It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO's captured over New York Last night 8-26(Identified- Chinese Lanterns)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I'm with you Ghostfreak. I never understood the need for lights on alien spacecrafts. But here we have another few shaky hand held blurry footage's of someone taking pictures of little dots of lights in the sky, and immediately it must originate from out of this world. My first thoughts were meteorological weather beacons sent up lit for visual tracking of wind patterns for the approaching storm to supplement any sensor equipment they may have to you know, measure the intensities of the coming storm?

Lookie here, no external lights, no need for external lights.

If it is to be postulated alien spacecrafts put out light as their propulsion I would point out that would be a very archaic means of propulsion to travel light years across interstellar space. An why are they always shaky dots of light in the sky?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
i saw the same lights yesterday in my country Portugal in the afternoon right next to the sun was some bright lights and i saw with other people

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pimander

Originally posted by Mclaneinc
6 pages for Lanterns?

Seriously?

I woke up and this thread has 56 flags and counting.

My reasoning for lanterns. I know what lanterns look like. They look like the OP video!

P.S. I'm not throwing 30 minutes of my life away reading the whole thread. I am sure someone has already tried to help you to do the same and failed.

edit on 28/8/11 by Pimander because: (no reason given)

Yup, I'm with you and ghostfreak, I've seen lanterns very close here in Northolt and they move EXACTLY like the video, their speed can be a slow drift to a very speedy zip along depending on the prevailing wind, add to that all the things lanterns DO I am stunned how so many can totally ignore FACTS to believe that these are some sort of controlled craft...

Maybe I should open my mind more, where's the cam opener...
edit on 28-8-2011 by Mclaneinc because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Ether way there has GOT to be more vids out there of this. how many people have camera phones in NY?? (0.o)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Wonderful, I get a manners and decorum post for repeating exactly what the guys posted, so I'll change the post to be less factual in quote.

Personally I have to say that docking me points while leaving his post is way out of line.

Anyway

I cannot understand how people can use the old open mind argument yet refuse to accept any possible factual argument that is staring them in the face. If people come here to debate properly then the stance of "its NOT lanterns" seriously destroys their argument.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Mclaneinc

Sorry mate but I think it's Aliens , first they started disguising their ships as Planes , but people caught on to that so a change of plan was needed ....enter UFO's disguised Lanterns ....Man them Aliens are clever

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Chinese people and culture do not state that you should release lanterns just whenever, there are traditions and events for which they are specifically designed. Storms are not part of that tradition.

It just happens to be the trend for debunkers lately, because they move slow and smoothly, much like some videos of UFO's, including this one.

Is their also some type of harness keeping them in a specific formation?

Explain why the Lantern releasers would do that.

It is just super convenient as a modern day 'swamp gas', and will eventually reach the same level of ridiculousness as an explanation.

So, use it up, oh blind stubborn fools.

Chinese Lanterns!

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I think Helicopters can't fly in heavy rain.
I'm worried about the sudden increase in UFO sightings...

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
reply to post by Mclaneinc

Sorry mate but I think it's Aliens , first they started disguising their ships as Planes , but people caught on to that so a change of plan was needed ....enter UFO's disguised Lanterns ....Man them Aliens are clever

Hi Gortex, I best be careful what I say incase I overfill the on topic meter like my last post

Who know what they will disguised as next, pigeons?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Ball Lightning is an unexplained atmospheric electrical phenomenon. The term refers to reports of luminous, usually spherical objects which vary from pea-sized to several metres in diameter. It is usually associated with thunderstorms, but lasts considerably longer than the split-second flash of a lightning bolt.

Perhaps?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
ps

No BS here, the National Geographic show actually has an episode called "When Aliens Attack" and they talk about how our US Gov. is actually preparing for this. Crazyness!!

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

it does look like the 'TR3' v-wing.

why do they always seem to show up mothman-like before 'events'?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

On most UFO threads, I laugh them off.

This one? Not so much.

Aliens? Us? Who knows. With all the crapstorm about the "hurricane that wasnt", I wonder if their is a connection?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimnuggits
Chinese people and culture do not state that you should release lanterns just whenever, there are traditions and events for which they are specifically designed. Storms are not part of that tradition.

It just happens to be the trend for debunkers lately, because they move slow and smoothly, much like some videos of UFO's, including this one.

Is their also some type of harness keeping them in a specific formation?

Explain why the Lantern releasers would do that.

It is just super convenient as a modern day 'swamp gas', and will eventually reach the same level of ridiculousness as an explanation.

Chinese Lanterns!

Erm lets take this apart...

Who says it's Chinese people doing this, lanterns are available and used by most hoaxers, wedding planners, kids etc etc etc...

There's no cultural stereo types here..

Oddly enough many people tie the lanterns together for effect, so yes, there will be formations but the important point here is that they all go the same direction, do these UFO's only have a forward gear and no turning ability?

As explained they are often released in tied formations, hoaxers like the look and wedding people like to see a bunch drifting rather than one here, one there....Its a normal practice..

"stubborn blind fools" well there's the open mind and logical thinking I've been looking for, sadly, lanterns ARE seen in most of the cases, they ARE a known hoax tool, they ARE used at events worldwide.

This blindness seems to be catching...

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimnuggits

Chinese Lanterns!
Listen mate, they really do look like lanterns. If this looked anomalous I would be all over it like a rash. That's the kind of guy I am. I can also vouch for Gortex here. He's just as keen as I am to filter out the noise to get to the good stuff. This is noise.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
How can anyone get excited about this?

Lights that float at a very very slow speed...as if they are drifting on the wind...with flickering lights.

This is the exact behavior of Chinese lanterns. Or are we thinking aliens came here in hot air balloons that allow the wind to dictate their travel?

I'm so bummed out by "UFO" videos.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by torsion

Originally posted by dissident1987
Friday was a nice day in NY, but started to cloud up late in the day. I was about 22 miles away from where this vid was shot. I thought it was a cloudy night on Fri. 8/26. Are we sure this is 8/26 in NY?

A commenter on Youtube says he's seen the same video a week ago with a different title.

Happens a lot - old videos resurfacing with a new date and new location attached. If it's on Youtube have serious doubts about its authenticity.

I remember someone in one of the vids saying "it's the day before the hurricane is supposed to hit" or something similar. Unless these people can predict weather, then I am guessing the date of this video is correct. At least the one where they mention the hurricane.

edit on 28-8-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
id say those would have to be pretty bright lights to be picked up by a phone cam

especially in an area with as much light pollution as new york

doesnt ring true to me

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Looking at both videos I know it's not a known machine to the public either way. My thoughts are it would take alot of energy to power something to the point it can hover with no sound as it patiently slides off. To us it is a UFO but is it a ET UFO?

I don't know which one to pick. I think it is odd because like someone said earlier about why would they show lights, same goes for us. If someone wants to hide lights are in the top tier of the lists.

It's baffling, I'm ready for some solid clear pupil shifting proof of something for once. It's always lights for UFO's, A track, a heat signature, a evp, you get the picture.

There is just tricks out there people can do with video, so I am on the fence for now.

I find the chance it is a extraterrestrial just as much as a human project.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join