It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Busted!! fake news on libya- movie sets, fake videos and pics, death threats to journalists

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by letscit

Walking around with an ego as large as a continent would be one. Not that that defines insanity, but it certainly goes a great deal to push the fact that you are.

He was insane from his power dreams. And even in defeat announces victory. He reminds me a great deal of some Old style kings and queens. Their governments gone and their family in exile, they seem content to continue on the title of queen or king, despite being out of power.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Lizzie Phelan and Mahdi Darius Nazemroaya who were mentioned during the discussion have arrived safely in Malta along with other journalists. The information is on the Voltaire Network.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

Well, USAisdevil is right in his point of view . MSM has been known to fake evidence and thereby fallacies are being subject to severe scrutiny.While you may be right in your view, but you have yet to explain the lighting fallacy in the entrance around that tower because on close view it does look like a sunset as pointed out by USAisdevil.USAisdevil is right to point out the fallacy and you are yet to provide sufficient explanation/evidence for explaining the fallacy. Considering the level of lies of MSM,if occum's razor was applied , MSM could be renamed mainstream lies/hoax work .

You have better evidence or explanation sir,because even I am not yet sold to your arguments and the fallacies pointed out by wcitizen and USAisdevil are still valid .

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Before you reply check the material posted. This whole issue has been dealed with.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

I have checked it Sir, and only then responded.The fallacies pointed out are not explained yet,Sir.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Well go frame by frame with the video then. Point out to me where exactly is this fallacy? How is it not a building as it would fit perfectly with the lighting scheme of the scenario. Why is it that the sunset then only appears at one small spot in a long video? What direction is that place in relation to the sunset? What color would a building then be if infact this isn't one?

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen
Gas in Libya is sold at the outrageous price of .12 cents per liter (bigger than US quart).

Kinda lost me at American gas being sold by the quart.
Maybe your article got some other things wrong?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by SirClem
reply to post by cripmeister

Why are the claims "outrageous"?

There is no evidence to support them and all the sources offered have been slightly truncated or removed by a step form the original source, a la David Icke.

Why are they not outrageous?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

Walking around with an ego as large as a continent would be one. Not that that defines insanity, but it certainly goes a great deal to push the fact that you are.

If this would be the definition of insanity, every American walking on this planet, would be certifiably insane. As well as the Chinese, the Germans ...

I don't think many Americans realize, that their Ego is just as big as that of Gaddaffi. The only difference is, Americans have nukes. And they'll use them too ...

What I am trying to convey here, is that it isn't his EGO that defines him insane. But his immense love for himself, his need for attention and bathe himself in hitler type jubilae. His dreams of power, are no different from any other politician, or billionaire. This insanity can be seen in many monarchy displays of the world. Take a look at the self display of some monarchs, who think they are the center of the universe ... the newspapers show nothing but them, theirs, etc. This is insanity .... because this activity, doesn't reflect reality. The average American, knows they haven ukes, and can use them ... so their EGO is not "unrealistic". The EGO of the kings and queens, currently is just as insane as that of Gaddafi ... they are nothing, but still have a few selected personell around them, who portray them as something majestic ... as that is how they see themselves.

That is the insanity, you meant ... I know.
edit on 30-8-2011 by bjarneorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kitilani

Gas in Libya is sold at the outrageous price of .12 cents per liter (bigger than US quart).

No, it's your misunderstanding of what is written. It's not saying that gas is sold in quarts in US, it's providing the information so people can make a comparison between the prices of gas in Libya and US.

Gas in Libya = 12 cents per litre. One litre = approx. 1 quart.

4 quarts = 1 gallon

Therefore

Price of gas in Libya = approximately 48 cents per gallon.

Maybe you got some other things wrong too.

edit on 30-8-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by SirClem
reply to post by cripmeister

Why are the claims "outrageous"?

There is no evidence to support them and all the sources offered have been slightly truncated or removed by a step form the original source, a la David Icke.

Why are they not outrageous?

Correction. There is evidence to support them, but you don't agree with the evidence, which is fair enough.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   

No, it's your misunderstanding of what is written. It's not saying that gas is sold in quarts in US, it's providing the information so people can make a comparison between the prices of gas in Libya and US.

4 quarts = 1 gallon

Therefore

That is not what it says at all. That is your own interpretation that includes the ADDITION of your own "facts" to make it work.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Correction. There is evidence to support them, but you don't agree with the evidence, which is fair enough.

No there is not. If there were, it would have been presented by now. It has not been. Just because you think you have evidence does not actually mean you do.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by bjarneorn

Well yep. And I'd really be indifferent to civilians taking down those in Washington Libya style.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I found this interesting youtube video called 'fake libya war footage':
You're the judge.
edit on 30-8-2011 by D1ss1dent because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by D1ss1dent

good one

looks like the california desert to me !!!

and those reporters need a refresher course in acting.

1950's war movies looked more real than THAT

They Should Have Watched This First

or this training video

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

No there is not. If there were, it would have been presented by now. It has not been. Just because you think you have evidence does not actually mean you do.

With respect, I beg to differ.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

4 quarts = 1 gallon

Therefore

That is not what it says at all. That is your own interpretation that includes the ADDITION of your own "facts" to make it work.

So, show me where it says that in US gas is sold by the quart.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

the post is saying .12 cents per liter or roughly .48 per gallon, but the liter is bigger than the quart so their gas is actually cheaper than that......wow, sounds like they had a horrible life paying that much per gallon huh?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by patternfinder

I guess if the real measure of quality of life is hte price of petrol then they msut have been one of hte happiest bunches in the world.

But it's not really like that, is ist, and it's a bit specious to suggest that it is!

The wiki article on minimum incomes gives the following for pre-revolt Libya:

130 Libyan dinars (€75) per month for a single person, 180 dinars for a married couple, and 220 dinars for a family of more than two; the government heavily subsidizes rent and utilities; government workers receive an additional 130 dinars per month for basic food staples

So they're earning about US$105/month (for a single person, or more according to the ratios given) - or about 1/12th the minimum wage in the USA ($7.25/hr x 40 x 52/12 = $1256) and the price for gas is what - about 1/4th that in the USA?? Hmm..perhaps not such a good deal after all??

I wonder how many of them actually have cars?? Well wiki, of course
has a list of countries by number of motorvehicles per 1000 pop'n - US has 828, Libya comes in 50th with 234.

Yeah...I think I'll go with cheap gas isn't really such a great selling point for the locals......

and the extra pay for government employees tells me a lot too - getting a Govt job is very important - it is a setup for politicial "patronage" and cronyism.
edit on 30-8-2011 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join