It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO's captured over New York Last night 8-26(Identified- Chinese Lanterns)

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Arrrr

But it is off topic. You postulate these are indeed the lanterns set off in her memory. Show me the connection. Until then, it is off topic and doesn't debunk anything. Just a red herring

Next

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

And this is what happens when you enter a conversation when I have already proven my points based off more facts than anybody else has been able to post. You're the first person who has thought that post was off topic. You must only read the posts on the most recent page.. I don't have to explain myself and why I believe these are the very lanterns that she set off. I'll leave it to you to go back and read what I have said.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Arrrr

Fair enough. Please refer me to the pages in question where you provide evidence connecting the two. I read selectively if I haven't been on the thread from the beginning.

All I have seen thus far is you pointing to a link pointing to a link.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

I dunno but im interested in seeing how long lanterns stay lit when theres a hurricane approaching. i'll have to look into the wind speed and direction for that night

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

I dunno but im interested in seeing how long lanterns stay lit when theres a hurricane approaching. i'll have to look into the wind speed and direction for that night

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

That's hilarious if you think I'm going to make this easy on you. Then only input you have put into this thread so far has been COMPLETELY off topic. Anybody can say "pics or it didn't happen." Simple-minded people are quick to point the finger, but have no opinion of their own that brings any value to the table. How about this, prove me wrong, then you will have gotten my respect back. Until then, please stop nagging.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Here's another recording from Bronx, New York. Listen to these people's reaction. "Look guys, the Aliens are comin." LOL!

edit on 28-8-2011 by FadeProof because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Arrrr

I lost your respect? booo

Tell you what champ. I'll take a surprisingly accurate guess as to why you have come to the conclusion why an unrelated death and these lights are related WITHOUT wading through 17 pages. Someone said that someone said that someone sent a text confirming what someone else said. Pretty close?

Pics or it didn't happen dude. Its the same boring mantra skeptics throw around here at ATS. Your claim and UFO claims are 6 or one 1/2 of a dozen. And yes, I am contributing. I am willing to run dialog with you for the exchange of ideas. You however, are unwilling because you would rather gain enjoyment from me sitting through pages first.

Its ok

ETA: Looks like you came in around page 10. And by a quick glance of your posts, you were a proponent of the lantern theory from the get go. I have seen nothing else to shed light on why this death has anything whatsoever to do with this sighting. Moreover, it would appear you just stacked the deck with a BS card. Your the worst kind of skeptic...

edit on 28-8-2011 by FlySolo because: add on

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by OUNjahhryn

Well I gave an answer of the typical duration. Most use candles. Tealights are probably the norm. So 3+ hours being the minimal time.

They are housed so that would negate wind to a degree. I have no idea how much in a storm like that...

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

woooohhh dude bro hang ten wait a sec! YES! You are so right, every UFO video that has ever been posted on ATS has been proven to be REAL.

Of course I don't want to help you. From the moment you spoke in this thread you have insulted and challenged me, without any valuable contribution besides "pics or it didn't happen bro." Your immaturity is speaking quite loud right now.

Edit: Don't know what video you watched, but the lights in every video posted of these ufos have the same characteristics of lanterns. Plus, there is a story behind it. It's not the first time floating lights in the sky have been proven to be lanterns. Believe me, I want these lights to be extraterrestrials just as much as the next person, but logic tells me otherwise.
edit on 28-8-2011 by Arrrr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by torsion

Originally posted by Arrrr
This was in memory of Yaritza Pacheco that passed away 8/21/11 by a stray bullet on 174th st.

michellinda25 3 minutes ago
These are not ufos. These were lanterns released in memory of my lil sis who passed away.

michellinda25 8 minutes ago

And just in case you think this lady is talking out of here AAA www.dailymail.co.uk...
edit on 28-8-2011 by Arrrr because: (no reason given)

No doubt the Believers will accuse her of being a paid government disinfo agent black ops debunker CIA troll.

I don't know either way.

But it's a pretty easy disinfo mechanism. Find someone who died recently, preferably one in a tragic manner, pretend to have known them and set off lanterns. Voila, debunked for most people. They just need a logical answer (regardless of verification) that fits their point of view, and if it happens to feel good... wh00!

Do I know if that's what's happening here? No of course not. But if you hold the view that it's absurd that disinfo *wouldn't* be used like that, you essentially make it so it's always going to be effective against you without you ever having a clue.

Namaste!

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by MTerence

No doubt its real, ofcorse some debnker will be along shortly to say it isnt, if they where real floating chinese lanterns im sure they would acend and not move directly sideways, deffinantly real, but another thing, UFO sightings are getting more and more frequent, on Latest-ufo-sightings, i see so many reports on there, in the month of august there must have been atleast 20-30 reports that acutally happened in the month of august. somethings up and its getting verry unusual, i live in the southern hemisphere and we hardly ever see ufo sighting here, but yet again where i live australia is a BIG country, and yet UFO's hardly bother with us, i live in a remote region and still nothing.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by onehuman
reply to post by semicolonsmile

WOW this is great! We now have 4 different angles. It is almost like a ufo dream. Being as they are from different areas really makes me wonder about this sighting even more.

Im also impressed how calm all the people are for the most part. Doesnt seem like mass madness to me that some are convinced would occur. Just more of a curiosity really.

Dare I hope more footage comes forward

Since it a slow night you could catch up on this
You may need it very soon

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Member Profile

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

I could make 20-30 videos a week and you would believe they were UFO's.
Its very easily done...too easy...thats why there are soooooo many vids.

I could use a crap camera, out of focus...zoom in using a digital zoom onto a plane in the dark and claim it was silent....and moved at tremendous speeds. Only i would know it was a plane....and 99% of the people on here would claim to have seen the same thing....and come with up with all kinds of bs to make it a ufo.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arrrr
...but logic tells me otherwise.

Logic is not infallible... especially in the face of not having all the information at our disposal. You can't logically argue that there aren't aliens/spirits in material form living in New York City that look enough like humans to interact. Then they disguise their ships as chinese lanterns... so when someone they interact with has some event that creates a moment of opportunity to observe... they jump on it knowing it's easily obscured and ignored by everyone.

Am I claiming this *is* what happened? No... but it is genuinely incredible to see the lack of imagination applied by debunkers. It is the debunking position that *should* be the most imaginative of the two, because it is what *should* require looking at a situation for the most angles possible. It is the debunker position that in reality is supposed to present the above scenario and prove it false. Until that is done, it is not *debunked*, it's just not considered likely with the given information.

Logic can tell you that it is *impossible* the hare will ever catch the tortoise... yet observation shows it to be possible. This is because that particular logic system is not complete.

Logic is good, but if you think logic (especially your internal) is going to find you at the right answer, you're going to be mistaken. Sometimes we will know a scenario is true, but have no logical explanation until longer after first discovered said truth, and then found out later information that filled in the blanks and explained all the past anomalies, even ones we didn't realize were anomalies under our previous logic system.

Part of your logic should also be exploring why you *want* to believe? Is there a part of your information storage that is perhaps subconsciously telling you that perhaps it isn't as logical? Where did this want to believe come from? Where did the convinced it isn't true come from? Where did these ideas originate, and how have they grown?

I am not trying to argue that Chinese Laterns ARE being used as camouflage designs for alien/spirit purposes... but I am trying to argue that it isn't an *illogical* situation. It was illogical to consider someone travelling from London to New York in a few hours 200 years ago... yet now it's not even considered interesting.

Namaste!

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigvig316
This video is an interesting find. It is either the real deal, or the greatest fake ever. I hope it was real and not some kind of military maneuver .

As in D4rk Knight
build up to Oct 28/11
Since it a slow night you could catch up on this
You may need it very soon

Member Profile

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Trillium

First link is a HOAX....say no more....nuff said

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I wished to offer this perspective to those who keep asking "If Aliens are here... why would they keep doing these 1) easily explained with conventional methods and 2) why don't they just come out or 3) why would they have lights?"

This is an excerpt from the Law of One. Yes, I get that some of you will immediately turn off to this, and that's ok. Make special note of the second to last paragraph and the final one in particular:

7.12 Questioner: I am interested in the application of the Law of One as it pertains to free will with respect to what I would call the advertising done by UFO contacts with the planet Earth. The Council seems to have allowed the quarantine to be lifted many times over the past thirty years. This seems to me to be a form of advertising for what we are doing right now, so that more people will be awakened. Am I correct?

Ra: I am Ra. It will take a certain amount of untangling of conceptualization of your mental complex to reform your query into an appropriate response. Please bear with us.

The Council of Saturn has not allowed the breaking of quarantine in the time/space continuum you mentioned. There is a certain amount of landing taking place. Some of these landings are of your peoples. Some are of the entities known to you as the group of Orion.

Secondly, there is permission granted, not to break quarantine by dwelling among you, but to appear in thought form capacity for those who have eyes to see.

Thirdly, you are correct in assuming that permission was granted at the time/space in which your first nuclear device was developed and used for Confederation members to minister to your peoples in such a way as to cause mystery to occur. This is what you mean by advertising and is correct. The mystery and unknown quality of the occurrences we are allowed to offer have the hoped-for intention of making your peoples aware of infinite possibility. When your peoples grasp infinity, then and only then, can the gateway be opened to the Law of One.

So now imagine: You are a human travelling the galaxy. You come across a planet to observe, and are able to construct something that will allow you to blend in reasonably well with the entities you are observing. Your desire is to open their minds to the possibility you exist without just scaring everyone like night time animals when the lights suddenly turn on.

First you start telling stories. CRAZY stories but stories that spark the imagination for things they have never heard of or conceived about people in the stars, etc. To you they are documentary, but you couch them in an interesting story which they want to tell over and over (especially an inspiring one).

Then you start taking normal things, and start putting them in out of place scenarios. You jokingly suggest it was the characters from your story (it was, because YOU are the character from the story, remember?). This sparks a new concept in them: "What if it were possible?"

Remember, it already *is* possible because they are already interacting with an alien, they just don't know it.

People get used to thinking about it being possible, but without any proof over time they get so used to the idea that it's just second nature that it's not true. So they aren't worried about it.

Now you start doing some things which are MUCH harder to explain, but still seem similar *enough* to conventional explanations that most accept this as is. If they start to get scared, you simply have another event that is obviously the conventional explanation, but is similar to the other one. Now everyone is assured everything is back to normal.

However a few start to see a pattern emerging in their awareness they can't shake... and even see some contradictions... but they are shut up by the others in the group who can't perceive the pattern yet and made to believe they are stupid for believing the children's stories. Kinda like a person telling someone they are stupid for seeing a picture in an Autostereogram.

This is where we are right now in our story.

Namaste!
edit on 28-8-2011 by ErgoTheConfusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I emailed the girl who claims her sister died and who released the supposed Chinese lanterns that some are claiming these are. I asked her all the important questions including HOW MANY they did release.

I have yet to see a Chinese lantern release video that are of only 5 or so lanterns. That is something people with strong Asian culture partake in yes? Is it common for regular old New Yorker Spanish Americans to partake in this ritual?

Here's one of her comment on the main YT video....

ur a *snip* piece of *snip*. My sis was murdered on 8/21 n her name was yaritza pacheco. These lanterns were released on our block on friday the day we buried her u sick son of a bitch.
michellinda25

She said this to a guy who said that these ain't no Chinese lanterns.
Sounds like a caring spiritual person to me.

It's very hard to think of much when a loved one is murdered, you pretty much need a lot of help from friends and family and are a mess for a while. I'm not sure I'd be thinking about "what else" to do on the day of my family member's funeral besides what already needed to be done.

If I hear back from her, I'll post it here.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
So chineese lanterns is the new fad?

Used to be weather ballons and swamp gas........

oh well, some people NEVER learn!

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join