It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Busted!! fake news on libya- movie sets, fake videos and pics, death threats to journalists

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manouche

Libya: Scud missiles at Brega - Really?

Awesome example of misused images and blatant manipulation !

Here, the same footage (unsourced) in context in a CBC news clip :
www.2424actu.fr...

"... the Lybian government flag being thrown from a central tower..." says the anchor.

Here, a Euronews TV footage showing the same guy planting the rebels flag in substitution :
www.2424actu.fr...

This rather unsignificant event in the grand scheme of things was still reported in several networks for some reason... And still one of the footage was misused by a large TV network. Clearly not an honest mistake to me.

Great find. And in those links the presenter says its Zawiya

And here's another US clip using exactly the same image.

www.2424actu.fr...-2896074

As you say, they've used that one image all over the world in various news stories.....there must have been a shortage of alternatives, lol.
edit on 1-9-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Here's a video from the same french website. Showing people in Green Square on 1 September, 2011, celebrating Id.

www.2424actu.fr...-2955464

I'm sorry, I don't know how to embed this video, otherwise I'd post both the fake and this one together.

This video is clearly genuinely shot in the real Green Square.

Notice that the grey paving slabs are visible and the palm trees are also clearly visible. Notice also that this is also taken at night and see the VAST difference in the lighting. Here the lighting and the perspective are clearly visible and entirely congruent.

More evidence that the first video, shown in the OP, was a fake and was shot in a studio mock-up of Green Square, and I believe this evidence is irrefutable.

Under international law fake propaganda is a war crime.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I don't see a difference in the lighting of the area. Can you be more specific? Also about those grey slabs. Cant really comment on them untill more you can be more specific

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by theshepherd2
How many times is this going to have to happen before people stop acting surprised that NATO made-up reasons to invade a country? So far it's been clearly documented twice, in not even 10 years.

We shouldnt expect anyone NATO or otherwise to not tamper with what people see. There is probably no un edited raw news and footage coming out of anywhere in the world about anything.

Now if you still believe there are diffrent sides that really do have conflicting interests in an event....wherever whatever....then figure that the "good guys" gave up the fight for strait news a long time ago and dicided to fight fire with fire.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
I don't see a difference in the lighting of the area. Can you be more specific? Also about those grey slabs. Cant really comment on them untill more you can be more specific

Psykops, to me it's obvious. If you don't see it, then you don't see it. I've no intention of getting drawn into any more circular it is, it isn't arguments with you on this or any other thread.

If you can't see a difference in the light, you can't see it. If you you think it's the same,, that's fine. No problem with that for me.

Same for the grey slabs. I posted pics and explained my thinking. If that's not enough for you, well so be it. It's not enough for you. Fine. I've no problem with that either.

Have a nice day.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen
...and I believe this evidence is irrefutable.

Then you post something and refuse to point out what it is??? I'm confuzzled.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

...and I believe this evidence is irrefutable.

Then you post something and refuse to point out what it is??? I'm confuzzled.

I have no problem with you being confuzzled either.

Have a nice day.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock

We shouldnt expect anyone NATO or otherwise to not tamper with what people see. There is probably no un edited raw news and footage coming out of anywhere in the world about anything.

Now if you still believe there are diffrent sides that really do have conflicting interests in an event....wherever whatever....then figure that the "good guys" gave up the fight for strait news a long time ago and dicided to fight fire with fire.

I agree that its hard to trust any news source anymore, but to say there are no source not tampering with footage seems a bit extreme. I would contend that many smaller independent news sources as well as people that just happen to be filming release unedited footage (granted there may be examples of people editing this, but to claim its all is just untrue).

Perhaps I'm misreading but are you trying to call NATO the good guys here and justifying everything shown on this thread by saying there fighting fire with fire. I'm sorry but I refuse to call anyone a "good guy" who is threatening and killing journalists who are reporting different stories than them. These journalists also happen to be smaller independent ones that would be most likely to be truthful.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Grambler

I just mean to say that some, whoever anyones good guys may be, some feel like lies and editing have more effect on a desirable outcome than the clumsy truth. You know, the people dont know whats good for them anyway and the propaganda of the other side is so great that we need to run our own game. Thats all I mean.

And yes my statement was sweeping.....I was engaging there in an example of the above.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

So the evidence is irrefutable except you dont want to explain it at all? How is that even evidence then? How is it evidence if you plain out say you won't put it in words so someone might try to see it too? That's not very solid evidence then.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

So the evidence is irrefutable except you dont want to explain it at all? How is that even evidence then? How is it evidence if you plain out say you won't put it in words so someone might try to see it too? That's not very solid evidence then.

OK. This is my last reply to you. After that I'm going to simply ignore you. You want to force me into a discussion with you. I have provided pictures which I believe support my belief that the initial scenes were fake, as have many others. It's simply a question of looking at them and seeing if you agree or not. If you don't agree, as I said before, that's fine.

Earlier in the thread I posted several pics of the grey paving slabs and an explanation of those pics.

Up until now I've remained polite and courteous with you, but you want to force me into entering into a discussion with you when I have clearly expressed that I don't want to.

I won't bite, psykops, and I will not be forced. I don't wish to enter into discussion with you because you've already disrupted the thread with ongoing squabbles which add nothing to the discussion. Also, I really don't appreciate the sharp, accusatory, unpleasant tone of your posts.

Like I said, look for yourself at the mass of material on this thread, and everyone's comments, and make up your own mind.

I'm not going to reply to any more of your posts.

Have a nice day.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

More fake news, this time from Fox.

Even at the beginning of the video, Brega is shown in the wrong place on the map. It is actually hundreds of miles further east.

en.wikipedia.org...

Nice find cripmeister claims that Al Jazeera faked the Green Square footage has been thoroughly de-bunked here really? i dont think so

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Enough of this wcitizen, stop moving the goalposts. We have de-bunked the claims in your OP.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

More fake news, this time from Fox.

Even at the beginning of the video, Brega is shown in the wrong place on the map. It is actually hundreds of miles further east.

en.wikipedia.org...

Nice find cripmeister claims that Al Jazeera faked the Green Square footage has been thoroughly de-bunked here really? i dont think so

I know.......debunked, really? lol!

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by cripmeister

Enough of this wcitizen, stop moving the goalposts. We have de-bunked the claims in your OP.

Really? I must have missed it. lol.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by cripmeister

The image doesnt match.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by cripmeister

Really We have de-bunked the claims? by who has de-bunked the claims? nice try but that it isnt de-bunked got it? whats the matter truth hurts it doesnt it?

I have seen alot of Qatar flags in those supposed fake footages out of libya, now if it were flimed why would wave the qatar flags then? rather then waving there kingdom of libya flag eh?

dont give me that its because qatar supports the rebels, its something much more then just supporting.
edit on 1-9-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Tell me, what does this footage (from FOX) have to do with your OP and the claims that Al Jazeera faked the Green Square footage?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by cripmeister

claims that Al Jazeera faked the Green Square footage?

It seems your the only one dennying that Al Jazeera didnt fake the Green Square footage i can tell for one thing they did.

Fake Green Square Rebels

The Real Green Square

Vid

Again so where are those yellow high objects we see here?

The gate doesnt match

Heres the real one

Its pretty easy to fake news and war footages to make it look more like real, then really is, if you have the right actors and money to do it, prefectally.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

It seems your the only one dennying that Al Jazeera didnt fake the Green Square footage

Wrong.

Again so where are those yellow high objects we see here?

Green Square, Libya. Check this out, footage of Green Square from September 1st SHOWING THE YELLOW HIGH OBJECTS. Your buddy wcitizen agrees that this footage is genuine by the way.

The gate doesnt match

Yes it does.

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join