It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO's captured over New York Last night 8-26(Identified- Chinese Lanterns)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

Nope. From me living in the Bronx and being born there i will tell you NO ONE cares remotely about releasing Chinese Lanterns to fake a UFO sighting. Try again

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
There's another video of a satellite image on the hurricane where a flying saucer zips by. It looks like there's one or two other little dots that might be it, but if you wait for it you'll definitely see it. Gave me the chills:

www.youtube.com...

Good chills, that is

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Rosen

There's a thread about that here:

UFO Filmed By Astronauts Over Irene On Fox News
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zeer0

Nope. From me living in the Bronx and being born there i will tell you NO ONE cares remotely about releasing Chinese Lanterns to fake a UFO sighting. Try again

You speak for the entire population of the Bronx, do you?

The persons who released them were probably having a party or celebration of some kind. It is only those who videoed the lanterns and the hard-core ET Believers that doubt their true nature.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Chinese lanterns is what they look like to me. Someone obviously thinks this is a perfect opportunity to create a new "Phoenix lights" scenario, this time "New York Lights", as the hurricane Irene is settling over NY and all eyes are up to the sky, and somehow gain popularity and maybe get rich. Didn't really look as convincing as Phoenix (if Phoenix was Chinese lanterns).

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by torsion

Pretty much. Job's, Family and Street Life is what the Bronx population is about. Trust me

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I'm so tired of people saying, "it forms a triangle". 3 points of light in the night sky are ALWAYS going to look like a triangle.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Gannicus

Not necessarily. Depends where the lights are located. Logic is your friend

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Jonas86

The "Phoenix Lights" as most know them were flares dropped by the Air Force as a diversion from the real story.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghostfreak1

I doubt they are giving of light to see with like when we use our headlights. The light that is given off by ufos be them man-made or not is probably from their powerplant or propulsion system. How many times have people tried to debunk a sighting with, "if they came so far and are so advanced why do they need lights?" Because its advanced tech that we are not familar with and we dont have all the answers yet. A high amount of energy usually comes with lots of light and lots of heat.

And do chinises lanterns converge at a certain point before going out? God i am so sick of hearing about lanterns being released. If any of you have ever actually let some off and watched i doubt you`d be calling every strange light in the sky a lantern. I blame the History channel shows and their stupid little experiments on that. Do you really need to have a countdown before you do everything?
edit on 28-8-2011 by StratosFear because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
People who label every light in the night sky a "Chinese Lantern" are lacking credibility to the same extent as those who label every light an "alien spaceship".

For starters, I have to guess most of you have never seen real Chinese lanterns live and in person or confirmed video of them. They don't look like the lights in these videos, they are very easy to spot.

I just wish people who get the chance to video UFOs would make some attempt to hold the camera still. I HATE that kind of footage.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by torsion

The persons who released them were probably having a party or celebration of some kind. It is only those who videoed the lanterns and the hard-core ET Believers that doubt their true nature.

I stand by him 100%, he is speaking for the entire population from that area of the Bronx.

and its no lanterns in NY...... Want to ask the people from NY how many times they seen lanterns?

cause I have never seen them in my life here, all I see is a lot of air traffic so there's no way in hell they are lanterns , they'll get in the way of the aircrafts that be flying by from airports and heliports.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
THOSE UFOS ARE USELESS.

they cant do anything, if they could they could atleast change the direction of the tornado. they didnt.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I knew some idiot would say Chinese lanterns and it didn't take long lol

why don't we ask the Chinese?
edit on 28-8-2011 by bottleslingguy because: added a sentence and spelling

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

i agree. the objects move with the background, typical cel-phone camera video. even then, that does help its case since again all objects in the frame move together back and forth from the objects to the street. also the reactions are very clear. there is multiple people actively talking about it and speculating. this video does not look planned out like the like london and jerusalem videos.

ive seen videos of this type that are suspicious multiple camera hoaxes aren't anything new.

in this case i would say there is something definitely there. What they really are of course (sadly) will not likely really be known outside of speculation.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Humm... So you pretend to know for sure how every single person in New York would think ?

plus, no1 saying "it's lanterns" said it was lanterns to fake ufos... it's people who think they are ufo, no one told them to think that...

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   

reply to post by Gannicus

Not necessarily. Depends where the lights are located. Logic is your friend

Can you remind me what "triangle" means ? doesn't it mean that it has 3 angles ?

So how in any universe could 3 dots not forming a triangle ? No matter where they are...
And what would they form then ?
Maybe a circle, if you have lot of imagination and love to extrapolate a lot

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghostfreak1

I was wondering that same thing for a while when I first started looking at this subject seriously and came to the conclusion the lights can be for communication or information transfer (note the stupid blinking lights on computers) or caused by the type of propulsion or means of moving the craft.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by MilzGatez

Originally posted by torsion

I stand by him 100%, he is speaking for the entire population from that area of the Bronx.

and its no lanterns in NY...... Want to ask the people from NY how many times they seen lanterns?

cause I have never seen them in my life here, all I see is a lot of air traffic so there's no way in hell they are lanterns , they'll get in the way of the aircrafts that be flying by from airports and heliports.

Ask them first how many times they had to evacuate NY because of a hurricane...
btw, I don't know much about chinese traditions... don't know if lanterns can be released as some sort of "prayer for hope" or something like that... Would be interessting to know... Anyone into chinese traditions around that could enlight us on that point?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
i was going to say UAVs .... but then i was like .... nope.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join