It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Horror Of Horrors!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
they're really cute and i really like baby chickens but is not like they're on extinction and they're specially made for this kind of things.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
If this kind of treatment of animals bothers you, and there's no reason why it shouldn't, then find a farmer's market, farm-to-city organization, buyer's collective, or some other means to get meat and other animal products from non-factory farms where the animals are treated humanely. Simple as that.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by manticorex5
they're really cute and i really like baby chickens but is not like they're on extinction and they're specially made for this kind of things.

What a profoundly ignorant thing to say.
It is nice when people out themselves in this way.
It lets the rest of us know who we're dealing with.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrionHunterX
After seeing these chicks being butchered, would you still eat chicken? Or even eat eggs?

To answer your question, yes, although I haven't seen the video (I don't like to watch needless violence against innocent creatures, regardless of race).

The fact that some people act that way to get more money doesn't mean that all people do it, and that way of killing the chickens is not allowed in the EU, the animals must be unconscious just before being killed.

PS: I don't see why you should mention eggs in this case.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
ok, just to clear up my position on this issue.
i do not think cruelty to animals is acceptable, but in regards to this vid there a few points to be made...

1. this is a youtube video made by an animal rights group with an agenda (not a reliable source)

2. if the voice over was saying something different, people would veiw the video in a different way.

3. even if this video is accurate for this particular hatchery does not mean it is accurate for all the hatcheries.

4. videos like this will never stop people eating meat even if the info was 100% true. it might make them find a more humane way of getting the meat, but it wont stop them eating it because we are omnivores, our ancesters were omnivores and nothing will change that.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
For other People and me it is not a huge Surprise that
so many People die by Cancer!

Sick Food creates bad Energy
and the Cell Deformation starts!

I need to change my Diet!

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human0815
For other People and me it is not a huge Surprise that
so many People die by Cancer!

Sick Food creates bad Energy
and the Cell Deformation starts!

I need to change my Diet!

obviously the sick birds get taken out, unless your implying that because these birds are surposedly 'sad' it is having an ill effect on the people that eat them (karma), which would of course be nonsense. because if karma really existed the bankers would be broke and polititians would all die young

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Ruthless rich bastards, but this is unfortunately what happens when we are all so greedy and lazy.

edit on 27-8-2011 by Haxsaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
There's many ways this kind of industry affects people. Before I go into why I want to say that I am a vegetarian and that is my own personal choice as is it others personal choices to eat meat.

1. It is cruel, there's no way around that one.
2. It is unhealthy to eat this way. Fish farms and chicken hatcheries or any close quarters animal raising environment load up animals with antibiotics because such environments are breeding grounds for disease. Read up about the unhealthiness of overuse of antibiotics. A lot of this is done to supply the fast food industry which I think we also can no longer deny is bad for us, the US is fat and other countries are now also getting fat. Fat is not healthy and is proven to cause early death or long term suffering. It may not be practical for every family now a days to have a healthy home cooked meal every night, but we do not have to accept this BS. Fast food can be pure food.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Inhumane. They all deserve to be punished and the government should really step into this... I know many are still going to eat the chicks but still I am sure there are millions of way better to put them down then showving them into a slicer...
And the males can be used for other things too! Like pets! I would totally have a chicken for a pet.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Well I like meat. Sorry folks, I'm a carnivore; what can I say?

Fortunately, what meat I don't harvest myself I get from a local butcher who gets his product from local farms. So whether I'm dressing a deer or fileting a bass, or the guy down the road slices my bacon and sells me eggs, I know that it is done as humanely as possible.

Watching the pork video made me cringe. That type of cruelty is wanton and unnecessary. I hope that it showed the worst of the worst and that this type of thing isn't commonplace.

As far as the chicken grindage, I don't think there is any faster way to kill chickens. If there were, the industry would have picked up on it by now. In this case what's good for the company is, ironically, good for the chicken as well. The faster the company can kill the chicks, the more profit it can make; also, the faster the chicks are killed, the less they suffer. I'm pretty sure that the ground up chicks find their way into cat and dog food too, so nothing is wasted.

The problem I have with the poultry industry is something the video didn't cover - how those chickens that are kept to lay eggs and eventually be sold as breasts, strips, and nuggets live out their lives.

If the small farmer weren't nearly extinct, replaced by mega farming corporations, we wouldn't have these problems. There was a time when the majority of Americans were farmers, or in some way associated with farming. We've turned the responsibility for feeding us over to these corporations, whose only concern is their profit margin, and this is the price we pay; substandard food raised under questionable circumstances.

Grow your own. You'll feel better, both physically and spiritually.
edit on 8/27/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

It does not happen very often too me, but i am utterly appalled, i am sure it is the tip of the iceberg.

For once words really do fail me!.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp
Well I like meat. Sorry folks, I'm a carnivore; what can I say?

Fortunately, what meat I don't harvest myself I get from a local butcher who gets his product from local farms. So whether I'm dressing a deer or fileting a bass, or the guy down the road slices my bacon and sells me eggs, I know that it is done as humanely as possible.

And that my friend is exactly is wrong with the rest of the world - we have become too dependant on the state and the corporations to deliver us fancy packaged, cheap meat at a large cost via supermarkets and huge food chain stores and takeaways and fast food places - even some of our children have no idea what pork or chicken really is.
Whereas your method is humane, sufficient and efficient and I respect that.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

To be honest, I'm ok with everything except the grinder and not checking the wash cycle. I'me far more upset with the workers being complacent. That can lead to mental problems down the road.

The debeaker seems find, because the chicks usually chip it off themselves, from what I know.

The rough handling is ok fine by me, because if you ever watch them in real life, mothers handle them just as the same. You've got to remember they used to be dinosaurs, and the ability to survive rough handling is still in there.

My problem with the grinder would be that they are awake when they get grinded. That is easy to fix.

My problem with the wash cycle is just that nobody cares. You should probably feel sad for things that die. That's indicative of mental problems for the workers. Clean up your mess, basically. Or like above, release a paralyze gas.

I've seen far worse at pig farms. This is hardly comparable to that. I'd hardly call it really animal abuse compared to pig farms.
edit on 27-8-2011 by Gorman91 because: le spelling

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by billy197300

can't empathise with something that looks yummy to me.

No name calling, as you can't help it. There is a parellel subspecie of human with a dead amygdala area. There are many threads in this forum about those. Psychologists say they are about one in every 25 persons, but my experience is, they are every one in two.
I don't wan't to die, but "humanity" needs to go, I think. Time for a planetary flea bath.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
You know whats sad is people who are on death row get better treatment then these animals before they get sent to death. I like meat, and all, but if I have to resort to fishing just to catch my meal then I will do so. I prefer fish than any other meats. Much healthier, and it seems fair game just because you have to actually try and catch your own food using knowledge of fishing.
edit on 27-8-2011 by KonquestAbySS because: grammar

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
!.....................

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Something must die, so that I may live.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3b8f398f6cc0.jpg[/atsimg]
However I have been think of doing vegan thing for a while, simply for the health reasons. I live off BBQ, thats all i've eaten for the past 6 months. i think I need to detox, before I turn into a cow
edit on 27/8/11 by AdamAnt because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
This is just the tip of the butchery ice berg. I once saw a cow on an anti-mcdonalds ad that was beaten to death with a baseball bat because he had become weakened, there is no more sickening image on this ungreatful little planet than an animal who has already given all he can give being beaten to death by farmers who are laughing about the whole ordeal as they beat him. This is the primary reason I am a misanthrope. Misanthropy- a distrust and/or general dislike for the human race. The sickness that outlines the entire spectrum of our human disease must be cut out like cold cancer. So when mother nature finally rears her ugly head and destroys that which has destroyed her we have no one to blame but ourselves. For some things you take you can never replace.

Think before you act.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
There has to be some use for the male chicks..gimme a break. There are starving countries out there, ship them off to these countries, let them raise them, then they can humanely slaughter them for food. The key word here is humane. Unfortunately these factories do much worse to other animals we enjoy as food, and the workers get a blood lust from being in control, playing God. Very cruel, the owners of these death hatcheries should be ashamed of themselves.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join