It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Irene Just Divide in TWO?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by eywadevotee
My gut feeling, By Monday morning almost all of New York city will be deleted, If you are anywhere near it evacuate immediately. I am unsure what I am seeing- damage looks like a f-5 tornado destroyed everything totally or a major earthquake hit with the hurricane. Almost all buildings broken to rubble, lady liberty toppled, most structures submerged some burning! I hope I am wrong...

You are seeing your imagination, and scenes from too many movies. I hope you re-evaluate your "gut" after this passes and NY takes minor damage. It is a cat 2 hurricane, man I have been through 3 cat 3's a cat 4 and the outer edge of a cat 5, and I lived on the beach. The media has caused all this panic and these insane over reactions.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I keep thinking New York, storm surge, flooding of subways and basements... chasing a gazillion big, mean urban rats to the surface and into taller buildings to escape the water. I can conceive of this mass migration then forcing humans out into the flooded streets where they will be practically helpless...

I saw one estimate that put the rat population of New York at something like 6 to 10 times the human population.

Maybe someone ought to put some cheese on the Brooklyn Bridge?

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by porschedrifter

Actually one hit around 85-87..somewhere in there, Hurricane Gloria. I remember that because I lived in Browns Mills, and a tree landed on our neighbors roof. We had 3 bit trees go down (luckily, none on our house) and my father made 2 chairs and a table out of the trunks for me and my brother
it was a relatively small hurricane.

Seems I have to correct myself..it was actually a "Huge" storm that caused about 900 million dollars in damage up the east coast

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 26-8-2011 by Nkinga because: (no reason given)

also, there have actually been several to hit NJ, much earlier than 50 years.
en.wikipedia.org...

its not really all rare of an occurrence...aside from what you stated...size and slowness of movement.
edit on 26-8-2011 by Nkinga because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Damn man that is insane. Prehaps since the big storm divided into two small storms maybe it wont be as bad or it might be worse, I hope not...

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
really??
It split in two??
I have no words for it.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I do watch the weather alot.Weather underground is my morning spot.If this is not just infrared of the main band getting separated by shear,or atmospheric suck off,like a vacuum,then I guess HARP could be responsible.They have the technology to micro burst a shot of "excitation of electron cyclotron resonance",which actually does make sense on a microversial scale.In effect it creates a small in this case(or large if they choose)hole in the troposhere that lets the coldest air on the planet straight down in a natural spiral.The hole closes,but the ozone hole can travel past the point of impact giving extra radiation to wherever until this hole in the ozone layer finally closes.The original blast of super cooled air meeting hot tropical air would steer things in a different way,but I wouldn't worry about it because we know they have the technology and we know they want to kill us.Wait,that came out all wrong.Oh never mind.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Just my opinion but having been through Hugo and sooo many other Hurricanes I can't even count someone please remind me why all I see is Irene news and it is CATEGORY 2??

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by JulianAlien
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I do watch the weather alot.Weather underground is my morning spot.If this is not just infrared of the main band getting separated by shear,or atmospheric suck off,like a vacuum,then I guess HARP could be responsible.They have the technology to micro burst a shot of "excitation of electron cyclotron resonance",which actually does make sense on a microversial scale.In effect it creates a small in this case(or large if they choose)hole in the troposhere that lets the coldest air on the planet straight down in a natural spiral.The hole closes,but the ozone hole can travel past the point of impact giving extra radiation to wherever until this hole in the ozone layer finally closes.The original blast of super cooled air meeting hot tropical air would steer things in a different way,but I wouldn't worry about it because we know they have the technology and we know they want to kill us.Wait,that came out all wrong.Oh never mind.

"hole in the troposhere that lets the coldest air on the planet straight down in a natural spiral"
No.
First of all, it would be putting a hole in the tropopause, not the troposphere, which is the layer of the atmosphere we reside in. Also the layer of the atmosphere in which all "weather" as we know it is contained. Very rarely do clouds and in-turn storms ever breach the tropopause, this only occurs in the STRONGEST of storms, we're talking the kind that lift your house up and drop you in Oz...but that is neither here nor there.
If this HAARP somehow actually did what you said it would, it would not "let in the coldest air on the planet straight down!
In fact, the temperature lapse rate at the tropopause steadies out to 0 degrees, for a few thousand feet, after which the temperature in the stratosphere (the layer above the tropopause) begins to INCREASE.
If you don't know what you are talking about, it sounds like you're making sh*t up to those of us who can easily spot flaws in your claims. I'd link you to a graphic and numerous sources substantiating what I have said, but I think you should research it for yourself, you learn better that way.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
So can anyone give me one valid explanation?
I read that link from wiki and that seems to be the best one.

Just looked on weatherunderground. The storm seems to be weakening. Nothing more nothing less...I Believe it is a category 1 now.
edit on 09/30/2010 by antmax21 because: Had to check weatherunderground

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by xxPUSH0Noo
Just my opinion but having been through Hugo and sooo many other Hurricanes I can't even count someone please remind me why all I see is Irene news and it is CATEGORY 2??

Because somehow between 2005 and now, we've become a society that loves to complain about how bad we have it, and we get excited when it's only going to get worse. Nobody would pay attention to us if it was 'only' a Cat 2, and it was 'only' threatening one or two states with minor damage.

As far as I can tell, it's an average size at approximately 660kms across, it's a Cat 2, and losing speed as it makes landfall so it will be a Cat 1 by the time it hits up near VA/MD, and the water is even cooler up there, so it will die out fairly quickly.

We've been talking about this Hurricane for almost a week now, I really feel like this is the scene from Austin Powers with the steamroller. We'll see what happens over the next 48-72 hours, but I really do doubt it's going to be anywhere near as bad as people are saying.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I really don't understand how this thread continues to get flags and stars...
People not reading through the thread before being like "ZOMG!!1!!! must be true giant catastrophe at hand!!!! HAARP!!!"?
Really...I give up.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by wrathofall

Yep, I bet HAARP!

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by MRedfield

Probably because it's projected path will touch just about every single state up the eastern seaboard. Its very slow moving, and very organized, so, it has the ability to leave destruction in every one of those states, aside from Florida and Georgia.....so, I don't think its so much the "size" as much as where its goings.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Well I did say it a few pages back... Irene was nothing special. And as to the person who questioned "why is the president making a big deal out of it?" ... because he's your president, and its his duty to tell his citizens when a hurricane is hitting a rare target, that being the north eastern coastline.

The pattern Irene took is nothing special, if you track previous hurricanes developing from the formations in the Atlantic Ocean, you'll notice they typically take 3 routes due to the fronts:

1. Under Florida or through Southern Florida, through the gulf and into Mexico/Texas
2. Through Southern Florida, then North west.
3. Hit the east coast of Southern Florida then persist Northwards.

While the route varies, I'm shocked to see people making such a big deal, even the media, over this paticular Hurricane, as it's not the first time this has occured. As a matter of fact, the last few hurricanes that we've had last year, did the exact same thing.

And a few things to remember folks, at 130-150 mph winds while overseas, this hurricane will look like all kinds of things on the graphical radar. Hell it may even look like micky mouse's head at some point, that doesn't neccessarily mean it's splitting and a re-enactment of "The Day After Tommorow" is to follow. Get your heads out of the damn movies. Meteorologists laugh at that kind of BS media cheeseburger.

Call me a "Know it all" or a "Assumptuous Guesser", but I know myself that I've experienced some pretty nasty Hurricanes and Irene was not one of them. I was here when Hurricane Charley blasted through Florida at CAT4 status, followed by a few other hurricanes, hell 2004 was a bad year indeed, blue tarp roofs for miles, trees in the road, electricity outages for almost a month and a half in some areas. Hell we had to call in the bull dozer at my house, pull out 3 trees, our ceilings collapsed 3 weeks after, due to heavy leaking in the roof that was barely left, luckily my room ceiling collapsed while I was out getting lunch as I usually spent most of my day in there.

Now when you see a CAT5 hurricane knocking on your door, take my advice, nail up all the windows, tape them even, get a HUGE supply of drinkable water, have a hiding area, like the bathroom tub (if you have more than one bathroom, preferably the one with no windows or the least amount of windows and glass), have batteries, and heavy duty flash lights, a generator (you want to cover it up with a cover or something to shield it until after the storm), meet with your neighbors and discuss community plans to check on eachother, take every possible precaution you can because a CAT5 is nothing to play with, Charley was CAT4 when it decimated Florida, and believe me we were prepared.

Irene was cat 3, a bad stormy day at most, still a good idea to board windows though if you have thin glass, but nothing to get "doom and gloom"'ed about.

Be safe.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
the reality of this hurricane is that once it reaches new york it will barely be a hurricane as it moves across cooler waters compared to the tropics though there will likely be flooding due to recent rains in the area it wont be a katrina for the north. it has already began to weaken and will continue to do so as time moves on.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
National Hurricane Center Results

Hurricane IRENE

URGENT IMMEDIATE BROADCAST
WTUS81 KLWX 270733
HLSLWX

URGENT - IMMEDIATE BROADCAST REQUESTED
HURRICANE IRENE LOCAL STATEMENT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BALTIMORE MD/WASHINGTON DC
333 AM EDT SAT AUG 27 2011

...CENTER OF IRENE MOVING TOWARD THE NORTH CAROLINA OUTER BANKS...

.NEW INFORMATION...
UPDATED POSITION INFORMATION FOR 3 AM.

.AREAS AFFECTED...
THIS LOCAL STATEMENT PROVIDES IMPORTANT INFORMATION AND
RECOMMENDED ACTIONS FOR PEOPLE AND MARINE INTERESTS IN SELECT
LOCATIONS AND COASTAL WATER LEGS OF BALTIMORE-WASHINGTON
METROPOLITAN AREA...SOUTHERN MARYLAND...AND THE MARYLAND PORTION
OF THE CHESAPEAKE AND TIDAL POTOMAC.

HARRP or no HARRP this does not look good at all for those poor people

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
witout the obama tere would be no hericain hiting NYC. it's al hes folt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Did Irene just start shooting laser beams out of its.....eye?!

It's turning into a bionic, mech robot sent by god to lower taxes that is evolving the ability to reproduce and shoot laser beams down upon its unwitting victims. Flying pasta monster save us.

edit on 27-8-2011 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
It is now a category 1. By the time it passes PA it will be a normal storm. I'm sure of it.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I am in Hampton Va at 37.06W 76.32W
Storm center now located at 34.1N 76.5W

I would say that this storm has cut it's self in half all right. Half the storm it was yesterday. The whole western edge is gone and the rain is centered around what was once an eye but is now just a storm center.
Conditions in my yard
Steady, light rain. Sustained winds around 12-15 mph at ground level. Gusts around 20-25 although the TV is saying 30-35 I am not witnessing that yet. Its dreary and warm and the ceiling is low but not so bad right now.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join