It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO's captured over New York Last night 8-26(Identified- Chinese Lanterns)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Here is a link that may help those who do and DONT believe the lights in the vids here at this thread are Chinese lanterns. Also, Im sure there was a thread here a few weeks ago with videos showing the difference between lanterns and other lights in the sky. Have searched but nadda so far.

HELP IDENTIFYING CHINESE LANTERNS

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

I see a difference between the Bronx lights and the lanterns

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
seen this yesterday when i was on youtube

thought helicopter at first but more show up out of nowhere and lol at people saying lanterns...lanterns do not just light up in mid flight
there are 4 at beginning of vid then all of sudden like 8 of them...lazy debunkers need to layoff the lantern theory

also has it been discussed why one of them is going all retarded at the beginning of the vid jumping up and down?

edit on 28-8-2011 by 3xil3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Rosen

That looked as though it was water on the camera lens blowing off.

That's what I saw.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Mark_Frost

lanterns u say?? rooftop conspiracies?? lol watch these and tell me if you still honestly think that.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 28-8-2011 by spyder4728 because: forgot the link

link   
reply to post by Zeer0

You don't say? Since you're from New York, I'm sure you're familiar with the "ufo" sighting not even a year ago. Here's a link in case you have forgotten newyork.cbslocal.com... BUT yes, no New Yorkers care about ufos. I forgot some people are capable of personally knowing all the 1.6 million plus people walking around that island.

Also, as far as the video goes from the OP, I'm not going to scream fake or hoax (I want these lights to be ufos as much as the next person,) but the "ufos" in this video seem to be floating along. The video is very much real, but I have to question the lights. In my opinion, I believe the lights are from a flame, and the lights go out on the objects in the sky because they have reached an altitude where the flames no long have the oxygen to burn. Notice the light on the bottom that appears towards the middle of the video, seems to be floating up to join his other friends. I believe some of the lights seem to appear out of nowhere because this video was taken in a huge city, meaning tall buildings or other objects might not be seen due to the darkness. I'm not stating this as fact, just my opinion.
edit on 28-8-2011 by Arrrr because: (no reason given)

link   
Definitely Chinese lanterns.

How do I know? I lit a few a couple of years ago when in Asia. The behavior is identical.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by izero

more lanterns for you.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghostfreak1

Its common knowledge basically for that area in NY. No one even really cares about UFO's in the Bronx so why wound they try to fake it and why wouldnt anyone come out and say they released these 'lanterns'?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Zeer0

Because maybe they are flickering? Get dimmer and brighter?

It would be a Steady Light , or a Blinking light if it was a Military vehicle.

Chinese Lanterns look like a plausable explanation.

Also , what is up with Common Knowledge that no one cares about UFOs in the bronx? When does Common Knowledge apply to thousands of people. There is always several people outside of common knowledge and it only takes one person , or two to set these things off for religious reasons or a joke.

---------------------

If investigators studied this , they would quicly and confidently say they are Lanterns. I think , they do nothing out of the ordinary.

The only thing that was out of the Ordinary was the other lights just popping up fairly quickly in the video , but of course we had his camera pointing at the ground.

---------------------

Now if we saw one Zip off the screen back toward the camera ... then sir ... that would be a freakin UFO , but they dont.
edit on 04/30/2011 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Why are the cameras always shaking when UFOs are in sight? One would think that, although excited, someone spotting a real UFO would want to keep the camera as steady as possible-- or over the thousands of reported sightings, at least one individual would have had a tripod on their person and known how to use it.

These shaky recordings make it impossible for skeptics to collect the information necessary to make a legitimate assessment of the sighting. Not much can be said about this video that has not already been said about thousands of others just like it. There is no reason to suspect that it is extraterrestrial.
edit on 28-8-2011 by thenebbishroute because: typo

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

All together in one area like that? and just staying right there? maybe for a little while, but that long a period? Not saying its not the case, it just doesn't seem likely..nor safe.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
This is a good video showing multiple objects and while these objects came in with Hurricane Irene, it only adds fuel to the fire to consider that other similar objects have been seen and reported with Hurricane Irene as it moved up the east coast.

While the presence of so many unknown objects being associated with Hurricane Irene, it only makes me think that perhaps these objects may have something to do with the steering of Irene to where we see it today.

There have been many suspicions about Hurricane being steered and there are even ATS threads about that subject matter. As such, when repeated reports begin to show the same type objects moving with a Hurricane, it begs the question, how are they doing this and why?

While the presence of orbs or unknown objects has been present since Hurricane Irene formed, it does raise many questions of whether the storm was created and steered by those that possess such technology to do what it has done since Hurricane Irene came on the scene.

Many have also stated that Hurricane Irene is an intentional distraction and if so, then being able to see who and what is controlling and steering the storm gets one to thinking, are these UFO of an alien nature or are these UFO's man made secret technology used by the elites to create storms, steer storms and in the process create the biggest distraction that the east coast has seen ever.

This video coverage is obviously an average citizen looking up and recording what he saw. I trust the video and believe what he recorded is proof that Hurricane Irene was an intentional distraction that was brought into existence by secret weather technologies and managed by the UFO's that stayed with the storm as it moved along the east coast.

As a distraction, this Hurricane Irene filled the bill and now that we are seeing more and more evidence of strange UFO type objects associated with Hurricane Irene, I just don't know how anyone could deny that something is not quite right with Hurricane Irene.

We may never really know what is going on, but this latest UFO video capture only supports the theory that Hurricane Irene was man made and used to create fear, panic while the politicians and the government used it to hide or distract us from what we should have been focusing on had not Hurricane Irene never materialized.

Thanks for the thread and thanks again for taking the time to read these thoughts.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Of course it does.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghostfreak1
Why are captured ufos always at best a few dots of lights ?

If you go somewhere undercover (if there are visitors, it's obvious they are undercover... would have gone public already otherwise) with your car by night, do you switch on the lights ?
Would be kinda dumb huh ?

What makes people think that a civilization that can travel accross space into huge distances would NEED to use some lights of any kind ? We have infrared vision and other night vision technologies already... Why wouldn't they ?
edit on 28/8/2011 by Ghostfreak1 because: grammar

Some people claim the propulsion system is based upon anti-gravity and does emit photons when engaged. I guess they can not switch it off. And on the other hand, when humans travel around, they don't care of their car lights are spotted by the animals .. so maybe they don't care either ?

Edit to add:

In at least one video you can clearly see how some of the objects move in opposite directions, and come very close to each other, almost touching themselves. I think that pretty much rules out the Chinese lantern and the Helicopter theory. Furthermore I did not see any mandatory position lights, so that does rule out civilian and "normal" military air traffic as well.

What remains ? "not so normal" military vehicles that couldn't care less about aviation regulations, or something from further "out there" .. not much else in my books left to consider.
edit on 28-8-2011 by H1ght3chHippie because: (no reason given)

Edit2: And of course we can also rule out any form of para-gliders, hang-gliders, or any other type of ultra-light planes and also we can rule out balloons with candles attached to them because Irene would have torn them out of the sky and blown the candles out in a matter of seconds.
edit on 28-8-2011 by H1ght3chHippie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
6 pages for Lanterns?

Seriously?

My reasoning for lanterns...

small lights
that flicker
seen in groups with odd stragglers
seem to disappear
move slowly in the same direction
seen at night

How many more are needed?

I don't know how desperate people are (ok, 6 pages enough) to try and make these into UFO's and beyond but take a step back, look at what I've posted and hand on heart, how can you say those are more than that.

What worries me more is when I see "those are definitely not lanterns", where's the logic in that, those lights did all the things lanterns do that I have seen myself, where's the thing that makes them NOT lanterns?

I've seen lanterns move 3 or 4 times faster than those, just because you cannot feel the wind where you are does not mean its not blowing, most people in cities are fairly well sheltered from ordinary winds.

Its blind faith like that which makes these forums a joke at times.

And here's the rub, I'm NOT a debunker, I'm a believer but come on, look at those for goodness sake, I don't think we need to call in Will Smith to save us from them!

A proper believer will eliminate the obvious fairly and squarely, once its proved its not normal they will then try and work out what it is beyond that.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12

The only thing that was out of the Ordinary was the other lights just popping up fairly quickly in the video , but of course we had his camera pointing at the ground.

He had the camera pointing down for like 5 sec as he crossed the street
take hell of allot longer for lanterns or anything to float up in that location so quickly

Am I saying these are alien spaceship NO im saying the are unidentified flying objects just like the headline says...
and i am open to a reasonable explanation and lantern theory is just not cutting it for me with this this vid
edit on 28-8-2011 by 3xil3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Mclaneinc

6 pages in only a few hours... be prepared to see this lantern thread quickly reach 20-25 pages...

Btw I'm totally with you on this one.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
This is so sad. Half of this forum thread is spamming "lanterns" Im pretty sure at the top of this website their is something that says..."Deny Ignorance" Don't come to this website if you cant hold proper debates and replies. Stop being so damn ignorant and open your mind. Chinese Lanterns my ass...

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mclaneinc
6 pages for Lanterns?

Seriously?

I woke up and this thread has 56 flags and counting.

My reasoning for lanterns. I know what lanterns look like. They look like the OP video!

P.S. I'm not throwing 30 minutes of my life away reading the whole thread. I am sure someone has already tried to help you to do the same and failed.

edit on 28/8/11 by Pimander because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join