It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Experience Hurricane Irene LIVE in a jeep with Brian Osburn.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by OpenMindCuriousMind
reply to post by CranialSponge

Yeah since the sun came up hes been having problems off and on. Its starting to get annoying really

I went and laid down after he started to drive around, didn't seem like there was much left to watch at that point.

What's this about the beach scene ?

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by mnmcandiez

Yep. Another over-hype catastophe-to-be by the lamestream media. They're saying it'll be a category 2 when the effects are felt in Philly and NY when in reality it will be a weak tropical storm with maybe 35 mph winds. All Irene is going to do is slightly spur consumer spending at Home Depot, Loew's and Wal_mart on plywood, batteries and bottled water. When the government says to run, that's the time to remain calm. When the government says to remain calm, that's the time to run. I wonder if the government run media will make this much hullabaloo over comet Elinin come October, which will be a real catastophe.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by OpenMindCuriousMind

That cracked me up. He certainly seems happy with letting thousands of people hear him snore and fart. Not sure I would be so open. I find it pretty crazy that he is driving a car after being awake for 50 hours in a hurricane. A "Don't try this at home" type thing.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

This is some of it. Not the really good bits but gives an idea.

Was good viewing

www.ustream.tv...

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Actually that might be the good bit. Haven't looked through it

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
www.ustream.tv...

Heres a new one streaming

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I was really enjoying this. When he took his nap, I went for one too, when he woke up, so did I! It was perfectly timed! Gutted at the problems now though

I'd love to chase storms myself and this is the closest I'll get at the moment, so double

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

Yeah I have been checking that out but its a bit quiet. There certainly not as animated as Brian. He made me laugh. These guys seem a bit more professional and a bit more dull.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Doom_Gloom

haha yea i agree....i could only watch the recordings from the guy who was streaming earlier....missed his live stuff.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Looks like he's off for good now. Oh well, fun while it lasted.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by OpenMindCuriousMind

Can kinda here him in the audio feed but he's not saying anything. Can hear thunder and rain. Not sure he even knows he is still transmitting.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Local news shows numerous trees down and spotty power outages. Some streets already flooded from tidal surge. High tide at 7pm will certainly flood many streets.

So far so good. Not as bad as I thought but worst yet to come.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnBreakable

Yep. Another over-hype catastophe-to-be by the lamestream media. They're saying it'll be a category 2 when the effects are felt in Philly and NY when in reality it will be a weak tropical storm with maybe 35 mph winds. All Irene is going to do is slightly spur consumer spending at Home Depot, Loew's and Wal_mart on plywood, batteries and bottled water. When the government says to run, that's the time to remain calm. When the government says to remain calm, that's the time to run. I wonder if the government run media will make this much hullabaloo over comet Elinin come October, which will be a real catastophe.

I agree completely.

A manufactured CRISIS for a slow news week-end.

I was watching the "Irene Channel" on Durectv ( a channel just for this glorified rain storm ). They are showing pics with limbs down and some siding off homes. OOOH my ..58 mile an hour gusts. Hell we have had gusts like that three or four times this summer here in Indiana! So, was our gusts a hurricane? This is one big yawn. Mandatory evacuations for what???

edit on 27-8-2011 by romanmel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnBreakable

LOL can we leave over hyped Comet Elenin out of this. Irene is actually causing more damage than a small comet not having any effect on the earth now or in October.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I am 5 hours west of Virginia Beach and we have 25 mph winds and 35 mph wind gusts. This is one BIG storm. I think it has tricked the local weather people. They were calling for partly cloudy skies here with 10-15 mph wind gusts. It has been very cloudy all day with the outside cloud bands.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Please do not take this post as me down grading the severity of a hurricane, but I do have a question.
It is my understanding that a cat 1 hurricane is only one step up from a severe tropical storm. Now I have seen plenty of documentaries about severe weather and I know that a cat 1 hurricane would never get the media attention that hurricane Irene is getting. Now would this be down to the fact that New York and Washington are a potential target, or are the media purposely drowngrading the ACTUAL SEVERITY of the hurricane to prevent mass histeria? also understanding how New York is built and the way the city is laid out it, it would funnel wind and increase the effects to that of a cat 2 hurricane.I would be very interested to hear from you all.
One more thing to all our east coast American friends and I am sure that this message will be felt by all on ATS.
I hope you all manage to keep safe and may God or whoever you believe in keep you and your family safe in what is going to be a very difficult and dangerous time. My thoughts are with you all.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
what happened to his feed? says off air.
2nd line.
edit on 27-8-2011 by ignant because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ignant

I was also hoping to hear and see the guy.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Does anyone know if there are any more storm chasers out there with live feeds?

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join