It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Horror Of Horrors!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+62 more 
posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Here's hidden camera footage of a glimpse into the cruel and industrialized reality of modern hatcheries.

After seeing these chicks being butchered, would you still eat chicken? Or even eat eggs? Thrown, mashed, mutilated, and ground-up alive, this is what happens in most automated hatcheries. Do these guys owning these hatcheries and the people working there have souls? They seem to be zombies bereft of any feelings!

And all for the big bucks!

edit on 27-8-2011 by OrionHunterX because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

I agree with you and believe this is disgusting and should be punishable by indefinite incarceration. Were it not for the demand of food and love of money, these methods would not be practiced at all.
It is so sad that this happens so much just for profit... They argue they cannot have the same rights as us, but do they not feel pain and fear as we do? How then can we say it's alright?
edit on 27-8-2011 by ShadowMonk because: wrote more

+28 more 
posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Its time for Mankind to leave this planet, i mean serious..we all have to die..we are not worth it to live.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
WTF!
What a horrible way to go. Those poor little chicks don't stand a chance.
How can anyone work at a place like this and still be able to sleep at night?
Seriously made me think about what I eat.
Thanks for the find. Atleast now i'm aware of it. I knew these places were nasty but grinding them up!? Sick.
Just hope this isn't happening in the UK.
...Got a feeling it probably is though...

+46 more 
posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Industrial farming methods are inhumane and need to stop.
It's this kind of disregard for any life that reinforces human aggression and makes war socially acceptable.
All life is sacred. Once we've learned that lesson perhaps we can finally evolve as a species.

+38 more 
posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Sorry but, I am still not a vegan. I like eggs and I like fried chicken. They arent little fuzzy people to me, they are food. I can't empathise with something that looks yummy to me. OK you can call me names now lol

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Anunaki2012

Why leave the planet that we're actually adapted for?
If we cannot master living on this planet what chance do we stand on another?
Things don't have to be this way, it is within our capacity to change these behaviors.
We need to face our problems squarely rather than run away from them.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
It is horrible as you say.
No animal deserve to be treated like that.

I believe the problem is that farms has become an industry. Its not only the chickens that suffers, pigs dosn't far alot better and theres rotten "farmers" in the fur-industry too.

The death of those male chickens is better/faster than what the girls have in store

We still need nurishment. Dont stop eating chickens, but you should make sure the chickens you eat had a "good" life, the meat from such animals also taste alot better.

Found this documentary about kfc, its 5 years old, so hopefully its changed, I doubt that.

edit on 27-8-2011 by Mimir because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
After working on factory chicken farms I don't eat KFC try and avoid chicken and buy free range eggs when I can. As for the grinder, it is a quick way to go so I can respect that. I have seen a lot more slower and disturbing ways to go out. Death happens, as long as it is quick and relatively painless I am fine with it.

+35 more 
posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by billy197300
Sorry but, I am still not a vegan. I like eggs and I like fried chicken. They arent little fuzzy people to me, they are food. I can't empathise with something that looks yummy to me. OK you can call me names now lol

I like my meat. What I can't do is sit here and think of those chicks as 'yummy food' as they are being handled so horrendously. I was brought up on a farm, we killed our own meat but I was always taught to do it in the most humane way possible.

It takes a completely black-hearted ignoramus to look at that video and not feel anger or horror.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Its to late, people will not change anymore..first there has to be a big disaster or a war..
Aint # change.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Warning: Graphic images

pigs are very bouncy, its like a roller coaster ride for piglets

edit on 27-8-2011 by toothpastert because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   

These sorts of threads always amaze me - oh the horror. Seriously they wouldn't do it if you didn't buy and eat the eggs and chickens. Simple enough stop doing that and the market will hear you.
The same people that complain about big oil do it while typing on a computer keyboard made of plastic (hint plastic is made from oil) and wearing clothes mad of all sorts of synthetic fibers. Just in the news a guitar maker raided for using wood! (apparently using real wood isn't good unless you can prove where it came from).
Anyway the way to stop 'big corp.' from doing stuff you don't like is to stop using/buying the result.

edit to add: forget the 'people change', change 1 person. You.
edit on 27-8-2011 by Chett because: added note

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Mmm chicken. Buffalo wings, chicken sandwiches, chicken soup...lemon chicken with mashed potatoes..

Is no one going to point out the figureheads of this hatchling depopulation conspiracy?? Seriously, look at them holding signs and everything. They are the Hefferburg elite! The New Dairy Order!

When will these chickens "wake up?"

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

Originally posted by billy197300

I like my meat. What I can't do is sit here and think of those chicks as 'yummy food' as they are being handled so horrendously. I was brought up on a farm, we killed our own meat but I was always taught to do it in the most humane way possible.

It takes a completely black-hearted ignoramus to look at that video and not feel anger or horror.

What do you suggest I do, raise a bunch of chickens in my house, name them, pet them everyday and make sure they get plenty of play time with the other little chicks? I am far from black hearted and an ignoramus, no....well some may argue that point occasionally but anger and horror, not one bit. I just cant feel for something I am just going to chew up and s%#t out later.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   

I don't have it in me to even watch.

Does it cover the "chicken finger" method?! I didn't think chickens had fingers.

+13 more 
posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by billy197300

I tend to think killing the chickens before putting them into a mincer isn't that hard of an objective to achieve don't you? Or perhaps not handling them like they are footballs?

Stop being ridiculous. It's not that hard to treat the animals with a little dignity is it?

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by OrionHunterX
After seeing these chicks being butchered, would you still eat chicken? Or even eat eggs?

Sure, why not?
You know it's normal that animals get produced (for me it's not different than planting a tree to make paper or planting some crops) and killed to make some tasty food out of them. Don't see what's wrong with it.

What i see is once again some stupid vegetarian propaganda.
It's a shame that we are supposed to accept vegetarians and vegans and their lifestyle, but vegetarians and vegans can't and won't accept other ways of living and eating. Instead they puke out their propaganda and #ty videos, thinking they can change something. They only generate more hate towards them with such an attitude.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by toothpastert

Thanks to the Heavens that most farms isn't like that.
Some parts of that video is extreme examples, but none the less real.
Still...any bad treatment is bad treatment, I wonder what those animals would say If we could talk.
edit on 27-8-2011 by Mimir because: I'm not religious

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
The treatment of any animal in the way shown is an abomination by anyones standards. But this type of treatment is all due to demand. Cruelty such as this has only crept in to these industries due to demand and profits. The faster the process, the more product can be delivered at a higher return. But profits aside, yes there is an outcry when people see animals treated as they are in the above videos, but how much more of an outcry would there be if there was a mass shortage of food.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join