It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO's captured over New York Last night 8-26(Identified- Chinese Lanterns)

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lebowski achiever

Originally posted by torsion

Originally posted by CynicalWabbit
If they were Chinese lanterns they sure were quick to disappear in 2 minutes.

But how long had they been in the air before filming had started?

These are Chinese lanterns for sure. They look like them, they flicker like them, they move like them, they extinguish like them so why would they not be them?

The only astonishing thing about these videos is that people can still be fooled by the lanterns!

I totally agree with you. You hit the nail on the head.

ok then explain why there are like 4 at beginning then 5 sec later like 8 of them telling me 4 just zip up there instantly from the wind
because lanterns don't just light up on their own

the whole lantern theory would stick if all objects were visible the entire video and they're not
edit on 28-8-2011 by 3xil3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur
I hate to bring out the textbook UFO debunking line, but I think they're just weather balloons. I mean there is a hurricane heading that way, so checking out weather patterns and stuff would seem pretty normal to me.

Plus the crafts aren't exactly doing any extremely complex and fast manuevers, they just kinda float around like balloons would.
They gather data during a hurricane from airplanes, not weather balloons. They are used in nice weather with easy winds aloft. All data for this storm came from dropsond within the storm. And I will remind people that we were being warned about this storm since Thursday night. The focus for all of the east coast was on the weather and the TV not on the skies where the storm was not occurring. The fact is we were focused somewhere else. On something that allowed them to bring in all kinds of emergency vehicles to the area. They covered us from north to south. They are still treating the east coast like some kind of disaster area and I swear, here right in the thick of things, we did our clean up with a rake and my kitchen broom.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
If they were chinese lanterns they would clearly come from a certain direction, they wouldn't appear out of thin air, like some of these lights seem to do. This forum is crazy to me, it's suppose to be a place you discuss the idea of UFOs and maybe show why and what you think about them. Instead this place is DEBUNK city. People are convinced there is a logical explanation for everything. That just isn't the case. I'm convinced that when people actually show the real thing someday, these forums still won't believe it. When the # did everybody become an expert on UFOs? You can make an assumption and give your opinion, but honestly you people who think you have it all figured out are just as clueless as the people who are posting "proof". #ing ENJOY the idea and possibilities. Someone compiled all the footage into one here : COMPILED FOOTAGE

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
If I were an advanced species who wished to observe another species who is conscious and also technologically advanced... what form would I adapt my craft to in order to observe without causing panic?

Oh wait... we don't even need to think that big. What do we do with a vehicle we take an a safari to observe animals?

The point of this is that NONE of us can know anymore than a lion will know whether there is a camera observing it inside of a tree. So we just make up our own minds. There is no reason except our lack of understanding that aliens/higher dimensions wouldn't take the form of standard looking airplanes, chinese lanters, etc. Basically anything that can be easily explained away.

A lot of times I see the fighting about whether it is or isn't to be similar to left/right in politics. The only purpose the argument serves unless "the others" are openly talking to us is to simply explore *why* each side believes what they do. Taking the stance of "disbelieve until proven otherwise" is fundamentally no different than holding the disbelieving human flight was possible until proven. A fine traditional stance, but... well... wrong. It just can't be known as wrong until afterwards, but it required someone to believe *despite*... or order to reach it.

Namaste!
edit on 28-8-2011 by ErgoTheConfusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by MilzGatez

Come on man, I'm trying to help you out. The lanterns from the video you showed me weren't let off in tropical force winds. The bronx lights were filmed when Irene made landfall. So, who's to say lanterns won't be pushed around- up, down, sideways- in hurricane force winds. The pressure and winds at that altitude are much stronger in hurricane force winds. As much as I WANT these lights to be ufos, there's just not a sufficient amount of evidence. There are multiple videos from different angles, but none include anybody actually zooming in (with focus) to get a better picture of what we're really looking at.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Arrrr

Maybe in other parts of NY but certainly not in the Bronx

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

Who knows but how dare you disrespect my fellow New Yorkers. Have fun getting reported Troll.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Clearly alien spaceships. It's so obvious. How could it be anything BUT?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arrrr

Come on man, I'm trying to help you out. The lanterns from the video you showed me weren't let off in tropical force winds. The bronx lights were filmed when Irene made landfall. So, who's to say lanterns won't be pushed around- up, down, sideways- in hurricane force winds. The pressure and winds at that altitude are much stronger in hurricane force winds. As much as I WANT these lights to be ufos, there's just not a sufficient amount of evidence. There are multiple videos from different angles, but none include anybody actually zooming in (with focus) to get a better picture of what we're really looking at.

So look at what you're saying ........ so why is it the Bronx lights are more stable and arent moving as much as the ones that shows lanterns?

the lanterns video is clearly a nice day, no hurricane coming,good weather... and they moving a lot more then the ones from the Bronx and it was an hurricane coming...... so please help me understand this...

Why when hurricane is coming, those Bronx lights arent moving like the lantern video when that lantern video the weather is perfectly fine but yet they are moving and not stable as the bronx lights?
edit on 28-8-2011 by MilzGatez because: (no reason given)

THANK YOU 3xil3.. you made me realize I was wrong with my timing...very true..... the hurricane wasnt even around NY during these videos...
edit on 28-8-2011 by MilzGatez because: a thanx

link   

Originally posted by chaztekno
Having not read all 10 pages yet, im just wondering weather this is why the evacuated certain areas? maybe they knew about this in advance?, maybe a landing in the evacuated area? just putting this out there, not saying i believe it or anything!

See my post on it in this thread.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

link   

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arrrr

Come on man, I'm trying to help you out. The lanterns from the video you showed me weren't let off in tropical force winds. The bronx lights were filmed when Irene made landfall. So, who's to say lanterns won't be pushed around- up, down, sideways- in hurricane force winds. The pressure and winds at that altitude are much stronger in hurricane force winds.
the hurricane was nowhere near NY 2 days ago. it was just hitting florida NO tropical force winds anywhere near newyork ....and you mention "pressure and winds at that altitude are much stronger in hurricane force winds".. you have absolutely no idea how high these objects were

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
When they start doing this drop me a line, until then il be sleeping, thanks!

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
Could it be some sort of emergency preparedness vehicles like helicopters? The man in the video alludes to that possibility.

Pretty neat video though!

This is what happens when helicopters fly that close to each other:

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Wow, that sure wasnt an airplane, helicopter or chinese lantern!!! As long as CGI isnt an issue, we have some great footage here! A ufo by definition.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

I'm going to make this very simple for you to understand. When you zoom in on something that is a good deal of a distance away, movement becomes greatly exaggerated. Example: Watch a comet with the naked eye, seems to be moving relatively slow across the night sky. Now take a telescope and tell me how much you have to move the telescope to keep the comet within the eyesight.

The Bronx video is taken from a much greater distance than the lantern video. Watch the Bronx video again and tell me how fast the lower light takes to reach the lights (lanterns) that have already reached their maximum velocity. Plus, if your an alien civilization that just travel who knows how far, wouldn't you have fixed the problem of flickering lights on your space craft?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3xil3

ok then explain why there are like 4 at beginning then 5 sec later like 8 of them telling me 4 just zip up there instantly from the wind
because lanterns don't just light up on their own

the whole lantern theory would stick if all objects were visible the entire video and they're not

The guy with the camera moves further down the street after filming the initial 4 visible lanterns. The other lanterns that are revealed in the next shot of the sky were previously hidden behind the building.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

This video is extremely annoying! He won't stop moving the camera! Just keep it pointing in one direction!!!!! ahhh!

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by 3xil3

Correct you are!
I guess the title of the video from the OP should have been more clear than, but I'll leave this one on myself as I was not paying attention to the date the video was uploaded.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join