It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Busted!! fake news on libya- movie sets, fake videos and pics, death threats to journalists

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by cripmeister
reply to post by wcitizen

Tell me, what does this footage (from FOX) have to do with your OP and the claims that Al Jazeera faked the Green Square footage?

I'm one of those people who just doesn't take orders.

Have a nice day.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I was looking for an official statement from the BBC regarding this :

I have found nothing. Not even a mention of the incident in a MSM news website.
It's not even remarkable. These things happen all the time, nothing to be surprised of or scandalized and worth reporting.

So the only interesting link I could find is this blog, it's only a blog focused on the media lies.
The blogger e-mailed the BBC for explanations. It looks reasonably credible to me.

Extract :

I write to draw your attention to the ‘BBC Breakfast’ TV show broadcast 24th August 2011, in which Bill Turnbull and Kate Silverton, having reviewed the morning’s news papers, introduced ‘live’ video footage of Tripoli, Libya. Bill was heard asserting that the footage was coming from Green Square in the Libyan capital. They described the scenes shown as jubilant Libyan citizens celebrating the fall of Tripoli to rebel forces.

In actual fact what was shown on the video was a completely unrelated celebration or protest in India happening sometime in the past. It was not ‘live from Tripoli’ as most viewers would have believed but a doctored feed from a pre-recorded event on a different continent.

Response from Adam Bullimore, "BBC Breakfast" Deputy Editor :

Dear Mr Raddie

The output team in the gallery believed the pictures were live from Libya but took them down as soon as they realised that we were showing the wrong footage. Shortly afterwards, we ran a scripted apology for our mistake - something the 'YouTube' version of the incident does not include.

The problem was caused by confusion over a 'feed' coming in to Television Centre from the international agencies. I understand that the images initially fed through to the gallery didn't arose suspicion although I believe our basic desire to get the latest pictures on-air quickly played a part here.

We sincerely regret the position it left our presenters in on-air, but most of all, the confusion caused to our viewers.

I hope this explains what happened. We take any incident which potentially damages the BBC's reputation very seriously and have discussed it within the Breakfast team.

Response to Bullimore, pertinent comments I think :

Dear Adam,

Thanks for your swift response.

However, it has raised even more questions that we at BSN (bsnews.info...) feel need answering:

You wrote that, 'the output team in the gallery believed the pictures were live from Libya”. Why would they believe that? Who told them the pictures were from Libya? BBC editorial staff must have seen the footage before broadcasting the ‘live feed’ to the general public - how could the Indian flags be mistaken for those of the Libyan rebels?

You then say: 'the problem was caused by confusion over a 'feed' coming in to Television Centre from the international agencies.”. Which international agencies? Was it another media company like Associated Press or Reuters? Was it NATO or the UN? Why do the BBC not have their own feed from the Libyan capital?

Did the international agencies actually feed the BBC archive footage from India and claim that it was live from Tripoli? How is it possible for a so called professional organisation such as the BBC to be tricked and what motives could lie behind such trickery? Has the BBC ceased working with the particular ‘international agency’? Has an investigation begun on how an external ‘international agency’ could fool the BBC into broadcasting incorrect and misleading images to millions of viewers?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by cripmeister

No it doesnt Oh and once again more acting on that video link you posted.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by cripmeister

Green Square, Libya. Check this out, footage of Green Square from September 1st SHOWING THE YELLOW HIGH OBJECTS. Your buddy wcitizen agrees that this footage is genuine by the way.

Again why did they flimed at night? really i dont think so wcitizen doesnt agrees that this footage is genuine if so prove it oh and dont try to fake the Quote.

at the video 0:10 you can see there not a milion people in the crowd i would agree to this,

This looks like a SMALL crowd of CIA assets.

The peoples fake smiles kind of give it away knowing it was stagted.

edit on 1-9-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-9-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Ok, cripmeister, I'm going to reply to you one last time.

Your buddy wcitizen agrees that this footage is genuine by the way.

The above is one more example of a total lack of respect to people who disagree with you. It is rude and it is dishonest and it has an agenda - to ridicule and put down people who don't agree. You have maintained this attitude from the beginning of the thread.

I don't give a damn if you agree or not that the AJ footage is fake. You've shown yourself to be rude and unpleasant to many on this thread, and you;'ve contributed very little of substance. Therefore what you think is completely irrelevant to me.

Now, with regard to your post asking why the FOX video I posted has to do with anything, since the beginning of this thread you have focused on one thing only, that is the AJ footage. You say you have debunked it, I don't believe you have. I am happy to disagree with you on that, that's fine, absolutely no problem.

BUT, you've been so focused one thing, you seem to have forgotten that the thread isn't about that one video, it's about fake news on Libya. For that reason, the video I posted has EVERYTHING to do with the topic of this thread.

Ok, that's it. Enough is enough. This is the last time I'll reply to you on this thread.

edit on 1-9-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by cripmeister

Tell me, what does this footage (from FOX) have to do with your OP and the claims that Al Jazeera faked the Green Square footage?

Are you seriously going to dictate what we are allowed to talk about in this thread ?

The OP contains several documents and raises many issues not only the Al Jazeera footage.

I am not convinced the Green Place footage is fake but the OP provides other examples of fakery, the Indian flags or the Scud in Brega.

I am disappointed to observe you are more interested in harassing wcitizen than discussing the documents put forward.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Good find, Manouche.

I've also written to the BBC and have yet to receive a reply.

Personally I too find their answers a bit unsatisfactory. How can you mistake 'live feed' for an old video? Or, alternatively, how come 'feed' showing old images from India was coming through the international feed at all?

Since I don't believe there was a celebration going on in Green Square that morning at all, I'm hard pushed to believe what they are saying, so I admit bias.

I'll be interested to see if they reply to him again - and indeed, whether I get a reply from them too, lol!

The BBC, of course, is also famous for having reported the fall of WTC7, approx 30 minutes before it fell, lol!

Anyway - let's wait and see if they reply to him, lol.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen
OK. This is my last reply to you. After that I'm going to simply ignore you. You want to force me into a discussion with you. I have provided pictures which I believe support my belief that the initial scenes were fake, as have many others. It's simply a question of looking at them and seeing if you agree or not. If you don't agree, as I said before, that's fine.

Well I'm not going anywhere. I am calling you out and challenging your evidence. If you do not want to eloborate on those then I shall just consider my point made. Many have provided theories and posted images and videos. Nothing has even come close to providing any evidence of fraud in the original clip.

Earlier in the thread I posted several pics of the grey paving slabs and an explanation of those pics.

So far I have not even looked into this and haven't commented on this.
So it is your claim that the level of detail around the gate should be so that the slabs should be visible? How is it that the rest of details that would of the same level are not either?

Up until now I've remained polite and courteous with you, but you want to force me into entering into a discussion with you when I have clearly expressed that I don't want to.

You may not want to discuss the evidence you provide but that kind of nullifies it so you might want to at least give it a shot.

I won't bite, psykops, and I will not be forced. I don't wish to enter into discussion with you because you've already disrupted the thread with ongoing squabbles which add nothing to the discussion. Also, I really don't appreciate the sharp, accusatory, unpleasant tone of your posts.

So because I was targeted by a troll my discussion with you is over? Also my posts have been far from accusatory or unpleasant.

Like I said, look for yourself at the mass of material on this thread, and everyone's comments, and make up your own mind.

I have looked at every piece provided. I have made up my mind. Now I just have to shut up and not enlighten others?

I'm not going to reply to any more of your posts.

Have a nice day.

It's actually night in here.
Deny ignorance

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Good find, Manouche.

I've also written to the BBC and have yet to receive a reply.

Personally I too find their answers a bit unsatisfactory. How can you mistake 'live feed' for an old video? Or, alternatively, how come 'feed' showing old images from India was coming through the international feed at all?

Since I don't believe there was a celebration going on in Green Square that morning at all, I'm hard pushed to believe what they are saying, so I admit bias.

I'll be interested to see if they reply to him again - and indeed, whether I get a reply from them too, lol!

The BBC, of course, is also famous for having reported the fall of WTC7, approx 30 minutes before it fell, lol!

Anyway - let's wait and see if they reply to him, lol.

How can you mistake 'live feed' for an old video?

It's easy when you are following orders from someone standing over you !

how come 'feed' showing old images from India was coming through the international feed at all?

Because the "supervisor" was told to place it there !

The BBC's "disclaimer" was an obvious "likely story" !

"Technical Difficulties" are an old excuse for failure !! Especially when those "failures" are planned in advance !!

edit on Sep-01-2011 by xuenchen because:

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Now, with regard to your post asking why the FOX video I posted has to do with anything, since the beginning of this thread you have focused on one thing only, that is the AJ footage.

You are right and for this I apologize. I shall take another look at that FOX video.

edit on 1-9-2011 by cripmeister because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Wait a minute... You're suggesting that there is a supervisor there telling them to use fake footage? This make no sense at all.
"Hey guys, when we do Libya insert some footage from India there. Make it something that has flags and everything so everyone who sees it knows it's from India".???

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps

Wait a minute... You're suggesting that there is a supervisor there telling them to use fake footage? This make no sense at all.
"Hey guys, when we do Libya insert some footage from India there. Make it something that has flags and everything so everyone who sees it knows it's from India".???

That's what I am suggesting.

It was an international feed.

IMO take it or leave it.

CNN did it before.

I think it was a planned performance.

IMO.

ETA: BBC/WTC7 "jumped the gun" ??

whatreallyhappened.com...

edit on Sep-01-2011 by xuenchen because: BBC/WTC7

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Libya: Scud missiles at Brega - Really?

More fake news, this time from Fox.

Even at the beginning of the video, Brega is shown in the wrong place on the map. It is actually hundreds of miles further east.

en.wikipedia.org...

I agree, this is bad. They placed the town all wrong and they used footage of a completely different event. But considering the source I can't say I am all that surprised.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

I'm still not getting it. Why would they with intent insert footage there that most 1st graders would recognize as Indian? What possible reason would they have for planning it?
edit on 1/9/2011 by PsykoOps because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps

I'm still not getting it. Why would they with intent insert footage there that most 1st graders would recognize as Indian? What possible reason would they have for planning it?
edit on 1/9/2011 by PsykoOps because: (no reason given)

I'm still not getting it. Why would they with intent insert footage there that most 1st graders would recognize as Indian?

You actually believe most 1st graders could recognize that flag ????

if you think it was an honest mistake, then who were the 1st graders that didn't see it at the studio.

take my opinion for what its worth .......

or come up with a better solution, not the one-liners.

your opinion is OK with me.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

I don't believe in an omnipotent supervisor either but I would like to understand how this could happen.

Let's take a different perspective on it. So the unfortunate mistake was caused by confusion over feeds. All right. Still the live feed was supposed to document the news that people have gathered in Tripoli to celebrate on 24th August in the morning.

Have you seen any footage of it ? I haven't. I have searched for it and couldn't find any footage of it of that day in daylight. For sure, a footage of this significance must have been broadcasted if not by the BBC then by some other network. If it was not broadcasted live then later on. Where is it ? The only footages in relation were at night.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manouche
reply to post by PsykoOps

I don't believe in an omnipotent supervisor either but I would like to understand how this could happen.

Let's take a different perspective on it. So the unfortunate mistake was caused by confusion over feeds. All right. Still the live feed was supposed to document the news that people have gathered in Tripoli to celebrate on 24th August in the morning.

Have you seen any footage of it ? I haven't. I have searched for it and couldn't find any footage of it of that day in daylight. For sure, a footage of this significance must have been broadcasted if not by the BBC then by some other network. If it was not broadcasted live then later on. Where is it ? The only footages in relation were at night.

Excellent point, manouche. I haven't found any either. And that ties in with what the independent journalists were reporting. When that footage was broadcast they were reporting that Tripoli had not been taken and it was a lie. There were reports from Lizzie Phelan, Thierry Meyssan and others all saying the same thing.

Lizzie Phelan also wrote that her sources had confirmed that the footage was fake.

These were the same jouranlists who reported they had received death threats from undercover CIA agents who were posing as journalists.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

One has to wonder who Lizzy Phelan's contacts were. I suspect she got her information directly from the Libyan regime.

By the way, has Lizzy Phelan ever been critical of Gaddafi and his regime?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   

These were the same jouranlists who reported they had received death threats from undercover CIA agents who were posing as journalists.

Would love to see some evidence of anything like this happening to real journalists. If anyone would have caught the details, this would be the wrong crowd to mess with, right?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Back to the OP, the supposedly faked Al Jazeera Bab Al-Aziziya footage. Below is the crudely made comparison between photos of the 1986 Libya bombing memorial linked to in the OP.

As far as I have been able to decipher it they claim that the two photos on the right are fake. They are supposedly fake because they don't appear to have "USA" printed on the tail and the flag is missing. The observation itself is accurate, something is different but is this really evidence of fakery? I will tell you straight away - no. What this is evidence of however is one of two things, either ignorance or disinformation. I will explain.

Below is one of the "genuine" photos used in the comparison above, the article which it appears in is dated February 16, 2008. But the photo itself is actually older, this article suggests that the photo was taken at least as early as 2003. (edit to add: this timeline suggests 2001)

Source

Why is this important? Well according to the photo below from Nicolas Sarkozy's visit with Gaddafi in 2007 the monument appears to have undergone changes. The American flag has faded considerably and "USA" is barely visible.

Compare the above photo from 2007 with the supposedly faked Al Jazeera screen cap from August 23, 2011 below. Look at the monument, look at the damage on the walls in the background.

Al Jazeera did not fake the Bab Al-Aziziya footage and as I said earlier the claims of fakery are either down to ignorance or a deliberate attempt to mislead the reader.

edit on 1-9-2011 by cripmeister because: fixed image size

edit on 2-9-2011 by cripmeister because: link to timeline

edit on 2-9-2011 by cripmeister because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join