It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top 10 Reasons to Believe in Jesus - Evidence for Faith

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

.It makes absolutely no sense to me, maybe I'm just naive.
reply to post by NeverForget

Maybe you just have not dug deep enough and or possibly allowed your thinking to rationalize such concepts you find confusing within the concept of God and the truer meanings IT entails. Too much dogmatic minded thinking in my opinion because the basis is on a type of thinking taught by the "Christian" church. Get out of the realm and into your own and you will find there is Truth everywhere....even in the Bible and maybe more so. You never know unless you investigate words within the texts within your own mind frame and not someone elses.

There is accountability to be had with all choices. This is observed and considered to be fact.

Whereas there is much to say for all Religions. Control is not freedom. Freedom is me and my family coming and going and doing as we please. We have man made laws ....so be it. We cannot be free in this realm. Only until we go to the next is there freedom of laws. Our existence is from Light. There is also flames in said Light. How does your flame distinguish you from others? Are you better? No...Are you less than? No! You are a part of a Light that is making its way through a perceived experience within the realm of "time".

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

and keep the bag of tricks closed.
reply to post by bogomil

For you to do so is totally up to you. Feel free. For ME I like the bag opened. I am always aware and need the tricks at my finger tips.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by bogomil
reply to post by SuperiorEd

You wrote:

["Suffering is the point."]

This is far more complex than it looks like with a superficial glance.

"Hit me", said the masochist.

"NO", said the sadist.

God requires the sweat of your brow to receive reward in this life. You can take reward all you want, but you will suffer in the end. This type of suffering does not end. Smoke and you get cancer (taking reward). Work for an education and you get a degree (Suffering work). This type of work provides reward for you and your family. Work at rearing your children and your children will raise their children correctly. These types of suffering have no end. There are no exceptions to this rule.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by NeverForget

Nonsense, I can think of many people who suffer and don't get ANY reward. Apart from half-baked promises of an afterlife, that apparently justifies the terrible life they had on Earth. Nonsense!

Any example you provide of suffering as a result of an action can be traced to taking reward. There are no exceptions. There are people who suffer apart from their control. This is followed by reward in the end. Thoughts and actions are all we have in life. There are quadriplegics who overcome all odds with great reward. There are also disabled who choose to sink in dispair. We are all capable of rising no matter who we are. Case in point:

edit on 1-9-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   

You provide one example, which i have seen before, he's made a book - "Life without limits".

Yes, this is an example of someone overcoming their disabilities.

But what about a child in an impoverished country, or a member of a tribe eaten by a wild animal?

Suffering isn't always rewarded, and doesn't always have a meaning. Not everything is "settled" with such wishy-washy karma that you write about with ease.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by NeverForget

But what about a child in an impoverished country, or a member of a tribe eaten by a wild animal?

Suffering isn't always rewarded, and doesn't always have a meaning. Not everything is "settled" with such wishy-washy karma that you write about with ease.

Christian organizations are there reaching out in every country on earth. Suffering leads to reward for anyone who dares to overcome suffering by hard work. There are countless stories of individuals rising from the bottom of society to the top. There are countless stories of individuals squandering all opportunities. One of the most important verses in the Bible, in my opinion, says, "You must be born again." I do know why some who are born again end up in poverty and others into wealth. This is not my decision. I do know that each soul on earth is here for a reason. We will only be able to connect the dots looking back.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

I do know that each soul on earth is here for a reason.

You don't know that at all.

And for what reason were the children here who died in birth?

No sooner were they braught into this world, were they taken away from it.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e874f8f5f8ea.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

You wrote:

["We will only be able to connect the dots looking back."]

Relating to your posts and the content in them only (and not referring to your character) I find, that you have an abundance of 'dot-connections' filling out exotic claims and assumptions with some kind of inductive false 'logic' special for you.

You may choose to acquaint yourself with standard logic and use that, or present the mechanism of your 'logic' (and risk an analysis of that), but the present 'dot-connecting' is not part of common rational reasoning.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by bogomil

You wrote:

["We will only be able to connect the dots looking back."]

Relating to your posts and the content in them only (and not referring to your character) I find, that you have an abundance of 'dot-connections' filling out exotic claims and assumptions with some kind of inductive false 'logic' special for you.

You may choose to acquaint yourself with standard logic and use that, or present the mechanism of your 'logic' (and risk an analysis of that), but the present 'dot-connecting' is not part of common rational reasoning.

Actually, it is referred to as Hermeneutics. LINK This originates with Hermes, better know as Enoch form the Bible. In Jesus day, Paul and Simeon were students of Hillel. Hillel's Seven Rules for rightly dividing truth were employed and are still employed today for dividing meaning from symbolism. What you are labeling inductive false logic is not false at all, but rather an opening of information that has been Hermetically sealed throughout the ages. There is an outer court meaning of exoteric dogma and ritual and an inner court meaning of spiritual value. This knowledge is preserved behind a veil that anyone can look beyond. Jesus describes this as a path between each.

Matthew 7:13 “Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

You wrote:

["Actually, it is referred to as Hermeneutics."]

I know, you've told me before. Though the connection of dots is a new addition to hermeneutics.

Quote: ["LINK This originates with Hermes, better know as Enoch form the Bible."]

I regret to say once more, that you have overdone the 'linking' option earlier, and that I don't follow it up anymore.

Quote: ["In Jesus day, Paul and Simeon were students of Hillel. Hillel's Seven Rules for rightly dividing truth were employed and are still employed today for dividing meaning from symbolism. What you are labeling inductive false logic is not false at all, but rather an opening of information that has been Hermetically sealed throughout the ages."]

I'm also afraid, that this leaves me unimpressed. Especially as I actually do understand something about the esoteric ways, which you appear to confuse with occultism.

Quote: ["There is an outer court meaning of exoteric dogma and ritual and an inner court meaning of spiritual value."]

And the fake 'inner courts' are relying heavily on mumbo-jumbo.

Quote: ["This knowledge is preserved behind a veil that anyone can look beyond. Jesus describes this as a path between each."]

I am familiar with both the abstractions and the practical application of such. And just in case: I'm not joining any 'holier than you' on that account.

edit on 4-9-2011 by bogomil because: punctuation

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

["Actually, it is referred to as Hermeneutics."]

I know, you've told me before. Though the connection of dots is a new addition to hermeneutics.

Connecting dots forward requires foreknowledge. Connecting the dots backwards requires a keen eye for history. God draws the future into the past for us to see as it passes us by. The Hebrews consider the past as in front of or view since we can see it. The future is to our back as it has not happened yet. With this understanding, the dots can be connected as we look forward to the past coming our way into the new future from the foreknowledge of God. I know this may twist you around a few times, but it is possible in this day and age to see both sides of time coming at us as we meet destiny in the middle. This is a marvelous proof of God working all around us. Sit back and watch. You will return to this idea in a few months and truth will emerge to you. The arms of God are always open.

edit on 4-9-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

Quote: ["There is an outer court meaning of exoteric dogma and ritual and an inner court meaning of spiritual value."]

And the fake 'inner courts' are relying heavily on mumbo-jumbo.

It is right in front of you. Foreknowledge is here for you to see.

edit on 4-9-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

You wrote:

["It is right in front of you. Foreknowledge is here for you to see."]

(And adding a video-link, which I neither can nor will follow up).

Foreknowledge isn't an exclusive argument for any specific abrahamic theistic claims. It happens outside monotheism also.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Can't stop laughing at that video.

"I was a muslim terrorist, now i'm a Christian"

What a joke.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Can't stop laughing at that video.

"I was a muslim terrorist, now i'm a Christian"

What a joke.

Are you laughing at God or at a man who has found truth? Here is another man who knows something about the same topic. LINK

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   

You provide one example, which i have seen before, he's made a book - "Life without limits".

Yes, this is an example of someone overcoming their disabilities.

I'm at a point now where I'm beginning to wonder if we really reap what we sow, particularly those who have "wronged" us.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
reply to post by MartyMcFlyJr

Why would he have to be a Christian God....if he is another "God" then you would not want to ask him.

Ooooooooooook

Blame MAN!!!! Look around at what YOU are doing. I do.
I care...so I help.

Are you a being with a cause to help?

Because we have only been talking about the christian god, but sure ! ok! Any god will do.
If I run into any god, I will ask about starving Africans. Happy now?

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by roughycannon

God created us to be one in Him, but we disobeyed and ended up in this current situation you find so detestable. You have participated in this state of affairs by both sinning and rejecting Him who is trying to call you back to your once exalted state. God cannot be put in this paradox box that so many skeptics want to put him in. "Why did God make us, is he bored?" "Can God, make a mountain so big even he can't pick it up?" God is omnipotent, "[His] ways are not your ways, and [His] thoughts are not your thoughts" and just because you can't comprehend it does not mean it isn't so. We must all learn to accept paradox, because with our human limitations, the closest we can get to understanding the universe is less than the understanding one has for a room by looking through a keyhole.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

The only evidence.proving the efficacy of faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, is the knowledge and experience (gnosis) gained, front falling in love with him at the end of time, when all has been said and done. Then at that precise moment, the Living Spirit of the Lord, as Love and Laughter, kicks right back in as a regenerative principal of.growth (Omegapoint), and increasing awareness, understanding, and wisdom. Understood then as the fundamental cause of an eternal, evolutionary recurrence, the principal can only then be proven right by it's application. Thus the final proof resides, like a seed of divine, human potential, and possibility, in its germination, once realized and recognized (re cognized) within the domain of our own unique and personal spiritual and psychological experience (qualia).

"He who keeps his life will lose it, but, he who loses his life for my sake, will find it (in rediscovery of his TRUE self), as Love." (Jesus, paraphrased).

"I am the resurrection and the life!"

edit on 15-9-2011 by NewAgeMan because: typo

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

If this caused you to smile if not to laugh out loud, then I say you "grok" and are blessed.

Once we've then rediscovered, how to eat and drink the food and water freely given, how could anyone ever forget?

So this is the "Good News" then of the Gospel.

"All with ears to hear let them hear."

"This is my body broken for you. Please take it, and eat it, in remembrance of me."

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join