It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Happens To The Souls Of The 40 Million Babies That Are Aborted Every Year ?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
OK. I'll play. The souls never inhabit the bodies in the first place. Do you really think a soul has nothing better to do than sit around in a womb for 9 months and write his name on the wall? Of course not. The soul enters the body at birth or shortly thereafter. If the fetus is aborted the soul does a flyby and comes in for another landing elsewhere.
soul or no soul,everyone could argue that point forever and we will all find out the answer to that question someday....abortion is still the thoughtless annihilation of over 40,000,000 living breathing humans every year,a vast and horrible genocide and the huge amounts of bad karma that we reap for allowing this to continue results in all the missery and disaster in our world...

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Originally posted by windword

Originally posted by caladonea
reply to post by windword

Me thinks thou protests too much.......

What does that mean? Is that supposed to mean that my argument is invalid or trivial? You quoted and agreed with a lawmaker/politician who wants to outlaw abortion. I will "protest too much" against this mindset.

The OP, by asking where unborn babies go, is posing a religious question. Calling abortion murder is a religious assumption based on the assumption of a soul If an unborn fetus has no soul, would we still be talking about murder? No, we would only be discussing a medical procedure, which is exactly what an abortion is.

Oh the humanity! Where do the unborn go when they aren't born?

People who claim that unborn babies have no soul are wrong. The Spartan women used to tell themselves this same thing 2500 years ago so that they would feel better about leaving their deformed or sick babies in the woods for the wolves to eat or the elements to kill.

A truly civilized society will not fall to mysticism to make themselves feel better about murdering a life. A life is a life, from the moment it is concieved it has a spirit and soul, till the moment it dies and that spirit and soul leaves its body. These people that believe babies have no soul before they are born are lying to themselves so they can feel better about murdering a child because they are scared and don't want to take responsibility for their actions.

Get a clue. Your actions have consequences, if youre dumb enough to put yourself into a position where you end up getting pregnant then you should be made to face the music. By letting these people abort innocent babies, all that teaches them is that they can get knocked up, and then go kill the baby. You teach them nothing about being a responsible adult.

My wife and i cannot even have children, and we would love to adopt some, but it costs too much and ALOT of infertile couples run into the same thing. Get rid of the high scosts of adopting babies, and maybe we can save some babies from being butchered.

Below is a link i posted to show you the fruits of what happens when you murder and unborn child. If you still think its right after seeing these pics, then you are an immoral person and the world would have been a better place if YOU had been aborted.

www.100abortionpictures.com...
if anyone can look through the "enlarged" versions of the aborted baby pictures in this link ^^^ and still say its not murder,then you,as far as i'm concerned,are living in complete denial...

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula

Originally posted by schuyler
OK. I'll play. The souls never inhabit the bodies in the first place. Do you really think a soul has nothing better to do than sit around in a womb for 9 months and write his name on the wall? Of course not. The soul enters the body at birth or shortly thereafter. If the fetus is aborted the soul does a flyby and comes in for another landing elsewhere.
soul or no soul,everyone could argue that point forever and we will all find out the answer to that question someday....abortion is still the thoughtless annihilation of over 40,000,000 living breathing humans every year,a vast and horrible genocide and the huge amounts of bad karma that we reap for allowing this to continue results in all the missery and disaster in our world...

Please focus on the actual question asked.

The question was NOT, "Is abortion wrong?"

The question was NOT, "What happens to the babies?"

The question WAS, "What happens to the souls?"

You can argue that we don't know, we can't know, or whatever arguments you want, but the f'ing QUESTION was, "What happens to the SOULS." You can read the title again if you want to make sure. If you want to ask ANOTHER question, by all means do so, but THIS question is about the consequences of abortion on SOULS.

My ANSWER is that it is a stupid question that assumes the souls are there when I believe the souls aren't there yet at all. YMMV.

Now, this is inherently a theological question. I accept the fact that other people have different answers. I'm not arguing against any other answers; I'm arguing for mine. My belief is that although souls may be disappointed they didn't get to connect with a human body this go around, that there is nothing that suggests they, as an entity, are relegated to anyplace other than where they came from. Plus, I believe they will get another shot at incarnation.

I base my belief after reading hundreds of books on subjects such as channeling, life after death, etc. I don't know if they are all correct or none correct, but I do know that when this question is brought up, the answer, every single time, without once being different, is that from the perspective of the soul, it doesn't matter. There are no consequences.

The issues of whether abortion is morally wrong, murder most foul, a scourage against humanity, should be stopped, and all other issues about abortion per se are certainly important and well worth discussing, but they are IRRELEVANT to the actual question on the table: What happens to the souls?

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Well I don't know what happens to these 'souls'....not really sure if I believe they are Souls either. There is no way of knowing...simple as that.

What I do know is all these females who have aborted their child have souls, do you really think they will take this option lightly? They will live with this forever...some can't.

Now, there seems to be many assumptions here on who is having these abortions. Statistics do not give you any information on individuals..collectively, you still only get 'statistics'. How dare anybody question ANY woman who has made the decision to terminate her pregnancy!! For many women/ young girls, it won't be a case of not practising safe sex, her pregnancy could be a result of rape.....by a stranger or her Father, yes..this does happen. Regardless of how she became pregnant, she has the right to decide what is best for her and her unborn child....this is not a decision taken lightly and you can't just say one morning you want one. You need to be assessed on a few occasions before any procedure is even booked.

Then comes Compulsory Abortion...a woman can protest all she likes but that pregnancy will be ended, despite her pleas. I would imagine this counting for quite a few, when personally I, me: just one person know of 8 women this has happened to, some quite late into their pregnancy.

It is the right of the people concerned to make any life changing decisions like that. I would not question anyone who goes ahead and has one as they have their own reasons for the choices they make. I am nobody to question them!

Life is not black and white, is does not come with a Rule Book. People decide what is best for them for all sorts of things, every minute of every day. People have to live with the consequences of decisions they make.

I think this whole thread is in ill taste, peoples emotions should not be up for debate.

Just for the record, I have two children, I've never had an abortion.....as at the time, it was right for me.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by moogle

It's ok some people just don't know what they are on about, they realy can't talk until they them selves have been through the heartache that an abortion brings, I will be reliving the nightmare waiting for my girlfriend to wake up everyday for the rest of my life, and you get some silly f#ckers on hear preaching to me that it's murder, I would love to see what they would of done in my shoes that day.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by DivineInfinity

All I can say to that is thank you

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by DivineInfinity
Well I don't know what happens to these 'souls'....not really sure if I believe they are Souls either. There is no way of knowing...simple as that.

What I do know is all these females who have aborted their child have souls, do you really think they will take this option lightly? They will live with this forever...some can't.

Now, there seems to be many assumptions here on who is having these abortions. Statistics do not give you any information on individuals..collectively, you still only get 'statistics'. How dare anybody question ANY woman who has made the decision to terminate her pregnancy!! For many women/ young girls, it won't be a case of not practising safe sex, her pregnancy could be a result of rape.....by a stranger or her Father, yes..this does happen. Regardless of how she became pregnant, she has the right to decide what is best for her and her unborn child....this is not a decision taken lightly and you can't just say one morning you want one. You need to be assessed on a few occasions before any procedure is even booked.

Then comes Compulsory Abortion...a woman can protest all she likes but that pregnancy will be ended, despite her pleas. I would imagine this counting for quite a few, when personally I, me: just one person know of 8 women this has happened to, some quite late into their pregnancy.

It is the right of the people concerned to make any life changing decisions like that. I would not question anyone who goes ahead and has one as they have their own reasons for the choices they make. I am nobody to question them!

Life is not black and white, is does not come with a Rule Book. People decide what is best for them for all sorts of things, every minute of every day. People have to live with the consequences of decisions they make.

I think this whole thread is in ill taste, peoples emotions should not be up for debate.

Just for the record, I have two children, I've never had an abortion.....as at the time, it was right for me.
abortion has become a casual form of birth control, in this fast lane,i me mine,sex sells everything society of ours and a dead person looks like nothing more than a doll and i believe that part of the animated aspect of a living person is the result of biological interactions and a soul. but without a soul,our bodies would still be alive with our five senses,but we would be like bio-robots. mindless drones without personality or feelings. helpless,emotionless automatons with no imagination or sense of wonder...

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by birdyat101
reply to post by DivineInfinity

All I can say to that is thank you

No need for thanks and I'm glad you have found comfort in it.

I live by the wise words of Jesse Jackson (1941)....."Never look down on someone unless you're helping them up."

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

reply to post by moogle

It's ok some people just don't know what they are on about, they realy can't talk until they them selves have been through the heartache that an abortion brings, I will be reliving the nightmare waiting for my girlfriend to wake up everyday for the rest of my life, and you get some silly f#ckers on hear preaching to me that it's murder, I would love to see what they would of done in my shoes that day.
which was the worse heartache?...eliminating the baby? or seeing far enough beyond yourself to love and care for the little he or she...160 million abortions every four years does'nt sound like theres much heartache involved. its just become a form of birth control..." come on honey,lets go to bed"..."but what if you get pregnant"?..".whatever,i'll just get an abortion"....its really,really sad...

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

abortion has become a casual form of birth control, in this fast lane,i me mine,sex sells everything society of ours and a dead person looks like nothing more than a doll and i believe that part of the animated aspect of a living person is the result of biological interactions and a soul. but without a soul,our bodies would still be alive with our five senses,but we would be like bio-robots. mindless drones without personality or feelings. helpless,emotionless automatons with no imagination or sense of wonder...

That is quite a sweeping statement!!
I see what you are getting at, but I think the majority of society these days, are lacking in empathy.
You cannot expect any sort of fair answer, the beliefs are too broad...namely the posters religion.Then there are people who have lived through it.

I don't believe it is used as a form of birth control......is this world filled with women devoid of emotion? It is a medical procedure, that comes with risks.

On what you perceive people to be like if they had no soul...I can say I know quite a few people like that!

At the end of the day, I can't say a foetus has a soul.......but I can't say it has either.
As harsh as it sounds, I find it more upsetting to think of any human, who has had to go through...then live with such an ordeal. I can wrap your question up in cotton wool and say these souls go and live with the Angels in Gods Kingdom...but not everyone would disagree, nor take it as fact.

I know this is the point of a forum, for people to voice their opinions..but I just find it sad when one cannot think; before posting; things that can cause offence and upset to others.

Logically, you could have assumed that on religion alone, this was not going to get any results. Ultimately, your blasé attitude has no doubt caused hurt and upset to people, who were just going about their day to day life.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

are we trying to justify this 40 million a year genocide by saying that its the babies souls that are making the decision not to be born into this world??? when we dont even know that this is true!...its the careless,thoughtless,wreckless men and women who are eliminating the baby...

Not trying to justify it, just pointing out a different perspective. We don't really know that God exists but a whole lot of people believe in that.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by coyotepoet
reply to post by blocula

are we trying to justify this 40 million a year genocide by saying that its the babies souls that are making the decision not to be born into this world??? when we dont even know that this is true!...its the careless,thoughtless,wreckless men and women who are eliminating the baby...

Not trying to justify it, just pointing out a different perspective. We don't really know that God exists but a whole lot of people believe in that.
thanx for your comment... alien beings and flying saucers are claimed to be seen everyday all over the world...whos seen god? any way i look at it i think abortion is giving the human race massive ammounts of negative karma...

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

any way i look at it i think abortion is giving the human race massive ammounts of negative karma...

Maybe, maybe not. If it is the baby soul's choice does that accrue karma? Likewise, it would be the adult spirit's choice as well. Soul contracts if you will. Do the parents spirit and the childs spirit confab when they are both out of body and agree to that arrangement? Is the accrual of negative karma part of that agreement?

I know I'm going to make myself unpopular with this but...we never know what agreements and life paths individual souls have chosen or why. When we see only the physical side of things we are only seeing part of the picture. And yes, compassion is an appropriate response, as is anger, but only in part.

Take an abused woman or child. On one level it is horrid and inexcusable and definitely generates a lot of negative karma. But say in a previous embodiment that soul was in a body that was the abuser. In the between time that soul realizes the pain they caused the other person and chooses to come back as the abused so that they can experience what they inflicted on the other.

We never know why a person embodies into the life and situation that they do but it is always in perfection even though it doesn't seem perfect to a human with limited human vision.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by coyotepoet
reply to post by blocula

any way i look at it i think abortion is giving the human race massive ammounts of negative karma...

Maybe, maybe not. If it is the baby soul's choice does that accrue karma? Likewise, it would be the adult spirit's choice as well. Soul contracts if you will. Do the parents spirit and the childs spirit confab when they are both out of body and agree to that arrangement? Is the accrual of negative karma part of that agreement?

I know I'm going to make myself unpopular with this but...we never know what agreements and life paths individual souls have chosen or why. When we see only the physical side of things we are only seeing part of the picture. And yes, compassion is an appropriate response, as is anger, but only in part.

Take an abused woman or child. On one level it is horrid and inexcusable and definitely generates a lot of negative karma. But say in a previous embodiment that soul was in a body that was the abuser. In the between time that soul realizes the pain they caused the other person and chooses to come back as the abused so that they can experience what they inflicted on the other.

We never know why a person embodies into the life and situation that they do but it is always in perfection even though it doesn't seem perfect to a human with limited human vision.
how could it possibly be the soul of the babies choice when the adults are making the decision to abort? and i think your on to something when you spoke about the abused soul returning to be the abuser...imagine if the person who is murdered, is able to return and kill "the soul" person that had killed them in a previous life...souls returning for revenge...unfortunately, our five senses only allow us a small view of all that reality might be...

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

how could it possibly be the soul of the babies choice when the adults are making the decision to abort? and i think your on to something when you spoke about the abused soul returning to be the abuser...imagine if the person who is murdered, is able to return and kill "the soul" person that had killed them in a previous life...souls returning for revenge..

Two things:
1) Souls don't have age. Rather than a soul that is a baby, it is a soul that is timeless embodying into a baby. That is how that choice thing works. When we are spirit we are outside of time and space. I know when my son was born he used to get so frustrated that he couldn't make his body work the way he wanted-as if he remembered what it was like to be grown up and was frustrated that this new body didn't allow him the kind of control he wanted.

2) Revenge is a very human construct. It is always about soul growth. Thus, in my example it would be about understanding the pain that they inflicted on somebody in a previous life not about getting back at someone.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
the only reason we are here is to be tested, to see if we help and love eachother whatever the odds, or just lie and hurt,steal and kill... most will fail this test miserably
edit on 29-8-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   

reply to post by moogle

which was the worse heartache?...eliminating the baby? or seeing far enough beyond yourself to love and care for the little he or she...160 million abortions every four years does'nt sound like theres much heartache involved. its just become a form of birth control..." come on honey,lets go to bed"..."but what if you get pregnant"?..".whatever,i'll just get an abortion"....its really,really sad...
you make it sound so easy to go through with an abortion but trust me when I say it's not, why do you think woman have to go to counselling for years after?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   

reply to post by moogle

you make it sound so easy to go through with an abortion but trust me when I say it's not, why do you think woman have to go to counselling for years after?
how quickly after their abortion are they back out clubbing and sleeping around...and getting another abortion...?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
The *Official* view might be those souls go to limbo.
My personal view on the matter is those souls know it's not quite their time and in the blinking of an eye are reborn at a later date either to the original intended parents or some other souls.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   

reply to post by moogle

how quickly after their abortion are they back out clubbing and sleeping around...and getting another abortion...?

Generalise much buddy? There may be *some* woman devoid of a brain, morals and feelings who act that way. The greater majority though outwardly fine by casual observation are inwardly tortured till their dying day.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join