It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO's captured over New York Last night 8-26(Identified- Chinese Lanterns)

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by freedommusic
reply to post by sirissacnewtone

It IS the same thing:

www.freedom-artist.com...

"V" is for Victory ...

thanks for the link, didn't know there was a whole website dedicated to it. Can't wait to read some debunkers POV on this, sometimes nuisance but we need both sides of the story to complete the picture.

BTW I think they illuminate because it's said that liquid mercury they utilize to create the anti-gravity gives off light when its in operation.. and that they're also highly unstable at low speeds/hovering as compared to when they're actually hauling ass! I forgot where I read that, but i'll try to find the article..

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by talisman

You are less visible over a city then open ocean or open farm land. The city lights hide you from afar and city dewlers watch the sky less than country foke and ocean travelers. Have you never needed to hide? Lights hide better near other lights, not in the dark.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Its funny how people assumes the Bronx is like any other area that they know of, well to tell you, its not...

people over there, esp . in that area of the Bronx are living in the ghetto, they more worry about cops stopping them when they come out of their buildings just to go to the store next door of them. So to say, They are lanterns released by people in that area just doesnt fit at all, no one cares about hoaxing anything like a UFO.

So lanterns are out of the picture. It shouldnt even be considered no more in this thread, it could work on other threads where the videos are out in rural places.

Flares? no way , Not over an area where's there's a lot of people on the ground plus why would they drop it in an area of the Bronx for?

Other lights? negative...... its the Bronx, not Manhattan, Manhattan is too damn bright, in the other hand, the Bronx is just dark. As you see in the video and how it is and the people, thats how mostly the whole Bronx people act like.

If people want info, why not get it from people on this thread from NY that knows the Bronx and how the people over there acts. We know how NY is. And as I see it, the people from NY in this thread are basically saying the same thing like I am saying, Those excuses arent working no more for debunkers that isnt from NY in this thread.

No, I am not saying its Alien but i am saying all those excuses you debunkers bring arent holding any weight in this thread.
edit on 28-8-2011 by MilzGatez because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Would Lanterns be even visible over such a brightly lit city like New York? I suppose, it would depend on the distance of the lanterns in question. I am not sure, if lanterns would even be visible at that distance, but its difficult to say.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

I guess you interpreted it differently. No one said "this is definitely Extraterrestrial."

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
For over a year now I read threads like this one, watch videos and search the net, yet still to this day when I ask my sister what we both saw, we have to say "I don't know". Four round lights in the sky brought me to ATS.

We were driving between 4-5 pm and saw four lights, three lights in a V formation in front and one slightly larger one trailing them (or leading, or whatever way one looks at it). Just above tree level, they had a white/golden light, completely sphere like, all aglow. As we both exclaimed "what is that?" and pulled over (they were overhead) looking back and the spectacle vanished from our sight. I did not see them move. I have no idea as to what business they would have in Oregon City of all places, nothing exciting happens there.

After reading all the debunked accounts of sightings, the obviously faked videos and reports, I've come to the conclusion that there is either a campaign to discredit real accounts of this phenomena or individuals having fun with replicating and confusing people on what is real and faked. What I do know is; not all "UFO" lights in the sky are Chinese lanterns and something is happening that the mass population doesn't know about, yet.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by sirissacnewtone

Really, liquid mercury? Try precisely controlling the properties of electrons, it works better. Apparently they can be made to repel each other, but what do I know. We really need to discover a beter form of propulsion, but we have to accept science is magic first.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
This is very weird. This looks like the dreams I've been having... JUST like this. Kinda creepin me out.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

I think it is helicopters and they were so far away it made it look like they were running in to each other . It didn't take to long for them to disappear and they were not moving that fast.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by MilzGatez

Your process of elimination is impeccable! Last time I checked the five boroughs are relatively close to each other, and if these lights are lanterns they could have easily been caught up in crosswinds and pushed right over the Bronx.

On another note, I found a video of these ufos launching

edit on 28-8-2011 by Arrrr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Having not read all 10 pages yet, im just wondering weather this is why the evacuated certain areas? maybe they knew about this in advance?, maybe a landing in the evacuated area? just putting this out there, not saying i believe it or anything!

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

this is a possibility for that can happen just looking out of a window. If that is the case then it is a hoax.

I wondered that it seemed that the lights were still

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by talisman

Yes they would be, I live in Manhattan, I look at the sky all the time and am kind of familiar with whats up there. if you could see a plane at its highest, then you basically see everything, Clear as day? No, not really but you could spot whats flying up in the sky, if its a plane or helicopter , you'll notice them flying by and give it a little delay then you could hear the sounds of the engines or rotors roaring by, echoing off the buildings walls.

You also see Stars, not as much but you still see some...

The moon? of course , you see that

by the way, if they were "planes" and "helicopters" you will see the strobe lights even if that plane is at its highest and they are always on.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Arrrr

Really?

Ok now find me one of those from New York and not from any other states. Now Lets compare that video of lanterns that were already set loose and already in the sky with what you're saying, not the video you posted.

I'll be waiting.... I'll compare them with you....

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Here you go sir, only took me two seconds.
People in New York actually do let off chinese lanterns! Now, I'm perplexed.
I'm surprised you had nothing to say when I basically proved your point wrong on the whole "who would set off lanterns in New York" theory you have going.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

This is one of the best ufo videos I've seen in a while.
At first it looks like helicopters but out of NOwhere 10 more pop up.
Wish I was there to see it!
Thanks for the Video!

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Arrrr

I KNEW you were going to post up that video so was I but no, thats not it....... try this one much better

The guys zooms to those lights very very good and you will notice that they are LANTERNS and also, the way they're moving up slowly.... now compare those lights with this Bronx footage of lights.

P.S. well I shouldnt have said they didnt do them at New York....... I was wrong in that misunderstanding, at least i admit it.

edit on 28-8-2011 by MilzGatez because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Dude, are you trying to prove yourself wrong? I don't get it, they even form a triangle. Those lights in the video you just posted (way better than mine
) look EXACTLY like the lights from this video. The only difference is this guy doesn't have 100x zoom.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by torsion

Originally posted by CynicalWabbit
If they were Chinese lanterns they sure were quick to disappear in 2 minutes.

But how long had they been in the air before filming had started?

These are Chinese lanterns for sure. They look like them, they flicker like them, they move like them, they extinguish like them so why would they not be them?

The only astonishing thing about these videos is that people can still be fooled by the lanterns!

I totally agree with you. You hit the nail on the head.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Arrrr

Now, why wouldnt I try to prove myself wrong? I dont mind to be proven wrong or right... as long as the truth comes out

but you see a difference without zooming in... Look how the Bronx lights are moving ... now compare the video i posted movement

The lanterns are all floating up , now ready for this one..... look at the bronx...... They are forming into a formation and arent apart from each other like those lanterns. I dont see the lanterns trying to form a formation, They're just floating up and up and up slowly where as the Bronx lights just stay all together, trying to make a pretty shape lol

Also, I noticed..... the lanterns have a slightly different flickering. They are flickering more slower and its a bit brighter then the Bronx lights.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join