It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Return of Christ and the Alien Invasion Deception

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cor Leonis

To those who do not believe this truth "God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie." (2 Thessalonians 2:11b)

I don’t understand this bit, why would bible god send a strong delusion?

Won’t this make bible god a liar and a cheat?

Why would a god go out of his way to delude people (using delusions and tricks are strategies used in conflict, how can bible god be in conflict with his creation?) – does anybody else think this bit is odd?

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Originally posted by goldentorch
What might cause the whole World to conspire against him? So much for his believers that would also if we are to take your premise of the whole world conspiring against him

If you were a believer you would know that the whole world does not include christians.

You probably mean a believer YOUR way.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by dsclev
I agree wholeheartedly. When we (and yes I mean you and me and your catholic friend, we're all different parts of one body) are raptured, what other explaination will those who don't believe have to explain the sudden disappearance of millions of believers in Christ. It can't be that stupid mythology that the Bible warned us about. It must have been a mass alien abduction! It will cause them to accept a one world leader, with all the right answers, the antichrist, and a one world mark and currency. We can't know for sure, but it makes as much sense that the rapture would be explained away by that, than anything else. Especially since we've all be conditioned by the entertainment and mass media toward ET's existance. If they don't believe in Christ, what other explaination could there possibly be?

The RATIONAL approach is to wait for something to happen, before it's used as an argument.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by racasan

I believe this is a reference to the god of this world, Satan, not the almighty who sends strong delusion.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by racasan

To those who do not believe this truth "God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie." (2 Thessalonians 2:11b)

Why would a god go out of his way to delude people (using delusions and tricks are strategies used in conflict, how can bible god be in conflict with his creation?) – does anybody else think this bit is odd?

Sometimes the context of the passage can help to understand.

2TH 2:5 Don't you remember that when I was with you I used to tell you these things? And now you know what is holding him back, so that he may be revealed at the proper time. For the secret power of lawlessness is already at work; but the one who now holds it back will continue to do so till he is taken out of the way. And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will overthrow with the breath of his mouth and destroy by the splendor of his coming. The coming of the lawless one will be in accordance with the work of Satan displayed in all kinds of counterfeit miracles, signs and wonders, and in every sort of evil that deceives those who are perishing. They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness.

The passage is about the revealing of the 'lawless one' also known as the 'antichrist'.

God sends a powerful delusion to those who refuse to love the truth and be saved. This applies to people that reject Jesus and refuse to repent. Their time is up and God gives hands them over to the enemy because they delight in wickedness.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by racasan

The Son of peredition is to be revealed. The Son of Peredition has the seed of Satan and the son will be instrumental in bringing about lying wonders by the power of Satan. It is the god of this world that sends the world strong delusion.

We must remember that the authority that was given to Adam was relinquished to the serpent, (Satan),

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   

reply to post by racasan

The Son of peredition is to be revealed. The Son of Peredition has the seed of Satan and the son will be instrumental in bringing about lying wonders by the power of Satan. It is the god of this world that sends the world strong delusion.

We must remember that the authority that was given to Adam was relinquished to the serpent, (Satan),

From the ancient Greek this passage definitely refers to God, not god. It is God that sends the powerful delusion, he allows Satan to manifest as the 'lawless one'.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by XplanetX

Good point. Of course there in the scripture where it sits, it does not say which god sends the strong delusion. Being that the Almighty God has much greater power than the Devil. I can see your point, that it could be the Almighty who sends the strong delusion. To give man over because of their unbelief.

In what I posted earlier, that is just my understanding of the issue. I am open for correction.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by OneNationUnder

You wrote:

["What if aliens are Demons coming to Earth because God is letting them out of the Pit when our Sin reaches a certain level?"]

Yes, and what IF NOT?

Quote: ["Then, in the End Days, when Sin reaches critical mass and our sins have disrespected and offended God to the point of no return, which apparently we are in The End Days according to Pope John Paul II and Pope Benedict (as well as many others), all the Demons are released in UFOs to Earth to do battle against His Saints on Earth."]

Interesting pseudo-scienctific thinking about the theory of 'sin' reaching critical mass. It almost makes it look rational for the casual reader.

Quote: ["They will set themselves up as Gods and when "aliens" come, that's EXACTLY how people will see them --as Gods."]

That's how Jahveh started his career as a pseudo-god.

Quote: ["The Bible also says that God allows The Deception to happen for 3 1/2 years, then the veil is lifted. So, the Deception is that Aliens are beings from other planets (God created only man on earth) when actually they're Demons who will set themselves up as Gods."]

The REAL deception is, when the pro-Jahveh propaganda is presented as 'truth'.

Quote: ["You'll notice that more and more sightings of UFOs have been taking place in recent years. This is because our sins are quickly bringing us to The Tribulation."]

And now we just need the missing link in the reasoning-chain to explain WHY this assumption is valid.

Quote: ["We, because of our sinful ways, have brought all of this on ourselves."]

Only if 'sin' is accepted as a credible premise. You're building assumptions on top of assumptions.

Quote: ["Maitreya calls himself and his fellow Masters "Ascended Masters." We know that Satan always tries to pose himself off as Christ, but is the opposite. The opposite of a Fallen Angel is an Ascended Master. So once again, Satan is trying to fool mankind by setting himself up as a God, and once again just like in The Garden, THE God."]

Nice little semantically created scenario of 'good' and 'bad' guys. We can safely ignore all competing truth/reality-seeking methodologies by TALKING them out of existence. Viva la scholastics.

Quote: ["The people on earth were chosen by God specifically to be on Earth at this moment in Time."]

You got it wrong. It was the great noodle-master, and this can be proved true with some napkinism support: "It's true, because it's written here, that it's true". For anyone trying to accuse me of mocking, I better state again, that I'm a secular pastafarian, and that pastafarianism is an officially recognized religion with the right for free expression of religious beliefs.

Quote: [" So the Deception is that aliens are beings from other planets, and not what they really are...Demons."]

No, as said before, the deception is, that Jahveh is a demon, not his opposition.

Quote: [" In all of these years why hasn't the mystery been solved?"]

A great deal of violence and bookburning have been used to keep the truth about Jahveh being a demon secret.

Quote: ["Why haven't these so-called beings from other planets come forward and land on earth?"]

Why don't 'gods' speak so it can be heard clearly?

Quote: ["Why? Because they're being held back by God's hand."]

Another propaganda-assumption.

Quote: ["Not one single movie, book, or song depicts aliens as Demons. They all portray aliens as being from other planets."]

Technically speaking anything non-human is 'alien', and there is a lot of hyper-dimensional or non-corporeal 'aliens' around also. It's not only the nuts-and-bolts types seen on radar-screens etc. Get the categories sorted out.

Quote: ["Why? Because that is the conditioning they want us to believe."]

As opposed to christian missioning, which never lowers itself to 'conditioning'.

Quote: ["How many people even thought of the idea of aliens being Demons? Not many. And then when they hear of the possibility they think there's no way, because it goes against what they've believed all of their life, thanks to movies, books and so on. But, the possibility of aliens being from another planet is now accepted. Think of that. Seriously. That idea is now accepted."]

There's no need to make it so complicated. Anyone can take a dictionary and search for the word 'alien', without having to go through christian doctrinalism first.

Quote: ["Only those with God really in their hearts will not be deceived."]

Taken as a subject for epistemological examination, this is also interesting. As a predigested truth though, it's questionable.

Quote: ["A couple days later I got a call from a very higher up who wanted to hear my story from Beginning to End and everything else that I didn't mention days earlier. They were very excited!
So, that's what I believe is really happening."]

I wish you the best for your further status opportunities.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Thanks for the replies so

King James Bible

And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

Is ether referring to satan jerking people around or bible god jerking people around

If don’t think its satan (god of this world type of thing) because every time you see the word god in the bible your going to have to work out which of the many gods the passage refers to

And if you say its bible god sending the delusion – then you have problems

You don’t try to delude people you love:
If I fall out with my loved ones I attempt to bring clarity to the situation as that’s the best way to resolve such situations – I might try to delude people who I was in a confrontation with as a strategy to defeat them

And if you are saying “strong delusion” that would imply a scale of delusion – weak/middling/strong – kind of thing

So some might fall for a weak delusion, someone else would see through that but might fall for a middling strength delusion and so on

If god is all knowing he would know who would fall for what strength delusion – so why would he bother, would it not be more efficient for him to just take who he wants and not mess other people around?

edit on 26-8-2011 by racasan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Thanks for the replies so

King James Bible

And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

Is ether referring to satan jerking people around or bible god jerking people around

If don’t think its satan (god of this world type of thing) because every time you see the word god in the bible your going to have to work out which of the many gods the passage refers to

And if you say its bible god sending the delusion – then you have problems

You don’t try to delude people you love:
If I fall out with my loved ones I attempt to bring clarity to the situation as that’s the best way to resolve such situations – I might try to delude people who I was in a confrontation with as a strategy to defeat them

And if you are saying “strong delusion” that would imply a scale of delusion – weak/middling/strong – kind of thing

So some might fall for a weak delusion, someone else would see through that but might fall for a middling strength delusion and so on

If god is all knowing he would know who would fall for what strength delusion – so why would he bother, would it not be more efficient for him to just take who he wants and not mess other people around?

edit on 26-8-2011 by racasan because: (no reason given)

God through the holy spirit is holding back the 'lawless one' from being revealed. Once revealed, if you do not have a love of the truth you will be deceived.

God loves you and wants you to repent before this happens. This applies to all of us. It is a warning from God.

Just like this one:

GE 2:15 The LORD God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it. And the LORD God commanded the man, "You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat of it you will surely die."

edit on 26-8-2011 by XplanetX because: typo

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   

If you had a child you loved and who was in a perilous situation, would you try to delude the child and there by make its situation even more difficult or would you try to give the child some clarity so it could make rational decisions and thereby (hopefully) get its self out of difficulty?

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

If you had a child you loved and who was in a perilous situation, would you try to delude the child and there by make its situation even more difficult or would you try to give the child some clarity so it could make rational decisions and thereby (hopefully) get its self out of difficulty?

I would still love the child even if he/she had turned their back on me.

God has the right to judge, don't make the mistake of comparing us to God. We are but an image.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by XplanetX

God has the right to judge, don't make the mistake of comparing us to God. We are but an image.

So humans are far more moral than bible god - ok

And you seem to have forgotten we have eaten fruit from the magic knowledge tree – we are more than just “in his image” we also have to power of knowing good and evil

and sending delusions is evil

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Racasan wrote:

["If god is all knowing he would know who would fall for what strength delusion – so why would he bother, would it not be more efficient for him to just take who he wants and not mess other people around?"]

Momentarily risking going off-topic (I'll reknit soon), and with only seemingly disrespect, I'll hang on for a few sentences.

The basics of this thread, as with so many other christian soldier missioning threads is spiritual bondage:

"Master, I deserve punisment for my sins".

Back to topic.

There IS war in heaven, according to many mythologies (later promoted to religions), the main difference between them being who the 'good' or 'bad' guys are. This thread is another recruitment effort to one of the sides, without many apparant rational arguments, but appealing to the masochistic part of mankind.

Such a recruiting method is far from unusual, because it in certain mindsets create a special very strong bond of submission towards whatever 'master' is promoted. This can not only be seen in mundane contexts, but also in the various perspectives on the (galactic?) war. Several sides present their existential principles, and support those principles by claims from channelled messages from the galactive council; 'seijdres' from Woden; meeting assorted angels, demons or other paranormal/allegedly supernatural beings; visiting heaven, hell or nirvana; going on astral travels.....whatever.

What's common for these approaches is, that 'such' principles seldom are taken as optional, they are mostly presented as indisputable 'truths',..... and that it's not up to the invidual to find his/her way through them, 'authority' will take care of that.

Thus I consider this thread from the perspective of orchestrating a scenario (willfully or from ignorance) by arranging the available information in such a way, that it is nothing more than a premature 'warning' against the alleged opposition of one side. Creating a feeling of general distrust except for falling in line with the strong, determined 'master' Jahveh.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Only on your premises. Are you venturing into the area of objectivity?

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

So humans are far more moral than bible god - ok

And you seem to have forgotten we have eaten fruit from the magic knowledge tree – we are more than just “in his image” we also have to power of knowing good and evil

and sending delusions is evil

We are an image that knows good and evil. We are not the original article.

ISA 55:8 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways,"
declares the LORD.

ISA 55:9 "As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by bogomil

Only on your premises. Are you venturing into the area of objectivity?

I am sorry, I don't understand what you are trying to say. The context of this thread is discussing the return of Christ and the alien invasion deception, referencing a particular passage in the bible.

Incidentally, here is the passage from the OT concerning man and women being created in God's image.

GE 1:27 So God created man in his own image,
in the image of God he created him;
male and female he created them.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   

God weeds the strong from the weak, those who can open their hearts and believe over those who cannot or absolutely refuse to believe in Him and obey his laws. Christ will not save you if you cannot and will not believe in him, thats just the way it is.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

You wrote:

["I am sorry, I don't understand what you are trying to say. The context of this thread is discussing the return of Christ and the alien invasion deception, referencing a particular passage in the bible."]

As to understanding me, you and I are probably operating with such different ideas of what's 'truth' and even more how to find it, that communication is hampered.

On the specifics of this thread, I'm referencing the overall attitudes of some kinds of bible-interpretations and how they are marketed, with special attention to the propaganda-aspects of a 'war in heaven' (which this thread is an example of).

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join