It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Irene Just Divide in TWO?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
No, it did not just divide into two...

Chuck Norris divided by 0.

And on a side note:
I live right on the Jersey Shore, right where it's predicted to make landfall for a short time. I am just outside the evac zone. It's not that this storm is anything unusual in terms of classification (as they are projecting it to be a H1 when it gets here), but the unusual factors are it's sheer size, slow movement 14mph and the fact that a Hurricane has not hit NJ land in what 50 years?

There you have it.
edit on 26-8-2011 by porschedrifter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
i don't have time to look for a topic for this urgent message! SPAIN, MADRID BE CAREFUL FOR THE NEXT 72 HOURS. A BIG EARTHQUAKE MAY OCCUR! visit: www.dkos.org... (website is in turkish but you can see his predictions. he is %90 right! PLEASE SEND THIS MESSAGE TO EVERYBODY

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
The animation map doesn't show two eyes.
Not in the still maps of cloud cover either.
I think the colours represent rain Intensity cells and not wind speeds, being the wind is what establishes the eye.

I think the other eye is just outer rainbands because of the breadth of the storm.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Im gonna guess it is still one large storm just expanding....wouldnt be right to have 2 low pressure zones with a high pressure zone between them...but I suppose its possible

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by porschedrifter

its not slow it is average. If you need to learn about Hurricanes then go to Here. It is about official as is gets, It seems from what i have read that Atlantic storms do get large but it is really stretching out-not a thicker cat 4, but a thinner cat 2. Hope it won't stall, which it won't because a front is going to push it into the Atlantic. I am here in haha Zone A in Brooklyn and i am staying right here. They are no way going to evacuate the bushwick projects, which are down the street from me. I live in big ware house anyway. And i cooked some extra chicken and got some tasty devil's lettuce! if ya dig. The center Irene coming to the center of the world. Does anyone know why people need to buy water if a hurricane bring so much rain? word to the wise, buy a brita.
edit on 26-8-2011 by UnitedSatesofFreemasons because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by buskey

You are fight my friend!! You people need to wake up!

I got this message/analysis from a friend. See below:

Friends,

I have psychically read Hurricane Irene. While at present the US Weather Service labels it a Category 2, the Cabal will be using secret weather engineering to intensify it and steer it close to shore. By the time it reaches Chesapeake Bay, it will have been engineered up to a Category 4 Hurricane, with sustained winds of 131-155 mph. This will cause a tidal surge in Chesapeake Bay all the way to the Tidal Basin in Washington, DC.
The Cabal will continue their engineering to keep Irene a Category 4 (instead of the USWS-predicted Category 1) when it reaches New York. And instead of proceeding over outer Long Island as the USWS predicts, Irene will be steered to pass over NYC/ Manhattan, thus swamping the low-lying parts of Manhattan with high storm-surge waves and tides.
Why would the Cabal deliberately make Irene so much more destructive? Their motto is: "Ab chao, ordo." (Out of chaos [we derive] order.) But by "order" the Cabal mean the New World Order. They can make billions off the damage through insurance, reconstruction, and recycling older properties. And the Cabal can use the social disorder to advance their political agenda.
Batten down the hatches.
Love and light to all those in Irene's path.

in the light,

Richard Boylan, Ph.D.

Richard Boylan, Ph.D., LLC
[email protected]
www.drboylan.com
Diamond Springs, CA 95619 USA

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Not that I'm saying this COULD or IS happening - but can any physics/aeronautics bods tell me if it IS theoretically possible to "split" an atmospheric presence in twain? My layman mind would think of a simulated storm/tornado in a wind tunnel or something, malleable and open to "let's see what happens" ideas... I dunno, a burst of air, a sheet of cardboard, SOMETHING
has anyone ever tried, and does it work?

This has AB-SOL-OO-TE-LEH nothing to do with freaky ideas about Irene (oo er) or other weather patterns ongoing or upcoming, I'm just curious if, like, air/pressure can work like that or not.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Just a reminder:

For me this thread ended 4 pages ago with this post:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

And this is my last post in it....

Why it got another 26 flags after that, is something for my own conspiracy speculation.
edit on Fri Aug 26th 2011 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
no

2nd

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
LOL you all are too funny....it is just another point of convection that happens in hurricances....convection = thunderstorms haha

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Its not splitting into two, its weakening

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Sorry OP, all signs seem to point to "no".
If a hurricane were to somehow "break in two" it would just become two smaller low pressure systems, so really just 2 smaller storms. If it broke in two, the storm would be weaker and eventually dissipate faster.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by knidos

Talking of earthquakes, if Boston should get a rumble, the Pilgrim Nuclear Power Plant might get in trouble with Irene on top of it... Pilgrim is exactly like the Plant at Fukushima - both built by General Electric, both with same boiling water reactor and containment design and both have a similar age. Plus the New York Times quoted scientists saying that these Mark 1 reactors by GE are more likely to fail in an emergency...

I thought of this after seeing a video posted on ATS about Boston possibly being hit hard by Irene.

However, I (as a believer in HAARP and its use to manipulate the weather) very much doubt that the Insiders/NWO gangsters would sacrifice their precious New York City to such a disaster...

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by BRITWARRIOR
Its not splitting into two, its weakening

Thank you.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
Just a reminder:

For me this thread ended 4 pages ago with this post:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

And this is my last post in it....

Why it got another 26 flags after that, is something for my own conspiracy speculation.
edit on Fri Aug 26th 2011 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

LOL nicely put

Well a fast update, take my word for it or dont. Irene will continue to lose strength. I have not checked out all the reports on TV, but based on my own research and tracking maps etc etc, this storm will make landfall as a legit Cat 2 in NC. It will begin to wear down and as it travels into Maryland it should be a weak Cat 1. Philadelphia, NJ, NY- current projections show it will be a Tropical Storm as it passes through your areas. New England states and Parts of Canada- It will remain a Tropical Storm as it passes through and makes it was back out to sea.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
This is completely normal for a hurricane. It is a feeder band that is being pulled up from the south. The colors indicate the height of the cloud tops. This feeder band is starting to pile up and loop around the entire storm. It has no circulation of its own. It will follow the circular flow of the hurricane. The northeast corner of the storm is always the "dirty" side where all the main weather occurs. This section of clouds will eventually loop around the storm and move to the west side and come back around again. This is occuring in the northeast corner of the hurricane. This is always where the winds are the highest because of the counterclockwise motion is added to the forward motion. Most storms have these patchy bands that stretch for hundreds of miles behind the storm and draw the warm moist air into the center of the storm.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by 5thWorldIsNow

I really hope you aren't serious. "Psychically read hurricane Irene"...I Lol'd right there, and probably should have stopped reading.
"Satellite data and measurements from the Hurricane Hunters show that Irene continues to weaken. A 1:32 pm EDT center fix by an Air Force Reserve aircraft found that Irene's eyewall is still gone, and the central pressure had risen to 951 mb from a low of 942 mb this morning. The winds measured in Irene near the surface support classifying it as a strong Category 1 hurricane or weak Category 2. Satellite imagery shows a distinctly lopsided appearance to Irene's cloud pattern, with not much heavy thunderstorm activity on the southwest side. This is due to moderate southwesterly wind shear of 10 - 20 knots. This shear is disrupting Irene's circulation and has cut off upper-level outflow along the south side of the hurricane. No eye is visible in satellite loops..."
Source: Meteorological Data from "Hurricane Hunter" aircraft, you know, they actually fly into storms and take measurements, not "psychically" read them.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
It is just deep convection in an outer band. I am stunned that so many people are so eager to see freaky things that they see normal things and freak out. I have watched many hurricanes for many hours (from Florida), and there is always deep convection pockets in outer bands. You are just seeing the reflectivity of very very high cloud tops, but there is no center of low pressure inside them. Watch closely, the eye has a tight circulation, the area you are claiming to be a second storm is moving around the outer edge of the storm, and does not have it's own individual rotation.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
My gut feeling, By Monday morning almost all of New York city will be deleted, If you are anywhere near it evacuate immediately. I am unsure what I am seeing- damage looks like a f-5 tornado destroyed everything totally or a major earthquake hit with the hurricane. Almost all buildings broken to rubble, lady liberty toppled, most structures submerged some burning! I hope I am wrong...

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fishticon84

Originally posted by GirlUnleashed

Originally posted by goochball
I like how basically every radar of this area conveniently blacks out shortly before the split....

Also note the gain in intensity.

like so...

edit on 8/26/2011 by goochball because: (no reason given)

So use a weather satellite not owned by America?

Is there any non US sites we can use?

edit on 26-8-2011 by GirlUnleashed because: (no reason given)

The US ones are the best as far as I've seen.

I think here in Canada we still use Commodore 64 servers and software for our weather radar.

You kidding....???

They're still using Vic 20's. Commodore 64's are budgeted for 2013 / 2014 and software the following year........

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join