Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

What Happens To The Souls Of The 40 Million Babies That Are Aborted Every Year ?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula

it is not a religious question. if all religions and all religious thought were to vanish right now, there would still remain the issue of do we have a soul or not.what makes you think we dont have a soul? is thinking we dont have one a way of making it acceptable to yourself this protracted genocide of 40 million babies a year...the baby "is a human" its not a cat, or bird, or insect, just because its still in the womb,out of sight,out of mind i guess is how people justify this murderous rampage...take a look at some color pictures of aborted babies,its horrible in the extreme to see a pile of tiny babies laying in a tray...its unbelievable...

Of course it religious. When we refer to the soul we are talking about either a disembodied entity or the spiritual entity that coexists with the body. It is immortal and immaterial.

I never said we don't have a soul. The soul is a religious concept and not a proven fact. There are many moral atheists. I don't think abortion is murder or that many abortions equates genocide. I believe life begins upon the drawing of the first breath, and before that the rights of the mother supersedes the unborn fetus'.

A fetus is not a self aware, sentient human being. It is a potential human being. By stating that an unborn fetus is a human, not a cat, are you saying that a cat has no soul?

Take a look at some pictures of starving children, dis-limbed children and dead bodies littering a war ravaged street and then lets talk about moral responsibilities and priorities.
edit on 28-8-2011 by windword because: (no reason given)
edit on 28-8-2011 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xaberz
Having an abortion has its consequences. For example, there is a chance after an abortion that the mother's chance of having another baby is lowered. That woman might go dancing in order to relieve herself from the stress and worry that she went through. To take her mind off of that amount of pain. Or maybe she doesn't care. And if that's bad joojoo, then she'll receive whatever karma feels is necessary.

It is sad that lots of fetuses die from abortion. But a lot of children also die from malnutrition. I'm not sure the exact number, but simply googling says that 15 million children die every year from hunger. Dying from hunger sounds to be a much worse pain-stricken death than the near instantaneous death of a fetus. If anything something should be done to take care of hunger first. And if people are going hungry without food? Maybe we should start thinking there is an overpopulation problem and abortion might play an important role in dealing with that.
we "dont know" what we are doing to these little souls when they are thrown away in their millions and babies in the womb feel pain,why would'nt they...

You're a nut. Babies in the womb don't feel pain, because they aren't conscious. They don't think, because the brain isn't fully developed. And if you are talking term 1, then it's just a culmination of cells that have been organized. It's being assembled by the mothers body, using the code of both parents.

I.E.

There is no soul in a fetus. Soul = Self Awareness. A fetus does not have it. This argument is the same as saying 40 million flies are killed by humans every year.... where do their souls go!

Oh and yes, been through the abortion thing personally... it was the right choice.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Laokin

Having an abortion has its consequences. For example, there is a chance after an abortion that the mother's chance of having another baby is lowered. That woman might go dancing in order to relieve herself from the stress and worry that she went through. To take her mind off of that amount of pain. Or maybe she doesn't care. And if that's bad joojoo, then she'll receive whatever karma feels is necessary.

It is sad that lots of fetuses die from abortion. But a lot of children also die from malnutrition. I'm not sure the exact number, but simply googling says that 15 million children die every year from hunger. Dying from hunger sounds to be a much worse pain-stricken death than the near instantaneous death of a fetus. If anything something should be done to take care of hunger first. And if people are going hungry without food? Maybe we should start thinking there is an overpopulation problem and abortion might play an important role in dealing with that.
we "dont know" what we are doing to these little souls when they are thrown away in their millions and babies in the womb feel pain,why would'nt they...

You're a nut. Babies in the womb don't feel pain, because they aren't conscious. They don't think, because the brain isn't fully developed. And if you are talking term 1, then it's just a culmination of cells that have been organized. It's being assembled by the mothers body, using the code of both parents.

I.E.

There is no soul in a fetus. Soul = Self Awareness. A fetus does not have it. This argument is the same as saying 40 million flies are killed by humans every year.... where do their souls go!

Oh and yes, been through the abortion thing personally... it was the right choice.

keep telling yourself that a fetus isnt aware,does'nt feel pain and that it has no soul,YOUR WRONG >>>www.youtube.com... < life inside the womb and you compare this to a fly???
edit on 28-8-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

I.E.

keep telling yourself that a fetus isnt aware,does'nt feel pain and that it has no soul,YOUR WRONG >>>www.youtube.com... < life inside the womb and you compare this to a fly????

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Revolution9

Seriously...

You left me speechless.

The idea that people care about the souls of unborn babies ending up in purgatory...
It's beyond my comprehension... Keep your nose outside other women there uterus. It isn't your job to judge.

Maybe when children dying from hunger... living in a hell on Earth are left there to die... end up in hell too. Just maybe if that didn't happen... Well... no then you should still mind your own business.

I am against abortion by the way...

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Which of you "pro-lifers" are for the death penalty? Because if you are you are not pro-life, you are just anti-abortion.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
By all accounts from after-life researchers, the soul does not enter the body until birth. Since none of these potential children are actually born, there are no souls to concern yourself with. And even if there were, if you honestly believe in a God who would send such a soul to this thing you call Hell, then you really need to question your beliefs and whether such a monster would be deserving of your worship and love...
edit on 28-8-2011 by JaxonRoberts because: to correct spelling

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   

I.E.

keep telling yourself that a fetus isnt aware,does'nt feel pain and that it has no soul,YOUR WRONG >>>www.youtube.com... < life inside the womb and you compare this to a fly???

Funny part is, there is not an actual second of in womb video in that little propaganda movie you just linked me to. And yes, I did. Flies are alive... they KNOW they are alive. They think and communicate. A first term fetus can't do ANY of that.... You have an attachment to human aesthetic. Not life. You see pictures of babies in sad situations and it makes you sad. (It makes us all sad.. not just you) however, before the brain is complete it cannot function. Take a brain out of a person and see what happens? Yep, exactly.... they die. We can keep brain dead people alive by using machines.... Those machines are = to the mothers womb. One is biological, the other mechanical... however, they both do the SAME thing. They keep a human body alive that doesn't have a brain and cannot keep itself alive. Before they have essentially completed growing a brain, it's not alive... it doesn't feel pain. When your baby is kicking... it's alive. That's 3rd term late second... which is illegal to abort already anyway.

Why? Because that's when there is cognition. That's when it's alive. That's when it becomes murder.

You are undereducated... it's really that simple.
edit on 28-8-2011 by Laokin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Youre trying to argue semantics and it just doesnt work. A baby is not some animal that you can eat and call it a day, its a HUMAN baby. I can argue with you for the rest of my life about wether or not there is a spirit and soul when the baby is conceived. I am a christian, and you obviously are not. Go on and look at the link in my previous post. If you feel absolutely nothing at seeing those babies who are torn apart or had their heads ripped off, then you are a monster. The fact that youre killing a human being means that it IS murder. The law of man can call it whatever it wants to, but God's law supercedes man's law. Or are you trying to say that babies are not human until they are born? hm, not human till they are born, well if this was the case they wouldn't have HUMAN DNA and a complete set of chromosomes. Argue semantics all you want, but when you do a DNA test on an unborn baby, its DNA will read HUMAN and then it is murder, legalized murder.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Youre trying to argue semantics and it just doesnt work. A baby is not some animal that you can eat and call it a day, its a HUMAN baby. I can argue with you for the rest of my life about wether or not there is a spirit and soul when the baby is conceived. I am a christian, and you obviously are not. Go on and look at the link in my previous post. If you feel absolutely nothing at seeing those babies who are torn apart or had their heads ripped off, then you are a monster. The fact that youre killing a human being means that it IS murder. The law of man can call it whatever it wants to, but God's law supercedes man's law. Or are you trying to say that babies are not human until they are born? hm, not human till they are born, well if this was the case they wouldn't have HUMAN DNA and a complete set of chromosomes. Argue semantics all you want, but when you do a DNA test on an unborn baby, its DNA will read HUMAN and then it is murder, legalized murder. signature:

I agree with you to a point but the fact is that these souls choose this prior to being embodied just like everyone chooses the lives they will enter for whatever agenda their soul has for that lifetime (which is always evolutional soul growth.) When looked at from the perspective of "we only get one go around" it seems like a waste but when you realize that the soul cannot be killed and simply comes back down to earth in another body then all of this hubbub about abortion is pointless. Repeat-these souls choose to spend one of their lives as a short lived fetus. All is in perfection though all might not seem perfect to the human eye that views things with limited understanding.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

[\quote]
Youre trying to argue semantics and it just doesnt work.

Which semantics would those be?

A baby is not some animal that you can eat and call it a day, its a HUMAN baby.

You stated that because you are a Christian you don't think that an animal doesn't have a soul. I asked you where in the Bible it says that. And, I asked what does that have to do with Christinsanity. You have yet to answer that.

I can argue with you for the rest of my life about wether or not there is a spirit and soul when the baby is conceived.

I have explained that I believe the soul enters when the first breath is drawn. I agree to disagree, but morality should not come into this argument.

I am a christian, and you obviously are not. Go on and look at the link in my previous post. If you feel absolutely nothing at seeing those babies who are torn apart or had their heads ripped off, then you are a monster.

Seeing those ads with neglected kittens upsets me too. But, oh well, they don't have souls. And no, I'm not a Christian.

The fact that youre killing a human being means that it IS murder. The law of man can call it whatever it wants to, but God's law supercedes man's law. Or are you trying to say that babies are not human until they are born? hm, not human till they are born, well if this was the case they wouldn't have HUMAN DNA and a complete set of chromosomes. Argue semantics all you want, but when you do a DNA test on an unborn baby, its DNA will read HUMAN and then it is murder, legalized murder.

An unborn fetus is not a person. It is not self aware, able to survive alone, or to think or feel. It is not murder to kill a bundle of nerves and cells. If that were true, it would be murder to use spermicide.

God's law, or your definition of "god's law" does not supersede man's law If it did, there would be no abortions. And courts would be much different.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Some people believe a fetus has a soul at the time of conception.....some people believe that the soul does not enter the baby until the time of their actual birth.....

So...who is right? Who is wrong? I think many, many of us can agree to disagree on this issue.

I personally believe that the soul enters the fetus at the time of conception...and I have the right to believe this.

Others believe that the soul does not enter until the time of birth...they have the right to believe this too.

As is obvious to most of us in this thread....we could debate for 20 more years....and I sincerely doubt anyone will change anyones mind on how they believe regarding this issue.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by birdyat101

Revolution9's reply to my post was more silly. Fact check me, tell me why I'm so horrible and silly... Obviously Rev9's reply was far worse and offensive as it got deleted for manners.

For the record, I'm almost 28. I'm hot, sexy, clearly not 11 years old (see my pictures... ) Married. No abortions. But have experienced pregnancy scares, miscarriage and known many friends who had issues related to this thread. I know enough to comment accurately and be a mouthpiece for a lot of us who are pro-choice, males and females alike.

To say I haven't experienced life is so funny. I share a bit here, but it's a fraction of what I've seen, done or know. ATS is about debating # not attacking ppl you don't know. Writing a comment on a thread doesn't tell everything and maybe some ats members have a glass of wine on a saturday night, get passionate, write true feelings about something?!

I don't care if I'm talkin "dirty" I'm telling it like it is from my point of view. I'm a bit of a man soul and have sailor mouth, yeah. If you take offense to it or any oppositional points I have (because close-minded) then I'd suggest ignoring my posts, don't engage me in debate. I have better things to do than responding to name calling. Talk about acting like an 11 year old...

@Birdyat101 - Thank you, right on, u rock!
edit on 8/28/2011 by moogle because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Please. And the funniest part of your post is wanting to abort people who don't think like you. Abortion is needed because our society is messed up and flawed. In a perfect world we wouldn't need it. But our world is full of denial and lack of responsibility...responsibility as in the real reason things are the way they are. Again, we have lack of parenting, schizophrenic values/religions, no education, fear mongering/sex filled media, etc, etc, etc....
You could EASILY find yourself in a situation where an abortion IS the option you would go with.....lets see...have a girlfriend do you? I've had a friend visiting another friend's house on the border of Mexico. She was abducted by a van full of men and raped repeatedly for 2 days, and then dumped on the border. The guys in the van just drove back into Mexico. Lets make her, for the sake of this post, your girlfriend. This girl was pregnant, and she wants an abortion. Are YOU going to stand in her way? This "righteous" attitude is retarded.
Incidentally, I have had 3 previous girlfriends who have had abortions, 2 were from rape, the the other one was a naive teenager thing. Almost every other friend of mine that is a girl has been raped. The statistics are skewed about this stuff too, as most victims don't report it. WHO THE HELL ARE YOU to cast judgment on these poor masses of troubled people? Now, just to be fair, I do know some people that are just plain irresponsible with they're bodies and life....but you can't let them speak for everyone...and again....our busted up system produces them anyway.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
By all accounts from after-life researchers, the soul does not enter the body until birth. Since none of these potential children are actually born, there are no souls to concern yourself with. And even if there were, if you honestly believe in a God who would send such a soul to this thing you call Hell, then you really need to question your beliefs and whether such a monster would be deserving of your worship and love...
edit on 28-8-2011 by JaxonRoberts because: to correct spelling
we dont know for sure that this is true,as the baby is aware,has hearing and touch inside the womb as the link i put up shows,the one below
edit on 29-8-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   

I.E.

Funny part is, there is not an actual second of in womb video in that little propaganda movie you just linked me to. And yes, I did. Flies are alive... they KNOW they are alive. They think and communicate. A first term fetus can't do ANY of that.... You have an attachment to human aesthetic. Not life. You see pictures of babies in sad situations and it makes you sad. (It makes us all sad.. not just you) however, before the brain is complete it cannot function. Take a brain out of a person and see what happens? Yep, exactly.... they die. We can keep brain dead people alive by using machines.... Those machines are = to the mothers womb. One is biological, the other mechanical... however, they both do the SAME thing. They keep a human body alive that doesn't have a brain and cannot keep itself alive. Before they have essentially completed growing a brain, it's not alive... it doesn't feel pain. When your baby is kicking... it's alive. That's 3rd term late second... which is illegal to abort already anyway.

Why? Because that's when there is cognition. That's when it's alive. That's when it becomes murder.

You are undereducated... it's really that simple.
edit on 28-8-2011 by Laokin because: (no reason given)
try this one >>>www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Youre trying to argue semantics and it just doesnt work. A baby is not some animal that you can eat and call it a day, its a HUMAN baby. I can argue with you for the rest of my life about wether or not there is a spirit and soul when the baby is conceived. I am a christian, and you obviously are not. Go on and look at the link in my previous post. If you feel absolutely nothing at seeing those babies who are torn apart or had their heads ripped off, then you are a monster. The fact that youre killing a human being means that it IS murder. The law of man can call it whatever it wants to, but God's law supercedes man's law. Or are you trying to say that babies are not human until they are born? hm, not human till they are born, well if this was the case they wouldn't have HUMAN DNA and a complete set of chromosomes. Argue semantics all you want, but when you do a DNA test on an unborn baby, its DNA will read HUMAN and then it is murder, legalized murder.
nice comment...^^^... a lot of the people that agree with abortion probably "play around" wrecklessly on a regular basis and are too self centered to have a baby of their own because they wont take the time to see beyond themselves and could care less about killing their baby so they can continue their " i me mine" lifestyle....

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by coyotepoet

Youre trying to argue semantics and it just doesnt work. A baby is not some animal that you can eat and call it a day, its a HUMAN baby. I can argue with you for the rest of my life about wether or not there is a spirit and soul when the baby is conceived. I am a christian, and you obviously are not. Go on and look at the link in my previous post. If you feel absolutely nothing at seeing those babies who are torn apart or had their heads ripped off, then you are a monster. The fact that youre killing a human being means that it IS murder. The law of man can call it whatever it wants to, but God's law supercedes man's law. Or are you trying to say that babies are not human until they are born? hm, not human till they are born, well if this was the case they wouldn't have HUMAN DNA and a complete set of chromosomes. Argue semantics all you want, but when you do a DNA test on an unborn baby, its DNA will read HUMAN and then it is murder, legalized murder. signature:

I agree with you to a point but the fact is that these souls choose this prior to being embodied just like everyone chooses the lives they will enter for whatever agenda their soul has for that lifetime (which is always evolutional soul growth.) When looked at from the perspective of "we only get one go around" it seems like a waste but when you realize that the soul cannot be killed and simply comes back down to earth in another body then all of this hubbub about abortion is pointless. Repeat-these souls choose to spend one of their lives as a short lived fetus. All is in perfection though all might not seem perfect to the human eye that views things with limited understanding.
are we trying to justify this 40 million a year genocide by saying that its the babies souls that are making the decision not to be born into this world??? when we dont even know that this is true!...its the careless,thoughtless,wreckless men and women who are eliminating the baby...

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by JustinSee

Please. And the funniest part of your post is wanting to abort people who don't think like you. Abortion is needed because our society is messed up and flawed. In a perfect world we wouldn't need it. But our world is full of denial and lack of responsibility...responsibility as in the real reason things are the way they are. Again, we have lack of parenting, schizophrenic values/religions, no education, fear mongering/sex filled media, etc, etc, etc....
You could EASILY find yourself in a situation where an abortion IS the option you would go with.....lets see...have a girlfriend do you? I've had a friend visiting another friend's house on the border of Mexico. She was abducted by a van full of men and raped repeatedly for 2 days, and then dumped on the border. The guys in the van just drove back into Mexico. Lets make her, for the sake of this post, your girlfriend. This girl was pregnant, and she wants an abortion. Are YOU going to stand in her way? This "righteous" attitude is retarded.
Incidentally, I have had 3 previous girlfriends who have had abortions, 2 were from rape, the the other one was a naive teenager thing. Almost every other friend of mine that is a girl has been raped. The statistics are skewed about this stuff too, as most victims don't report it. WHO THE HELL ARE YOU to cast judgment on these poor masses of troubled people? Now, just to be fair, I do know some people that are just plain irresponsible with they're bodies and life....but you can't let them speak for everyone...and again....our busted up system produces them anyway.

some women cheat behind their boy friends or husbands back,then after they "get off " they start to feel guilty about what they've done,then they "put on the act" and go sobbing back to their guy and say that they were raped...like it or not that happens a lot...

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
OK. I'll play. The souls never inhabit the bodies in the first place. Do you really think a soul has nothing better to do than sit around in a womb for 9 months and write his name on the wall? Of course not. The soul enters the body at birth or shortly thereafter. If the fetus is aborted the soul does a flyby and comes in for another landing elsewhere.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join