 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by racasan
reply to post by bogomil

Ah yes the napkin of truth – who among us, having read it would fail to understand and believe in its message!!1!!1

There are of course some who say they don’t believe - but it’s a well know fact (at lest among those who know the fact well) that they only say that because they want to continue sinning – which is fair enough I suppose

On this subject of sin, I did here of a Middle Eastern carpenter who was nailed to some wood for our sins!!!1!1 – I don’t know much more about this belief system than that, but if he did have himself nailed to something for our sins then its up to us to sin often and long – so as to make his sacrifice worthwhile!!!1!!!

I have a vague memory of having heard this story told elsewhere. But it was written on another napkin than the TRUE, authentic napkin (which I refer to), and then passed on from napkin to napkin until these last of days, where there are 34.000 different optional napkins.

To be honest, I rely on rational and objective procedure, because I'm a bit mentally lazy. The outcoming answers from the rational and objective perspective are so uniform, that you don't need a house full of napkins to have a direction in life.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

You wrote:

["We exercise our right, to preach his Noodley might!"]

Based on an overenthusiastic interpretation of the 'we', it appears you have converted. I hope un-influenced by either brother superior or by brother me. I'm all for people making their own decissions.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by bogomil

You wrote:

["We exercise our right, to preach his Noodley might!"]

Based on an overenthusiastic interpretation of the 'we', it appears you have converted. I hope un-influenced by either brother superior or by brother me. I'm all for people making their own decissions.

The "WE" refers to you and I (and whoever wishes to join us!) ; I'm all for taking part in parody of circular reasoning.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
firefox double post. delete if possible moderators

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

You wrote:

["I understand it...and if you do not I can try and help you learn this truth or you can deny it all you want."]

Without knowing what 'it' you refer to, I can only answer generally...and thusly...:

Maybe I DO understand 'it' (at least after it's been defined) and maybe not, but I will in any case decline your kind offer of guru'ism, as I'm sceptical about your methodology of putting convenient optional explanations into the reasoning chain, through promoting assumptions to axioms.

Quote: [" Please know that Man is the ultimate evil( in his ways) it shows all the proof you want!"]

This 'answer' is usually circle-argumented, and as such not part of my methodology for truth-seeking.

Quote: ["Don't blame the Ultimate One for all of the "bad" in this plane of existence."]

Part of the 'question' is, if there is such an ultimate thingy, and if that is the case, what it is. I can't blame an optional, guessed-at abstraction for anything. I just relate to the interpretations of it presented by mankind. Many of such interpretations being extremely irrational.

Quote: [" We too are creators."]

Of the sofar undefined 'it' from the beginning of your post? Details, please.

Quote: ["Maybe it isn't sensible to you because you are asking the wrong question. Don"t ask yourself how "god became a part of the equation" ask yourself how YOU became a part of the equation"]

Actually I asked YOU about how 'god' became a part of the 'equation'. I didn't ask myself, and have small intentions of doing so. As to asking myself about how I got involved, I'm working on it in my own slow way of step-by-step, without any carts before horses. It's an annoyingly pedantic way for those wantings answers yesterday already, but it has pragmatically been demonstrated to be effective.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

WTF, really now ... so it doesn't matter if i do good things ? I'm sorry for you, I really am, this will be my last reply here ...

too bad we're not in the middle ages anymore, I presume you'd burn me if I refused to believe in him, hoping that this way I will.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Trolloks

Its COGITO ergo sum. Cogito, the latin word for "I think". That was an epic FAIL

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

Oh no. i don't reduce God to an Alien in the New Testament. The OT though, that God doesn't sound like the same.

As for Jesus. I have researched the following and come to this conclusion. Hebrew tribes attacked Sumeria, adapted Sumeria's religion and made it their own. Galileans were descended from Sumerians, not Judeans (The word Judean was then replaced by the word Jew in the Bible). Therefore Jesus of Galilee is Sumerian.

This is why Jesus is depicted to look so differently than the Hebrew's/Jews. Because he was.

Now, going deeper. New Testament God operates from a much higher dimension but not the highest, or maybe the highest, this is something I'm trying to understand from all the different texts I am reading. Old Testament God is possibly a 4th dimension entity or 5th dimensional entity, having played with our genetics to create us. More and more evidence is coming to the surface to support this theory.

The reason I believe we are special is because we are given and have 'spirit'. As far as I can tell, this spirit recycles itself, possibly in order to achieve perfection or possibly just because thats the way it works. Hell does not exist. It seems Hell is a time period of reflection on all the bad things you have done throughout your lifetimes for an amount of time before your spirit is yet again recycled. Because once you leave your body and realise you are pure light and beautiful spirit you realise the horrid things you have done and it would be torture. This is Hell. It is possible those spirits that reach perfection don't get recycled and in fact move up to higher dimensions.

My journey continues.....

Oh, and the bloodline

Adam took an Earth wife and begot Seth. Seth begot Enos. Enos begot Akibeel. Akibeel begot Aruseak. Aruseak begot Kenan. Kenan begot Mahaleel. Mahaleel begot Urakinarameel. Urakibarameel begot Jared. Jared begot Henoch. Henoch begot Methusalah. Methusalah begot Lamech. Lamech begot Tamiel. Tamiel begot Danel. Danel begot Asael. Asael begot Samsaveel. Samsaveel begot Jomjael. Jomjael begot Turel. Turel begot Hamech. Hamech begot Noah. Noah begot Sem. Sem begot Arpachsad. Arpachsad begot Batrael. Batrael begot Ramuel. Ramuel begot Askeel. Askeel begot Armers. Armers begot Salah. Salah begot Eber. Eber begot Peleg. Peleg begot Regu. Regu begot Serug. Serug begot Aruseal. Aruseal begot Nahor. Nahor begot Thara. Thara begot Abram. Abram begot Jsaak. Jsaak begot Juda. Juda begot Anani. Anani begot Ertael. Ertael begot Perez. Perez begot Hezron. Hezron begot Ram. Ram begot Aminadab. Aminadab begot Savebe. Savebe begot Nahesson. Nahesson begot Sahna. Sahna begot Boas. Boas begot Obed. Obed begot Jesse. Jesse begot David. David begot Salomo. Salomo begot Asa. Asa begot Gadaeel. Gadaeel begot Josaphat. Josaphat begot Jara. Jara begot Armeneel. Armeneel begot Usia. Usia begot Jothan. Jothan begot Gadreel. Gadreel begot Ahas. Ahas begot Itiskia. Itiskia begot Manasse, Manasse begot Amon. Amon begot Josia. Josia begot Jajachin. Jajachin begot Sealthiel. Sealthiel begot Jegun. Jegun begot Serubabel. Serubabel begot Abuid. Abuid begot Eliakim. Eliakim begot Asor. Asor begot Zadok. Zadok begot Achim. Achim begot Eliud. Eliud begot Eleasar. Eleasar begot Matthan. Matthan begot Jakob. Jakob begot Joseph.

So, this suggests Joseph is a descendant of David.
edit on 29-8-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by vlady95

Out of all the replies and topics touched on this thread, you pick up a typo....

I see your priorities are in correct order.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Great thoughts here. I really enjoyed reading them.

I quoted the above because for me, this is where we find even more Truth. You never stop searching even when you have found the root of Love..... and even IF you wanted to stop...Truth continues revealing itself to you through the Creation. Creation has not stopped. There IS A PLAN that we little grasshoppers cannot grasp. We think in "human" terms and although one can say that is all we know, I say no it's not. We know a lot and we are becoming more aware. Awareness is KEY!

Sadly, It seems as though there are many people who have stopped searching. Did they stop searching or are they just "goat headed" and unwilling to believe that God is indeed "good" all the time?

If one has a heart that is seeking Truth within the reality of soul/spirit/consciousnesses then you find the Creator ...the One within and abroad. For some (me) it is common sense. So ...when I see ones making jokes and simply "not getting it" my mind is boggled. I understand we all experience and we all experience different roads and u turns and so on....but if a heart is sincere about finding the Love of God....He will assuredly find It!

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I believe that this is the bridge between atheists and christians in this thread.

"The world is like a ride in an amusement park. And when you choose to go on it, you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. And the ride goes up and down and round and round. It has thrills and chills and it's very brightly coloured and it's very loud and it's fun, for a while. Some people have been on the ride for a long time and they begin to question, is this real, or is this just a ride? And other people have remembered, and they come back to us, they say, "Hey - don't worry, don't be afraid, ever, because, this is just a ride..." And we... kill those people.

"We have a lot invested in this ride. Shut him up. Look at my furrows of worry. Look at my big bank account and my family. This just has to be real." Just a ride. But we always kill those good guys who try and tell us that, you ever notice that? And let the demons run amok. But it doesn't matter because: It's just a ride. And we can change it anytime we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings and money. A choice, right now, between fear and love. The eyes of fear want you to put bigger locks on your doors, buy guns, close yourself off. The eyes of love, instead, see all of us as one. Here's what we can do to change the world, right now, to a better ride. Take all that money that we spend on weapons and defences each year and instead spend it feeding and clothing and educating the poor of the world, which it would many times over, not one human being excluded, and we could explore space, together, both inner and outer, forever, in peace. Thank you very much, you've been great."
edit on 29-8-2011 by Trolloks because: Couldn't get the youtube thing to work

- Once again, Bill Hicks. I guessed most people would of recognised, however, can never be sure.
edit on 29-8-2011 by Trolloks because: Forgot to add his name :S

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

I SAID

Its not about being right or wrong. Its about positive and negative. A positive can cancel a negative. Two negatives make more negative. Only two positives make more positive. If you divide truth this way, you end up in one of three places: Where you are. Where you might have gone. Where you don't want to be. It is possible to assign polarity to facts. Good and evil, love and hate, humility and bias, altruism and objectivism, liberal and conservative. Hate cannot dispel hate. Only love dispels hate. Simple mathematics can eliminate pride for love. One is a negative and one is a positive. Cling to the positive and life blossoms like a flower.

YOU SAID

Pastafarians don't put so much trust in semanticism as you do. We're just "right, because we're right" without all these many flowery euphemisms. So I'm right, right. PS (-2) x (-2) = + 4. Not that it matters AT ALL, but it shows the worthlessness of allegories and especially badly chosen ones.

Two like signs become a positive sign, two unlike signs become a negative sign. But in this case, you are walking backwards in a positive direction. Why? In mathematics this is true because you are walking the numbers in opposite, but in the direction of positive. This is easy to draw the conclusion to life. How can this be true for us? A negative had to happen for our negative to become a positive.

Jesus died on a cross for your sins. Your sins are a negative. Jesus died on a cross and this is a negative that paid the price for your negative.

In math, if you owe three people $10, then you are negative $30 (3 X -10 = $-30). If they then say, "We forgive you for this debt because we love you, then you are free from that debt by another negative. You have just had three subtractions of -10, making you up three positives of $10 (-3 X -$10). Your debt is -30 + 30 = $0

Jesus died a horrible death to pay your debt and mine. I fall on my knees in appreciation for this.

He asks for our love in return.

edit on 29-8-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Prezbo369

Regardless of when such an act is carried out, it is still immoral and should be considered as such. Rape 2000 years ago is still abhorrent, genocide carried out 2000 years ago is still repugnant and torturing people forever because they didn't believe something for no good reason, is probably the most immoral (or evil) act ever conceived.

Give me your best example of this from the Bible. Just one so I can limit my answer to one instance. We could do more later. Please provide the verse reference.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join