It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Future TSA: Track All 'Daily Travels To Work, Grocery Stores & Social Events'

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
We can already track you through your iPhones and Droids.

Even if your GPS apps or phone are turned off we can still pinpoint what cell you are in, estimate the distance to the cell's base station, and trigangulate within tens of meters of your coordinates. Even the phone's microphone and camera can be accessed, without probable cause, to transmit audio and video.

Unless you take out the battery.

People are lazy though. So most don't do that.

Since most people don't take out the battery, when you do it makes you a void, an object of interest.

Either way you get tracked.

What other ways do they track people?

Hidden public microphones? Facial recognition in CCTV? Hidden cameras. Microscopic GPS/listening devices.Payment traces,IP range-ID tracking.

Whats the extent?

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
DAMN! wait..isnt tsa an airline?
regardless, thats what career detectives, police, are for..earning thier salary. I dont think anyone at TSA has ever heard of george orwell, or 1984. this is the knida stuff yuode see in TERMINATOR movies! whats next? the old western days? where a judge could site you on spot, and have you hung without a court process? seems like it. if that were the case....it would be judge dredd then. i dont think the people at TSA have a soul.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by KnightFire

You are correct about the secondary batteries being potentially used.

You are also correct about social engineering sites, which allow an entire profile to be built around a person.

Combine that with activities on a mobile device and credit/debit purchases, you can make a pretty complete analysis on behaviors, habits, personality, etc.

The people that don't participate in the system still stand out as voids though, which makes them suspicious and can lead to further inquiry.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

Be careful...I might suggest you have someone standing by ready for a phone call
so they can help you if need be. Do keep us posted!

It sure seems that the idea of late is..."they" dont want us taking pictures,
and video of anything anymore...and they can really make life miserable for those
who resist the conditioning.

All of our phones with cameras and video recorders are just down right convenient for us,
but inconvenient for them.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
No one is going to track me with any success.

If anyone tries to force me to carry tracking technology, that means I am a freaking cow at the cattle ranch.

Let's not be slaves please.

I'd rather die on my own two feet fighting like a human being for my Freedom.

You're not going to track me, 100% impossible.
Well, you can track my corpse but that's the best you will get.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
reply to post by KnightFire

You are correct about the secondary batteries being potentially used.

You are also correct about social engineering sites, which allow an entire profile to be built around a person.

Combine that with activities on a mobile device and credit/debit purchases, you can make a pretty complete analysis on behaviors, habits, personality, etc.

The people that don't participate in the system still stand out as voids though, which makes them suspicious and can lead to further inquiry.

Let's make it fun and point out the fact that vehicles with On-Star can track your every movement and even listen in on conversations without alerting you. And, to prove they can do it, they send out a nice vehicle maintainence report to their users every month.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
You're only scratching the surface, oh and welcome to England... 10 years ago.

Mobile Phones as listening devices:

en.wikipedia.org...

Mobile phone (cell phone) microphones can be activated remotely, without any need for physical access.

How about those store "loyalty cards" you keep using?

en.wikipedia.org...

Commercial use of the personal data collected as part of the programmes has the potential for abuse. It is highly likely that consumer purchases are tracked and analyzed towards more efficient marketing and advertising (in fact, this can be one of the purposes of the loyalty card.) To some, participating in a loyalty program (even with a fake or anonymous card) funds activities that violate privacy.

www.guardian.co.uk...

It sounds good - loyalty cards entitle us to freebies or cash simply for shopping at our local superstore. Of course, retailers get something in return: a heap of information about us we might prefer them not to know. That's before they get started on the new tags that track you and what you buy.

I implore all of you, never, never, never fall back on, "I have nothing to hide so nothing to fear."

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I totaly concur with you! anyone tries to attach tracking crap to me, sooner or later, im goign to remove it, and strap it to i dunno, a freshly cut down tree being logged off too the saw mill
or powerful magnet it too bottom of a train...they can track me all they want then

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I live in the Texas Gulf coast and can attest to the large numbers of cameras throughout the region. Even small towns have them at most intersections atop the traffic light posts.

They are up and down the freeways, on top of buildings, inside ATMS etc. Along with the cameras are varous antennae and sensors pointed at the road.

Every wonder how the large text sign on the side of the road knows how long the transit time is from one exit to another a few miles down the road?

I will often flip off the cameras (give them the bird, that is) and smile the whole while.

No response so far but that s relatively benign, who knows what sort of response physical tampering or, worse yet, picture taking would garner.

It's already here (to quote Bill Paxton in Twister)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by 46ACE
That's why I strongly object
(react)to every inch people want to give the fed gov.Some members here make my head explode:"they protect us"... gaaaaahhhh!!!!

edit on 25-8-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

I feel the same way, truth is, we need protecting from the "protectors"

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Hello mark of the beast.

I can't even comprehend how this is even necessary or useful, or even how anyone could benefit from tracking our every move. It'll be like the patriot act, where they have so much damn information that they couldn't even possibly analyze all of it, in the end never actually accomplishing anything except wasting money paying people to watch other people going to the movies, the grocery store, to work, to the gas station, home. Why?

I've found that universal question popping into my brain at alarming rates lately.

why?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join