It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO's captured over New York Last night 8-26(Identified- Chinese Lanterns)

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Yeah, i read her comments too. I really don't think she would be spending her time trying to debunk UFOs. She would still be mourning, or I don't know maybe working, or something else more constructive with her time. #, people believe words over their own eyes. Why does everyone think they are #ing experts on this board? Until there is complete and clear evidence that these are lanterns, these objects are still unidentified. If anyone here is in NY do me a favor and set off some more Chinese lanterns and see if you get the same results that these videos produced. Again, no one is explaining how more objects just appear.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
As this pertains to the last post....this is why I say that a single video or video of anything posted here....is of little use. Too many questions or possibilities. Where would I suggest to look for a smoking gun? Look at statements by the American Astronaut...Mitchel....look at othe statements by Astronauts or Cosmonauts.

Look at First Responders Protocols for Police and Fire....published by FEMA...before 1998...I believe that is the cut off date. Look for statements by former Lockheed employees. Look at old newspaper headlines from the late 40's and 50's....this is before a media plan was put into effect and has statements by Military, FBI, Goverment Legislators as well as eye witness accounts verified by USAF personel as well as people on the street.

Try not to listen to fringe researchers or groups that intertwine all that is E.T. with every conspiracy. Most of these people are just trying to make a buck. Split Infinity

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by serisony

Does this look familiar ?
Even some of the responses from sound familiar

Different sighting , different place .....same thing .

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Lol in that video there are still people not convinced. That doesn't help the argument. I'd literally have to see a video of someone setting these off and than also see a far away angle shot of the same lanterns traveling for the duration of there flight for it to confirm. Still unidentified. To know, is to experience something for yourself. Otherwise you don't actually know, your either assuming, or giving an opinion on a theory.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

post by serisony
I'd literally have to see a video of someone setting these off and than also see a far away angle shot of the same lanterns traveling for the duration of there flight for it to confirm.

OK .

post by serisony
Lol in that video there are still people not convinced.

Just like in this thread , some people will always turn away from the evidence if it doesn't fit with their view of something .
edit on 28-8-2011 by gortex because: Edit to add

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arrrr
reply to post by MRedfield

Correct you are, but you missed the most important part! A more proactive member contacted the Youtube user and made sure the story was straight, and well, it all seems to be true.

Originally posted by Zeer0
Well it turns out that her story checks out so this one is Bunked. Mods you know what to do.

I mean this in the most respectful way possible, but I honestly am not just writing this off because one of our members messaged the youtuber and got a confirmation VIA text.

If a video surfaces of them releasing the lanterns on that night (Which, there should be one if they really did it. That's something you would want to hold on to for a while, being your sister and all), then I will fully join the debunkers and say this was a set of lanterns.

As of now though, I still think they aren't lanterns for many reasons.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

If you don't mind me asking, what do you think they are? Your logic has me quite confused. You say you need video evidence of this lady setting off a memorial of lanterns for her sister, but I couldn't imagine you would just assume it's something else.
Everyone who is quick to yell ufo (not saying that's what you think it is) doesn't ask to see the ufos taking off or landing. So why would there need to be video evidence of the lantern vigil? As far as I'm concerned there is plenty of evidence in favor of lanterns. We have the who, michellelinda25. The what, chinese lanterns. The when and why, she let them off on friday the 26th and it was part of the burial service for her sister killed a few days earlier. And we have the where, on her block in the Bronx (same borough most of these videos came from.)

Edit: p.s. thanks for being respectful, I hope I returned the favor
edit on 28-8-2011 by Arrrr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghostfreak1
Why are captured ufos always at best a few dots of lights ?

Maybe because they are dots of light (orbs).

What makes people think that a civilization that can travel accross space into huge distances would NEED to use some lights of any kind ? We have infrared vision and other night vision technologies already... Why wouldn't they ?

Your're predicating that on the notion they are concerned about being filmed, and about being caught. What if they are completely confident they can escape each time.

You are also making the assumption that the 'UFO' is a craft... I mean an alien UFO. What if the 'dot of light' is the alien itself, and it radiates light.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Good video. It is interesting to listening to the voices in the background all viewing the lights. You can hear multiple different witnesses who seemed not to be acquaintances of the cameraperson but passers by who saw the same strange light over their head.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
believers wont believe someone who said they launched Chinese lanterns but they'll believe anyone who says they saw an alien spaceship.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

If you don't mind me asking, what do you think they are? Your logic has me quite confused. You say you need video evidence of this lady setting off a memorial of lanterns for her sister, but I couldn't imagine you would just assume it's something else.
Everyone who is quick to yell ufo (not saying that's what you think it is) doesn't ask to see the ufos taking off or landing. So why would there need to be video evidence of the lantern vigil? As far as I'm concerned there is plenty of evidence in favor of lanterns. We have the who, michellelinda25. The what, chinese lanterns. The when and why, she let them off on friday the 26th and it was part of the burial service for her sister killed a few days earlier. And we have the where, on her block in the Bronx (same borough most of these videos came from.)

Edit: p.s. thanks for being respectful, I hope I returned the favor

I have no idea what they could be, but having seen lanterns myself in person from a distance, those really don't look like them. Maybe they were industrial sized, or they used much bigger flames, but normal lanterns are extremely faint from a distance and tend to only raise straight with minimal lateral movement. These lights, not so much.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I guess it was the Chinese Lantern people that created all those
verified Crop Circles too
But you're right, if you can't see it, it
doesn't exist.
edit on 28-8-2011 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
please fill out this form.

When were the lanterns lit _______
Where were the lanterns lit_______
what was the wind direction________
was it in the direction of the ufo sightings_______
how long do chinese lanterns stay lit______
what time were the ufo's seen______

those 6 questions will put this to rest or make it more interesting.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by OUNjahhryn

Ask her those ?'s, I'd love to see the answers...

www.youtube.com...

She likes Lil' Kim and has a nasty potty mouth. And her sister's last name was Pacheco, hardly Asian.
Ask her how many people came to an Spanish funeral with Chinese lanterns. How come every C.Lantern video I see is of 100s of lanterns and never of like 8 or 9?

edit on 28-8-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by OUNjahhryn

I am skeptic of the lantern explanation BUT....

"How long do Chinese lanterns stay lit?". 3-8 hours on average I would guess, as they typically use candles. Tealights can last 3+, larger ones longer...

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by OUNjahhryn
please fill out this form.

When were the lanterns lit _______
Where were the lanterns lit_______
what was the wind direction________
was it in the direction of the ufo sightings_______
how long do chinese lanterns stay lit______
what time were the ufo's seen______

those 6 questions will put this to rest or make it more interesting.

I copy & pasted this on the video she was commenting on, now we wait.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

This was in memory of Yaritza Pacheco that passed away 8/21/11 by a stray bullet on 174th st.

michellinda25 3 minutes ago
These are not ufos. These were lanterns released in memory of my lil sis who passed away.

michellinda25 8 minutes ago

And just in case you think this lady is talking out of here AAA www.dailymail.co.uk...

-Time for a nap

OMG where does it say anything about lanterns being let go in her memory? All you've managed to show is yes, someone died. Waaaaay off topic.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

This is why they are being written off as lanterns.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Pics or it didn't happen.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

"I have no idea what they could be, but having seen lanterns myself in person from a distance, those really don't look like them. Maybe they were industrial sized, or they used much bigger flames, but normal lanterns are extremely faint from a distance and tend to only raise straight with minimal lateral movement. These lights, not so much"

That is not entirely correct, weathering conditions apply. I see them all the time and they are never faint, except at a near time of extinguishment, that could be at high altitude or at lateral progression, either way the light will out. In low density areas they can drift laterally for a long time, above a city like NY urban heat would make any lighter than air object's lateral progress more chaotic, and that is what you see in all the videos, drunken 'UFO's'
not exactly under intelligent control.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

So, it looks like you have misunderstood why I posted the story. I know it doesn't say anything about lanterns, I read it. I posted it to relate it to the story she was telling. Nobody, in their right mind, would make up a story like this lady has if it wasn't true. The article is just to confirm her sister died in the very manner she said. So sorry, you are wrong, not off topic at all.
NEXT

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join