It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top 10 Reasons to Believe in Jesus - Evidence for Faith

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

2. Quote: ["Genesis 1:1
In the Beginning (Time), God created the heavens (Space) and the earth (Matter). Let there be light (Energy). .......Keep in mind that light is both a particle and a wave. God is said to be three persons. Father (Light), Son (Word) and Holy Spirit (Consciousness)."]

Which has nothing to do whatsoever with real physics.

Physics begins with these four characteristics.

4. The Trinity. Quote: ["As I said above, reality is produced from Light (Energy). From this energy and the wave (Word) that created all we see."]

Even with the best will for symbolic interpretations, 'words' have nothing to do with direct electromagnetic manifestations.

Word is the only description that could possibly bring to mind an accurate description of information management and streaming data to govern physics. This is the duality of light. All particles have an associated wave. To the ancient mind and to ours, this is a brilliant metaphor.

6. Quote: ["Baptism and all other metaphors of this type in the Bible can be seen as a reflection of the elements above. Baptism represents our emersion into the water of the womb and body."]

Symbolism can bring anything anywhere for anyone.

Symbolism is the only way to save detail and bring meaning to match current understanding. Symbols are true in all ages and will accurately match the knowledge of the day. Again, God is brilliant in His use of symbol to fit our understanding of what cannot be fully comprehended.

8. Quote: ["Circumcision is an allusion to the cutting away of the pride that rules our behavior. Good and evil cannot be absent if a newly created sentient beings are to have free will. One is necessary to reflect upon the other."]

By postulating a set of 'absolute', self-proclaimed ethical rules. So 'good' and 'bad' refers circle-argumentated back to the its own premises.

9. Quote: ["After he drove the man out, he placed on the east side of the Garden of Eden cherubim and a flaming swordflashing back and forth to guard the way to the tree of life."]

The mythology 'proves' itself. Napkin'ism: "It's true, because it's written here, that it's true".

There are simply too many perfect sequences of information in the Bible that all relate to all days and ages. This is divine inspiration and always surpasses current science. Man has never produced this type of information. We only know, in this day and age, what the benefits of circumcision are to the adult. We also now know why the foreskin is there in the first place for the child. In babies, it protects from faeces and abrasion in the womb. Only in this day and age could we know. Antiquity could not have know. Circumcision of the heart is a parallel which likely made no sense to the minds of men up until this day and age. Why would God match the two together? We now know the significance as we are just finding out the science behind the foreskin. The odds of such a coincidence are incalculable. Add this to the millions of other alignments of information matching nature and you have evidence. Clear and simple. Link

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Trolloks

The bible is King James's reflection on another translated reflection of another heavily edited reflection of the words of god. You can see how much would of been changed and lost or misrepresentated through the years.

The final writer would have had to be a time traveler, a brilliant physicist and a master of philosophy and psychology. Not likely. We have enough early copies of various works to render the rest virtually 100% accurate. This is enough to verify the overall picture with complete trust and acceptance.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Trolloks

Reality is as real for us as God's reality is for Him. We are in an image He created that is real to us and our home for now. Your house is a reality for you, but if I were to visit, it would not be my reality. I prefer different things than you. We are all different.

Jesus stressed that he was no more than just a man, like eveyrbody else. He stated many times that he should not be worshipped, but just follow his words of peace. This is Christianity's biggest problem, its built on a double standard. Jesus said to worship god, not him, yet Christianity worships jesus more so than god.

Jesus the Christ was God. He is the second person of the trinity. As I stated in the OP, one aspect of the trinity includes the physics that created this world. Another aspect of the Son is the fact that He came here as a man, just like me or anyone else. The difference was the consciousness he possessed. He was the first fruits of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is the third part of God, but God is still one person. If you read the OP again, you will see that you and I are the trinity as well. We have a body that is both particle and wave. We also have a spirit (Consciousness). This places us in God's image. There is no double standard. When you recognize that there is only one God, and the trinity makes up three aspects of the one God, then you realize that God is all there is to worship.

Worship and praise in the Ancient Hebrew pictographs is not what we define these words as in Western abstract thinking. For the Hebrews, worship and praise was concrete. They realized the original meaning. Worship and praise is raising the hands to God for guidance. We have free will and autonomy now and will always have these attributes. God will not release us fully until we value this gift in humility and reverence for Him from a platform of love. Why would He do otherwise?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

You wrote:

["Descartes also gave us the idea for the movie the Matrix."]

Nope, it was actually gnosticism being the inspiration (at least for part one). But I'm afraid that a bit more than Keanu Reeves is expected here.

Patience is a virtue that I possess. Since you don't watch videos on your computer, I'll just tell you that this video is a documentary about how Descartes inspired the movie the Matrix.

edit on 28-8-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

Quote: ["If we do this by rightly dividing truth, we see that all of them point to one root."]

You make it sound so easy. Mankind has been quibbling about the "rightly dividing of truth" for thousands of years, and now it turns out, that you have the final answer. Well done.

Or is it possible you are not paying attention. Hermeneutics is the study of how to rightly divide truth. Scholars have used these rules for centuries and most people are capable of doing it naturally. Hillel was the Rabbi of Simeon and Paul. When Paul talked about rightly dividing truth, He was referring to Hillel's Seven Rules . This is the origin of current Hermeneutics, but it ultimately arises from Enoch, better known as Hermes. When information is Hermetically sealed, it refers to information that was sealed and protected from those who would trample on the information with pride and arrogance. This was where the statement, "Don't throw your pearls before swine" came from.

Read the links and you will have a better understanding of how to rightly divide truth. Men much smarter than you and I have already covered this ground and agree with me. Truth is found in the Bible. It has been hermetically sealed and handed down through the centuries.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vandalour
reply to post by SuperiorEd

You make life sound complex and meaningful...
the truth is, its not

its just a seed of luck in a universe of science

dont let your fear belive in fairy tales, wake up and enjoy life

We are all affected by three things in life: Choice, Providence (defined as chance by science) and the actions of others. We only do two things in life: We think and we move. Anything else that you do to life apart form your thoughts and your movements cannot be traced to your doing. This indicates a deep implication: All our needs are supplied by God from the beginning. Our hair grows, our bodies function, our eyes see, the sun shines and so on. We do none of it. God supplies us with what we need. From this starting point, we are free to live by the three things that affect our lives. God offers to lead if we seek. I have no fear as God is leading me in my life. I am not alone. I place my trust in Him.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

edit on 28-8-2011 by SuperiorEd because: Duplicate

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by NeverSleepingEyes

But, this shouldn't come as a surprise either, I can't accept some notions in that reply. For example it contains "facts about god". For me this should be "facts people attribute to their god". I'm not completely sure about this one: do you implicitly suggest that there can't be morality except in the context of religion (my guess: you don't suggest it; yet the way you formulate things don't allow me to be sure). One of the topics i study as a sociologist is the "sociology of morality" and as a result of that effort I for one am convinced there's no need for a religion to have morality at play.

We each have the same two things we are able to do in life. We can think and we can move. We are equal in this. What we don't have control over is the family we are born to, our nationality or our degree of opportunity by upbringing. We are all able to do evil or good. Clearly, there is no distinction between most people in general. We are all sinful. No amount of do-goodieness will make us any different. God is not looking for acts of works. He is looking for acts of faith in Him. There is a vast difference. Faith is what saved all men before Jesus and after. Faith is the key to salvation. Works are evidence of faith. Faith without works are dead as the Bible indicates.

We cannot work our way to heaven. If we sin, we are not worthy of salvation. Paradox? Not at all. Our salvation does not depend on our works. Some Christians are worldly and full of pride. Paradox? No. We are all sinners until we are born into the Holy Spirit of God. We must be born again. Faith is what determines our salvation from the spirit of the world to the Holy Spirit of God from future rebirth. Finding love for God and man (even enemies) is the process. We find this by experience in life. This is the work of God in our lives. He walks with us all, not just the saints.

He will not be present when sin is taking place. He has no part in sin. God is with us when we are seeking Him in humility. Pride is what the flaming sword is there to cut away. Experience reveals the actions of the sword. In Genesis 3, we are told that toil in our lives will arise by means of our pride. By walking with God in our education here on earth (garden), we walk in peace knowing that God is leading each step.

When Adam and Eve were hiding in the Garden, God was still walking in the Garden. Does God really walk? This was an allusion to the fact that, while were were sinners hiding form Him, He was there walking with us.

None of us are worth of holiness before God. We get this by exchanging our spirit for the Holy Spirit Jesus offers to us in exchange. A new body follows and we live in complete peace and love. A new heaven and a new earth await. Before the new heaven and earth, there is a period where the dead in Christ will rise again to life for 1000 years of peace on earth. This is after the end times of Matthew 24. After the 1000 years, those who served pride will be raised to their final judgment. I choose the 1000 years of peace myself.

Grace is the final piece of the puzzle. We do not merit God's favor. He offers His unmerited favor to us when our faith shows love for Him and others. Luke 10

Each of us could be moral in our lives. We are not holy. Salvation is something we are waiting for. All of us.

Hebrews 9

27 Just as people are destined to die once, and after that to face judgment, 28 so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him.

Who is waiting here and where are they waiting?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Evidence for faith, not necessarily Christianity.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Prezbo369

Originally posted by SuperiorEd

Unless you're the Biblical god, in which case you throw her into a dungeon and torture her for eternity..........

You are confusing the Pharacies and the Inquisitors with true faith. Anyone who steals, kills or destroys is representing evil on earth. God honors, defends and protects. For one group to be honored and defended, this implies a group being defended against.

Men use their own thoughts and motions in this reality. It pays to read Matthew Henry Commentaries when you come across passages in the Bible that do not agree with your perspective or sense of right and wrong. When something you read in the Bible is out of context with our day and age, it is not prudent to transpose this to the context of our times as if the thinking was the same. God's thinking is always the same. God acts with men in the manner of their current understanding. He does what is required by divine justice.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by roughycannon
Thats great but why did god create us? for what purpose? is he bored or something?

Cause of love. Do you have a child, if so you will know what l mean & if not i do hope you find out for yourself one day.

Why not go and create a games console and play with it, instead of creating humans who torture, murder and destroy human life and innocent animal's

No doubt, many people are as you say here, but there are many others who are exactly the opposite of what you are saying. Why do you think all of us want to make war, kill, rape, murder etc etc be evil bad asses? All some people want to do is just to hold, help, care, share, forgive, live and be as one in and with love, with the goodness that is inside us all. Sad, many hasn't found that yet.

If god is real then he truly is one sick brother, and I wont be worshipping him period.

Just to be "cool", huh?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Let's say all you posted proves the is a god or something ... how does it prove that it's your god ? I believe in all gods and in none by the way.

I will not resort to name calling and such, but I really do hope you're just a troll and nothing more.

*** If we find aliens you'll say god made them too, but they are outcasts.
*** If we say the earth is older than 5000 years, you'll say it's not because a priest that could have an IQ of 5 said so.
*** If we split the atom and say that all is ruled by some laws of physics, you say god made it this way.
*** If we go to space and see clouds to be just fog, you say heaven isn't that close and that we can't see if because we don't believe.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

You wrote (on space/time and matter/energy):

["Physics begins with these four characteristics."]

Yes, in a specific way, which has nothing to do with your 'adaption' of bible-text to fit with physics.

Quote: ["Word is the only description that could possibly bring to mind an accurate description of information management and streaming data to govern physics. This is the duality of light."]

Real science has precise sets of symbols describing various scientific concepts. The duality of light is not described as or can be made into 'word'.

Quote: ["Symbolism is the only way to save detail and bring meaning to match current understanding. Symbols are true in all ages and will accurately match the knowledge of the day."]

Symbols are symbols and are very imprecise.

Quote: ["Again, God is brilliant in His use of symbol to fit our understanding of what cannot be fully comprehended."]

You mean, that you can let your fantasy roam and arrive at predetermined answers by including anything 'symbolic' on the way.

Quote: ["There are simply too many perfect sequences of information in the Bible that all relate to all days and ages."]

Like gen 1 and 2?

Quote: [" This is divine inspiration and always surpasses current science."]

According to which criteria is 'surpassing' taking place?

Quote: ["We only know, in this day and age, what the benefits of circumcision are to the adult. We also now know why the foreskin is there in the first place for the child. In babies, it protects from faeces and abrasion in the womb. Only in this day and age could we know. Antiquity could not have know. Circumcision of the heart is a parallel which likely made no sense to the minds of men up until this day and age. Why would God match the two together? We now know the significance as we are just finding out the science behind the foreskin. The odds of such a coincidence are incalculable. Add this to the millions of other alignments of information matching nature and you have evidence. Clear and simple."]

As far as I can see, this doesn't mean anything, even after three re-readings.

Quote (on dividing truth): ["Hermeneutics is the study of how to rightly divide truth."]

Fortunately very few people run their lives on hermeneutics. Most of us prefer pragmatism and rational principles.

Quote: ["Hillel was the Rabbi of Simeon and Paul. When Paul talked about rightly dividing truth, He was referring to Hillel's Seven Rules ."]

In no way suggesting that anyone follow my example: BUT I COULDN'T CARE LESS about what Rabbi Hillel did or said. And I detest Paulus, who was one of the greatest scams in history.

Quote: ["When information is Hermetically sealed, it refers to information that was sealed and protected from those who would trample on the information with pride and arrogance."]

Self-proclaimed 'guru'ism' doesn't impress me at all. There are thirteen 'gurus' a dozen tese days.

Quote: ["Read the links and you will have a better understanding of how to rightly divide truth."]

To be fair, I tried to read your links for a while. They practically never give any real information, but are just extensions of the circle-arguments you start from.

Quote: ["Men much smarter than you and I have already covered this ground and agree with me."]

Referring to 'authority' is rather meaningless.

Quote: ["Truth is found in the Bible."]

Not especially. And there is a lot of non-sense.

edit on 28-8-2011 by bogomil because: typo

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by RanDeLv2

The first article I ever wrote on truth and reality had this as the main thesis: "No matter where we go, there we will be, and until we realize that we can only be where we go, we will only be where we are." LINK

God calls us. We can call on Him in times of need and he will answer. Until He calls you, you will not recognize the voice. I am not suggesting that you are called or not called. I am not suggesting that you cannot call on God. Anyone can at any time. He will answer, but don't expect the answer to be anything other than the flaming sword removing your pride.

My point is that God will only reveal truth to a soul that has been humbled by instruction and faith. The flaming sword protects the tree of life. Access comes form allowing the sword to work. Pride will keep you from the tree of life until pride is removed.

You can think and you can move in life. Nothing more. Where you are depends on where you go. God is always drawing you near. That doesn't mean you will respond. This conversation here is no mistake. God works in us all.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Again, ok God calls me, are you sure it's the Jesus God or another ?

If a God exists, how can you be so sure it's yours ?

I do good deeds, I don't kill, steal etc. I'm a nice person, I'm nice because my parents told me to be nice and seek joy through helping others not messing with them. That's not God, that's good parenting.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Thats great but why did god create us? for what purpose? is he bored or something?

Why not go and create a games console and play with it, instead of creating humans who torture, murder and destroy human life and innocent animal's

If god is real then he truly is one sick brother, and I wont be worshipping him period.

did God kill the raccoon that the pest control guy removed, or the pest control guy. did God rob the 7/11 or a gangbanger putting in work.

did God invade iraq or george bush and the american congress.

don't blame God on things people on earth are doing.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

Quote: ["Word is the only description that could possibly bring to mind an accurate description of information management and streaming data to govern physics. This is the duality of light."]

Real science has precise sets of symbols describing various scientific concepts. The duality of light is not described as or can be made into 'word'.

The definition of Word in Hebrew is from the root Speak. Speaker is more accurate for John 1, although Logos is the word used. In the ancient Hebrew pictographs, we find the symbol for water and the shepherd's staff. The way to arrive at the full meaning is to follow the root to the words that branch from it.

My lexicon says this: The definition and meaning of the pictograph for 'Word' is "A continuation of segments, which fills the whole." From this definition, we can easily make the connection that physics makes to the geometry of the universe. As I said, meaning derives from following the root. The next definition is a "Chain blended together to form a sentence." Obviously what words do. Oddly enough, chains are formed by photons in light in a wave of parent and daughter photons. Interesting terminology that physics uses. The word 'sickness' also appears as a break in the chain.

The word Matter in Hebrew is a derivative from the root of 'Word'. The word 'ear' comes into play here as another word from the root of 'word'. Not just the ear to hear, but the seed that is an ear of grain. Seeds are information. The word 'Branch' as in the branching of information form the root of the seed. This is a reference to the tree branches that are also related in Hebrew to the family tree and the trees of life and knowledge. Knowledge is information that branches, as in what is happening in your head at this moment.

The next word is 'fill', which also makes 'firstfruits', which denotes a conglomeration of ingredients to fill up something. The universe is filled with stuff. Jesus was the firstfruits of the Holy Spirit.

The next word is 'full' as in full of authority. This word then makes 'Lord'.

The next word is 'filling', which denotes being stuffed with abundance. It also makes the word set or setting, as in a stone of ornamentation. This is a recess for filling with a stone. In physics, a stone fills a space in the fabric of space, as in a recess.

The next word is 'mix', as in filling with many substances. Mix is where we derive our word particle by comparison. The lexicon cites this.

The next word is 'front', as in the front of a long series of the same. The past is seen in front in Hebrew thought, because the future is unseen and therefore behind.

Front makes Circumcise, or the cutting of the front of the male member. Can we take this further to say a cutting of the past as well; As in, our sins?

The next word is 'Before', as in the front of time or place.

This was from Ancient Hebrew Lexicon by Jeff A. Benner, p. 169-170, #1288 WORD

These are not my words here. I only added a few sentences about physics. If you are so blind that you are unable to see the connections here form the language, then I cannot help you. God is the Creator of this language and of its meaning to physics. See it or deny it. I'll just keep speaking the truth.

God Bless

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by RanDeLv2

Again, ok God calls me, are you sure it's the Jesus God or another ?

If a God exists, how can you be so sure it's yours ?

I do good deeds, I don't kill, steal etc. I'm a nice person, I'm nice because my parents told me to be nice and seek joy through helping others not messing with them. That's not God, that's good parenting.

Deeds cannot get you to heaven. Only faith in God. This is His requirement. He also says you must love others to prove your love for Him. Why? God is one of the others. All your works amount to filthy rags to God. He has hidden Himself and required that you find Him by seeking. Love is what you get when you find. Only love.

Good luck. Just knock and the door opens.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
So god bestowes his love on us? I don't see any "love" for poverty stricken areas, and yet by contradiction, most people in poverty stricken areas believe in a "God".

You say evidence in your title, however they are assumption and opinions based around what you believe. Isn't God supposed to show love, and respect? As you believe in him, you post threads on the internet trying to turn people towards belief in this mythical being, when in reality, you shouldn't care for what other people believe,

Another random thought, if you break down reality to its very root, it is only a root, which means I should worship plants and trees and stuff, correct?

IMHO, I will not believe in a being, without any proof. If you can find a toenail of God, and link it back to him and his mighty nailclippers, I will believe. Society today is based off "Seeing is believing" if you cannot see, it is not real.

Good post though, S&F

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

that was the biggest waste of time...

why do I even bother to read these ridiculous threads...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join