It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top 10 Reasons to Believe in Jesus - Evidence for Faith

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

I detected the irony, perhaps you didn't.

Perhaps he had to state a specific God, because there are so many God's to choose from; Zeus, Wotan, Ra, Thor etc.

He said IF he meets a Christian God, because it could equally be Allah. Someone's got it wrong, or they all have. LOL.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by NeverForget

On Jesus...

some of his preaching i find to be rather reprehensible,

Would you mind showing me which ones you're talking about?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

There are starving people in Africa because of man, not God.

You can't blame man for starvation after natural disaster. And we are just one species, many other species have "fallen" due to life on a climatic knife-edge, We were close too at one time; We nearly became part of the 99.9% of all species that have become extinct so far.

Natural disasters bring about starvation, disease and other "catastrophes" too. You can't just point the finger at man.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by bogomil

Originally posted by MamaJ
reply to post by bogomil

Well the question was simply a question Bogo and it was not for you nor for the others...I am still awaiting a reply from the one that I asked. I have no idea how God would feel about it...I am sure saddened...if you really wanna know .

Why on earth do you expect other people to relate to questions on imaginary situations, questions you can't or won't answer yourself.

I didn't ask the initial question.

Imaginary question was asked and I gave an imaginary answer. An Honest one and then....I said to you because you really wanted an answer from my mouth... I SAID.... "I am sure he would be saddened".

Move along dear friend.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeverForget

There are starving people in Africa because of man, not God.

You can't blame man for starvation after natural disaster. And we are just one species, many other species have "fallen" due to life on a climatic knife-edge, We were close too at one time; We nearly became part of the 99.9% of all species that have become extinct so far.

Natural disasters bring about starvation, disease and other "catastrophes" too. You can't just point the finger at man.

Ok....so we have your opinion. I disagree. So be it.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

reply to post by MamaJ

I detected the irony, perhaps you didn't.

Perhaps he had to state a specific God, because there are so many God's to choose from; Zeus, Wotan, Ra, Thor etc.

He said IF he meets a Christian God, because it could equally be Allah. Someone's got it wrong, or they all have. LOL.

Ok....whatever.
Good try.

SECOND!

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

You have a right to feel however you find yourself feeling. You are having your own experience and that is fine.

To say we cannot help the needy and feed the homeless and work toward a better humanity is not true when looking out of my eyes.

Good, i never said this, though, or suggested it. Infact, quite the opposite, I hope for a more altruistic civilisation, as I mentioned.

You can choose to love Jesus or go against his teachings...your choice.

Jesus or nothing, ay? Typical Christian preaching; "Join us" or "reject us".

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

You wrote:

["Move along dear friend."]

Removing certain kinds of rhetorics is moving along. Run the course of the thread on rational reasoning, faith if wished, and keep the bag of tricks closed.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Maybe start a challenge thread:-

"Was Christ's teaching perfect?"

Within the thread; Christ's teaching? Was it perfect? Could it be improved? Was any of his alledged preaching reprehensible? Immoral?

U2U me and i'll be sure to join you, as I'm sure others will too.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by bogomil
reply to post by MamaJ

You wrote:

["Move along dear friend."]

Removing certain kinds of rhetorics is moving along. Run the course of the thread on rational reasoning, faith if wished, and keep the bag of tricks closed.

Same goes in the response here; "good try", "that's your opinion" "ok".

Originally posted by MamaJ
reply to post by MamaJ

Ok....whatever.
Good try.

SECOND!

edit on 31/8/2011 by NeverForget because: formatting

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

Maybe start a challenge thread:-

"Was Christ's teaching perfect?"

Within the thread; Christ's teaching? Was it perfect? Could it be improved? Was any of his alledged preaching reprehensible? Immoral?

U2U me and i'll be sure to join you, as I'm sure others will too.

Im not here trying to prove Christ's teachings were perfect regardless of if i think they were or not.

I was wondering which ones you thought to be "reprehendable" because i have not found one...

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

As you're interested; i'll find time to write a thread at the weekend.

I'll U2U your inquizitive soul, and you can find out. Peace.

PS.

I assure you I'm not avoiding the issue. Only, I would want to do this properly, rather than half-baked.
edit on 31/8/2011 by NeverForget because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

You can't blame man for starvation after natural disaster.

John 3 - "You must be born again." This is not an option. Death is only a transition to the next birth. Your perspective is that of death being the end. Suffering leads to reward. Taking reward leads to suffering. If you smoke, you get cancer. This is taking reward that leads to cancer. If you suffer the work of an education or car payment, you receive reward. Suffering is the point. The more you suffer, the greater the reward. Jesus suffered every step for us.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

As you're interested; i'll find time to write a thread at the weekend.

I'll U2U your inquizitive soul, and you can find out. Peace.

PS.

I assure you I'm not avoiding the issue. Only, I would want to do this properly, rather than half-baked.
edit on 31/8/2011 by NeverForget because: (no reason given)

This i will be looking forward to... pardon me if i have my doubts. Most people misunderstand his words, im sure this is no different, but we'll see eh

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

pardon me if i have my doubts. Most people misunderstand his words, im sure this is no different, but we'll see eh

Many people, obviously including devout Christians, have doubts when someone questions what they consider their "guide for life". Their ultimate person that they look up to.

I'm not calling you a Christian, and I'm not sure what doubts you have, but a phrase I take solace in is:-

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt"

Of course with "exegesis" people THINK they can interpret the bible, and Christ's words in their own way, and they will do if the someone highlights preaching to be less than moral.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   

You wrote:

["Suffering is the point."]

This is far more complex than it looks like with a superficial glance.

"Hit me", said the masochist.

"NO", said the sadist.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuperiorEd

You can't blame man for starvation after natural disaster.

John 3 - "You must be born again." This is not an option. Death is only a transition to the next birth. Your perspective is that of death being the end. Suffering leads to reward. Taking reward leads to suffering. If you smoke, you get cancer. This is taking reward that leads to cancer. If you suffer the work of an education or car payment, you receive reward. Suffering is the point. The more you suffer, the greater the reward. Jesus suffered every step for us.

If you smoke, you get cancer.

Smoking increases the risk of cancer.

If you suffer the work of an education

Many enjoy education, thus not suffering.

The more you suffer, the greater the reward.

Nonsense, I can think of many people who suffer and don't get ANY reward. Apart from half-baked promises of an afterlife, that apparently justifies the terrible life they had on Earth. Nonsense!

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   

You wrote:

["Apart from half-baked promises of an afterlife, that apparently justifies the terrible life they had on Earth"]

Yes, it's always "jam tomorrow".

Be it the 'worker's paradise', a world with only 'proper' skin-colours or 'sitting next to the man' listening to gregorian chants and symphonies for harp..

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

Be it the 'worker's paradise', a world with only 'proper' skin-colours or 'sitting next to the man' listening to gregorian chants and symphonies for harp..

Must be some bizarre game of karma that the master is playing with us. Especially, if it's a Christian master;-

Punish those starving, sick or both, and those who do not find Christ's word, banished to hell. It's a double whammy for them, it says so in the bible..... This kind of fear was used to gain the power most Churches have today, and people still sing their praises...It makes absolutely no sense to me, maybe I'm just naive.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Jesus or nothing, ay? Typical Christian preaching; "Join us" or "reject us".

Not at all, and has nothing to do with the Word "Christian".

Let go of the animosity already.

It has everything to do with cause and effect. You are born into this world with "choice".

For each cause there is an effect.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join