It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New ATS Member Claiming To Have Important Warning/Information. You Be The Judge...

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
if anyone's interested here's another thing I found on the M8 algorithm (I'll spell it right sooner or later):

"In 1992–1997, five earthquakes of magnitude 8 and above occurred in the test area: all of them were predicted by M8 and MSc identified correctly the locations of four of them. The space–time volume of the alarms is 36% and 18%, correspondingly, when estimated with a normalized product measure of empirical distribution of epicenters and uniform time. The statistical significance of the achieved results is beyond 99% both for M8 and MSc. "

link www.sciencedirect.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
using vocabulary from many of our favorite movie "V for Vendetta":

This thread, and the poster, and his original post, have been 'black-bagged'... end of story..

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

so do we go burn down the
Parliament Building now?!?

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggalette
snip

...I love to learn new things! Maybe someone should author a thread about the methodology itself and just leave TMiddlebrook out!

Here you go

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Thanks Jaded
I will add further comments to your thread

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

come now.. are we really supposed to believe that ANYbody in their right mind would go go through all the trouble of creating a screenname with a hidden meaning, a fake email exchange, with a shady undertone: just to get back at ats??

Normally I would say you must be new here but clearly you are not that new. Of course you should believe someone would take the time to do something like this. Have you not seen the thousands of hoaxes on youtube and everywhere else for that matter? People do this with practically no motivation, but spurred on by anger I could see someone going a hell of a lot further than this.

Look at the thread I posted about the 8-3-11 website. That was a hoax intended for a small audience.

ATS is easy to troll like it or not.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Okay....I'm back.

Geez....go towards the light for awhile and everything changes.

Well, like I said, I knew this might end up here, although I have to say that I am quite disapointed in not knowing why. All I can say is that I was given the impression that the original OP may not have been all that honest, but not why or how. Guess we have to have faith in the mods on this one. My only question in not knowing though, is if they were banned because of a previous IP....or something else that has nothing to do with the actuall validity of the info. *sigh*

That's okay...doesn't mean we can't continue to look into it. Oh, and by the way::

"YOU GUYS ROCK!!!!!!"

I mean, how long did it take you to figure out these programs existed, and what the OP's name meant? Who'da thought to look up a town and latitude???? Amazing.

SO...I personally have been anticipating something to happen along to New Madrid (as I have been saying on my other current thread), so I will be doing all I can to look into this town and ANY seismic activity of late there.

I agree that this is (if at all true) is going to have something to do with GPS uplift or other deformation. It would be something measurable that would indicate a pending event.....hmmmm.

I will continue to look at it only because I have some time tonight and it's just kinda fun.

Oh....and yes, I am a woman.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by DeVIAS

Perfect! You forgot to list the service times

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I think ATS will only let you create threads in the Introductions section when you first join... I could be wrong, can't remember. Or the rules may be different now. I dunno.

Anyways... who says we have to stop digging into this? I think it's... odd ...but they can label it HOAX if they want. As long as the thread is open, we can keep ascertaining the extent of the hoax.

edit on 26-8-2011 by DamaSan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I suppose this is very personal to me because Mr tmiddlebrook35 decided to post on my thread. I had other things to do, so I had to speed read this whole thing. And try to figure out what the hell just happened. And why now?

First order of business was skepticism. I assumed it was fake. I first looked over the text and tried to figure out whether or not it was a legtimate string of communications. Some of it didn't seem right. I don't want to give you all my reasons, but I found the last entry the hardest to believe. I am deluding myself when I think I'm a writer. But hey, can't we all have dreams and hopes. It seemed concocted (some writer you are, you can't spell) Wow. I spelled it right. The last person said they had just got ot the building. Why bother emailing at all? Just get the hell into the emergency meeting.

Anyway. Think about the key phrases. They all choosen to give you just enough information to get your attention. The words were carefully chosen. I was looking at the piece as if I were editting it. When I try to follow continuity (good enough not checking spelling) it doesn't work. Instead it's has alarm bells and is full of loaded words.

Such as alarm bells.

Did we really get this report?

If this were a novel, I'm not sure if it would count as brilliant or cliche. I haven't been reading enough bad literature to know. But it's a heck of a way to grab attention. Authours aim for that perfect opening sentence which lures in the reader, and makes them curious. It did that.

Loaded words.

"Afraid so.
Alert
Protocol
do we NOT say anything."
smacks of conspiracy
Which site are we on again?

"one on the larger end"

This piece was written by design. A bunch of professionals on the way to a serious meeting are going to have current calcs in hand.

That's stupid. What age are we living in again? They're always at hand. Any crackberry would have the current calcs on hand on their stupid phones. It's not like the old days, bloody hell, I'm old, where a scientists runs in the rooms clutching his scribblings on a messy clipboard. I am now amused by this piece of fiction. It's funny now. I'm giggling so hard.

There is one thing I'm not sure of. The name. That's really where I decided to focus. Too much so.

Before comment on the name. Recently, I got into a bit of battle when a person was being very rude. I have a suspect.

The name. I worked at that for a bit. I figured for sure the name wasn't by accident. It wasn't his real name. So, what did it mean. It's coordinates.

The thread is about Memphis and Arkansas.

tmiddlebrook35

You have to slipt up the parts.

t middle brook 35

t is simply the. Or the other pronounciation, thee.

the middle brook 35

Middle is mid-continent,

Brook is just another word for river.

And 35 is your latitude.

The river is the middle is the Missippii. So you have your longitute.
Memphis' latitiude is 35.194444.

So. If this person were telling the truth. They were trying to tell me there's a prediction by goverment sources that there will be a large earthquake in Memphis. And they're probably going to cover it up.
Actually. If this were a real whisle blower. That's exactly what they would do. Only leave one message. Leave a code. And make the code obvious enough to figure out.

However, I find the dialouge wanting and to charged dramatically. Real professionals would be so very boring.

This piece was constructed to get maximum drama with minimum text.

It's very good. Very good. Just not good enough.

edit on 26-8-2011 by Robin Marks because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

The email was the most convincing to me..The "sent via BlackBerry AT&T" which at least all corporate people I know use BlackBerrys and AT&T.. and the shorthand txt actually provided to the legitimacy if you ask me...If this guy thought out that much with the meaning of his name plus the AT&T blackberry emails to just pull a hoax, you'd think he'd at least think of spelling right..
But in actuality corp people are usually all link on Outlook or something to communicate with each other, and when just emailing between coworkers that you see everyday, you tend to write freely like this..It's not like they're CC'ing it to the whole staff or something...

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by DeVIAS

Agreed, that's the way it is with me. The execs at my office have BlackBerry's tied to our BlackBerry server which is tied to our Exchange server... very common to see the BlackBerry sig at the bottom of an internal email.

Only a few of us have iPhones, but people get the "Sent from my iPhone" from me all the time.

Whether or not the BlackBerry sig is legit or not is impossible to know... its just a few characters of text. But its also the stamp of a legit email. So who knows.

As for the short hand, I use it all the time... as mentioned earlier.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by DeVIAS

Baned? Hate it when that happens. Nice effort though.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Ummmmm....guys? I'm thinking there may be something more to this. Remember I said I thought it would have to do with GPS measurments and uplift or deformation??

Well. I did a search for middlebrooks (there is a town in Arkansas called Middlebrook)...and I found this article dated 1999:

Geologists look at seismic zone, see 'loaded gun'

For the first time, geologists have taken a peek underground at damage caused by past earthquakes along the New Madrid seismic zone, part of which is in northeast Arkansas.
They don't like what they see.
Research of vertical ground movement conducted by Karl Mueller, a geological sciences professor at the University of Colorado-Boulder, indicates that a 7.5-magnitude earthquake could occur every 1,000 years.
Scientists predict that there is up to a 70 percent chance that a 6.0-magnitude quake will strike along the seismic zone within the next 15 years. There's a 90 percent probability of a 6.0 tremor before 2040, according to the study.
The research rebuts earlier research by a Northwestern University scientist who said the New Madrid seismic zone was becoming dormant.
"We certainly think it's a hazard," Mueller said Thursday. "You're sitting on a loaded gun."
The zone cuts through the Midwest, from Cairo, Ill., southwest to Marked Tree in Arkansas.
The fault system is best known for its series of great quakes in 1811-1812 near New Madrid, Mo. Estimated magnitudes of the tremors ranged between 7.8 and 8.1. They were powerful enough to ring church bells in Boston and cause buildings to crack in Savannah, Ga.
An offshoot of the fault, or lineament, shook northeast Arkansas and southern Missouri last month. Scientists said the epicenter of the 3.9-magnitude quake, the third-largest in Arkansas in 25 years, was near Middlebrook in northern Randolph County.

Unlike faults along the San Andreas seismic zone, which are on top of the earth's surface, New Madrid faults are buried beneath hundreds of feet of Mississippi River sediment. Such faults can raise and lower the landscape without actually breaking the earth's surface.
Mueller calls such land formations "blind-thrusts." The thrusts fold layers of rock beneath the surface as they absorb the upward energy released by earthquakes. The trenches offered a view of some of the earth's vertical movement.

LINK to article....please read the whole thing

Susan? Do you have a quick link to the helicorders for markedtree???? Time to take a closer look.
edit on 27-8-2011 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Bahaha ..yea i guess "baned" wil have to do.. noticed after i posted it.. was hoping nobody would catch on...damnit..lol

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

So does this mean that the other poster was being for real? Was this a hint or an elaborate hoax? I dont get it...

Very interesting either way.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by DeVIAS

Sorry to disagree. Everyone know execs use crackberries. The Russians use them. This is common knowledge.

Dialouge. Of course if you were trying to pull a hoax you write the dialouge as naturally as possible. So you would throw in a misspelling as a way to look authentic. Like when they fake a diary and treat the papers to look longer. Forgers make flaws to make it look more authentic.

Okay here's another point. He could get fired. Okay, he's not got government clearence. He this got out, he'd be arrested not fired. Or worse.

He doesn't know what the info is. But yet he posted his and couldn't figure it out despite the fact he has access to these discussions. If you're working there, you know what's going on. How'd he get the emails in the first place? No hint of that.

Goodnight.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

Scientists predict that there is up to a 70 percent chance that a 6.0-magnitude quake will strike along the seismic zone within the next 15 years. There's a 90 percent probability of a 6.0 tremor before 2040, according to the study.

I wonder what kind of difference the weather makes on this. The tornadoes, massive flooding, low pressure fronts, etc.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I have been trying to read all these pages, interested in the topic, but also curious about the moment it was found out to be a hoax.
I can't find it!!! I've gone back and re-read, perhaps I started going too fast over the last few pages....
Could someone please point me to the post which revealed the hoax factor please?
I am curious about the sleuthing someone had to go through to figure out the truth here, it seems it must be quite challenging and I am actually very interested in hearing how someone can go about finding the info in cases like this!

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join