It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New ATS Member Claiming To Have Important Warning/Information. You Be The Judge...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by DamaSan

I don't think it's a random name nor do I think it's a hint or puzzle could be 1 of 3 things
1.a stupid mistake,as the person leaking information didn't want to get fired and whoops used their name as a login/user name

2.noob trying to stir up a hoax for the lulz.

3. it could be legit and the user no longer has a job because of NASA and JPLs bang up it department,which would explain no further posts.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

You woould think people making 2-300k a year would text appropriately, but I assure you that a dime a dozen people using corp phones text like this. I try to type in a proper way on here, but when it comes to talking to people I associate with everyday I use the same type of txting

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

DP
edit on 26-8-2011 by DeVIAS because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

So to me "Ugh" is something the Ladies i know post and text but i can't remember any guys doing that. "Thru" is a form that is used extensively in Ailitary Orders and Army vernacular. I'm just speculating tho!

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast

CLPrime. I agree and would be hard-pressed to beleive this is about predicting a M8 quake. I am leaning towards it having to do with the M8 algorithm...what that means yet, I haven't a clue. I have to read the paper first from USGS about that program.

I actually missed the part where the algorithm, itself, was called M8 (I was preoccupied by another thread), so that makes more sense to me. My point stands, though...it seems perfectly reasonable to me that they would be confused about how to handle such a prediction.
And now it seems even more reasonable that the subject would be "M8".
It may be a hoax, but the context of the emails seems legitimate enough, superficially.

Odds are, this is a complete hoax....but what if it isn't? I felt I had to at least put it out there.

That's what ATS is here for

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
]I found this looking up the Kellis-Borok connection, it's an abstract from a scientific paper

Premonitory activation of earthquake flow: algorithm M8

Thirty-nine out of the 44 strongest earthquakes which have recently occurred in different regions of the world are preceded by specific activation of the earthquake flow in the lower magnitude range. This activation is depicted by the algorithm M8, which was designed for diagnosis of times of increased probability (TIPs) of strong earthquakes.

The paper is authored by V. I. Keilis-Borok and V. G. Kossobokov aand it's dated from 1990

LINK:

www.sciencedirect.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
There was a 1.6 in Missouri 23hrs ago. It's about halfway between Virginia and the quakes in Colorado lately

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Although my b.s. meter is going off as well - I google searched for TMiddlebrook at JPL Pasadena (Op's email address from post) and came up with a bunch of scientific research papers with the signature A.M. Middlebrook. Now I know it is not T Middlebrook but I figured I'd throw it out there in case someone else can research it further.

I do not know what I am reading other than it relates to effects on the ozone.

This one page that came up on google is weird to me, someone please take a look - LINK

I could be going down the wrong rabbit hole but I hate these types of vauge "I know something you don't" posts.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Regarding M8... Out of curiosity, I searched this term in Google scholar: "Keilis-Borok's M8 prediction methodology" and came up with this paper Earthquake Prediction: State of the Art and Emerging Possibilities written by Vladimir Keilis-Borok. Looks like the paper is dated 2002.

An excerpt from the paper reveals this regarding the M8 earthquake prediction algorithm:

ALGORITHM M8

"This algorithm was designed by retrospective analysis of seismicity preceding the greatest (M 8) earthquakes worldwide, hence its name. We describe it using as an example the recent prediction of major earthquake in Southern Sumatera, Indonesia, on June 4, 2000, M D 8.0. That prediction was part of the Russian-American experiment in advance prediction of strongest earthquakes worldwide."

It goes on to give the specifics of the algorithm and how it "works" (sorry not a math person
), and how several other prediction methodologies that were used have worked. The paper also states that: "Algorithm M8 successfully predicted all six strong earthquakes that occurred from 1992–2000.", making it the most successful of the algorithms used.

Now this is a long and technical read. I can't pretend I understand all of it. If the guy who posted the emails is talking about this algorithm (or maybe not...could be a hoax) then it makes for an interesting and thought provoking read.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Now here is something interesting from USGS regarding Keilis-Brock's ability to predict earthquakes:

"In mid-2003, the Keilis-Borok group issued two earthquake predictions using variants of
this methodology, one for a M≥ 7.0 earthquake in a 250,000 sq. mi. area that includes the
northern part of the Japanese islands and one for a M≥6.4 earthquake in a 40,000 sq. mi.
area that includes portions of central California. These two predictions were satisfied by
the September 25, 2003 Hokkaido and December 22, 2003 San Simeon earthquakes,
respectively."

Here's the kicker:

The Keilis-Borok methodology appears to be a legitimate approach in earthquake prediction research

This is from USGS themselves! This is a pdf on a page dedicated to discussing Keilis-Borok

Links www.conservation.ca.gov...
earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I always question motivation. The poster. Middlebrook35, took the time to sign up; create a screenname and place a fairly cryptic email exchange on an earthquake thread that specifically deals with 'mancaused' EQ from fracking in Arkansas. A very narrow scope of discussion...because if "M8" dealth with space, volcanoes, or quakes in general...why not post there. There are also specific threads on Japan, Yellowstone and even (now) the Mineral, VA (DC) quake.

If someone wanted to stir the pot, or just plain play upon the fears of the already frightened, there are many places on ATS where the new poster could have landed.

Why Arkansas? And why post emails from August 25 (one day ago)? My intuition says that the poster is a lurker on the Arkansas thread and that maybe their 'knowing' (cyber speaking) the posters there that he/she should warn or alert that they (the longtime posters) are "on the same page" as those issuing the emails.

My further guess, specifics (direct quotes; specific mtg locales; etc) scrubbed for secuirty of the OP.

I hope middlebrook 'comes back' before any ground rattling.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
www.sciencedaily.com...

this is more recent,

so it looks like 2 guys from JPL have possibly worked out a domino effect stemming from the quakes that have just happened, and they are now witholding information about the possibility of another quake maybe a bit bigger and they are just waiting to see if it happens

a could be anthony or tony but there's no way the poster would of used his real name, he is trying to drop someone else in it

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Glinda

Your post got me thinking...Middlebrook 35...could be a city and latitude and low and behold here's :

The latitude and longitude of
Middlebrook Heights, Tennessee is:35° 57' 22" N / 83° 59' 30" W

It appears to be a suburb of Knoxville. Just grasping at straws now

ETA Maybe the "T" in his screen name is referring to Tennessee??
edit on 26-8-2011 by megabogie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
In thinking of why the OP chose the
thread regarding Arkansas I am
thinking of the fact that Memphis,
Tenn. is also in the thread title.

Just sayin

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   

edit on 26-8-2011 by GaboVarfang because: I'm dumb

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by MRedfield
Uhh, why are we talking about space? It's an earthquake measuring organization, and the post was in a fracking thread...

this.

and the emails sound a bit too urgent for them to be talking about a blob of stars 4000 to 6500 light years away. what could something that distant possibly do to Earth?
edit on 26-8-2011 by Urantia1111 because: typo

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
now this is strrange..TMiddlebrook's original post has been deleted from the original thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
t middle brook 35

the middle brook 35

the midcontinental brook 35

the midcontinental river 35

The Mississippi 35 degrees latitude

Memphis

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by megabogie

And now this is in the hoax forum?? I didn't realize that the majority of posters were convinced that this is a hoax, has it been proven to be a hoax? Have I missed something?

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by megabogie

LOLz and que the 'spooky music' mega...because I just went 'off' in a search on towns and cities named 'Middlebrook.". You are quick!!! Middlebrook, TN is at 35 latitude. Now if was on the 37 parallel...

So Middlebrook35--their locale OR the locale of the 'faultline.'. Off to research this burb...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join