It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top 10 Reasons to Believe in Jesus - Evidence for Faith

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperiorEd
reply to post by RanDeLv2

The first article I ever wrote on truth and reality had this as the main thesis: "No matter where we go, there we will be, and until we realize that we can only be where we go, we will only be where we are." LINK

God calls us. We can call on Him in times of need and he will answer. Until He calls you, you will not recognize the voice. I am not suggesting that you are called or not called. I am not suggesting that you cannot call on God. Anyone can at any time. He will answer, but don't expect the answer to be anything other than the flaming sword removing your pride.

My point is that God will only reveal truth to a soul that has been humbled by instruction and faith. The flaming sword protects the tree of life. Access comes form allowing the sword to work. Pride will keep you from the tree of life until pride is removed.

You can think and you can move in life. Nothing more. Where you are depends on where you go. God is always drawing you near. That doesn't mean you will respond. This conversation here is no mistake. God works in us all.

Well, I went to your site and read your essay. How can you write an essay on Truth and not talk about Greek philosophy?

You are a pseudo philosopher. You have a religious agenda and it destroys your credibility.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by KeepYourAnonymity

So god bestowes his love on us? I don't see any "love" for poverty stricken areas, and yet by contradiction, most people in poverty stricken areas believe in a "God".

God has met every need according to his plan for man. We are the ones who changed course from our pride and arrogance. Apart form your body and everything else in the universe, you are merely your thoughts and your movement. We are all bound to these two. We do none of the other outside of our thoughts. God's original plan for us was to place us in the garden in peace. We had one rule. Love God enough to not eat of the tree of knowledge without His will. This is still the rule. We are to look to Him for guidance. The world is a mixed bag of this perspective. God has done His part. We do ours.

You say evidence in your title, however they are assumption and opinions based around what you believe. Isn't God supposed to show love, and respect? As you believe in him, you post threads on the internet trying to turn people towards belief in this mythical being, when in reality, you shouldn't care for what other people believe,

My job isn't to turn people to God. I can only bear witness to what I know. God does the turning. Respect is humility and love for others. Love requires God to honor, protect and defend His people. We each choose our place in God's family. Apart from God, the adversary steals, kills and destroys.

Another random thought, if you break down reality to its very root, it is only a root, which means I should worship plants and trees and stuff, correct?

Knowledge and linguistics branch like a tree. The root is a figurative way of saying the simplest terms. Love is the simplest term for God. Read 1 Corinthians 13. Pride is the opposite of this and represents the part where I was speaking of stealing, killing and destroying. We choose our side in this life. Evil or good. Are you evil just because you don't believe in God? Not at all. We are all sinners equally. The point is, anyone can be a sinner. To overcome this world, we must love God. This love is evidenced by loving others. God is one of the others. If you say you love others, but hate God, then you do not love anyone. God is the root. Love is the root. They meet and we can join in if we make the choice to allow the change. Knock and the door opens.

IMHO, I will not believe in a being, without any proof. If you can find a toenail of God, and link it back to him and his mighty nailclippers, I will believe. Society today is based off "Seeing is believing" if you cannot see, it is not real.

Good post though, S&F

Thank you. You don't need to believe in God to have proof. You need to ask God. Knock. That's it. Proof is not needed. God speaks to you from the other side of the door. It even opens. Faith comes from this choice to open your arms. When Abram was asked to sacrifice His son Isaac, this symbolizes him sacrificing what he dearly loves. For us, this is our selfish pride. When Abram nearly went through with this, God stopped him and provided a lamb in place of what he loved dearly. In other words, we really don't lose our self in the process. We gain God's grace in faith.

The Hebrew letter 'Hey' is the fifth letter of the Hebrew Alphabet. God added this letter to Abram's name, making it Abraham. The Hey in the Ancient Hebrew is a pictograph of a man standing with his arms open to God.

LINK

Explore the site. Download the fonts from here. You need them to see the pictographs. LINK
edit on 28-8-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by yadda333

You are a pseudo philosopher. You have a religious agenda and it destroys your credibility.

You are in a religious forum. Did you get lost?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I guess im to much of an "Atheist" to care and read all that..
edit on 28-8-2011 by SevenOhhTwo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
So can you please Clarify somthing for me??

Im guessing (although may be wrong) you are christian?

Why not be jewish then?... like if God is real, and you follow the christian religon.. then you are aware this is the following of the teachings of Jesus?

But jesus was a Jew? so Jew's then logically have the actual religon? otherwise Jesus wouldnt be a Jew as he would then be following a flase religon?
Same question goes out to any muslims... Jews exsisted first, most storied based in Religous books for Christians and Muslims are storied from the Jewish holy texts... so surley that means.. the Jews-ish religon exsisted, then you (not specifically you but someone) decided they didnt quite like certain rules so they made an offshoot of the religon.. and thus it is not the teachings of God but a personal human based variation.

This has always been my issue with religon, i was brought up as a catholic, i never understood protestants..

its all in thename, the religon was changed to suit the views of who it suited at the time (the king) then it has had many changes in the forms of all the varients of christians in the bible belt in America....

Why can religous bashers not understand this does not make any sense... Either you beleive in God and thus the Root religon all the other religons stem off HAS to be the right one as it was taught by God to the Choosen people?

Can someone clarify for me how any of ther christian religons could possibly be the correct religon then? did God change his mind and decided to teach somthing else?

like possibly gave the jews there version when drunk.. woke up and thought... damn they took that litterally i know.. i'll send my boy J-dog to teach them what i actually meant, then when he died like me damn it.. do it again M-dizzle go teach them about Islam instead.. this time, try not to be literal and also.. back to the Jew Rule no bacon.. thos kids following my boy like bacon too mcuh....??

See my point.. Your (in any form) God is not that guy, does not have hommies and does not get drunk so why would he have made mistakes in religon?

And so we are clear.. the tripe which has been brought up before about the religons being corrupted and what not so starting again with the variant of God worshipping doesnt make any sense, why would an omnipitent super guy that transends time and space make a mistake??

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by roughycannon

Nature in and of its self has elements of perfection
and in my opinion god created free will for the purpose of love.

If man were to adorn god out of a forceful will how would
god know that what it is doing is true and good, it would be brain washing.

To answer your question;

It is not God who creates Evil. It is Man-made greed, ignorance, selfishness and stupidity
that causes most of the world suffering you see in countries.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

No offense but the reason I quit religion is that they keep saying the same things over and over again with never anything different. Oh they dream up slightly changing themes but always inside the sermon is the same old things. It truly takes a lot of faith to stay with something that is so devoid of intellectual requirement. I've decided that God is not the problem but people are. Where people make Him so incredibly complex and demanding ignoring them rids our view of the truth of it. God is Love. People forget that too much and rant about all the peripheral complexities.

Can we believe in God without being turned into zombies please? Throw away all scripture and think.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   

My job isn't to turn people to God. I can only bear witness to what I know. God does the turning.

i concur.

great thread! i've thoroughly enjoyed reading through this one.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   

I believe Jesus was Sumerian.
edit on 29-8-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by trailertrash

Honestly, the scriptures are great and can have so many different meanings. It doesn't mean those meanings should conflict with one another.

I like replacing the word Angel with Higher Being or Ancient Alien. I also enjoyed reading the Book of Enoch. Ezekiel is great.

But.

Genesis 1:26 is such a great mind boggler. And God said Let Us make man in Our image, after Our likeness. I mean imagine it.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin

I believe Jesus was Sumerian.
edit on 29-8-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

I've not seen any evidence for this, although I would assume it is possible the bloodline of Mary was somewhere connected. Sumerian culture predated the flood. Jesus should be a decedent of Noah through Mary. We don't know what culture Noah was in, so it is only possible to say there is some connection over the span of 4000 years. By this time, the cultures in Israel are only what they were by the seed of Abraham.

As for Jesus on the other side of the union, He is the seed (first fruits) of the Holy Spirit. He was only half of the seed of mankind, but still fully human. I assume there is a difference or upgrade in the DNA that was used, although I have never hear this discussed before. The Bible clearly states that the Holy Spirit impregnated Mary. If another male seed was not used, science indicates that only a female can be born to a single female egg.

I would probably say no on the Sumerian thing and just go with what the Bible has revealed. He was Hebrew and Holy Spirit in combination. When he said, "you must be born again", this gives new meaning. We are given the fruit of the Holy Spirit as well in our rebirth. Given what we currently know of DNA, this is entirely the process that should be used. We are redeemed by the blood of Jesus, literally.

There are so many good reasons to have faith in the hope that God offers. Reducing him to an alien only minimizes the fact that He created the entire universe. We cannot reduce infinity. I think it would be safer to assume we are the alien to him. All an alien is can be reduced to differences in ethnicity by the coding of DNA. All life should be related to God from the root and source. In this sense, we are all in the same family as God. Since He is the oldest member, He has the most wisdom to share with those He loves. I give the benefit of doubt to Him every time.

edit on 29-8-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Many animals have legs, and in different numbers. This clearly proves an intentional diversity in existence, as intent is intent....can anyone prove to me, that intent is not intent..... and the consequent legging around also proves that there is a direction in existence.....no-one can deny that direction is direction....

Now when I clearly have proved, that there is diversity, direction and legging, it's not far off the mark to se, that the only possibly explanation of existence is what I cook together in my very own mindset, because I, Bogomil, have discovered and demonstrated some hitherho unknown truths, surpassing both science and the sages of old.

From legging around, it's easy to make a semantic identification with lagging, it's only one small letter. But why do some lag, and others not. The last shall be the first first, that's why.

And now I have come to my revolutionary revelation.....The great noodlemaster is the primal cause, and the flying spaghetti monster is the creator of this cosmos.

Those with endarkened minds may well ask: Why? Is that? So?

By regarding the striving from and towards things (being first or last), this is like straining also. And pastafarians have spaghetti strainers as their holy symbol. Point one in a chain of '2012 ways of why I'm right'.

Pastafarianism is the latest major religion to arise. Admittedly it isn't VISIBLY major now, but that's because people are blind to spiritual truth, and as the last it shall be the first.

With as much logic as I could muster and find suitable for this thread, I have hereby, as a representative of a recognized religion (pastafarianism) used my right to free religious expression and challenged the christian self-validation manifested on this thread.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin
reply to post by trailertrash

Honestly, the scriptures are great and can have so many different meanings. It doesn't mean those meanings should conflict with one another.

I like replacing the word Angel with Higher Being or Ancient Alien. I also enjoyed reading the Book of Enoch. Ezekiel is great.

But.

Genesis 1:26 is such a great mind boggler. And God said Let Us make man in Our image, after Our likeness. I mean imagine it.

I try to take all the writings of man into my mind and then reduce them by rightly dividing their essence against the biblical narrative. This allows me to reduce the incorrect from the correct. There are so many good thoughts from the pages of antiquity. Rumi the Sufi is amazing. The Dhammapada from Buddhism is a must read for anyone. The Tao Te Ching is great to ponder. The Gospel of Thomas is equally amazing. None of these are the true words of God. Jesus is the only true word. He was the Living Word.

The problem is, many people take only one source as truth and then stop, build religion around one idea. The point is not to stop until you get to the root. When it's all sifted, the root is easily seen as the Living Word of God--Jesus. Follow the root to the source and you find God as the Father of it all. Jesus said He is the way, truth and life. The way is the Eastern concrete thought process. The truth is the Western abstract. The life is the connection between provided by Jesus (Logos / Word / Wave of creation).

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

Many animals have legs, and in different numbers. This clearly proves an intentional diversity in existence, as intent is intent....can anyone prove to me, that intent is not intent..... and the consequent legging around also proves that there is a direction in existence.....no-one can deny that direction is direction....

Now when I clearly have proved, that there is diversity, direction and legging, it's not far off the mark to se, that the only possibly explanation of existence is what I cook together in my very own mindset, because I, Bogomil, have discovered and demonstrated some hitherho unknown truths, surpassing both science and the sages of old.

It is interesting you used intent. Intention is much different. Intent is what God possesses for creation. Let me explain.

Intention is a determination to act in a certain way. Intent is different. Intent is something that is intended; purpose; design. So, when you use intent, you are appropriately describing God. We, however, mostly have intention. We have the determination in our mind that something should be rather than is. God is and we can become. We are becoming. This is the difference.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

From legging around, it's easy to make a semantic identification with lagging, it's only one small letter. But why do some lag, and others not. The last shall be the first first, that's why.

And now I have come to my revolutionary revelation.....The great noodlemaster is the primal cause, and the flying spaghetti monster is the creator of this cosmos.

The first shall be last and the last shall be first. This is so true. If we put our own pride first, we will be last in the eyes of God. If we put our own pride last in serving others, then we are first in the eyes of God. Why would it be any different? Once we grow in our understanding, this is a natural progression in our development. As conscious expands beyond the childish nature to the mature mindset of wisdom and knowledge from the examples in nature, we begin to overcome the pride as awareness expands. Awareness expands from the starting point of being centered in self and then reaches outward to others. God's awareness is universally expanded beyond the outer reaches of infinity. We choose the direction we take. We can either shrink our awareness to self only, or we can expand and serve a larger interest beyond our own. My choice is to expand and be the benefit in every circumstance. This is God's example, so I will follow His leading.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   

reply to post by bogomil

The first shall be last and the last shall be first. This is so true. If we put our own pride first, we will be last in the eyes of God. If we put our own pride last in serving others, then we are first in the eyes of God. Why would it be any different? Once we grow in our understanding, this is a natural progression in our development. As conscious expands beyond the childish nature to the mature mindset of wisdom and knowledge from the examples in nature, we begin to overcome the pride as awareness expands. Awareness expands from the starting point of being centered in self and then reaches outward to others. God's awareness is universally expanded beyond the outer reaches of infinity. We choose the direction we take. We can either shrink our awareness to self only, or we can expand and serve a larger interest beyond our own. My choice is to expand and be the benefit in every circumstance. This is God's example, so I will follow His leading.

I am glad to see, that we thus agree, that us pastafarians are right, and that everybody else are wrong.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

I am glad to see, that we thus agree, that us pastafarians are right, and that everybody else are wrong.

Only on opposite day Patrick.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   

reply to post by bogomil

Like you, I AM also ABSOLUTELY right, and I don't make deals of truths on alternate days. So once more: Pastafarians got it. No-one else.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by bogomil

reply to post by bogomil

Like you, I AM also ABSOLUTELY right, and I don't make deals of truths on alternate days. So once more: Pastafarians got it. No-one else.

Its not about being right or wrong. Its about positive and negative. A positive can cancel a negative. Two negatives make more negative. Only two positives make more positive. If you divide truth this way, you end up in one of three places: Where you are. Where you might have gone. Where you don't want to be. It is possible to assign polarity to facts. Good and evil, love and hate, humility and bias, altruism and objectivism, liberal and conservative. Hate cannot dispel hate. Only love dispels hate. Simple mathematics can eliminate pride for love. One is a negative and one is a positive. Cling to the positive and life blossoms like a flower.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by bogomil

reply to post by bogomil

Its not about being right or wrong. Its about positive and negative. A positive can cancel a negative. Two negatives make more negative. Only two positives make more positive. If you divide truth this way, you end up in one of three places: Where you are. Where you might have gone. Where you don't want to be. It is possible to assign polarity to facts. Good and evil, love and hate, humility and bias, altruism and objectivism, liberal and conservative. Hate cannot dispel hate. Only love dispels hate. Simple mathematics can eliminate pride for love. One is a negative and one is a positive. Cling to the positive and life blossoms like a flower.

Pastafarians don't put so much trust in semanticism as you do. We're just "right, because we're right" without all these many flowery euphemisms.

So I'm right, right.

PS (-2) x (-2) = + 4.

Not that it matters AT ALL, but it shows the worthlessness of allegories and especially badly chosen ones.
edit on 29-8-2011 by bogomil because: PS added and edited

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join