It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top 10 Reasons to Believe in Jesus - Evidence for Faith

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Top 10 Reasons to Believe

1. Reality

When we reduce reality to its bare minimum, humans can be seen to do two things only to survive. Reduce reality to the root and you reveal the fact that we think and we move. We do nothing else apart from these two parts of our existence. Think of any life function near or far from your person and you don’t do any of it. It is all produced for you by another source. You think and you move only. From this root idea, I will show you how the rest is accomplished.

Implication: God produced Reality for our benefit.

2. Physics

Light is both a particle and a wave. If reality is created, its creation will reflect this truth from the words of a holy book. Einstein said that reality is made up of Time, Space, Matter and Energy. These four components should appear in a holy book as a prominent feature.

Genesis 1:1
In the Beginning (Time), God created the heavens (Space) and the earth (Matter). Let there be light (Energy).

Keep in mind that light is both a particle and a wave. God is said to be three persons. Father (Light), Son (Word) and Holy Spirit (Consciousness).

John 1
The Word Became Flesh
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.

3. The Image of Reality

The Bible states that we are in the image made by God. The image is the universe. The universe is a three dimensional rendering of true reality in material form. The Bible also says that we are the image of God. We can readily understand this concept from our own virtual reality simulations in the image of the computer environment. Right now, I am in the image of ATS speaking to you.

Genesis 1:27
New International Version (NIV)
27 So God created mankind in his own image,
in the image of God he created them;
male and female he created them.

4. The Trinity

As I said above, reality is produced from Light (Energy). From this energy and the wave (Word) that created all we see. We understand how the projection works if we view light as particle and wave. Light is rendered into form by the wave (force) of particle physics. The forms that are produced by God in nature—trees, plants, humans—are then enlivened by the spirit of God (Consciousness). All life has this one element that animates its existence. Consciousness is the key and is the only thing we can use as we move. God does all the rest. The projecting point between God and us is the trinity. We are all three and so is God. We are both particle and wave, making up our bodies. We are also consciousness.

5. The Soul

Society is keenly aware of the Soul. What is the soul as viewed by the process above? If we review what we know so far, the soul can be seen as the connecting point (Vessel) that holds the spirit of our consciousness and connects it to the spirit of God. The projection of the trinity allows the soul to be housed in the body, which is the vehicle from which we sense the material world.

6. Baptism of the Soul

Baptism and all other metaphors of this type in the Bible can be seen as a reflection of the elements above. Baptism represents our emersion into the water of the womb and body. In the Ancient Hebrew pictographs, water is also blood. Our blood and our spirit are material. Eventually, the blood of Jesus will allow us to transcend this material reality and be transposed into the spirit of holiness.

7. The Veil of the Soul

As I mentioned before, the soul contains the spirit. This spirit is from God. Since we are spiritual beings and divine by the connection to our source, a veil is necessary to allow us to live apart form God by faith and not fact. The Veil in the Bible covered the temple entrance. The temple entrance is an allusion to the entrance of our consciousness. This is controlled by God as we gain sentience in this life. Living requires development over spans of time. The entire Bible is written to every generation that has lived or will live. As we grow in our understanding, the veil is slowly removed. We are given glimpses into the future by God in the form of prophecy. This is a peek into the forethought of God behind the veil of reality.

8. Circumcision of the Heart

Circumcision is an allusion to the cutting away of the pride that rules our behavior. Good and evil cannot be absent if a newly created sentient beings are to have free will. One is necessary to reflect upon the other. Since we are artificial creations, our consciousness must be developed. This development is accomplished by means of doing. Confucius said the following:

“I hear and I forget. I see and I learn. I do and I understand.”

9. The Flaming Sword and All Consuming Fire

Genesis 3:24

After he drove the man out, he placed on the east side of the Garden of Eden cherubim and a flaming swordflashing back and forth to guard the way to the tree of life.

Pride is to mankind as consciousness is to needs. This should be a familiar way to understand relationships if you have ever taken a standardized test in school. Pride is the tool that God uses as a means to cut away the sin in our hearts. Circumcision is the process that God uses to signify that our souls have been cut by the flaming sword. This is the consuming fire that refines our heart and soul. The refiner's fire is the process of spiritual alchemy that removes the impurities of consciousness. If the sword is successful, our pride is removed and we begin to see others as equal. Prejudice is removed and a heart of flesh is put in place of the hardened heart of stone. Love is the result and we begin to see others in equality. We can finally see that we are all one in the bond of love with God as the good Shepherd. Abundance and life are the result after finding the path to heaven in love.

10. Salvation from the Material World

Salvation involves judgment. A final judgment implies other judgments before. As I said earlier, the entire Bible was written to all generations who have lived or will live again. No matter how you see reincarnation, all believers understand it truth. Jesus said, “You must be born again.” In other words, it is not an option. You will be born again.

A typical Christian understands that the soul is placed in the body. A Christian also understands that we will be placed in a new body, or incarnated again as Christ was transposed into his new body. This is two incarnations. The question is a simple one. What is salvation? If we read John 3 carefully, we see that there are two ways to be born again.

One way is to be born into the water. How many times can we be born (baptized) into the water (material world)? This is hard to know as we are under the veil. Maybe once and possibly many times. Jesus said that we must be born of the water and the spirit. This reveals the second way to be born again. We must experience rebirth into the spirit. How does this happen?

Our spirit and our soul reside in this body to experience the material world. The first union that takes place in this process is the love of two individuals and the union of sperm and egg. New life then grows in the womb of the female and is born into this world. Here is the key to understand the final step:

The soul and the spirit must gain union in love. If we find love for the spirit of God and we gain union with God in the womb of the earth as we develop, then we are born again into the tree of life above. The flaming sword that protects the tree of life must do its work on our soul. Once the soul has been cleansed by the baptism of the material world, the spirit reaches out to God in love and gains union with the Holy Spirit of God. We are saved. Love is the key. We must love God and we must love others—even our enemies. Luke 10 tells this secret if you would like to know how to find love.

Now we understand the significance of the veil being torn when Jesus was crucified. He came to slowly reveal these facts to our consciousness. By his death, we see the sacrifice that was made. Greater love hath no man than this: Christ died for you.

11. Bonus

I know I said 10, but there are thousands. I’ll give you one more. Abram became Abraham when he was willing to sacrifice his Son to God. This is an illusion to the sacrifice of self to God. The self is the idol we worship. It must be removed in place of the Holy Spirit of God. When Abram became Abraham, the letter ‘Hey’ in Hebrew was added to his name. The letter ‘Hey’ is the Ancient Hebrew Pictograph of a man with his arms outstretched to God.

John 14

5 Thomas said to him, “Lord, we don’t know where you are going, so how can we know the way?”

6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

7 If you really know me, you will know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him.”

edit on 28-8-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Thats great but why did god create us? for what purpose? is he bored or something?

Why not go and create a games console and play with it, instead of creating humans who torture, murder and destroy human life and innocent animal's

If god is real then he truly is one sick brother, and I wont be worshipping him period.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by roughycannon
Thats great but why did god create us? for what purpose? is he bored or something?

Why not go and create a games console and play with it, instead of creating humans who torture, murder and destroy human life and innocent animal's

If god is real then he truly is one sick brother, and I wont be worshipping him period.

God is not selfish. Love is the key. We would rather go play a video game because we are selfish in our pride. God bestows His love on others and with equality. He defends, protects and honors this for those who love Him. Satan steals, kills and destroys. This is the result that follows pride. We are incapable of cutting the pride out ourselves. Seeking God is necessary. We might as well go play video games if we want to stick to the pride. God is not like this. Love is his aim.

Great question.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I just dont get the whole "worship" thing.

God's sitting around there's no universe or anything and he thinks 'I've got a sick little game I can play...'

"First I will create the universe and then man and I will get them to fight each other until they believe in me..."

God's wife replies "Why dont you just create the universe and man then make it so they believe in you anyway and live peaceful life's?"

God says "where the fun in that?"

This doesn't sound like the kind of god we should worship it the kind we should up-rise against.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
"I believe the bible is the exact word of god"
"No its not dad, and I can prove it to you. Go get your bible"
"OK"
"What does it say on the cover?"
"Holy Bible"
"What else?"
"King James Version"
"I rest my case"
- Bill Hicks.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

once again, a misleading title for a quite elaborate and well-crafted OP! while the OP contains arguments that deserves attention, it doesn't contain Evidence as the title claims.

addition: what will you do when you find out there is no god? that you've been devoting your energy to a human invention?
edit on 28-8-2011 by NeverSleepingEyes because: addition

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by NeverSleepingEyes

once again, a misleading title for a quite elaborate and well-crafted OP! while the OP contains arguments that deserves attention, it doesn't contain Evidence as the title claims.

Evidence is not proof. Facts about God are not proof, but can be seen as evidence of the obvious. Faith comes from reducing reality to the root. Once the root is found, the proof is not necessary.

addition: what will you do when you find out there is no god? that you've been devoting your energy to a human invention?

I will have loved my family, produced benefit for others and ordered my life according to honor. Apart from the truth of love, we only have pride. This is self-love. I would rather be wrong and live correctly.

Can a person live correctly apart from God? Yes. But faith in God is the love that produces union with the spirit. Works cannot save you. Why not take the chance on love? God reveals Himself to those who love Him with a honest intentions. No duplicity can be present. In other words, we cannot love God if we are seeking reward. We cannot love God if we are wanting to avoid punishment. This is duplicity, saying one thing but desiring another. Love for God requires only good as its own reward.

I seek good as its own reward and attribute this to the root of what comes after. God is the source of all streams that flow and all roots that branch out from infinity. Nature reveals this in abundance.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trolloks
"OK"
"Holy Bible"
"What else?"
"King James Version"
"I rest my case"
- Bill Hicks.

The Bible is the reflection (image) of the Word of God. The Living Word is Jesus (Logos). The Bible contains God and man in the image. We reflect on the Bible and see ourselves in the reflection, as in a mirror. If you only see man in the Bible, you are only looking for yourself in the reflection. Pride causes this self to be the one you love. God is there as well and must be found apart from pride. Knock and the door will be opened. Just don't expect to find God in love if you do not love Him. If you seek a mate in life, will they give you the time of day if you are focused on your own self-love? Can you love another if you are only filled with love for yourself? This is the Genesis 3 pride.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuperiorEd

Evidence is not proof. Facts about God are not proof, but can be seen as evidence of the obvious. Faith comes from reducing reality to the root. Once the root is found, the proof is not necessary.

Cognito Ergo Sum - Descartes. You seem to be using the same method here to get to proving gods existence. Yet, as Descartes found out, the only thing that he knows can truly exist is his own conciousness, "i think, therefore i am". By your logic, this disproves the existence of God and reality itself, the only thing that can be proven to exist when taking everything out apart from the root is your conciousness and yours alone.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   

I would agree until you get to Jesus. While I do believe he was a great Prophet answer me this...Why wouldnt Jesus allude to the fact that he was God...he never said worship me....he never said My father who art in heaven he said our making it sound like we were equals....he never said hallowed be our names because he is God right? Our Kingdom come...Our will be done....why not? Remember Jesus had a writer in his disciples why arent his books in the bible? ANd Jerimiah 10 10 i think....thats talking about Xmas...and not to do it....so why did the God of the Old say that and the God of the New alludes nothing to doing this and yet we do it....and your evidence is no more of the evidence i could get from the Quran...which says things about the galaxy always expanding....or the stages of a fetus to baby...chromosomes needed to make children...word number associations....such as man 23 times woman 23 times child 46 times....science can at least back some of the claims in that book....but biblicly the facts are wrong and monotheism and trinitarianism are too different things as well....book of Jude in my interpretation because lets all face it its all interpreted by dif people to mean dif things...is telling us to not go along with Paul and get out of this garbage....just as interpret the phrase that all plant that give seed should be used a meat whats that Gen 3 i think....thats pro mary jane...it gives seed....so many contradictions so many payments with cut off penises and cut up prostitutes and angels bangin chicks in the old testament....and notice the biblical God impregnated alot of women...and always when they husband was away....I do believe in God but not in mans crappy interpretation of him....And Jesus did not say bow and worship me...he didnt say that we burn in hell if we didnt give our lives to him....he said follow me....meaning listen and do as i do....which meant going directly to God did the disciples pray to Jesus when he was around....i dont see anything about that....rant and a rave sorry...I work at a hotel many pastors come in and rent rooms and give me their little pamphlets and when i ask questions they dont have answers or dont have the time...understandable but hey isnt saving souls and preaching to the blind their job....then a hooker comes in asks for they room number and its on .....so im saying this....what proof outside of pauls books who wasnt even around and i believe Jesus said soon their will be some who say theres the Christ therse the Christ and he said they are liars....Paul showed up....and somehow his ministry overtook the ministry of Jesus and his disciples...and if thats the case and Paul is right about Jesus....only one church in Revelation has the candlestick and thats the asian church....why? everyone else followed Paul....but Paul said all of asia rejected me....so on words alone....it looks like we've been wrong what say you? this isnt meant to sound argumentative just many questions and no answers....

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   

1. Quote: ["Implication: God produced Reality for our benefit."]

It's more like an assumption.

2. Quote: ["Genesis 1:1
In the Beginning (Time), God created the heavens (Space) and the earth (Matter). Let there be light (Energy). .......Keep in mind that light is both a particle and a wave. God is said to be three persons. Father (Light), Son (Word) and Holy Spirit (Consciousness)."]

Which has nothing to do whatsoever with real physics.

3. Quote: [" The Image of Reality"]

Which is better and more precisely described in e.g. buddhism, concerning the 'virtual reality' hypothesis.

4. The Trinity. Quote: ["As I said above, reality is produced from Light (Energy). From this energy and the wave (Word) that created all we see."]

Even with the best will for symbolic interpretations, 'words' have nothing to do with direct electromagnetic manifestations.

5. Quote: [" Society is keenly aware of the Soul."]

Not my part of society.

6. Quote: ["Baptism and all other metaphors of this type in the Bible can be seen as a reflection of the elements above. Baptism represents our emersion into the water of the womb and body."]

Symbolism can bring anything anywhere for anyone.

7. Quote: ["As I mentioned before, the soul contains the spirit. This spirit is from God."]

Assumptions on top of assumptions. What happened to the 'evidence'-part.

8. Quote: ["Circumcision is an allusion to the cutting away of the pride that rules our behavior. Good and evil cannot be absent if a newly created sentient beings are to have free will. One is necessary to reflect upon the other."]

By postulating a set of 'absolute', self-proclaimed ethical rules. So 'good' and 'bad' refers circle-argumentated back to the its own premises.

9. Quote: ["After he drove the man out, he placed on the east side of the Garden of Eden cherubim and a flaming swordflashing back and forth to guard the way to the tree of life."]

The mythology 'proves' itself. Napkin'ism: "It's true, because it's written here, that it's true".

10. Quote: ["Salvation involves judgment."]

'Criteria' is probably a more allround suitable word. And criteria-finding is a tad more extensive than citing mythology.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   

"OK"
"Holy Bible"
"What else?"
"King James Version"
"I rest my case"
- Bill Hicks.

The Bible is the reflection (image) of the Word of God. The Living Word is Jesus (Logos). The Bible contains God and man in the image. We reflect on the Bible and see ourselves in the reflection, as in a mirror. If you only see man in the Bible, you are only looking for yourself in the reflection. Pride causes this self to be the one you love. God is there as well and must be found apart from pride. Knock and the door will be opened. Just don't expect to find God in love if you do not love Him. If you seek a mate in life, will they give you the time of day if you are focused on your own self-love? Can you love another if you are only filled with love for yourself? This is the Genesis 3 pride.

The bible is King James's reflection on another translated reflection of another heavily edited reflection of the words of god. You can see how much would of been changed and lost or misrepresentated through the years.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Cognito Ergo Sum - Descartes. You seem to be using the same method here to get to proving gods existence. Yet, as Descartes found out, the only thing that he knows can truly exist is his own conciousness, "i think, therefore i am". By your logic, this disproves the existence of God and reality itself, the only thing that can be proven to exist when taking everything out apart from the root is your conciousness and yours alone.

It's quite a mouthfull isn't it. Pragmatic solipsism.

edit on 28-8-2011 by bogomil because: wrong pasting

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by roughycannon

"First I will create the universe and then man and I will get them to fight each other until they believe in me..." God's wife replies "Why dont you just create the universe and man then make it so they believe in you anyway and live peaceful life's?"

You are looking at this in human terms. What's in it for us is the point. God needs nothing, so what's in it for Him is meaningless. God is infinity at rest. When all of infinity is sifted, the point of it all becomes love. Love is the meaning of all that can be known. God produces the universe, full of life, for one reason--LOVE. He bestows this love to us and expects the same. Since we are artificial creations, sentience must be developed by repeating the process that infinity took to divide the light from the darkness. Genesis says that God's first task was to divide the light form the darkness. This task is necessary to understand.

Confucisu: "I hear and I forget. I see and I learn. I do and I understand."

You must look at this from the Creator's standpoint. He needs nothing but gives it all to us. WOW! That is amazing to realize. We must be humble before him and not prideful and arrogant. He expects us to follow Him, not our own weak reasoning. The opportunity and information are provided to lead the way if we only calm our hearts and look to Him as the Good Shepherd.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   

You wrote:

["When all of infinity is sifted, the point of it all becomes love."]

How do you "sift infinity"?

Us pastafarians have spaghetti-strainers as a holy symbol. Something like that?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

It's quite a mouthfull isn't it. Pragmatic solipsism. Cognito Ergo Sum - Descartes. You seem to be using the same method here to get to proving gods existence. Yet, as Descartes found out, the only thing that he knows can truly exist is his own conciousness, "i think, therefore i am". By your logic, this disproves the existence of God and reality itself, the only thing that can be proven to exist when taking everything out apart from the root is your conciousness and yours alone.

Descartes also gave us the idea for the movie the Matrix. Again, we reduce all we know from the Eastern Way, Western abstract philosophy (Truth) and what we know about life. If we do this by rightly dividing truth, we see that all of them point to one root. Descartes was a man like you and me. Jesus was not a man like you and me. This is evident from the depth of His words. Beyond anything that "The Way" of the east or the "Truth" of the west can produce, Jesus defines what moving beyond Buddha's and Plato's enlightenment means:

John 14:6

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Simplicity by divine thought.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

How do you "sift infinity"? Us pastafarians have spaghetti-strainers as a holy symbol. Something like that?

We are doing it my friend. The spaghetti monster god is a start. You may have a miles to travel if you start with him. Start back at the root and work your way the other direction. What I say in the OP is the root of knowledge. From there, read the Bible with a heart of love for the one who created you. The pastafarian god of spaghetti will see like a wet noodle when you finish.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
If he needs nothing and gives it all to us, but what if we dont want it?

I dont want to live in a universe where little girls put kittens in the oven and cook them alive.

If I was god I would take one look at this place and delete it, if he is all powerful then he has a choice whether or not there is a universe why doesn't he just remove it? we wouldn't care because we wouldn't exist.

He needs nothing and gives it all to us, I dont want it take it back.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

It's quite a mouthfull isn't it. Pragmatic solipsism.

Any 'ism' you wish to start with will allow you to eventually travel the spiral to the root. Better to start with the root and then look out at the illusion of the rest. Love is the root. Its all that matters.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by roughycannon
If he needs nothing and gives it all to us, but what if we dont want it?

I dont want to live in a universe where little girls put kittens in the oven and cook them alive.

If I was god I would take one look at this place and delete it, if he is all powerful then he has a choice whether or not there is a universe why doesn't he just remove it? we wouldn't care because we wouldn't exist.

He needs nothing and gives it all to us, I dont want it take it back.

There is a good answer to this. If you have a child, and she doesn't turn out just as you expect, do you delete her? If you love her, you do all you can to assist her growth. Nothing can be destroyed if "You must be born again." This is divine justice. We cannot begin to understand now what it will be like to reflect back and connect the dots. God is love and our image of Him is distorted. We have an adversary to overcome that seeks to steal, kill and destroy. This enemy is not God. He can only honor, protect and defend. There is purpose in it all, even if our lacking minds do not get the picture under the veil.

Context is developed by participation in these discussions and can end in obvious truth. Use the present context to understand these verses while it is fresh in your mind:

Romans 5

1 Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we[a] have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, 2 through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we boast in the hope of the glory of God. 3 Not only so, but we[c] also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; 4 perseverance, character; and character, hope. 5 And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.
6 You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. 7 Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous person, though for a good person someone might possibly dare to die. 8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

9 Since we have now been justified by his blood, how much more shall we be saved from God’s wrath through him! 10 For if, while we were God’s enemies, we were reconciled to him through the death of his Son, how much more, having been reconciled, shall we be saved through his life! 11 Not only is this so, but we also boast in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received reconciliation.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join