It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Horror Of Horrors!!

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by its me

WOW! Aren't you supposed to stop drinking when you are with child....poor little one

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Well, to be honest, the Bible can be a "mixed bag" at best, and at worst its a bunch of riddles dressed up as...I dunno. Whatever message it was meant to give has long been perverted. The Vatican has seen to that.

But, I do know this about the Bible now, it is part farmers almanac, part spirituality and much confusion added to hide its true meaning from the masses. If the truth was apparent, we would all be better people. Replace Son with Sun and you are a good way there...but back on topic.

You mention food. Did you know that the main reason for Mad Cow Disease is that they feed the processed remains of cows to cows in their feed. Those pellet thingies. The same is true for sheep, chickens and possibly pigs too. It is not done because a cow normally eats another cow, but when processed with other materials into those nasty cheap pellets, they save money on what a cow normally would eat. So, a small infection rapidly becomes a huge uncontrollable infestation which no one on earth can stop. So we burn 4 million animals on remote hillsides (Britain). In Holland (where I now live, I am English though) the governement decided to cull thousands and thousands of uninfected animals as "a precaution". Even people (not farms, just regular you's and me's) who had a pet pig, goat, chicken, etc...at home were visited by the ministry of agriculture and had their animals killed without being tested. If you rsisted, they came back with police (who are all armed here). And you think we have a voice that is heard?

They asked the people of Holland if they wanted Europe, in a national reforendum. The people said no, the politicians ignored it. The same thing happened in France. Peeps said no, gov said "We don't care".

My point is that politics is a failed system in much if not all of the western world. Vote for one side of a bad coin, its still a bad coin. I could explain it for hours but it all comes down to one simple fact, the vote means nothing and thats why I don't vote. (I may not vote in Holland, only England, I see no point so don't waste time or paper on it). All Europe has given us is a single economy and a kind of Federal System that usurps national laws.

People matter nothing in this world anymore, we are only good for being experimented on (without our knowledge) and for paying exorbitant and largely unnecessary taxes, much of which the large corporations manage to avoid due to tax tricks, offshore companies and all the rest of the nasty quagmire of regulations.

Regarding the Bible quote: (King James version)

And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

I see no mention of any animal. In fact, there is a religion called Jainism.

Wikipedia says:

Jain Religion (play /ˈdʒeɪnɪzəm/' Hindi: जैन धर्म Jaina dharma, Tamil: சமணம் Camaṇam) is an Indian religion that prescribes a path of non-violence towards all living beings. Its philosophy and practice emphasize the necessity of self-effort to move the soul towards divine consciousness and liberation. Any soul that has conquered its own inner enemies and achieved the state of supreme being is called Jina "Conqueror, Victor". Jainism is also referred to as Shramana "self-reliant" Dharma or the religion of Nirgrantha "those without ties" by ancient texts.

One of their beliefs is:

Jains are strict vegetarians. They avoid eating root vegetables in general, as cutting root from a plant kills it unlike other parts of the plant (leaf, fruit, seed, etc.).

Put differently, they will not eat a plant that needs to be killed. Some may say its taking it too far, but I sometimes wonder. ;-) What do they know that we don't?

My numbers may not be exact, I got the statistic from a youtube vid but Australia's landmass is 7,617,930 km2. (Wikipedia) Thats 7 billion square kilometres plus. If I'm wrong, its not by much. The fact that it is not all hospitable land doesn't really matter. We can overcome most problems given the right resources and not spending trillions on war and world domination. Or pointless/secretive space programmes.

Thank you for the friendly and wholesome discussion.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Lisetn to me and listen carefully. It only costs me 5$ for a 20 piece chicken nugget at McDonalds. To not process chicken in the fasion shown in this video would make chicken nuggets more expensive for me and my family, and millions of other families across America and the world. Albeit the price of chicken meat may be going up, but keeping it this way keeps it as low as possible. Sorry chickens, you just taste too good for me to accept a more expensive method of processing.

Same goes for cows and pigs.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
This truly disturbs me. I admit that I don't see a little chick or a pig when I eat. My food comes from the store and doesn't look like an animal at all. My food is just meat not an animal. HOwever, this is enough to make me realize that my meat isn't just meat it was once a living being. I don't eat much meat. This is enough to make me stop all together. EGADS we are a cruel race. We are mean to are fellow humans and we are mean to the creatures we share the world with. Makes me sick.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaveNorris

1. this is a youtube video made by an animal rights group with an agenda (not a reliable source)

2. if the voice over was saying something different, people would veiw the video in a different way.

3. even if this video is accurate for this particular hatchery does not mean it is accurate for all the hatcheries.

4. if this video is accurate then it was filmed in a time/place were the regulations for prevention of cruelty to animals dont apply, if not then it will soon be shut down

5. videos like this will never stop people eating meat even if the info was 100% true. it might make them find a more humane way of getting the meat, but it wont stop them eating it because we are omnivores, our ancesters were omnivores and nothing will change that.

for f**k sake. how many times must i post this before anyone pays attention to it.

as for this invetro meat thing or what ever it is, i dont think itll catch on. its like the vegetarian burgers they try making, if you want your food to look and taste like meat then just eat meat

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
........ that pig one is WRONG!!!!! ........ poor things!!!

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   

an agenda (not a reliable source)

Are you saying you don't have an agenda here?

videos like this will never stop people eating meat

Have you read the thread?

i dont think itll catch on. its like the vegetarian burgers they try making

They're still in the breakfast section of your grocer's freezer.

if you want your food to look and taste like meat then just eat meat

We don't want to eat meat.

"How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?" Floyd

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver
You mention food. Did you know that the main reason for Mad Cow Disease is that they feed the processed remains of cows to cows in their feed.
I know that, that usually happens when cannibalism is involved, it also happens to humans.

Even people (not farms, just regular you's and me's) who had a pet pig, goat, chicken, etc...at home were visited by the ministry of agriculture and had their animals killed without being tested. If you rsisted, they came back with police (who are all armed here). And you think we have a voice that is heard?
In a case like that I don't think anyone could have a voice, as it was considered an emergency and those were special measures. I don't know if measures like that are legal in Portugal.

My point is that politics is a failed system in much if not all of the western world. Vote for one side of a bad coin, its still a bad coin.
I agree, but I think that if we show the politicians that we can change who is elected they may start to do things in a little different way.

And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.
You're right, I mixed the "and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth" part with the part you quoted.

My numbers may not be exact, I got the statistic from a youtube vid but Australia's landmass is 7,617,930 km2. (Wikipedia) Thats 7 billion square kilometres plus. If I'm wrong, its not by much. The fact that it is not all hospitable land doesn't really matter. We can overcome most problems given the right resources and not spending trillions on war and world domination. Or pointless/secretive space programmes.
You shouldn't trust YouTube videos.

Thank you for the friendly and wholesome discussion.
You're welcome.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by toothpastert

Somebody please find the whereabouts of Billy Joe Gregg Jr and inflict massive pain on him and torture him slowly

mercyforanimals.org...

edit on 1-9-2011 by ckitch because: changed 'kill him' to all other suggestions as killing is too good for him!

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ckitch

A useful link to this scumbag

www.facebook.com...

edit on 1-9-2011 by ckitch because: useful 'link' rather than 'link to voice opinion'

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by billy197300

I agree with you. It might be cruel but it's still tasty. But why can't they just kill them in a clean way instead of torture. Would it kill them to use something like an antibiotic. I'd like to see them get tortured so that they know how every animal they've killed feels.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ckitch

I think people like this are beyond saving and here's why. Most murderous psychopaths (not all psychopaths are murderers) start on small animals, working their way up the chain till they finally start killing people. Hopefully he will get what is coming to him, maybe not in this life but certainly in the next. I do not advocate violence but scenes like this just show a person's true character. In this case, a most sad, sick and vindictive individual who I guess is taking out his own frustrations at life on helpless and defenceless animals.

I am glad that the meat industry is being exposed for what it is. In places, nothing but large scale and systematic cruelty. But unfortunately the distinction is made between animal and human, while that is still in place people like this will continue. I also read he got just 8 months jail. Hardly fair. Like life. We are all animals, some unfortunately more so than others. Scenes like this just confirm to me I want no more meat and I used to eat plenty years ago. I am also in the difficult position of being a vegetarian who doesn't like vegetables, but I persevere. Its not just veggy burgers (which I never buy), there are meat replacement products formed from (non GM) soya and wheat which to me at least are more than palatable. I quite enjoy them as I like a meal with 'meat' in it. Again its just programming and what I am used to but I try to work around it. Conviction I guess.

I hope he has a psychologically misformed pitbull at home who savages him. Now wouldn't that be ironic? Or maybe a cow gets loose and jumps on his head. # happens...all the time. I'm asking the Universe tonight to send something nasty his way.

EDIT: Googling his name turns up at least 4 pages of hate in the first hits, I guess he got his fame LMAO! But he wanted to be a cop? Euw... now THAT is scary! Also wanted to be released early to care for his own animals? What a worthless POS. He should be banned from 'keeping' animals for life. What a wonderful world we live in.
edit on 1/9/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: After googling his name

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
I know that, that usually happens when cannibalism is involved, it also happens to humans.

Well, my point was that they fed the already infected animals back to the animals. Cannibalism (a subject I am not an expert on LOL) in itself isn't the culprit, at least I am not aware that if we eat a fellow human being we automatically become infected. Only if that individual had some contagious type disease. But cows do not and never have eaten other cows. It is in effect completely unnatural.

In a case like that I don't think anyone could have a voice, as it was considered an emergency and those were special measures. I don't know if measures like that are legal in Portugal.

Again, maybe I didn't fully explain. Most if not all the animals they culled were not infected. Senseless death.

I agree, but I think that if we show the politicians that we can change who is elected they may start to do things in a little different way.

IMHO the only way to go forward is to remove the politicians and replace them with us. There is a joke as old as the hills but it is so sooo true.

Q How can you tell when a politician is lying?
A His lips move.

To be clear, there is nothing wrong with the system, just the people running it.

You're right, I mixed the "and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth" part with the part you quoted.

No worries, I'm hardly a Bible expert myself, I did Google it but also remembered it from videos in favour of legalising Cannabis.

You shouldn't trust YouTube videos.

I do trust many youtube videos after weighing up their evidence. And again, 7 billion square km's divided by 7 billion people does fit.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Lol best explanation ever!

Haha

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Costco has free range organic eggs that are certified humane. I think it's $5 for 18 eggs. Also, you can find humanely raised meats and poultry at most farmers markets. They are more expensive but it is worth it. Not only for moral reasons, but also for health reasons. You can pay the farmer or you can pay the doctor. There are good choices out there for people who want nothing to do with these disgusting factories.

I have not read through the whole thread so apologies if this info has already been shared.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by gentledissident

an agenda (not a reliable source)

Are you saying you don't have an agenda here?

videos like this will never stop people eating meat

Have you read the thread?

i dont think itll catch on. its like the vegetarian burgers they try making

They're still in the breakfast section of your grocer's freezer.

if you want your food to look and taste like meat then just eat meat

We don't want to eat meat.

"How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?" Floyd

to anwer your questions.
1. my agenda is to get people to think before taking things at face value.
2. iv read most of it, but i didnt realise there was that many gullable people in the world.
3. a small amount are there, they a bit dusty tho.
4. then why make your food look and taste like meat?
5. my point exactly, a meal without meat isnt a meal, its a snack

edit on 2/9/2011 by DaveNorris because: spelling

edit on 2/9/2011 by DaveNorris because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

3. a small amount are there, they a bit dusty tho.

Our Super Walmart has a large vegetarian meat section in the freezer featuring different brands. The produce section has sliced vegetarian deli meat. Our grocery stores have a smaller selection. Our health food store has a nice selection in the freezer and on the shelves.

Originally posted by DaveNorris 4. then why make your food look and taste like meat?

Why wouldn't I? Vegetable protein easily alters with heat to resemble meat. It would have been discovered as a way to cook vegetables even if we'd never eaten meat.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver
Well, my point was that they fed the already infected animals back to the animals. Cannibalism (a subject I am not an expert on LOL) in itself isn't the culprit, at least I am not aware that if we eat a fellow human being we automatically become infected. Only if that individual had some contagious type disease. But cows do not and never have eaten other cows. It is in effect completely unnatural.
We aren't supposed to eat other humans either, and that, apparently, is the cause for Kuru, and something that is known for more than 50, so they could have avoided this whole situation.

Again, maybe I didn't fully explain. Most if not all the animals they culled were not infected. Senseless death.
Your explanation was good, what I meant to say is that based on an emergency situation the authorities have special powers, so they used them.

Q How can you tell when a politician is lying?
A His lips move.
That reminds me of a thing a Portuguese politician once said (and that is also on-topic in this thread): Politics is like making sausages, people who like it shouldn't watch it being made.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

I followed your link to Kuru, and then followed on to Prion and it seems again, to my non-medical expert eyes, that it is still caused by eating already infected individuals. It also mentions its the same kind of thing as BSE (mad cow disease) and CJD (mad human disease) which are both caused by eating infected meat. I could well be wrong though, most medical things are beyond my understanding.

I like the Portugese Politician joke. Its a very telling joke, but for reasons that are a whole different discussion and not on topic like your joke was.

I do have a kind of on-topic joke in return though.

2 cannibals were eating a Clown. One cannibal says to the other: "Does this taste funny to you?"

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Im not gonna stop eating meat, mainly because I am too poor to be picky about my diet.
Having said that I now feel compelled to do what I can to ensure what I do eat has been treated with respect and I will never eat a baby animal, an unfertilized egg yes but no 'new born' animal.

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join