It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Return of Christ and the Alien Invasion Deception

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I've posted a lot of things on ATS, and if there is one thing I have learned, it is that often times, people are so set in their ways that you can't show them anything, because even in the face of the most sturdy facts, they will dismiss them to protect their belief. I have also been on ATS long enough to recognize who will behave this way by the context of their replies.

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by smithjustinb

I'm sorry, you'll have to tell me the scripture, book, chapter and verse that says humans are angels.

Our potential for angelhood is implied throughout the Bible. The first verses that come to mind are John 14: 8-12. But even as you read this and many other verses implying the same thing, I am sure you will find someway to protect your belief that this "just can't be possible".

I can assure you, we are not. Angels dont go around murdering eachother, they cannot die therefore, humans are not angels.

Do we ever really die? We go to heaven and we still live on for eternity. Just like angels, except angels have found a way to bring heaven into their carnal existence so that they are born there. We will develop this way eventually. It is the way of the universe as inetlligent energy(not a theological concept, don't ask w/o open mind).

The bible clearly states that angels are messengers. When you seek to use your own rationality to decipher the bible you have already missed the messages contained therein.

You're probably right about this. However, I have also not attained angelhood, so this isn't my expertise anyway. However, I have known the way of the messenger, and I have carried out God's will. Although I fall into temptation, and lose my connection with God, I can and will always return. When I connect with God, and surrender my will to him completely, I do the work of angels. I receive the gift of God's wisdom and I teach it to others. I act in a manner that is in accordance with God's laws and in accordance with enhancing my cooperation with love. This is what angels do unconditionally. I'm telling you, we have this potential. Don't close your mind to the mysteries of the universe.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

You wrote:

["I think that the main problem is that we've been kept blind to the subject for so long that we really don't have a lot more to go on than say... during the Spanish Inquisition. I mean, we have more available print on religion and angels than we do UFOs. Between our government, mainstream science and the media, we've been held barefoot and broke for the last seven decades."]

My career as moderately mad started 50 years ago, when I become interested in UFOs. At that time the subject was practically all nuts-and-bolts, but I've later come to see, that it's not only corporeal ETs making up the (western term) anomaly-department, it's the whole range of paranormal phenomena and even hyper-dimensionality. EACH group being represented (and observed), and with many overlapping/common characteristics.

E.g. would any species not being hampered in its development by rigid monopoly-religionism or reductionist-materialism develop a psi-'technology', whether that species is corporeal or non-corporeal. And it doesn't necessitate the X-files to see that manifested in the long history of the collective category of anomalies.

But as you write, the 'we' (in some cultures, my addition) are blind from being spoon-fed with doctrines from various directions. But I DO have some trust in the potential of examining plain, pragmatic observations for a starter. And it WILL come, when self-sanitation of new-age sensationalism and rejection of doctrinalism gives it a breathing space.

Thanks for the link, but I haven't got technology for looking at web-videos.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
As a follow-up to my last post, byt without implying the contributor 'redoubt', I would like to add this comment on the present thread, its motives and direction.

As it is obvious, that the thread author is disinterested in broadening the factual knowledge on the alien-half of the topic, I can only conclude

a/ This thread isn't intended as a means for real knowledge/information

but

b/ Only is another preaching opportunity.
edit on 27-8-2011 by bogomil because: syntax

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

What is wrong with preaching?

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by XplanetX
reply to post by bogomil

It's best done from pulpits (or in need soap-boxes); it's not fitted to the dialogue-form of a public, liberal debate-forum.

This said, I'm not in ANY way suggesting formal censorship or restrictions, but use my own individual possibility to counter the preaching-form through my posting,.... expressing my opposition to both the form and content of evangelism.

As an example, I could fill pages with one-way sermons on why pastafarians KNOW the moon is made of green cheese (it was aliens or 'god' what done it) and why this ought to be the predominant ideology on this planet.

Legitimately.

And I would most likely be ignored. That is until the day, when pastafarians have enough power to be a nuisance for society, which (just in case) answer a standard question asked to me regularly: Why do YOU care, Bogo?

And now instead of debating thread tactics, can we try to introduce some factual knowledge of aliens on this thread?
edit on 27-8-2011 by bogomil because: paragraphing

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by bogomil

reply to post by bogomil

It's best done from pulpits (or in need soap-boxes); it's not fitted to the dialogue-form of a public, liberal debate-forum.

This said, I'm not in ANY way suggesting formal censorship or restrictions, but use my own individual possibility to counter the preaching-form through my posting,.... expressing my opposition to both the form and content of evangelism.

As an example, I could fill pages with one-way sermons on why pastafarians KNOW the moon is made of green cheese (it was aliens or 'god' what done it) and why this ought to be the predominant ideology on this planet.

Legitimately.

And I would most likely be ignored. That is until the day, when pastafarians have enough power to be a nuisance for society, which (just in case) answer a standard question asked to me regularly: Why do YOU care, Bogo?

And now instead of debating thread tactics, can we try to introduce some factual knowledge of aliens on this thread?

So debating is okay but preaching is not legitimate?

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by bogomil

reply to post by bogomil

Legitimately.

So debating is okay but preaching is not legitimate?

Read my post again.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

E.g. would any species not being hampered in its development by rigid monopoly-religionism or reductionist-materialism develop a psi-'technology', whether that species is corporeal or non-corporeal. And it doesn't necessitate the X-files to see that manifested in the long history of the collective category of anomalies.

I recall an old saying that goes something like... if you can't make the ivy climb the wall, the bricks will weather. If the bricks weather, the ivy won't climb the wall. The whole thing, always, seems to route back to some number of singular concepts that each holds sway over a segment of our society. In every single one of them, there are doctrinal assurities that seem to withstand the blow - as seen from within the body. But from the outside looking in? It's the proverbial house of cards.

It leads one to wonder if we aren't all of us just stark raving mad from birth and on a downhill slide thereafter.

Have genuinely enjoyed the chat. If you ever take the notion to leave your home, it's (the video) always there

edit on 27-8-2011 by redoubt because: minor edit for clarity

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Fascinating topic and one that I find of great interest. Two quick points. The first is as was previously mentioned. While there are some friendly aliens there does seem to be an overbearing theme in alien movies that the aliens will be hostile and attempt to take over the world. I don't know if that our personification of them, trying to make them like us (humans seem to enjoy war) or that we just naturally fear what we don't know. Perhaps there is an agenda even if it's working quietly behind the scenes. I'm willing to say that there does seem to be a bit of push in that direction. Is it conditioning? I'm not sure but that would actually make sense if there is a faction preparing for the eventual return of the creators of life on Earth (We're just following the Bible's story line here). Perhaps "they" know the arrival is going to happen and are preparing by trying to get us on their side of at the very least they want us to dislike their natural enemy too.

My main gripe with all of this isn't actually with the theory itself. What frustrates me the most is that none of this is ever brought up or discussed in church. The book of Revelation and the prophetic verses in Ezekiel, Daniel, and Isaiah are skimmed over as quaint little corners of the Bible. Why don't they have classes to study these things in church? When was the last time you heard a pastor give a sermon on the return of Christ and the battle that will ensue? It's like a forbidden topic in church and most people look at you side-ways if you dare bring it up. I've always found that to be odd. We have a record of Jesus having these discussions with this disciples so it wasn't a topic foreign to Jesus. In modern churches however it's nearly a taboo topic.
edit on 8/27/2011 by dbates because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by dbates

As I recently wrote on another thread, much of the christianities are trying to make themselves
'housebroken' by hijacking contemporary validation-methods. Those wisely abstaining from such, stay with toning down the factual miracle-aspects of christianity and turn it into symbolism and similar easier digested attitudes.

Bringing in the 'signs and wonder' department would be dangerous for such a 'modern' christianity, which hopes that the label of 'religious nut-jobs' can be slowly removed.

The anomaly experiences on the other don't need to support any doctrinal system And besides is much of the abstract background for such anomalies already present in today's culture. Life on other planets is an accepted, rational possibility and general knowledge of 'fields' and energy-manifestations in science doesn't make psi-phenomena quite that unreasonable any more. Complex information as in computers, and complex information carried via microwaves allows for a modern mythology, which grows naturally.

It's different from two thousand year old prophecies, especially as the prophecy market has a stiff inner competition.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
Fascinating topic and one that I find of great interest. Two quick points. The first is as was previously mentioned. While there are some friendly aliens there does seem to be an overbearing theme in alien movies that the aliens will be hostile and attempt to take over the world. I don't know if that our personification of them, trying to make them like us (humans seem to enjoy war) or that we just naturally fear what we don't know. Perhaps there is an agenda even if it's working quietly behind the scenes. I'm willing to say that there does seem to be a bit of push in that direction. Is it conditioning? I'm not sure but that would actually make sense if there is a faction preparing for the eventual return of the creators of life on Earth (We're just following the Bible's story line here). Perhaps "they" know the arrival is going to happen and are preparing by trying to get us on their side of at the very least they want us to dislike their natural enemy too.

My main gripe with all of this isn't actually with the theory itself. What frustrates me the most is that none of this is ever brought up or discussed in church. The book of Revelation and the prophetic verses in Ezekiel, Daniel, and Isaiah are skimmed over as quaint little corners of the Bible. Why don't they have classes to study these things in church? When was the last time you heard a pastor give a sermon on the return of Christ and the battle that will ensue? It's like a forbidden topic in church and most people look at you side-ways if you dare bring it up. I've always found that to be odd. We have a record of Jesus having these discussions with this disciples so it wasn't a topic foreign to Jesus. In modern churches however it's nearly a taboo topic.
edit on 8/27/2011 by dbates because: (no reason given)

They are afraid to talk about it because it causes a rift between denominations in those who believe in pre-tribulation rapture and post-tribulation rapture. The fact of the matter is, and i have another thread called "Pre-tribulation rapture is a myth" that speaks of this, but the fact of the matter is nowhere in the bible does it say that christians will be whisked away to never never land and escape God's wrath, because we will not, we only escape his final punishment and the ones that escape that final punishment are those who get saved DURING the tribulation after the christians are martyred by the Son of Perdition. If youre a christian right now and reading this and all this goes down, its very likely you will die during the purge, some may survive in captivity and a few will survive by fleeing to the mountains and caves, but most will not. I'm a missionary baptist and i have a catholic friend and a pentecostal and we get together and study the end almost every day.

And i'm pretty sure this post is going to restart that whole argument, so for the sake if agreeing to disagree, direct your posts to the thread i mentioned and let us not derail this topic any further.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Godselect777

Numerology is without doubt an interesting hobby for those pursuing it. It does however not add much real knowledge to the human knowledge-pool, and is at best just another added fringe-perspective.

But well, this thread is run on lines of assumptions and speculations anywhy. One more won't harm.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by OneNationUnderNot one single movie, book, or song depicts aliens as Demons.

That's not quite true - you may find this book of interest:

Through the Valley of Deception by Wesley M. Clark

Clark states the same conclusion I came to years ago, that "space aliens" are demons.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
Today, I (whom am missionary baptist) and my collegue (who is a catholic) were discussing the return of Christ to this earth and what might possibly cause the world to unite against him. The answers we came up with was an alien invasion. Now it seems to me that since 1985 when President Reagan convened the entire UN in response to the threat of alien invasions, that there has been an increase in alien invasion movies and television programs from that day forth.

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

Since then we have seen films such as "Independance Day", "The Fourth Kind", "The Battle for L.A." and televisions programs such as "V", "Earth Final Conflict", and the most recent TNT's "Falling Skies". Over the years we have been slowly conditioned to look up at the skies in anticipation of dread and fear with Astrophysicists like Stephen Hawking crying out that anything that comes from the heavens (stars) would likely be aggressive. This is the great deception that the Son of Perdition has planned in order to decieve the world into following him and his rule, with a promise that if humanity bands together we can drive off any "threats" that come to earth, but he is lying. There will be no salvation for those who take up arms, because it is not aliens that will attack earth, but the Lord of Hosts. He whom was known as Jesus Christ. In the Son of Perditions arrogance he will insight the nations of earth to do battle with the Messiah returned. When Jesus returns
the whole world will be in fear of an alien invasion because, since the early to mid 1900's up till now in 2011 mankind has been conditioned that anything that is not from earth will be aggressive and is to be fought. In their blindness they will turn on the Lord and the armies of hell will be complete and the deception soon after will be revealed.

Keep this topic on task, this is about pertinent information only and no atheist drivel decrying the existence of God, this is not that kind of thread and there are other threads that are more suitable for those replies.
edit on 25-8-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

After looking at all the propaganda we're getting about "aliens", I am absolutely certain that the motive behind the alien invasion angle of it all is to portray the return of Jesus as a threat from some other planet or galaxy. What people have to understand is this does indeed have profound biblical implications, for it is in the scriptures. A lot of the things the Bible discusses will start to make sense once you put it into proper perspective. I'll show you one such scripture in Revelations, where it seems to be describing the appearance of these three unclean or evil spirits (this is obviously the unholy trinity) that go forth as representatives of Satan to gather the armies of every nation in preparation for the return of the Lord.

13And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet. 14For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty. 15Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame. 16And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon. - Rev 16

Analyzing this passage in its entirety, it is quite clear that John was not talking about actual frogs but something that to him resembled a frog because of the word "like", and we know frogs don't perform miracles. In all likelihood, we've already seen these "spirits of devils". The typical cultural depiction of the Grey alien most closely resembles a frog, a stretched out humanoid version of a frog, the thing that millions of people claim to have had an encounter with in the abduction reports. So this passage explains the motive behind the alien propaganda, both from the benevolent and malevolent angle.

As the world goes deeper into chaos with wars and economic collapse and such, the apex of the alien deception will be the Son of Perdition and his representatives arriving on the scene posing as our saviors, the "ancient astronauts" that engineered us by manipulating the DNA of apes to speed up our "evolution", they will likely say. They will claim an invasion from another "alien race" is imminent, and that to defeat this enemy, we must evolve into absolute Godhood with further changes to our DNA by accepting what the Bible calls 'the mark' ("and ye shall be as gods"). This will be the start of Tribulation, and after many years, the Lord will return starting the battle of Armageddon, but just before this, millions will disappear, we call it the rapture.

edit on 1-11-2012 by BlackManINC because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackManINC

Analyzing this passage in its entirety, it is quite clear that John was not talking about actual frogs but something that to him resembled a frog because of the word "like", and we know frogs don't perform miracles.

Evil spirits like fallen angels or demons are what frogs can represent. There was an Egyptian god who took the form of a frog, which is what the second plague in Egypt before the Exodus took place was about, specifically Yahveh mocking the egyptian god Heket goddess of childbirth. Each of the 10 plagues was designed to mock one egyptian god/goddess. As each plague decended Yahveh mocked an egpytian god and the egyptians knew it. The final straw was when he sent the angel of death to take the firstborn of egypt, and then he was mocking Osiris in showing that their gods were nothing at all and Osiris had no power to resurrect when they called upon him to return the dead.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Have you heard of Project Blue Beam?

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
most Christians do not follow "God" or "Jesus" but the bible - the book.

If "jEsus" was to return today, many Chrisitans would reject him in favor of the bible even IF Jesus himself would prove the bible has been changed and this anti-Christ spirit has been here deceiving all along...

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join